PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Scroll - TV series

highbass
Sun, 06-13-2004, 01:22 AM
i remmber about a year or 2 ago.. that nija scorll tv series were coming out and they were pretty good.. i stopped at episode 8 though.. cause i believe they were still being launched.. anyhow i cant find anything about them anymore on the net.. anyone knwo waht happened to em? are they still being aired?...if yes then where can i get the fansubs?..

it was an awesome series till the point i watched it...

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-13-2004, 01:50 AM
I think that they were licenesed and all work on them ceased...
however, if my memory is correct, then you should find an OGM dvdrip version of it in www.anime-xtreme.com , or something like that...

Atheist
Sun, 06-13-2004, 07:49 AM
still got all episodes on my pc it's pretty cool but not the best serie i've seen plus it's way too short i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

highbass
Sun, 06-13-2004, 02:33 PM
anime-xtreme only has up to episode 8.. i believe there is more ive seen on kazaa long time ago up 12 episodes.. (now i cant find em on kazaa)...

atheist how many episodes does the series have in total?

Munsu
Sun, 06-13-2004, 02:46 PM
13 episodes if not mistaken or maybe 12... i'm just waiting for animeskyscrapers versions... maybe it has to do something with dvds that's why there arent past 8, but i dont know really

highbass
Sun, 06-13-2004, 02:49 PM
ah ok... btw what is Ninja Resurrection .. i heard it was a sequel to ninja scroll.. i tried to find the bittorents but couldnt locate it anywhere.

Munsu
Sun, 06-13-2004, 02:55 PM
it's not really a sequel, but it does have the same main character... animeskysraper i think did them, not sure though, browse some fservers in #animeskyscraper irc.rizon.net

word out is that it really sucked, i havent seen it though...

In 2005 there should be a Ninja Scrolls 2, hopefully a real sequel

Atheist
Sun, 06-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
it's not really a sequel, but it does have the same main character... animeskysraper i think did them, not sure though, browse some fservers in #animeskyscraper irc.rizon.net

word out is that it really sucked, i havent seen it though...

In 2005 there should be a Ninja Scrolls 2, hopefully a real sequel

oeh... that's sounds very nice !

isso
Thu, 09-08-2005, 04:41 PM
the series of 13 episodes was good, it's more mature than the other animes you see in some way.. and the charachters aren't brats like in my favorite series Gundam seed / GS Destiny..

But i liked it and jubie.. he's to cool, and lazy.. lol..

I recommend it to those who haven't seen it!

dark maginn
Thu, 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
ya i like the series ninja scroll not the best but its good

m7b
Thu, 09-08-2005, 10:07 PM
here u can find fansub group to ninja scroll http://anidb.info/perl-bin/ani...show=anime&aid=681 (http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=681)

Rhanfahl
Thu, 09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Acutally I thought Ninja Resurrection was supposed to follow a fictional story about Yagyu Jubei who is a real life person. He's the third successor to the Edo Yagyu Shinkage Ryu which I study.

However Ninja Scroll is a totally fictional character named Kibagame Jubei Who is supposedly a rounin who also has an insanely asskicking kenjutsu....which I can't remember the name of...

My only question is "why are the Nihons so into all these Yagyu Jubei fiction stories" The Yagyu were sword instructors for the Tokugawa Shogunate Elite Guard and Jubei didn't particularly like the Shogun. End of story. He wasn't a ninja or any of that shit. Well at least not likely seeing as his family had no shinobi background. Acutally they trained the samurai that probably fought against the Iga.

P.S. The Ninja Scroll movie was great (one of my all time favorites), but both the series and Ninja Resurrection sucked ass....Fucking Genma killing Kagero...that still pisses me off.

Terracosmo
Fri, 09-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Ninja Scroll TV sucked so badly... but the movie was awesome beyond words, one of the first anime movies I saw.

isso
Fri, 09-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Everyone have their one taste of what the like.. I did like the movie and the tv series! =)

It was actually almost the first thingy I saw that was anime.. Not telling any of my friends that i watched it, still today, no one (almost) knows that i like anime...

It wouldn't be good for my status...

LOL the truth..

Rhanfahl
Fri, 09-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
Ninja Scroll TV sucked so badly... but the movie was awesome beyond words, one of the first anime movies I saw.

Yet another reason I like you...you just have good taste.

UberSuperHACKER
Fri, 09-16-2005, 01:07 AM
yeah I have to agree movie was good the tv series was rather poor.. the story line was bad... and it was based on the idea that The main character could cut people in half with his sword... it was basically like they took the ONE scene from the ninja scrool movie where he sliced the rock guy in half and made that the tv show......