PDA

View Full Version : Slow D/L Fast U/L

Agrippa
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:34 AM
I've browsed this forum and havent found an answer...

Im using bittorent 3.42
I get decent uploads all the time (+/- 40 kb/s)
Yet my download never seems to travel above 20
This is on super popular downloads (i.e right now..same porb with S-Otakus Naruto 88) so its not a seeding issue.

I never have any problem with slow download speeds on anything but torrents...so It's not my cable either.

Anyone have any ideas?

hiroshi
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm having the same problem. I took note however, that the server is down (As stated on the front page on the right hand side). With this in mind, i'm not surprised if the speeds are slow.

I'm just gonna leave my program running anyway, in the hope it comes back online soon.

Kak Worm
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:13 AM
I too have a similiar problem. Normally for popular torrents, my DLs can range from 50kbps to 60kbps. But right now, I am only hovering ard 20kbps.

iminyourbrain
Sun, 06-20-2004, 04:46 PM
I ran lunar anime torrents last night on a popular file (90 ul/500 dl) and it ran slow, then i ran a couple older, less popular but still seeded lunar torrents (around 5 ul/ 25 dl) and got over 200k each. HOLY JEEZ! thats weird stuff. Popular torrents are going really slow, i don't remember this being the case before. I guess popular torrents can run slow if the people downloading don't have a good upload speed themselves, but i've experienced the same thing where you upload 3-5x more than you download.

GoldeNaruto
Mon, 06-21-2004, 08:41 AM
hey....does anyone know when will the server be working properly...and do u know how much time will it take?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

please Reply i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Thnx

qwert321
Wed, 06-23-2004, 07:23 AM
can anyone tell me how to check my own connection u/l n d/l speed?

Darkflare
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:01 PM
go to www.dslreports.com and on the left to tools and then to speed test