PDA

View Full Version : bit torrent

jamoogabooga
Sun, 06-13-2004, 10:15 AM
hi, does anybody know what is the most-used bit torrent client?....i use the experimental version, and i tried downloading this anime file called boys be and it said i had an old client and that i sh0ould upgrade it...what is a better client and a popular one?...thx

NM
Sun, 06-13-2004, 01:25 PM
I believe the most used clients is the Shadowz version and the Azereus version.

jamoogabooga
Mon, 06-14-2004, 10:16 AM
wus the difference between the two and where do u get them?

also, i use the experimental client right now, but wut is better the experimental or the shadowz version or the azureus version?........cause i heard about a couple of internet probs with azeurus.....

NM
Mon, 06-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Im not sure where you can get Azereus but you can get the shadowz (aka BitTornado) from here: BitTornado (Shadowz) (http://www.bt.degreez.net)

The Shadowz client allows you to control how many people can upload from you. The Azereus client is good for batches and multiple downloads. For example, say you have 26 episodes in a batch and you only want 5. Azereus enables you off the other 21 and you can download the 5 you want. I personally never used Azeureus but you can try it. I stick with the Shadowz version because I havent had any problems from it.

Goingin
Tue, 06-15-2004, 02:12 AM
I use Azureus and i love it!
Theyre updating the program almost every day i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

But what problems should there be with azureus?
Didn't have any probs here, but if ur getting slow speeds with it, try redirecting port 6881 - 6889 (in ur router) to the pc where u installed it.
That should fix it

complich8
Tue, 06-15-2004, 07:36 PM
if I remember correctly, azureus is a bottom-up reimplementation in java, with a bunch of new features (like torrent queueing and global rate capping). TheShad0w's client is a set of tweaks and modifications to the original python/wxPython code that bittorrent came from, and I believe a lot (but not all) of his changes have either been reimplemented in azureus as well and have been merged back into the main codebase for vanilla bittorrent.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages depending how you use them and what you expect from them. Both are worth a try at least.

jamoogabooga
Sat, 06-19-2004, 11:05 AM
should i download the experimental version of shadowz or the stable version?