PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is naruto always saying?

Foomanchew24
Wed, 06-16-2004, 11:47 PM
Naruto is always saying something that sounds like the professional ice skater chick oksana bioul. Not sure how to spell it exactly but sounds like "bi-yu'll" if u have watched the anime enough i think u know what i am taling about its at the end of alot of sentences he says. I was wondering if anyone knew what the heck he was saying as i have only heard it said in one other anime and i have watched several. Was wondering if it was some catch frase or something kind like the terminator sayin I'll be back. Just watch any episode of naruto and it seems he uses the the words i am talking about. there is another word that he says before it but cant make it out, dont remember. Anyway does anyone have any thoughts?

Himura_san
Wed, 06-16-2004, 11:49 PM
This question has been asked many times.
He says whatda dilly yo, but with a japanese accent at fast speed it's not easy to hear.

frexeze
Wed, 06-16-2004, 11:56 PM
i think it's probably just some way of emphasizing something he just said.. a suffix type of thing maybe

Mongoose
Thu, 06-17-2004, 12:12 AM
The answer to this question is explained here: Paradise in Winter, March 7 (http://www.winter-paradise.com/index.php?m=20040307), along with a lot of other characters' speech patterns. Fascinating stuff. Also March 9 (http://www.winter-paradise.com/index.php?m=20040309) for Jiraiya's suffix.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 06-17-2004, 12:18 AM
wow. thanks mongoose, great link that helps clear up alot. i had only heard it said in one other anime so i was wondering why naruto said it so much, and this explains it all.

Mongoose
Thu, 06-17-2004, 12:20 AM
That's a great Naruto site in general. She has a cultural-type log for every new ep and a lot of the manga, too.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Is she bakasan by any chance? cuz I remember going to the bakasan site and being redirected to her site.

Suzu
Thu, 06-17-2004, 03:33 AM
I'm just a new japanese student but i believe the direct translation is "I say~" and it is usually used by someone who wants to be heard and (hint, hint) acknowledged. So naruto is so used to not being acknowledged that he uses it all the time.

For instance:

Shutup!!
(person keeps talking)
I said shutup/shutup, say (the last option being more equivalent but sounding more Shakespearean)

dragon
Thu, 06-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
Naruto is always saying something that sounds like the professional ice skater chick oksana bioul. Not sure how to spell it exactly but sounds like "bi-yu'll" if u have watched the anime enough i think u know what i am taling about its at the end of alot of sentences he says. I was wondering if anyone knew what the heck he was saying as i have only heard it said in one other anime and i have watched several. Was wondering if it was some catch frase or something kind like the terminator sayin I'll be back. Just watch any episode of naruto and it seems he uses the the words i am talking about. there is another word that he says before it but cant make it out, dont remember. Anyway does anyone have any thoughts?

do u mean the phrase he says after every sentence...i think it was "tib-by-yo"

[Edit] didnt see the link

Thu, 06-17-2004, 08:10 AM
makes sense for a romantisized language like jap

good webpage that person has

Zabuza No Jutsu
Thu, 06-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Indeed, the word is Dattebayo!

Naruto's kiddy-like way of ending a sentence. I asked this question a couple of months ago, was very pleased to find responses! I noticed tht he occasionally shortens is to "tebayo"

Stoopider
Thu, 06-17-2004, 01:39 PM
YesJan.. Cool websiteJan. NowJan, I feel like talkingjan like thisjan.

Heheh. SOunds strange for english Datebayo.

BTW, Paradise Winter is pretty.

dragon
Thu, 06-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by: Zabuza No Jutsu
Indeed, the word is Dattebayo!

Naruto's kiddy-like way of ending a sentence. I asked this question a couple of months ago, was very pleased to find responses! I noticed tht he occasionally shortens is to "tebayo"

well he doesnt shortn it i hear the "datte" part in every eps

PSJ
Thu, 06-17-2004, 05:47 PM
just for those who dont want to go to the site he says datte bayo.

jing
Thu, 06-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Bakasan is a dude im pretty sure.

ZakuHan
Thu, 06-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Bakasan is a guy, he was always talking about his girlfriend on his old site i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Then again, could be a girl anyway..

I've heard Datte Bayo just means "I said" or somethin like that. It's kinda like how Kenshin always said "That it is" and the like.

That "Jan" speech pattern is from Kankuro isn't it?

Stoopider
Fri, 06-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Everything explained in the websitejan.

Eurasian
Sat, 06-19-2004, 03:33 AM
i never knew all those different forms of talking. that is so cool. i learn so much from that website, it's quite shocking

Everon
Sun, 06-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Isn't it amazing how frivilous the japanese language can be? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Jking of course, I think its pretty cool how there are styles of speech which certain people talk in. For example, GamaBunta talks like a yakuza. I would never had known that if it weren't for Paradise in Winter.

kaigan
Tue, 06-22-2004, 02:50 AM
HOLY SHIT!!!!

My question has finally been answered. I always want ot know why the hell naruto always ends his sentence with the sound. Now i know. The light has shine.