PDA

View Full Version : Sealing

ZakuHan
Tue, 06-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Someone said in the Youma topic to make a seperate thread for discussion on sealing so here it is i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I'm kind of interested myself.

As was mentioned I think the talent for using seals (not the hand seal types most jutsus use, but actual seals) is rare among shinobi and that Orochimaru is probably the best so-far-introduced character that can use it.

It's probably very difficult because I assume it takes a lot of ability in concentrating / maintaining certain amount of chakra in certain points, and placing them correctly on the intended target. So in otherwords a lot of training and discipline would be needed to be any good at it all, as well as Chakra stamina and control. Kakashi and Jiraiya both knew ways to counter two of Orochimaru's seals (Kakashi sealing the cursed seal on Sasuke, and Jiraiya negating the one he put on Naruto), but I'd guess they can't do much more than that compared to Orochimaru himself.

Mut
Tue, 06-15-2004, 07:51 PM
and the question is...?

ZakuHan
Tue, 06-15-2004, 07:56 PM
You read the thread, you should know. Someone mentioned extracting Kyuubi from the seal on Naruto which started a few comments on how difficult sealing is and what can/can't be done..

jing
Tue, 06-15-2004, 08:24 PM
I don't think its difficult. But I think every seal has some sort of formula that the seal caster needs to know.

wirm
Tue, 06-15-2004, 08:47 PM
I get the impression that Jiraiya was better than Orochimaru at sealing.

He commented that Oro's seal over Naruto's belly button was rough. I don't think he would have said that if his style was even weaker. Plus, he didn't hesitate long at all to seal away Itachi's black flame, so I guess he really knows what he's doing.

As for Kakashi, we know that he learned it after Oro, so he can't be too great with it either.

Still, I gotta say that the 4th was probably the best with his special technique.

Board of Command
Tue, 06-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan
You read the thread, you should know. Someone mentioned extracting Kyuubi from the seal on Naruto which started a few comments on how difficult sealing is and what can/can't be done..
That would be me. I don't think sealing is extremely difficult. It's just that not a lot of ninjas bother to learn sealing jutsus because they're not really related to offense or defense. They're more like tools that can occasionally help a ninja.

Shadow-wolf
Tue, 06-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by: wirm
I get the impression that Jiraiya was better than Orochimaru at sealing.

He commented that Oro's seal over Naruto's belly button was rough. I don't think he would have said that if his style was even weaker. Plus, he didn't hesitate long at all to seal away Itachi's black flame, so I guess he really knows what he's doing.

As for Kakashi, we know that he learned it after Oro, so he can't be too great with it either.

Still, I gotta say that the 4th was probably the best with his special technique.

I agree with wirm. I think Jiraiya nad the 4th were better at seals than Oro, perhaps the 3rd as well.

Mut
Tue, 06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by: ZakuHan

you didn't ask a question in your main post. and in your topic description you asked something but you answered it yourself.

anyway, kakashi is very good at seals, it says so.

tensai
Wed, 06-16-2004, 03:45 AM
well, jiraiya taught the fourth, then the fourth taught kakashi so maybe he is good at seals
but when kakashi went to seal the cursed seal on sasuke,
oro commented that even kakashi had now learned how to use seals, so maybe it is difficult to learn sealing techniques but that may depend on the type of seal used
it seems that some seals need hand seals with the aid of writing

Kale Ironfist
Wed, 06-16-2004, 04:14 AM
the writing makes it permanent (imo)