PDA

View Full Version : Truth About Uchiha's Past

Sharingan83
Thu, 06-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Last month, my friend was watching the show with me where Itachi slaughtered the entire family. Of course he was shocked at the result Itachi did, so he came up with his theory. He came to the conclusion that Itachi may be on the "good" side. His unique reasoning would be that maybe the parents or entire family could have been planning an evil trap for the kids or to destroy Konoha village. Little did we, the audience, know of their intentions. Itachi could have found out and didn't want to traumatize Sasuke in thinking that his parents turned out to be awful people. And Itachi could be hiding a secret to Sasuke to protect him, regardless of the terrible things we've witnessed between the 2.

Could this theory work out???

It doesn't to me, I disagreed with my friend.

Gods_Son
Thu, 06-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Completely incorrect

Tofu #2
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:42 PM
your "friend" is a liar and a thief.

itachi almost killed sasuke and you call that protecting?
and what coincedence?

Mut
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:49 PM
absolutely incorrect.

M1N10N
Thu, 06-17-2004, 10:48 PM
how can he be a liar, it was simply an idea he came up with. And considering that the author has not clarified it, I doubt that you all are the end-all be-all authority on what is to happen i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

CyberPunk
Thu, 06-17-2004, 11:19 PM
i don't know about the family planning anything, but i too believe that itachi slaughtering his clan just to see if he could isn't the entire truth.

viciousHyuuga
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by: Sharingan83
Last month, my friend was watching the show with me where Itachi slaughtered the entire family. Of course he was shocked at the result Itachi did, so he came up with his theory. He came to the conclusion that Itachi may be on the "good" side. His unique reasoning would be that maybe the parents or entire family could have been planning an evil trap for the kids or to destroy Konoha village. Little did we, the audience, know of their intentions. Itachi could have found out and didn't want to traumatize Sasuke in thinking that his parents turned out to be awful people. And Itachi could be hiding a secret to Sasuke to protect him, regardless of the terrible things we've witnessed between the 2.

Could this theory work out???

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY FUKING ARSE OFF,

an i suppose itachi is just being a spy in the group his in now.. an the only person who knew was the 3rd but his dead now so he cant go back. HAHAHHHAHA an he bashed Sasuke for kicks back when he was trying to kidnap naruto HAHAHA

Assertn
Fri, 06-18-2004, 12:50 AM
i did consider the idea how we could all get this rubbed in our faces by chambers if the "truth" is itachi didnt do it.....but chances are this truth is gonna be told from the perspective of sasuke......

and if sasuke knew that in truth itachi did NOT kill his clan......then why would he want to kill itachi?

RasenDori
Fri, 06-18-2004, 08:03 AM
...we shall find out the truth soon enoguh...but this is almost laughable...if this theory was the case then why does itachi want sasuke to hate him?

PSJ
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:49 AM
this is not a unique theory i cant remember if it was death BOO Z or some other guy but a while back someone came up with a similar theory i have also been thinking some on this but there are holes to be filled in a theory like this..... notice i dont laugh at you like the other morons in here. stop the laughing and namce calling etc etc and tell him why his theory is incorrect.

M1N10N
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Kakashi Killed the Uchiha clan, and took the Sharingan of the head of the family. Itachi then covers for Kakashi because they are secretly lovers, however his brotherly love and incestual tendencies prevent him from killing Sasuke.

Years later, Kakashi begs and pleads to be Sasuke's Jounin teacher because he can see himeself in Sasuke... literally.... and so the story goes.

The Lord of Morning
Fri, 06-18-2004, 04:04 PM
nasty. . . .

yeah we all can guess there is something more to why itachi killed the clan. i think he personally killed them, although the reason is definatly more then what we know. i find it odd how he doesnt kill him but rather insists he 'hate more' etc etc.

i always had the feeling he killed the clan and saved sasuke because if he hadnt, someone from akatsuki would have done it, and then killed sasuke as well. although from the raw i have a feeeling thats less likely. i think he has a different perspective on being a ninja's, similar to orochi's obsession with power and jutsu, and chose his own path, even if it was evil.

Knives122
Fri, 06-18-2004, 09:56 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: _naruto_X
your "friend" is a liar and a thief.q]

not to mention an iddiot

Kalean
Fri, 06-18-2004, 11:43 PM
You're all being rather dim, although some less than others. Since we don't actually KNOW that Itachi murdered his clan (since the only evidence is hearsay, and the only heresay is Sasuke's, and the only reason sasuke can say that is because Itachi showed him with the mangekyou sharingan, and we all know that the mangekyou sharingan can do more than show the truth, it can manufacture things that never happened [aka the attack on Kakashi] ) I think calling anyone who has an alternate theory an idiot, is very foolish. However, I'm still partial to the theory that Itachi DIDN'T kill the clan, and rather concealed the truth to protect sasuke from the true killer. He never almost killed Sasuke, sasuke was never even close to death. He caused Sasuke mental torment which only strengthed Sasuke's desire to become stronger, which is the only motive Itachi has shown that we can really assume to be truth, as he continually insists that Sasuke become strong enough to beat him, and even tells Kakashi that only sasuke could stop him. Those of you that want to believe Itachi is an evil badass, feel free. But don't call someone an idiot for thinking up something new, that only reveals how close-minded you are. If you think he's wrong, explain it, or shut up. Silenced.

Hybrid
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by: Kalean
You're all being rather dim, although some less than others. Since we don't actually KNOW that Itachi murdered his clan (since the only evidence is hearsay, and the only heresay is Sasuke's, and the only reason sasuke can say that is because Itachi showed him with the mangekyou sharingan, and we all know that the mangekyou sharingan can do more than show the truth, it can manufacture things that never happened [aka the attack on Kakashi] ) I think calling anyone who has an alternate theory an idiot, is very foolish. However, I'm still partial to the theory that Itachi DIDN'T kill the clan, and rather concealed the truth to protect sasuke from the true killer. He never almost killed Sasuke, sasuke was never even close to death. He caused Sasuke mental torment which only strengthed Sasuke's desire to become stronger, which is the only motive Itachi has shown that we can really assume to be truth, as he continually insists that Sasuke become strong enough to beat him, and even tells Kakashi that only sasuke could stop him. Those of you that want to believe Itachi is an evil badass, feel free. But don't call someone an idiot for thinking up something new, that only reveals how close-minded you are. If you think he's wrong, explain it, or shut up. Silenced.

Exactly. I've seen theories WAAAAY more implausible than this one.

Mut
Sat, 06-19-2004, 12:48 AM
itachi making it look like that he murdered the uchiha clan and his family makes NO sense. for what possible reason could he have done this? what would he get out of it?

M1N10N
Sat, 06-19-2004, 02:03 AM
Question: "itachi making it look like that he murdered the uchiha clan and his family makes NO sense. for what possible reason could he have done this? what would he get out of it?"

Answer: Kakashi's Lovu-Lovu.

PSJ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
itachi making it look like that he murdered the uchiha clan and his family makes NO sense. for what possible reason could he have done this? what would he get out of it?

if he told sasuke about the real murderer chances would have been that sasuke would try to kill him and therefore risk his own life, it seems like itachi really loves his brother fomr the latest chapter so he said he killed the clan to protect sasuke if sasuke would try to kill itachi itachi wouldnt kill him just escape or knock him out. is there any other reason to show sasuke how they uchihas died with the mangekyou? why torture his brother who he love for no reason? also the reason why he killed his clan is very stupid, i did it to test my own strength then why not go up against the strongest of jounins or maybe even the hokage, there are pleanty of alternatives other than killing your own family. he doesnt seem like a cold blooded murderer either, he could have killed several ppl already for example kakashi and kurenai but let them live, why?

so stop calling ppl liars, stupid, idiots etc tec just because they com up with a diffrent theory that you guys dont like. grow the fuck up. also dont say things like thats incorrect say why its incorrect.

RasenDori
Sat, 06-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya

also the reason why he killed his clan is very stupid, i did it to test my own strength then why not go up against the strongest of jounins or maybe even the hokage, there are pleanty of alternatives other than killing your own family.

so stop calling ppl liars, stupid, idiots etc tec just because they com up with a diffrent theory that you guys dont like. grow the fuck up. also dont say things like thats incorrect say why its incorrect.

i dont think that the point was to test his actually strength. itachi knows that he is strong.
consider what is the most important thing to the ninjas of the leaf: friendship and peace.
if itachi wanted to join the akatsuki he must be willing to break free from what others consider to be the weakness of the leaf (which is actually there greatest strength)
the greatest extreme of this is killing his family and by doing thisitachi is able to prove that he can break away from his humanity and become a tool, the way of the shinobi.
i feel that he failed in that attempt and feels remorseful, and therefore wants sasuke to kill him for his sins

PSJ
Sat, 06-19-2004, 07:55 AM
maybe but there are still to much questions. for example why show sasuke with the mangekyou how his parents and other relatives died? and what does akatsuki have that itachi want? and when the akatsuki is drawn into this you could ask, did the akatsuki kill his family becuase he refused to join? and did he join in order to protect sasuke? maybe itachi made a deal with akatsuki, i will join, but dont hurt my brother or something like that since sasuke was lucky enough to survive the massacre.

Kalean
Sat, 06-19-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
i dont think that the point was to test his actually strength. itachi knows that he is strong.
consider what is the most important thing to the ninjas of the leaf: friendship and peace.
if itachi wanted to join the akatsuki he must be willing to break free from what others consider to be the weakness of the leaf (which is actually there greatest strength)
the greatest extreme of this is killing his family and by doing thisitachi is able to prove that he can break away from his humanity and become a tool, the way of the shinobi.
i feel that he failed in that attempt and feels remorseful, and therefore wants sasuke to kill him for his sins

That's a decent enough theory for how Itachi could be a bad guy, although I think the good guy covering up theory makes more sense. Good job for thinking it out though.

meroko01
Sat, 06-19-2004, 04:09 PM
His unique reasoning would be that maybe the parents or entire family could have been planning an evil trap for the kids or to destroy Konoha village.

err i dont think the old lady (their aunt) and her husband are the types to plot an evil trap to destroy konoha .. yet itachi killed them both .. so it makes no sense .. to me at least ^^

Sharingan83
Sat, 06-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by: _naruto_X
your "friend" is a liar and a thief.

itachi almost killed sasuke and you call that protecting?
and what coincedence?

I found it to be a coincidence becuase there's a problem within the household of the Uchiha's, so it seemed suspicious that their father was involved in the past right?

kaigan
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:03 PM
yea, i don't think your friend's reason is correct.

XwingRob
Mon, 06-21-2004, 12:59 AM

if he told sasuke about the real murderer chances would have been that sasuke would try to kill him and therefore risk his own life, it seems like itachi really loves his brother fomr the latest chapter so he said he killed the clan to protect sasuke if sasuke would try to kill itachi itachi wouldnt kill him just escape or knock him out. is there any other reason to show sasuke how they uchihas died with the mangekyou? why torture his brother who he love for no reason? also the reason why he killed his clan is very stupid, i did it to test my own strength then why not go up against the strongest of jounins or maybe even the hokage, there are pleanty of alternatives other than killing your own family. he doesnt seem like a cold blooded murderer either, he could have killed several ppl already for example kakashi and kurenai but let them live, why?

Wow, Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya. I like your theory. Heh.
/

Mut
Mon, 06-21-2004, 01:48 AM

here you go, asshole. it's from another topic i posted in. i think it answers some of your questions and it gives some counter arguments.

i don't understand people who think itachi isn't a bad guy.

this is why i think itachi is a bad guy.

he's a psycho. he can be be all loving and friendly (like how he is shown in ch 220), but inside, he's really a crazy maniac capable of killing everyone. so going back to the uchiha massacre. that night he does kill everyone using them as his measuring stick (who cares if we didn't see him do the actual killing, what's to say that he didn't do it?). sasuke runs his prissy ass home and finds everything desecrated and cries. blah blah itachi let's him live because he knows that only an uchiha can beat him so he wants sasuke to become stronger and fight him later for another measure of his strength. that's why he only killed the uchihas.

BUT, then people could say "well, why doesn't he fight people like sannins or other kages if he really wanted to test his strength?"

answer: i dunno. maybe itachi can't get over the fact that only uchihas are capable of killing him that's why he doesn't bother with others. my theory isn't sound or anything but it's the most logical to me. i'll be waiting for someone to call me dense or something because i'm not thinking more deeply into the situation like most of you have.

-------
i don't think this theory (which i think is the most common) is even remotely possible cuz it's absolutely illogical.

someone else killed the uchiha clan (probably orochimaru because he wants the sharingan) so itachi decided to take the blame. this makes sure that sasuke doesn't go for the real killer and get killed. sasuke ends up persuing itachi (the accused killer) and doesn't bump into the real killer and in the end itachi let's him know of everything.

this theory is just plain dumb. if orochimaru wanted to take any of the uchiha's i'm almost 100% positive that he could have. i am sure that orochimaru could've kicked everyone's ass 5-6 years ago and i doubt that itachi would've been able to stop him then. and IF orochimaru did do it, why didn't he just go after itachi or sasuke then? was itachi that much stronger than orochimaru? why i guess itach is either considerably stronger than orochimaru or orochimaru is just weak as hell (which he is not so i guess it's the first one). also, wouldn't it be a lot easier and safer for itachi to just tell sasuke that someone else was the real killer and they should get stronger together to go beat the real killer?

if there are more theories which you guys think is more logical than what i wrote, let me know.

and as for itachi not killing the people he's faced so far. he can't kill any of those people. this isn't FMA. anyone that has been introduced and given a name cannot be killed in this story. him killing any of the jounins he fought is just stupid.

ok to answer it more thoroughly:

if he told sasuke about the real murderer chances would have been that sasuke would try to kill him and therefore risk his own life, it seems like itachi really loves his brother fomr the latest chapter so he said he killed the clan to protect sasuke if sasuke would try to kill itachi itachi wouldnt kill him just escape or knock him out.
what...?

is there any other reason to show sasuke how they uchihas died with the mangekyou? why torture his brother who he love for no reason?
uhhh... the reason to show that is because itachi is a psycho. and he tortured his bro and didn't kill him... i answered this already in that post i quoted.

also the reason why he killed his clan is very stupid, i did it to test my own strength then why not go up against the strongest of jounins or maybe even the hokage, there are pleanty of alternatives other than killing your own family. he doesnt seem like a cold blooded murderer either, he could have killed several ppl already for example kakashi and kurenai but let them live, why?
i answered this already in that post i quoted.

no.

Assertn
Mon, 06-21-2004, 02:38 AM
ive mentioned this before, but using mangekyou sharingan to reveal parts of the story instead of seeing it directly could be used to cover up a greater truth.....but more than likely its just a more dramatic way that fits nicer into the flashbacks. It's simply cooler to see the reinactment the way itachi shows it, and it would be boring and redundant to show the event happening both in realtime AND from mangekyou.

RasenDori
Mon, 06-21-2004, 07:03 AM
i feel that there is one main hole in the itachi is a good guy theory: he wants sasuke to hate him, he left him alive to be the avenger of the clan
if you want someone to become stronger for revenge you dont make them hate you... all of there anger goes the wrong direction and you will NEVER gain that former relationship again
if itachi just tells sasuke someday "oh yeah...it wasnt me ... it was some other guy"
do you think that sasuke will just say "oh...i had it wrong this whole time. lets go kill him together nii-san...right after you give me a hug"
then everything that built up sasukes character since chapter 4 has been a complete waste of time
if itachi was a good guy why would he make sasuke lead such a dangerous life?
im an older brother myself and i cant imagine putting my sibling through that much hell...itachi cares very little about his brother now and only wants sasuke to kill him

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Itachi want's to keep Sauske alive, and if he told him that someone else killed the clan, then Sasuke would probably go after that man and end up getting killed (not before begging for his misreable life, of course...), so by telling Sasuke that he killed the clan, Itachi makes sure that Sasuke will do his best to live ('survive in the most pathetic way, cling to life and strive to kill me') and if he finds out that Sasuke still isn't strong enough, he'll tell him to keep trying and avoids killing him...

maybe Itachi want's to be Sasuke's meassuring stick himself (that sound really bad...), so that once Sasuke is able to kill him, Itachi will tell Sasuke the truth becuase he'll know that Sasuke will be able to take revenge against the true killer...

PSJ
Mon, 06-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by: RasenDori
i feel that there is one main hole in the itachi is a good guy theory: he wants sasuke to hate him, he left him alive to be the avenger of the clan
if you want someone to become stronger for revenge you dont make them hate you... all of there anger goes the wrong direction and you will NEVER gain that former relationship again
if itachi just tells sasuke someday "oh yeah...it wasnt me ... it was some other guy"
do you think that sasuke will just say "oh...i had it wrong this whole time. lets go kill him together nii-san...right after you give me a hug"
then everything that built up sasukes character since chapter 4 has been a complete waste of time
if itachi was a good guy why would he make sasuke lead such a dangerous life?
im an older brother myself and i cant imagine putting my sibling through that much hell...itachi cares very little about his brother now and only wants sasuke to kill him

so lets say if orochimaru killed the uchihas you would tell your brother, that a really strong and evil ninja killed his whole family so he would go after him instead? by telling sasuke that you did it yoo can ensure that he only focuses on you and therefore doesnt face any strong ruthless enemies. and you obviously wont kill him since you love him.

i am also a older brother and if i had to choose between these to i would choose to make myself the target.

XwingRob
Mon, 06-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Agreed.

Mut
Mon, 06-21-2004, 07:51 PM
so lets say if orochimaru killed the uchihas you would tell your brother, that a really strong and evil ninja killed his whole family so he would go after him instead? by telling sasuke that you did it yoo can ensure that he only focuses on you and therefore doesnt face any strong ruthless enemies. and you obviously wont kill him since you love him.

i am also a older brother and if i had to choose between these to i would choose to make myself the target.

well, that can't be cuz itachi already knows that sasuke has a cure seal which means he probably knows that sasuke has already ran into orochimaru. i'm sure itachi knows about orochimaru since they were once in an organization together and are both from konoha. i guess itachi's plan pretty much failed miserably.

Moriarte
Mon, 06-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Hrm, Itachi may feel that hating the elder brother would cause a greater drive for revenge than simply some stranger killing his family. And, if Sasuke can kill Itachi...he can kill Orochimaru.

HRm...maybe Itachi is a mole inside the Akatsuki(sp?) and used the death of the Uchiha clan as a way to get "in"...and that um...the Uchiha's were in league with...!!! Nah, i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

Itachi's plan may very well have back-fired indeed. It will be interesting if A) This is true and B) How Itachi will deal with it.

RasenDori
Mon, 06-21-2004, 09:55 PM
regardless of if itachi is a good guy or not sasuke would will still hate him...it is because of that reason that i cant buy itachi being a good guy... it be a waste of sasukes character

Assertn
Tue, 06-22-2004, 12:24 AM

except in the real world all you'd be doing would make your brother live completely in solitude and hate and distrust everyone.....as opposed to being honest and at least being there for him.

PSJ
Tue, 06-22-2004, 06:40 AM
i wasnt bringing this into the real world, i tried to bring us in there... of course it wouldnt work in the real world. but that isnt very diffrent fomr what happened to sasuke, its better than death right?

jing
Tue, 06-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Goddam, its theory and speculations people, don't immediately bash it up if you don't have a better ones.

ohpeekaboo
Tue, 06-22-2004, 01:29 PM
i think, as goes for many powerful villians,

itachi is neither good nor bad by the common standards, but justified by his own twisted inner ones. that's why his actions don't necessarily have to flow together because his own value system is very different from the rest of the naruto universes'..

i think a lot of questions will be put to rest when more information is revealed concerning the mission that itachi's father mentioned..

because it sure didn't seem kosher by leaf standards the way they were talking about it.....

PSJ
Tue, 06-22-2004, 05:02 PM
hmm yea we cant say much about itachi yet all we have seen is what sasuke remembers.

jing
Tue, 06-22-2004, 05:50 PM
OH I know.
Itachi has split personality. His insane side kill the whole family.

PSJ
Wed, 06-23-2004, 07:09 AM
lol that would be kind of cool to have a character thats both good and evil. i dont think that has ever been done before....

Assertn
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:45 PM
it has on batman i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

PSJ
Wed, 06-23-2004, 01:52 PM
lol ok cool gotta watch some batman then i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Thu, 06-24-2004, 02:04 AM
i know ive seen characters that were good and bad on a split personality level before, but the one from batman that came to mine in particular was more of a passive henchman/crazy villian boss kinda combo

in the animated series there's an english butler lookin guy who just stands around and carries/obeys a gangster-looking puppet who barks orders and tends to be rather aggressive. The english guy's second personality is played through the puppet (ventriliquist style), and so both himself and the other members of their group treat it as an actual person. Its weird, yet interesting.

But yeah, it would be cool to have a ninja like that...although i would imagine it turning into more of a Dr Jekyl/Mr Hide situation

Mut
Thu, 06-24-2004, 04:50 AM
i think itachi was just bad from the beginning. he acted like he cared and all and i'm sure he did at some times, but i bet the evil was growing gradually within him.

PSJ
Thu, 06-24-2004, 08:54 AM
hmm yea but a dr. jekyl/mr. hyde ninja would be cool to. sort of a weak and pathetic ninja and when he turns he becomes a powerful ruthless man. that would be a great villain.