PDA

View Full Version : Windows Explorer Crashes during anime

fir0z
Tue, 06-15-2004, 06:37 AM
hi, sorry if the answer is posted, i DID try to find it before posting, sorry if i missed it. lately when i started watching new downloads, mostly of naruto, full metal alchemist, stand alone complex, and a few others, it was a codec problem, which i managed to figure out and fix, but NOW it wont even let me open the file.

episodes 33 and 34 of full metal alchemist wont even open, it says windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close, and then it closes the windows that are open. same thing happens for stand alone complex episode 9 and some others that dont come to mind right now

has this happend to any of you? i've formatted my computer many times before, and would hate to again...am saving that for a last resort.

if you know what's up, i'd greatly appreciate your help. also, this only happens with anime files

currently on my computer:
media player 9
quicktime
no codecs (after i uninstalled them all the files started playing again when i was having the codec problem, but i reinstalled them to see if it would fix the windows explorer crashing problem, but to no avail)
not sure what else i would need to list to help you guys help me ^¿^

thanks in advancei/expressions/musicnote.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Locke
Tue, 06-15-2004, 06:50 AM
Get this, if you play it in Videolan I bet that it would probably fix this little problem

Videolan - http://www.videolan.net/vlc/

fir0z
Tue, 06-15-2004, 07:28 PM
thanks for the quick reply! the problem is less severe now, i downloaded videoland and installed it etc...and played the file, the good news is that the file now plays, but i only get sound now. no video...now i sound like all the other posts, bur perhaps you could help me work through this new problem, i worked the video options best i could without screwing things up, but to no avail. eagerly waiting a response since ghost in the shell 9 is out lol. thanks again in advance!!!!

and berserk and donnie darko are awesome, i own both, still a little behind in the berserk manga though, since the dvd's stop at volume 13 or something...anyway.....