PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen X TV series?

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 05:32 PM
just wondering if anyone else has seen it.. currently I'm up to ep 7 and so far I hate the damn main character. Hes the most assiest anime character ever. I know the quiet ones that don't care for their friends but will like them later blah blah blah (ex: Sasuke) is coo but this guy is a *****. Although many anime characters tend to have this sort of attitude (Sesshoumaru in Inuyasha for another example), they are actually coo while doing it but Kamui, I can't bring myself to like this silent type dude. Every other character I like except the main character.

Locke
Sun, 06-13-2004, 05:41 PM
It's a great series, they also have a movie if the series is too long and boring for you (i've seen both, some people though have lesser attention spans).

I myself hate all the quiet ones. But I also hate the absurdly lound obnoxious ones too. Infact... there's not many I like. Guts from berserk is pretty great though. Spike from cowboy bebop... the tall guy from gantz... and rafiki from the lion king. heheh

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Guts was badass

::EDIT:: never finished berserk, need the last ep (26)

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 06-13-2004, 06:58 PM
X TV is my favourite anime series I've seen so far...some people might consider this a spoiler so...

***SPOILER***

Kamui becomes much more likeable as the series progresses

***END SPOILER***

I've seen the movie but that was a long time ago...but the movie didn't make any sense at all to me at the time but the series is pretty straightforward considering it has time to tell the story properly...

I liked Kamui after a while see my "spoiler" (not a particularly big spoiler but I don't want to take chances) if you want to know why, characters I really hate are really arrogant, stupid and obnoxious ie Isamu Dyson or whatever his name is in Macross Plus...there isn't a single point in that whole OVA where I don't want to disembowell him with a pair of rusty scissors then stab him in the face! :\ i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Locke
Sun, 06-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by: DraGunZer0
Guts was badass

::EDIT:: never finished berserk, need the last ep (26)

sadly it does end at 25, so you've seen it all.

the manga takes the story further though, you should read it. It's for sale at your local something store (dark horse are releasing it), or at The Hawks (http://www.the-hawks.org) website.

Munsu
Sun, 06-13-2004, 08:38 PM
I havent watched it yet but i have all the episodes....

I watched Tokyo Babylon which comes before the series and movie

Swallow Your Soul
Sun, 06-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah I want the manga too, I'm gonna check out Tokyo Babylon soon as well...

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 10:33 PM
So berserk stopped at 25 eh.. thats crap... oh well time to continue watching X

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:38 AM
What's the serie about ?

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:41 AM
7 dragons of heaven and 7 dragons of earth (all people with special powers) fight to either destroy earth, or save it. One guy is the key to either destroying/saving earth because he is the most powerful i guess (also they refered to him as the key many times.) Although I'm not to far along, its ok.. kinda slow moving but ok. I like the characters.. except the main character (like i stated above).

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:43 AM
Ok, seems like a serie i would enjoy watching. Gonna download and see if it does. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:47 AM
I got it off Box Torrents, the whole series and OVA is there (also, watching the first ep i thought that this was going to be a yaoi anime... but hopefully I'm wrong... although it is done by clamp so i expect it to be made for girls... but hey it had to do with dragons, i couldnt resist..)

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:48 AM
Boxtorrents.com is down atm so I'll look at it later then.

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 06-14-2004, 09:47 AM
I got it off Box Torrents, the whole series and OVA is there (also, watching the first ep i thought that this was going to be a yaoi anime... but hopefully I'm wrong... although it is done by clamp so i expect it to be made for girls... but hey it had to do with dragons, i couldnt resist..)

It is bishounen style (but like you said, thats because its from clamp) but don't worry it isn't yaoi.

Is the OVA the same thing as the 'Episode 0' that I downloaded? (I didn't get it off boxtorrents, I got a load of shitty ogm files off suprnova that were a bitch to put onto DVD).

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 11:29 AM
No clue, I havent gotten the OVA's yet cuz Box is down =/

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:16 PM
the OVA (named 'omen') is sort of a preview to the series, just that it has lots of spoliers and makes no sense unless you've watched the anime already...
it's better to start with episode 1, and only after the 24th episode, watch the OVA.. which will now be completly useless, as you've already seen everything...

after watching the anime, you can watch the movie, just to see how much it sucks, and to laugh on the dog part ("oh my god! you can see my dog! i'll kill you!)

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 01:20 PM
So the movie is a really really chopped up version of the anime eh...

Swallow Your Soul
Mon, 06-14-2004, 07:08 PM
The movie was made before the series (I think it was anyway), but because there was such a huge story to be told it couldn't really be told properly in a movie so in the end it was just confusing. Fans of the manga generally seem to agree that the film was a huge disappointment but the series was much better.

Yeah the OVA does sound like the video file I watched labelled as 'Episode 00'. I had totally forgotten all the spoilers straight away because it was so confusing, but it did give me the warning to make sure to memorise which character is which (there are like 10 characters who look extremely similar, the preview thing kinda gave me the chance to work out some subtle differences i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif).

I've just borrowed the movie though so I'm gonna see it again...the only thing I really remember from the movie was a certain very cool death (which didn't happen in the series) so it'll be like watching a whole new film...

EDIT - Oh btw just in case anyone didn't know boxtorrents is back up.

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Just finished the series.. so many heart breaking deaths... I'm having trouble deciding whether or not this is an anime I should keep or delete..

::Edit:: Also for those that have watched the series already, does anyone know that neat kinda warlike battle theme that plays in every ep? I think that theme is so badass (especially the sad piano version)

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 06-15-2004, 10:09 PM
guhh hated this anime, it was alright but it just was starting to get anoying so never bothered to finish watching it, and the movie it was alright, no wait no it wasnt it was just wierd

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Just finished the series.. so many heart breaking deaths... I'm having trouble deciding whether or not this is an anime I should keep or delete..

::Edit:: Also for those that have watched the series already, does anyone know that neat kinda warlike battle theme that plays in every ep? I think that theme is so badass (especially the sad piano version)

Keep it and force your mates to watch it! Thats what I've done i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I'm pretty sure the theme you mean is called Sadame...it is usually played over the big epic bits and big emotion points etc...you can find it pretty easily on stuff like eDonkey etc, and yeah it is a really amazing theme...I'm told the movie soundtrack is really good as well but I haven't been able to watch that yet due to illness...

I'm still looking for the OST to the series.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 06-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Oops, sorry, double post i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Anyway heres the link to all the X OSTs (TV OSTs 1 and 2, Movie OST and character image galleries) at BoxTorrents...

http://www.boxtorrents.com/Details/10714/

DraGunZer0
Wed, 06-16-2004, 03:21 PM
thanx a lot. now i can get that enat theme ^_^

Wed, 02-01-2006, 06:16 PM
just finished watching the series...

it started out as the type of story i really enjoy (sorta like flame of recca, yuuyuu, saint seiya) like everyone lining up and fighting... lol

and then it ticked me off that the fighting didn't really start till ep. 15

and i'm a little confused by the ending... so kamui dies, sets a barrier, and what is with fuma with the happy expression towards the end? I thought Subaru died and yet he doesn't... kasunagi wakes up and fuck! Bring back Sorata at least god dammit! Anyways, it was really good nevertheless

Munsu
Wed, 02-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I've only seen Tokyo Babylon from this series...

I'm still waiting for anime-legion to fucking finish up the series so I can watch it...

Darknodin
Wed, 02-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I liked Kamui until he became a dragon of heaven, at that point he became weak!

masamuneehs
Wed, 02-01-2006, 07:17 PM
this series is not one of my favorites. it was one of the earliest animes I watched and to this day I think it was subpar. Some of the plot dragged on and on, other things were done so quickly (and I felt like alot of the other characters weren't developed enough, not enough time spent on backstory). The action was also pretty lame, though well animated at times. The implied homosexuality wasn't even done well...

I would not recommend this series to anyone unless you have some passion for implied/hinted yaoi and bishounens. Even then, you might have a hard time stomaching this one. Had alot of potential, failed on most of it...

AtHRunOwNZaLL
Sun, 02-05-2006, 04:07 AM
just started watching this, on episode 6 and it's pretty good so far, i don't really see any hints of yaoi so i don't know what you guys are talking about, i'm hoping to finish this series before wednesday

o and kamui with shinn asuka's voice actor(suzukmura kenichi) owns