PDA

View Full Version : The Best Anime is...

Shaka
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:04 PM
I am new at this foruns and at watching animes in my pc, I wanna know which animes you guys consider the best, so that I will search and download then! Say your opinion, talk a little about the anime, lets discuss! But no SPOIL, ok?
I am downloading Naruto, I have just got the 50th ep. (yes, I know that there are over 80 episodes!).
I liked it a lot! But I want to know other cool animes! ^_^

Shadow-wolf
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Try some of the anime listed under the topic "good anime" in this section. This has been discussed already. Shaka, well to the group.

Shadow-wolf
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Oops, Thats "welcome" to the group.

Locke
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:59 PM
There is an edit button, you've been at the forum for 124 posts you should have noticed it by now.

Berserk is the best anime

Good animes are
Shadow Skill
Wild Arms
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Ragnarok The Animation (Ongoing)
Samurai Champloo (ongoing)
Macross Zero (ongoing)
Gantz (ongoing)
Peace Maker Kurogane
Gungrave
Samuria Deeper Kyo
Now and then, Here and there.

That's just a small list

Tofu #2
Thu, 06-17-2004, 10:01 PM
the best animes are:

NARUTO
ROD TV
SAMURAI CHOMPLOO
HELLSING
FMA
o dear god i forgot trigun and berserk

those are really just most of the animes ive seen. i dont watch that much anime

Alhuin
Thu, 06-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Some of the animes I liked are:

Rurouni Kenshin OVA (trust me... the OVA is better than the series)
Naruto
Trigun
Berserk
Hellsing
SoulTaker (havent seen much of this but im in the process of getting it)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
FLCL (havent seen much of this but im in the process of getting it)

thats about it... oh and if you want to see a funny anime... Love Hina (gotta love an anime about a guy living in an inn with lots of chicks i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif )

Mut
Thu, 06-17-2004, 10:36 PM
cowboy bebop

Saruto
Thu, 06-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Tenjou Tenge is a great anime.

Full metal alchemist too..

Naruto!!

tokyo underground is not so bad..

samurai champloo (theres only 3 ep now)

Gods_Son
Thu, 06-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Cowboy Bebop

njdevs95
Thu, 06-17-2004, 11:35 PM
www.animenfo.com has a top 100 list on it's site. While I don't agree with all of them there are lot's of good anime's on that list, I have probably downloaded 60 of the top 100.

ExTREm-San
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:34 AM
Scrapped Princess
Airmaster
Galaxy Railways
Hajime No Ippo
Kenshin + OVA's + movie.

That's what i recomend.

Poiple Weezard
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by: _naruto_X
the best animes are:

NARUTO
ROD TV
SAMURAI CHOMPLOO
HELLSING
FMA

Samurai Champloo has only been out for several episodes so far. In my opinion, if you've only seen a couple episodes of a series, and are already willing to call it the best of all time, you must have a fairly low opinion of anime in general.

Himura_san
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:19 AM
I like Berserk but once you read the manga you'll see how they screwed up the anime.

Right now my favorite anime series has been Naruto followed by GTO and HXH.

Goingin
Fri, 06-18-2004, 01:54 AM
There are lots of anime series that u might like, but u just have to try out some

I only have 2 to add to this list of series stated in the posts above

Gundam Seed (licensed, but can be found on www.boxtorrents.com)
Shura no Toki (still in it's release)

I got into the anime by just trying series, like Naruto, i tried ep 84 a while ago which made me end up downloading the rest of it i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
So pick one, download an ep, watch it, like it and download the rest i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

[edit]
btw, welcome! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

iminyourbrain
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:09 AM
i like action/violence/supernatural animes... and just about all the ones stated above. but i really really liked rahxephon. its very NGE-like and the domestic movie dvd is coming out soon after i've been waiting forever.

Xollence
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:40 AM
All of the new animes that have been coming out are good. Except for Aishiteruze Baby of course. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:53 AM
1. Rurouni kenshin
2. Now And Then Here And There
3. Hikaru no Go
4. Naruto
5. Berserk, manga is a must after watching the anime
6. Trigun
7. Golden Boy (pure humour at it's best)

Atheist
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Berserk is the best anime offcourse i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif followed by hellsing and gungrave

Shaka
Fri, 06-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Thanx guys, I'm going to start my downloads right now! (...think I'm going to buy some CDs COUGHALOTOFCDSCOUGH to record the animes...)

njdevs95
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:21 PM
lol if you saw my cd collection you'd shit yourself. Between anime and movies I'm pushing 1,000 cd's right now.......I really need to get a dvd burner soon.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:42 PM
NOIR is the best anime. It's about these two female assasins, and a related organization calle Soldats, but the story is far deeper than you're average assasin story. I had this feeling that I was watching something important, something significant. Action sequences are awesome, and the subtleties are magnificent.The soundtracks are some of the best in all of anime. Kind of a mix between gregorian chants and techno/trance. Lots of tracks even have a hard rock edge.

Berserk is another anime completely and thouroughly amazing anime. Think Machiavelli when watching this, and pay attention to the setting that it's taking place in. Certain things hit me by surprise (even if the 1st ep let me know it was that type of anime, it wasn't apparent) and they were all good surprises. I really don't want to say too much about this anime, but if you like deep and involved stories that are actually easy to follow, and also animes that comment on the nature of man in general....then this is definately for you.

There's a myriad of other things like gundam wing, scryed, helsing, crest of stars, last exile, rahxephon, and evangelion. It's not a complete list, but they're some of my favorites. In the way anime movies, you should watch akira if you havent, street fighter the movie (I loooooooove fighting), fist of the north star (again with the fighting), and vampire hunter D (cuz vampires rule, and so do vampire hunters).

Comedy anime wise, I like gto, tenchi series and love hina (both romance comedy type things, both have some action too).

More recent good animes are Narutaru (don't be fooled by the cute little pokemon-like thinggies. extremely disturbing, you've been warned) and Full Metal Alchemist, which is actually still going.

If you actually watch all of these, you should get a good idea of the kind of anime you're into. Have fun.

ScudBoy
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:32 AM
If you are talking best anime ever,
Nausica by Miyazaki.
End of story.
If you mean best in general, anythin g my miyazaki, maboro oshi, katsuhiro otomo, rumiko takshi or masamuni shirow.
Best action/drama show- cowboy bebop
best action comedy- trigun
dest martial arts temjo-tenge or shuta no toki.
best overall long running martital artls show- rurouni kenshin and narto
best action comedu drama horror- full metal alchemist
best mind f****, gantz, or serial experiment lain.

Of the oldies, macross always rules (macross zero, wich just came out kicks major ass), I like the old Space Pirate Harlock & galaxy Express 999 shows. I'lso love the old artmic productions like Bubblegum Crisis (the original ova series), gallforce and maddox 01.

And when in doubt, go rent/download something you've never heard of. You never know what you might find.

PS, Oh and when it comes to collections, I can say with out fear of contracdictions I've been collecting anime longer than most of youhae been alive (25+ years) since vack when a there were only 2-3 full time sub groups (anyone remember team daikon or fast?)and a good copy meant it was only a 5th gen vhs tape. Currently, I have bout 300-400 video tapes, about 12 laser discs, 1200+ cd's, 4 120gig+ hard drives, and about 300 or so dvd's. I try never throw anything away. I hav seen some weird stuff over the years, some really bad shows & some really good ones no one else seems to have heard of. thats why I say when in doubt just watch anything.

Tofu #2
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by: Poiple Weezard

Originally posted by: _naruto_X
the best animes are:

NARUTO
ROD TV
SAMURAI CHOMPLOO
HELLSING
FMA

Samurai Champloo has only been out for several episodes so far. In my opinion, if you've only seen a couple episodes of a series, and are already willing to call it the best of all time, you must have a fairly low opinion of anime in general.

no one gives a damn about what you think. you didn't even post your favorite animes anyways, so go sniff a dogs ass.

sk_
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:00 AM
escaflowne
evangelion
last exile
gungrave
cowboy bebop
ghost in the shell

jucraze
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:15 AM
I think the best animes so far are:

Excel Saga (funny)
Cowboy Bebop (just awesome conceptually)
Naruto
One Piece
Gantz
Kenshin OVA (avoid the series and read the manga if you want)

I dont know how people could recommend Evangelion. It is something of a classic but I hated Shinji. He had to be the gayest main character in the history of anime. Not to mention the anime was a little boring in general. To each his own I guess....

r3n
Sat, 06-19-2004, 08:45 PM
best completed anime ive seen is probably hunterxhunter (TV) or scrapped princess. best anime still running is naruto

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:52 PM
ok, i wont say best, but good ones are:

action: Naruto, Full Metal Panic, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, Get Backers, Hellsing, Read or Die OVA, Tenjo Tenge, Samurai Champloo, Shadow Skill, Shura no Toki, Scryed, Airmaster, Gantz

action/drama : Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Wolf's Rain, Yugo the Negotiator, Monster, Konjiki no Gash Bell,

comedy: Full metal Panic:fumoffu, Golden Boy, Green Green TV, Great Teacher Onizuka

Dramedy (drama/comedy): Ai yori aoshi/enishi, Onegai Teacher, Onegai Twins, Ultra Maniac, DNA^2, Midori no Hibi, Gokusen

i know its a lot but i still feel like im only scratching the surface lol, i watch a lot of anime and ive seen all of most of these series, i know theres more but thats a good start for an otaku in the making i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

must see anime:
Great Teacher Onizuka - hilarious, one of the funniest series ever
Golden Boy - ultra hilarious, keep a bucket in ur room or u may wet urself
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu - PURE HILARITY, funniest series i've ever seen period
Green Green Tv - hilarious and perverse, beware the all male gym orgy and the bear rape....
Trigun - classic, action/westernish anime
Get Backers - a well balanced series, some comedy, some drama, pretty good action

ps - almost forgot to put in Full Metal Alchemist, and i know im forgettin so much more, but oh well lol

Elfo
Sun, 06-20-2004, 07:54 AM
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST
CHRNO CRUSADE
GUNSLINGER GIRLS
NARUTO
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO
SAMURAI 7
GUNGRAVE

theblakeman
Mon, 06-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Berserk, Hajime No Ippo, Fruits Basket, Full Metal Alchemist, Last EXILE, Cowboy Bebop, and Naruto <- These animes are top-notch in my opinion. Berserk for its excellent story-telling and characters, Hajime No Ippo for its consitent quality and ability to hold your interest for 76 episodes, Fruits Basket for it showing that not all Shoujo anime are cutesy fluff, Full Metal Alchemist for it being constantly dramatic and smart, Last EXILE for its spectacular visuals, Cowboy Bebop for its wit and class, and Naruto for being a martial arts show that has actual thought put into it. I guess you can also credit the fact that most of these animes have excellent mangas as their source works.

Darkflare
Mon, 06-21-2004, 12:20 AM
my favorites would have to be scrapped princess, get backers, cowboy bebop, love hina, and great teacher onizuka live action, if you want to consider that anime i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Mon, 06-21-2004, 12:11 PM
i agree with u on most of it except GTO: LA, sure it was good as far as Live Action series go, but it was a repeat of the anime but the anime did the things a lot funnier and better because of the lack of limitations of reality, is it ur opinion that the Live Action gto is better than the anime version or are u just advising the live action because the anime is licensed already (i think it is anyways cuz it shows on the Anime channel i have)

Uchiha-Itachi
Mon, 06-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Naruto
GetBackers
Hunter x Hunter
Chobits
Shingetsun Tsukihime
Hellsing
Ragnarok The Animation

winnydapoo
Mon, 06-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Gungrave is definitely worth a look, also gantz and tenjo tenge.... dude theres tons of cool anime!

wintersymphony
Tue, 06-22-2004, 05:45 AM
i liked...

rahxephon
last exile
gundam seed ^o^ (just finished watching but its sooo long)
ayashi no ceres
chobits
ayashiteruze baby (its so cute XP not done yet but so far so good...)

i'm a love story fan... anyone know any good romance/comedy? except love hina because in my opinion... the girl kind of got on my nerves :x... sorry >.<

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 06-22-2004, 06:02 AM
This is a little off, but please be kind and give me an answer...

What anime in the genre comedy is the best you've ever watched?

I've watched:
GTO
Green Green
Excel Saga
Full Metal Panic
FMA (has it's moments)

Those are animes I see as pure humour

hikaru004
Wed, 06-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Here's my comedy list

Full Metal Panic
Magical Shopping District Abenobashi
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan

Makunochi Ippo
Wed, 06-23-2004, 10:23 PM
the best anime is hajime no ippo, and GTO!!

Mut
Wed, 06-23-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by: LegendarySenninJiraiya
i agree with u on most of it except GTO: LA, sure it was good as far as Live Action series go, but it was a repeat of the anime but the anime did the things a lot funnier and better because of the lack of limitations of reality, is it ur opinion that the Live Action gto is better than the anime version or are u just advising the live action because the anime is licensed already (i think it is anyways cuz it shows on the Anime channel i have)

dude... you're so wrong. gto live action was SO much better.

Bronzie
Thu, 06-24-2004, 01:50 PM
wow, i have an anime that thought would defenatly be in here. Saiyuki, imo, very hilariuos yet action packed, decent plot. ive been buyin the dvds so i havent exactly finished watchin the series. but like i said, its a good on in my opinion

Mut
Thu, 06-24-2004, 02:25 PM
quick OT question, how many episodes are there for gundam seed? and i thought i remembered someone telling me that seed was an acronym for something, can someone tell me what it is?

njdevs95
Thu, 06-24-2004, 05:21 PM
50 EPS DUNNO WHAT IT STANDS FOR THOUGH