PDA

View Full Version : Samurai 7

Pages : [1] 2

Munsu
Sat, 06-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Well Samurai 7 aired today... anyone seen any raws around that might tell us how does it look?

Also I think I heard that they might have aired two episodes today... any truth to that?

here's the site for Samurai 7 in case you are wandering what it is:

http://www.samurai-7.com/index.html

please post any info you have on this series

kilzo
Sat, 06-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, this looks pretty cool, anyone know if any fansubs are taking up the challenge of this one?

DraGunZer0
Sat, 06-12-2004, 03:37 PM
gotta love samurai stuff, at first i thought u were talking about 7 Samurai (the ps2 game coming out soon, or is it already out..)

ExTREm-San
Sat, 06-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Does anyone know a gruop who will sub this serie ?

R_one324
Sat, 06-12-2004, 03:48 PM
yeah anime-xtreme.com are gonna sub it .dont know when though

ExTREm-San
Sat, 06-12-2004, 04:15 PM
R_one324: I got there Hellsing release but that was a dvdrip release. Arethey only doing dvdrips or tvrips to ?

Aeon
Sat, 06-12-2004, 04:21 PM
I remember in the general forum a new group wanted to do it with Aone, dunno if Aone said yea to it or not.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-12-2004, 04:23 PM
as far as i know, Anime-Xtreme only do DVD rips, but since this anime was licensed long ago (i've read that in some thread that Itachi_ made here few months ago), perhaps they're just declaring that now, and are waiting for the DVD to come out..

anyway, as usual, i'll let it run for a month or so, and once 4 eps are out, i'll get them and burn them... the only way for a space limited person like myself to live...

Atheist
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Looks pretty cool can't wait to see it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Koyuki
Sat, 06-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Damn ADV, now i can't get raw from anime.mirc.x. Is there some god irc channel for raws?
AX does tvrips to.

Munsu
Sat, 06-12-2004, 06:34 PM
#wegetraws in rizon

#l33t-raws in animepad

Koyuki
Sun, 06-13-2004, 03:05 AM
Thanks Budweineken

Here's the promo from Keep & ANBU.

Promo (http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/%5BAKeep___ANBU%5D_Samurai_7_-_Promotion_%5B51B9039F%5D.avi.torrent)

Munsu
Sun, 06-13-2004, 03:42 AM
Downloading now!

It's cool that it is a joint project... this usually means better quality and faster releases so it's good

ExTREm-San
Sun, 06-13-2004, 06:05 AM
www.samurai-seven.com for a http download. I'm a bit dissapointed about this. Why the hell would they use "robots" in a samurai serie ? :@

mugen123
Sun, 06-13-2004, 09:40 AM
the sieries samurai 7 is based on a 1960s movie masterpiece called the 7 samurai and in the show there are seven samurai that decide to protect a villiage from bandits but one of the samurai is actually a villiger just protending to be samurai. in the sieries that character is the self proclamed robot "kikuchiyo".
so there is the answer as best as I can give read that in a magazine

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 09:53 AM
ExTREm-San if you watched the promo they state that the series takes place in the enar future (not the past, so obviously its another anime robot theme). And I'm still wondering if this anime will be like the game 7 Samurai... haven't played the game yet either... maybe I should rent it to see if its the same when the anime gets subbed

Elfo
Sun, 06-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Damn ADV... now it'll be very difficult to know when a version subbed of any anime will be released...
I was waiting for seven samurai for a long time... I think this show gonna be amazing

itachi_
Sun, 06-13-2004, 10:51 AM
www.samurai-seven.com, has the promo there, and it's stated that ANBU&A-Keep will fansub samurai 7 as a joint project i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif, still, why are they in the future fighting robots, wtf, mecha samurai anime, geeze, what's next

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Don't u people realize that anime has always had crazy mixes of genres, for example breakdancin samurai in samurai champloo, gunsliinging nuns in chrno crusade, mind controlled fighting barbie dolls in angelic layer, ass kicking school girl in air master and ikkitousen, jazzy futuristic space cowboys in cowboy bepop, giant medieval robots and dragons in escaflowne, vampire on the good side killing other vampires in hellsing, cross dressing teacher that loves his students in i my me strawberry eggs, alien that becomes a teacher and marries her 18 y/o student onegai teacher just to name a few. So why the hell would you be surprised with a samurai mecha anime. Just think of it as another Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors.)
You never know, this anime might turn out real good with that futuristic feel and old school samurai action (like Shinobi and Stryder with futuristic ninja action.)

Personally I have high hopes for this anime.

ExTREm-San
Sun, 06-13-2004, 11:42 AM
DraGunZer0: Yes i watched the promo and understood that the serie will take place in the future. But still i think that samurai series should take place in some of the era's wars.

Btw, what is a joint project ?

rdkenshin
Sun, 06-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by: DraGunZer0
Don't u people realize that anime has always had crazy mixes of genres, for example breakdancin samurai in samurai champloo, gunsliinging nuns in chrno crusade, mind controlled fighting barbie dolls in angelic layer, ass kicking school girl in air master and ikkitousen, jazzy futuristic space cowboys in cowboy bepop, giant medieval robots and dragons in escaflowne, vampire on the good side killing other vampires in hellsing, cross dressing teacher that loves his students in i my me strawberry eggs, alien that becomes a teacher and marries her 18 y/o student onegai teacher just to name a few. So why the hell would you be surprised with a samurai mecha anime. Just think of it as another Samurai Troopers (Ronin Warriors.)
You never know, this anime might turn out real good with that futuristic feel and old school samurai action (like Shinobi and Stryder with futuristic ninja action.)

Personally I have high hopes for this anime.

But the point is that samurai 7 is based off of a classic movie. With that said you'd think they would be a bit more traditional or something.

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Bahh anything doing with sword fighting im up for

:EDIT: Also a joint project is when 2 subbing groups work together (in this case ANBU and A-Keep)

Munsu
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Well i dont mind it having a mecha theme with a focus on swords... it will be something different from what i'm watching now...

If it is nearly as good as Escaflowne, one of my favorite because of the focus on swords instead of laser beams, then i wont be dissapointed

itachi_
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Why not do as Rurouni Kenshin OVA1 - Reminisence, A really good anime, and that's no mecha or future, it's traditional and very good, it's like the highest ranked anime in the world

Munsu
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:16 PM
Come one man... be more open minded.... not everything has to be about traditional Japan and traditional Japanese History... we all know you have an addiction to it, but it doesnt mean that everything that doesnt follow those lines is going to be bad

Aeon
Sun, 06-13-2004, 01:49 PM
I didn't know this show had mech's in it, the preview was great. I have to check it out now. What perfect timing considering Chrno Crusade just ended.

hikaru004
Sun, 06-13-2004, 02:19 PM
How are they going to pay for this series? Anime News Network.com said it cost $300 per episode to produce this title.

Munsu
Sun, 06-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Well i think it shows in PPV... so it should get plenty with that if it becomes popular enough, although i dont know how PPV works in Japan, probably like everywhere else

rdkenshin
Sun, 06-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Come one man... be more open minded.... not everything has to be about traditional Japan and traditional Japanese History... we all know you have an addiction to it, but it doesnt mean that everything that doesnt follow those lines is going to be bad

Not everything has to be traditonal. But when you compare it to the movie so much, like they did in the promo, a lot of people got confused.

Munsu
Sun, 06-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Well it was mainly targeted to Itachi_ who is very biased towards samurai stuff...

But I'm one of those who got surprised with the Mecha theme, no doubt about it, but I'm not going to start saying that it sucks without even watching an episode...

All I'm saying is that watch the series or a couple of episodes before saying that it sucks... just give it a chance...

But if you go to with a mind set of its going to suck even before you start watching the series then you are never going to like it because your mind will be clouded with negative thoughts...

So go and watch it with an open mind, and if you dont like it then, then make sure feelings known, but give it a chance at least

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I really wanna see a samurai escaflowne... wonder what the good mechs will look like ... ::imagine gundam WING gundams... drool::

Atheist
Sun, 06-13-2004, 06:03 PM
well the raw versions of episodes 1 and 2 are already out @ suprnova.org gues we'll have to wait for the subbed versions i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Agrippa
Sun, 06-13-2004, 07:16 PM
I have to say i was very excited when I heard they were doing a anime based on kursagawa's (sp?) awesome film the seven samurai

after watching the trailer I am a bit dissapointed that they are doing a futuristic mecha theme.

Yet only time will tell.

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Amazing graphics, so far I really enjoy this anime. I dont wanna ruin anything for anyone yet so I wont go into details but the graphics for this anime is superb. I think most of the stuff is CG animated (besides characters.) Also the anime is revolving more around sword play in a futuristic environment than mech fights right now (kinda like Vicious in Cowboy Bepop.) I want more (I also want this subbed soon ^_^)

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Hmm... gonna give this anime a chance to see how these robots are good with swords or not ^__^

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:36 AM
theres not much robot fights yet... only fight so far is the beginning of ep 1 it was a man vs mech instead of mech vs mech... actually man vs a lot of mechs and ships...

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:40 AM
Ok, the first ep. have aired, right ? So anbu-keep will probably release ep1 soon I hope.

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:41 AM
the first 2 has aired

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Ok, so anbu-keep will soon release those or do you know another good group that is releasing the serie ?

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:48 AM
I watched the raw now i will stick to my religion of Anbuism and Aoneism (soon i will start a cult for those religions... sooon..... bwahahahaha....... ...)

::edit:: damn typos....

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Hehe... I don't see raws becuase i hate not knowing what they are saying. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:50 AM
I'm trying to learn from anime so raws help speed the process... a lil..

::Edit:: Besides the sounds of cute japanese girls voice acting is worth watching the raw for <.< .. >.> ... <.< ...

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:57 AM
IMO almost all the girls voice sounds the same when they screams and suchs things i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 12:59 AM
I wasnt talking about the screams.. i like how they sound when they talk...especially these 2 girls in this anime

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-14-2004, 01:06 AM
I know but when they scream and doing such things they all sound the same imo.

One
Mon, 06-14-2004, 11:43 AM
This anime is ace!

Guess I should rent Seven Samurais ASAP.

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 01:20 PM
I should look for the movie as well..

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 06-14-2004, 08:05 PM
samurai 7 ep 1 has been released by a-keep|anbu go get it

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 08:09 PM
w00t.. umm.. where?

::Edit:: Nevr mind.. found it..

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 06-14-2004, 08:38 PM
woohoo this series r0x0rz, it doesn't all to seem to be about mecha's this ep was really good am definately gonna follow this

ep 2 also got released yahoo!

http://samurai-seven.com/files/%5bKeep_ANBU%5d_Samurai_7_-_02_%5bD59947E4%5d.avi

don't use a downloadmanager it doesn't work

Aeon
Mon, 06-14-2004, 09:00 PM
And here I was thinking I was gonna sleep early tonight, thanks for the heads up.

DraGunZer0
Mon, 06-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Sw33tness.... Samurai 7 eps AND naruto 87.. w00t w00t

Foomanchew24
Mon, 06-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Tried the link and couldn't find the torrent, but found it here in case anyone else is interested.

http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/

Munsu
Mon, 06-14-2004, 11:30 PM
My guess is that this series will be released every other week 2 episodes like ROD TV... anyone knows anything?

Gods_Son
Mon, 06-14-2004, 11:43 PM
The show seems interesting, I wasn't expecting any mecha in it

obake
Tue, 06-15-2004, 01:45 AM
Hmmm, well, I was pretty underwhelmed with the first episode. I have no problem with genre-blending, so long as it makes sense. But when you have a traditional Japanese village next to an enormous, industrial metropolis, it just doesn't make sense. Why would half of the world be modern while the other half looks like something 200 years ago?

But the show did get me thinking... wouldn't an anime based on the Onimusha series be just insanely badass?

DraGunZer0
Tue, 06-15-2004, 04:02 AM
Onimusha 3 pwned (the rest is good too), and yes it would be badass (we need something like ninja scroll again!)

Gods_Son
Tue, 06-15-2004, 05:03 AM
Just finished watching episode 2. That $300,000 that goes into each episode is really going to waste, the CG is pretty much random and useless most of the time. The mecha idea still seems lame to me, but I'll keep watching to see how it turn out.

Shadow-wolf
Tue, 06-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Finished watching episode 1 and 2. First one wasn't bad, but the second one. Oh my goodness, did you guys catch the ending? That was too cool.

DeluxSkillz
Tue, 06-15-2004, 07:32 AM
yeah i'm really likin this series already who cares if there is mecha involved it's something unique unlike most samurai series, the first two eps weren't extroardinary or anything but they weren't bad either i hope more action is involved in the coming eps i liked the fight they had in ep 2 and the preview for ep 3 looked sweet

XwingRob
Tue, 06-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Its pretty goofy. But since I like mech animes, I won't complain.

Aeon
Tue, 06-15-2004, 06:39 PM
I just watched the first two eps, The first 5min of ep1 had me hooked up until the mech's started to get ownedi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

itachi_
Tue, 06-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Horseshit, this is the anime of 2004, What a beautiful intro&outro, and the animation is indeed perfect... no doubt it costed $300.000 each ep.. due all donations to kurosawa from all the years.. Wow, I'm stunned... Compare this kind of animation/drawings with the one the naruto studio use. What a difference, well this is on my top3 for sure... I've only watched the first eps but I know that this anime will become more and more intresting, over&out

DraGunZer0
Tue, 06-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Agrees with itachi_. the intro/outro did own.. i want it!

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 06-15-2004, 10:13 PM
have yet to watch it but am now dling from what i read so far its sounds like a very good anime have very high hopes for this, btw itachi_ well not that i care but i thought u were banned?

Gods_Son
Tue, 06-15-2004, 11:11 PM
He still is banned, and the mixed in CG actually looks pretty dumb a lot of the time. There's no point in wasting money on having grass look good.

One
Wed, 06-16-2004, 12:04 AM
I still think the 2d animation in Samurai Champloo is better.

Munsu
Wed, 06-16-2004, 01:13 AM
Now Itachi_ arent you glad you didnt jump to conclusions... this is a great anime and it deserves a chance.... even though it isnt purely traditional samurai..

I will get better

Mut
Wed, 06-16-2004, 03:28 AM
one thing that pisses me off about animes is that they make guys look like girls. sooooooo fucking lame.

this anime should've just been about those crazy samurai robots fighting (just like the ones in the beginning). the characters are kinda weak.

Everon
Wed, 06-16-2004, 12:00 PM
So is this more like the video game -- with the mecha and all. Or does it actually try to have a storyline?

DraGunZer0
Wed, 06-16-2004, 12:55 PM
I dont think this has anything to do with the video game now... because i remember the game being an action adventure with one main character (a guy that uses dual swords) so... i dunno... probably just rent the game for sword action fun.

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 06-16-2004, 03:53 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
one thing that pisses me off about animes is that they make guys look like girls. sooooooo fucking lame.

agreed i thought that one samurai dude was a dam girl but then i looked harder and payed more attention to the voices and yea it was guy cant remember what what anime i heard his voice in

Foomanchew24
Wed, 06-16-2004, 03:58 PM
I just watched the first two eps and thought they were great, animation wise, still waiting for more plot development but looks real promising, also the dude that looks like a lady had me really confused at first, Ithought he was a she oh well. I think the japanese like to bend genders in thier anime and confuse people.

DraGunZer0
Wed, 06-16-2004, 04:15 PM
The tranny bad guy has always been a koo thing in my book.. they usually scream/die in a funny way.

Aeon
Wed, 06-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Yea I thought that first Samurai was a girl, it's kinda annoying with Haku in Naruto and that guy in Inuyasha with the snake sword.

Knives122
Wed, 06-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Dont forget about the guy in R.Kenshin with the scythe and ball chain thing, the dub version was even worse trying to figure out then the jap version was

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:33 AM
Hmm..watched the first episode , but it caught me off guard with the mecha...thought it was going to be a tradional type samurai anime...think i will stick with samurai champloo ^^;

iminyourbrain
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by: DraGunZer0
(we need something like ninja scroll again!)

YES!

iminyourbrain
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:50 AM
This series looks pretty wicked, i need something to fill the void of full metal alchemist and gantz being licensed. since downloading licensed anime is EVIL

Aniki
Fri, 06-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Gonzo...............
hopeless

Knives122
Fri, 06-18-2004, 10:11 PM
I do love the intro/outro alot, I think(maybe) this anime could contend with Cowboy Bebop in greatness, cant wait to get the songs though

tensai
Tue, 06-22-2004, 12:47 AM
pretty good so far
the first episode was okay, but the second episode got me into it more
they show who the actual samurais are (really tiny though) during the midpoint
damn that guy that looked like a girl is such a fruitcake, reminds me of orochimaru, but much more weaker and not as cool
was the release schedule available, ill check through the forums again

badgats
Sun, 06-27-2004, 03:37 AM
dammit i just made a topic on htis and there is alreayd one i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Mae
Sun, 06-27-2004, 01:48 PM
I'll watch this series because the movie it's based on is SO GOOD! I'm not really into "classic" movies or anything like that, but Seven Samurai is an EXCELLENT movie. It's worth seeing even though it's black and white.

I wonder how much like the movie characters the anime samurai will be?

kupalmaru
Sun, 06-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by: Mae
I'll watch this series because the movie it's based on is SO GOOD! I'm not really into "classic" movies or anything like that, but Seven Samurai is an EXCELLENT movie. It's worth seeing even though it's black and white.

I wonder how much like the movie characters the anime samurai will be?

I think the movie is rated as one of the greatest movie of all time(not only in japan but around the wordl)

The priestess girl look nice.

My only comment is that the samurai guy(the one that save the girl) don't look that cool. If you look at Vash, Kakashi and other anime character they have this cool look. The samurai guy do not appeal to me that much.

PS: This is only my opinion.

kilzo
Sun, 06-27-2004, 08:53 PM
well in the movie he wasnt too appealing either..., i wanna see if they do the one "not-samurai guy" as good as he is, becuase he was my favorite character in that movie.

Gods_Son
Mon, 06-28-2004, 07:38 AM
I actually thought the action was pretty lame on the first few episodes, maybe it'll pick up later.

Mut
Mon, 06-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaruMy only comment is that the samurai guy(the one that save the girl) don't look that cool. If you look at Vash, Kakashi and other anime character they have this cool look. The samurai guy do not appeal to me that much.

PS: This is only my opinion.

i agree. that's the first thing i said when i saw the guy slashin bots in the sky.

kupalmaru
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Do you know when are they going to release ep 3, I think it's been a while scince they releas the second ep

Foomanchew24
Tue, 06-29-2004, 09:22 PM
nope but should be soon i would think. akeep-anbu are doing it and so is lunar so one of them will have it out when they get to it. i've been waiting for it as well.

BluSyn
Tue, 06-29-2004, 10:55 PM
actually according to the anime news network apparently it comes out july 10th assuming that the date next to the episode title is the date it will/was aired

Munsu
Sat, 07-10-2004, 02:03 AM
A joint project is when two or more different subbing groups cometogether to release a series... for example here is Anbu and Anime-Keep

For Naruto: Anbu and Animeone

BTW the raws for 3 and 4 are out... should expect fansubs pretty soon

r3n
Sat, 07-10-2004, 11:18 AM
yep raws are out, expect subs by wednesday latest

Aeon
Sat, 07-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Ep 3&4 are subbed by Lunar

http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/

tensai
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:44 PM
i was dling it, but it was going slow as hell, so ill wait until later when there are more seeders

r3n
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:38 AM
downloading now, will watch em when i get back from work i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Sun, 07-11-2004, 05:03 AM
kanbei or whatever his name is... what a LOSER...

"i can't defeat you cuz i'm a no-skilled ass clown"

WOW... just as it was getting good kanbei decides to become a little girl.

Aeon
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
kanbei or whatever his name is... what a LOSER...

"i can't defeat you cuz i'm a no-skilled ass clown"

WOW... just as it was getting good kanbei decides to become a little girl.

LMAO, I was thinking the same thing when I watched last night.

hikaru004
Sun, 07-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I found some info on the release schedule in another forum.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15424&page=3&pp=20

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 07-12-2004, 04:08 PM
ep 3 & 4 were just released by A-keep_ANBU

r3n
Mon, 07-12-2004, 07:50 PM
watched em, pretty good, lots of action i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Tue, 07-13-2004, 01:56 PM
These two episodes were awesome... some cool action sequences...

I like the new samurai they hired... he is awesome... but I forgot his name... and the other one is cool also... the blond haired one... forgot his name also...

Now another couple of weeks and two more episodes... can't wait

Knives122
Tue, 07-13-2004, 02:00 PM
the blond haired one is obviously the hiei of the series, and that makes him badass

Uzumaki Naruto
Tue, 07-13-2004, 02:58 PM
eps 3-4 were very good, some good fightings scense sunniest part to me was the part where kanbei tells what shis name that he's in love.............................. with his skills that is lol

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Saw first ep so far. Left no image in my mind, even though I love samurais. Robots VS samurais? Hmm...

Hopefully things will pick up after the first one.

XwingRob
Tue, 07-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Hmm, I really think this show kicks ass. Mind you I love Samurai and mechs, so I guess I don't have a problem.
However, I don't care for the girly guys.

Masamune
Wed, 07-14-2004, 12:43 PM
that blacksmith rocks , he is so cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kupalmaru
Wed, 07-14-2004, 11:50 PM
ep 3-4 has a good fighting scene.

I like the part when the robot, with a bandana on his face, thought Kambei is gonna get whack.

Lithonite
Sun, 07-18-2004, 09:28 AM
looks like no episode 5 yet- for all the sceptics about merdging Samurai, and Mech genre ' Just watch it- this is good work. animation is really superb. writing boasts dynamic characters, and relatively engageing story line. definately gets 1.5 thumbs up.

summer projection: this is a fansub everyones going to want this summer.

TheEvil1
Mon, 07-19-2004, 05:37 PM
ive seen the first 4, looks sweet so far, i like it cant wait for ep 5
i have keep/anbu eps 1 and 2 and [IY-F] eps 3-4, the [IY-F] subs are great quality as well

TheEvil1
Thu, 07-22-2004, 04:32 PM
is this correct? taken from animesuki forums

"Broadcast Information (from my SkyPerfectTV guide)

Initial airing: June 12 (Sat)
Total Episodes: 26 episodes
Channel: 183, etc. (SkyPerfectTV! Pay-per-view)
Viewing fee: 840 yen per airing

Tentative Broadcast schedule:
6/12 (Sat): #01 (Ep. 1, Ep. 2)
7/10 (Sat): #02 (Ep. 3, Ep. 4)
7/24 (Sat): #03 (Ep. 5, Ep. 6)
8/14 (Sat): #04 (Ep. 7, Ep. 8)
8/28 (Sat): #05 (Ep. 9, Ep. 10)
9/11 (Sat): #06 (Ep. 11, Ep. 12)
9/25 (Sat): #07 (Ep. 13, Ep. 14)
10/9 (Sat): #08 (Ep. 15, Ep. 16)
10/23 (Sat): #09 (Ep. 17, Ep. 18)
11/13 (Sat): #10 (Ep. 19, Ep. 20)
11/27 (Sat): #11 (Ep. 21, Ep. 22)
12/11 (Sat): #12 (Ep. 23, Ep. 24)
12/25 (Sat): #13 (Ep. 25, Ep. 26)"

i REALLY REALLY dont want to wait untill xmass to finally see all of this sweet sweet anime

EpoC
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:12 PM
4 eps and I allready get the chills I get when I'm "In love with a series"

this is good. no need to say no more

KameronFrye
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
I am definitely glad I got a hold of this series early on, and only 2 more days until the raws are up for the next two. rawr.

Eurasian
Thu, 07-22-2004, 06:51 PM
i dled when everyone else was but i didn't watch it. i thought about mech and samurai and i was wishywashy. but reading everyone else's post, i got really interested. i just finished epi 1 and i know i'm going to like it. like the 1st or 2nd minute of it...YAH!!! the part that DraGunZer0 mentioned, man v. mech. i was like "OH YEAH!!" he's like this ant compared to that ship...so...DAMN!!! totally into it now. must watch more ~

*****time lapsed********

so i finally finish watching the first 4 episodes. SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD! that fight at the end of the 4th episode...blew my mind! and the guy who catches arrows...when he dodges...i thought about the matrix. HE'S SO COOOLL!! i love this series...i just can't believe i have to wait this long. THIS WEEKEND...5/6 comes out.

PCAnImaX
Fri, 07-23-2004, 04:15 AM
I like this series very much... It's the battle between the Samurais vs Mech Samurais combo Samurais combo bandit Samurais... Many Many Katana wielding sessions to go i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif...

I'm eager to see if the Samurai that uses the double Katanas will turn over a new leaf to join the team to battle... Current strenght count is 4 Samurais and 3 more to go before the wheat starts to bend for harvasting... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Eurasian
Fri, 07-23-2004, 11:05 PM
i think kyuzo will join the team. his silhouette appeared in that pic w/ all the samurai walking. what a big gain for them!!! since his skill is like kanbei's. it's like 2 kanbei in that team, but this guy is much younger.

Noir
Fri, 07-23-2004, 11:37 PM
The little kid is so innocent with her comments I can't stop laughing on them, just cause it's such a great action/drama anime, it's subtle but to me I can't stop laughing at those comments.

Great anime so far, looking good and expecting great things!

Knives122
Sat, 07-24-2004, 03:58 PM
well since we know when the series is going to end, I guess the only thing we have to worry about is when the opening song is going to come out

Edit: I actually found the song

Unlimited and Fuhen (http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~gendou/amusic/index.php?filter=Samurai+7&match=2)
Just right click the song name and save target as

PCAnImaX
Sun, 07-25-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
i think kyuzo will join the team. his silhouette appeared in that pic w/ all the samurai walking. what a big gain for them!!! since his skill is like kanbei's. it's like 2 kanbei in that team, but this guy is much younger.

I think you're right, I see him in the silhouette too, but don't know when he'll join the team or what reasons tha'll make him join... very eager to find out i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif...

Goingin
Sun, 07-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
well since we know when the series is going to end, I guess the only thing we have to worry about is when the opening song is going to come out

Unlimited and Fuhen (http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~gendou/amusic/index.php?filter=Samurai+7&match=2)

The page doesn't let me right-click.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Btw, ep 5 is out by Lunar

Munsu
Sun, 07-25-2004, 10:52 AM
keep-anbu released 5 and 6

a.scarywater.net/akeep

Knives122
Sun, 07-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by: Goingin

The page doesn't let me right-click....

Btw, ep 5 is out by Lunar

OH, then just sign up and then click on the link(might have to login again) it should work then

supra33202
Sun, 07-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Samurai 7 is getting more interesting. I am really looking forward for this series.

Munsu
Sun, 07-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Well i thought that episodes 5 and 6 werent has good as the others... but still pretty good...

tensai
Mon, 07-26-2004, 12:28 AM
just watched ep 5, but still dling ep 6
ep 5 was interesting, the new dude looks a lot like naruto, hes very clever
rice and seven gods of rice, is that true? so thats how the seven samurai ties into the rice village

Eurasian
Mon, 07-26-2004, 03:14 AM
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i downloaded them both but i couldn't find time to watch it. i'm so sad...i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif
i'm definitely going to watch it tomorrow. these 2 episodes are highly anticipated.

PCAnImaX
Mon, 07-26-2004, 04:36 AM
Coooooooool!!!!!

Lunar Released both episodes too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif... *Chewy*...

tensai
Sun, 08-15-2004, 12:53 AM
ep 7 and 8 RAWS are out if your interested

Mut
Sun, 08-15-2004, 02:44 AM
is it just me or do the drawings/animetion look extra fucked up in episode 7 (haven't seen 8 yet)? it looks like a child drew them, those drawing should be included in that page by maddox (the one where he bags on kids' drawings).

lasaire
Sun, 08-15-2004, 11:10 AM
This is a fabulous new series, I can't wait for the subbed 7 and 8 to be out. Unfortunately, that means I can't answer your questions, Mut@t@. Sorry :-)

Munsu
Sun, 08-15-2004, 07:44 PM
keep-anbu released episode 7

http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/[Keep_ANBU (http://_Samurai_7_-_07_[412539F9].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/[Keep_ANBU]_Samurai_7_-_07_[412539F9].avi.torrent)

kilzo
Mon, 08-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Just me or the animation just take a day off? the actions and movements scenes looks like something from Lupin III. not the whole thing just the part around where the new guy took on the samurai with no money. the sound is off as well?? the voiceing looks like its something a kid would do.

Edit: @ mut@t@: yeah that looked pretty bad, for a second there, i was wondering why i saw 7 released and 8 not yet, i had a feeling like that was some kind of joke? but i guess not i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

thundrakkon
Mon, 08-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Yeah, Mut@t@, the animation in episode 7 was just really bad in parts. It is as if another team took over, maybe a "B" team. Hopefully, that means they took extra care for episode 8, and episode 8 will be really awesome. I can't wait.

SasukesGirL
Mon, 08-16-2004, 01:29 AM
wth!?? is this how they treat a remake of a classic?? the animation was a joke, i havent seen such horrible animation in ages. This makes the sometimes terrible animation in naruto look 10x better! I couldnt even tell what some people were doing in some scenes and the way they move look so unnatural.

I think it was "bring your children to work" day or something and they let their 5 year old kids draw that shit out.

supra33202
Mon, 08-16-2004, 02:42 AM
Yes, the animation of episode 7 is weird. Is that intended? I mean the artist may tried to use different art style to illustrate the lavish city. But I don't really like that kind of art style. I hope episode 8 back to its "normal" style. What do you think about it?

tensai
Mon, 08-16-2004, 04:23 PM
man, i agree with everyone, the animation sucked ass
the characters had no detail, and they looked like they came straight from the drawing board
the backgrounds were alright though

Goingin
Mon, 08-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Same here, this ep sucked because of the drawings..
The part of the story was good as always, but why screw up something that is already perfect i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

As the rest i hope ep 8 will be back to the old style

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah episode 7 had animation, specifically drawing problems... but it was mostly in the dancing part.... so im going to give the benefit of the doubt that it was on purpose for some unknown reason...

Anyways episode 8 is out

http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/[Keep_ANBU (http://_Samurai_7_-_08_[F6B80DE0].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/[Keep_ANBU]_Samurai_7_-_08_[F6B80DE0].avi.torrent)

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 08-16-2004, 07:39 PM
yeah the first half of ep 7 had bad animation it didn't look very well oh well nothing really interesting or important was going on so i didn't really care i hope 8 will look a lot better

Noir
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Yes Episode 7's animation was disgusting.

Was that one line translated correctly: "Just go and die by the bandits."

Shouldn't there be a "don't" in there lol.

Munsu
Mon, 08-16-2004, 08:53 PM
you think there should be because you know japanese? or you think it should because you think it will look better?

I think that it is translated good because the girl was mad since he was leaving her so she said that out of anger... even though she didnt mean it...

Noir
Mon, 08-16-2004, 11:07 PM
I think it would look better. Still learning Japanese, not enough to sub yet for anyone hehe.

Eurasian
Mon, 08-16-2004, 11:11 PM
yah, i think she said that because she didn't want him to go.

the art didn't look good only during the dancing...and also the fighting scene between the new dude and the poor samurai. it sure isn't one of those epi they spend $300,000 or whatever amount it was suppose to be.

do girls always give baths to other girls in japan??

AND THOSE SKELETONS!! they creeped me out. playing the shamisen (is that what that instrument is called??)

supra33202
Tue, 08-17-2004, 05:18 AM
I am glad that the normal art style is back in episode 8. The Bandit blue mecha looks really cool. BTW, I am mecha fan. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Goingin
Tue, 08-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Bud, why are your links always screwed?

Every link i see u post is somehow a bit useless..
Like the ep 8 link:

h*ttp://_samurai_7_-_08_[f6b80de0].avi.torrent]http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/[Keep_ANBU]_Samurai_7_-_08_[F6B80DE0].avi.torrent

^^ Thats what ur linking... (forget the *, i put it there because the forum will screw it up AGAIN i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)
And its not only this link, it's every link

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 12:27 PM
I know... i just paste the link in the quick reply and it comes out like that... but at least you see from what site it is from...

It is not my fault that the functions here are messed up

Goingin
Tue, 08-17-2004, 01:03 PM
I know, but u can get around that very easily

In the reply window, just press the http button and paste the url in there, click ok and ur set i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 01:14 PM
I know how to work around it... i just hate opening the reply window... i always use the quick reply...

but whatever...

tensai
Tue, 08-17-2004, 04:07 PM
ep 8 was cool
i didnt like how rikichi was acting, it kinda annoyed me
but then the reason was shown later and it was understandable
i thought those wierd looking guys were gonna kill katsushiro, but they only healed him
and that one faggot young master dude, i just wanna kick his ass - fuggin spoiled nonothing bitch

sometimes, it always ends with kikuchiyo getting into some kind of trouble

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2004, 04:10 PM
I didnt like how they handdled the Rikishi thing either...

The reason is that he was acting weird and flipping out since the start of the episode... his flipping out should have started solely after he saw the bandits...

Eurasian
Tue, 08-17-2004, 04:18 PM
i thought rikichi was kinda annoying. why be so selfish since he's only going to get the rest of them in trouble. but i guess it's understandable...but still...

YAH! the shikimoribito (is that it??? their name was really long and complicated) r nice guys!!!

kambei is such a nice guy. 2 more samurai left!! i wonder who??? j/k they already showed who they r.

Knives122
Tue, 08-17-2004, 04:56 PM
man I cant beleive no ones talking about he new opening sequence, I thought that was really cool

tensai
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:08 PM
theres a new opening sequence?!?
i didnt notice that, i have to check it out then

Knives122
Tue, 08-17-2004, 08:14 PM
yeah with different animation from what theyve been using for the last 6 eps. in the opening

lasaire
Thu, 08-19-2004, 12:47 AM
I definately like the new opening.. in fact I love the series in general, though there's no avoiding that episode 7's animation sucked. I'm relieved 8 was back up to par.

The reason why girls are often seen together in the bath in anime is that nudity is not as much of a big deal in Japan as it is here, and the bath is very often shared between family members and friends of the same gender. Especially when the bath is so large that multiple people can share it rather than waste time waiting for people. With privacy so rare, since living quarters are so crowded, it can be the one place in the house girls can have a chance to gossip without being overheard. There's nothing sexual about it, it's just the accepted norm.

Eurasian
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:24 AM
i see i see. well, i didn't see anything sexual about that scene in epi 7. and yes, it is quite rare here...so glad u explained it.

Munsu
Thu, 08-19-2004, 01:55 AM
And those baths dont belong to girls only... males also had a common bath just like the girls... or so have i seen on anime and some movies...

Mut
Thu, 08-19-2004, 02:35 AM
this series is just getting better and better.

Hakeem_21
Thu, 08-19-2004, 11:16 AM
yeah with different animation from what theyve been using for the last 6 eps. in the opening

I saw it in the first second of the opening cause the old opening was boring compared to this new one.

bitwar
Fri, 08-20-2004, 10:58 AM
The new opening is really cool. The old one just used footage from the episodes and put color filters over them. This one looks much better, and actually goes through the 7 samurai with names (though they aren't translated). The animation in 7 was really bad in the first half. It scared me a lot because the animation in this series had been so good so far, and i didn't think that GONZO would have that issue. But after the halfway point (the thing with the mist and stuff) it got better, back up to par. I really hope they don't do that again. But the story is moving along nicely with enough action and plot and such to keep the series flowing, unlike Kaze no Yojimbo (the last Kurosawa remake). The first 5 episodes (all i've seen) of Kaze just dragged along SO s l o w l y... Samurai 7 is MUCH better. One of my favorite new series. Now to watch episode 8 since I have a day off from work.

Munsu
Sun, 08-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Episodes 9 and 10 are out by keep-anbu

I just watched episode 9 and I must tell you that it is my favorite episode at the moment.... great action.... so download them now

kupalmaru
Mon, 08-30-2004, 05:36 PM
Oh yeah

Mae
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Nice eps. Good fighting scenes, some comedy, some character development... And now they have all seven.

Katsushiro was particularly cute in the second ep, although that was balanced out by some of the most awful crossdressing I've seen. And Kyuzo's hair is way too fluffy....

But the character and background design continue to be detailed and unique, so I can't complain.

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:34 PM
yeah ep 9 & 10 were great best eps so far

TruthofMistake
Mon, 08-30-2004, 08:51 PM
hmm iv only seen the first 2 episodes of this anime but i thought it was pretty good although the plot seems kinda overused i still generally like this anime and if i wasnt dling the first 31 episodes of fma would prolly get the rest of the show.... i have no problem with the whole samurai in the future fighting robots thing unlike some it would be nice if samurai still existed today because their honor system was a decent way of keeping the piece unlike todays corruptness and whatnot....

Eurasian
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:35 AM
great episodes once again!!! komachi and kikuchiyo r so funny together.

JEALOUSY!!! HAHAHAHA

the fighting scene between the bandits...totally hot. killing those bandits seems like a stroll through the park for them.

tensai
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:35 PM
yep
i must agree that these two eps are the best out of the whole so far

spoilers beware

i didnt expect that one girl to be a traitor
and that part where that one dude that thinks about rice to much danced, embarrassing and hilarious
it almost looked like the two other samurais were going to bust out in laughter

Munsu
Tue, 08-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Well dont you remember in episode 8 that the traitor wrote a message and gave it to the lizard that gave the message to the bandits?

thundrakkon
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah, there were some great action scenes during these past 2 episodes. It looks like things will heat up from here, and the true 7 samurais are finally ready for action. I wonder if the villagers will actually betray them? I bet you anything, one of the villagers will, and the whole village will have to pay for it. I think the girl will fall for the blonde guy, and the young guy will just be heart broken (sorry, I can't remember their names). Seems like this series will be great, and the music is awesome, too.

Eurasian
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:31 PM
YAH! love triangle. but i think the girl actually likes katsushiro. the relationship between her and kyuzo is just katsushiro being paranoid.

Munsu
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:33 PM
Just to ask those who have seen Seven Samurai... up until this point... how are the plots comming along... are they similar? any major changes other than the obivious ones (Mecha)..?

I dont want spoilers... just up to what has happened in episode 10

PureSkill
Tue, 08-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Anyone seen Samurai 7 the movie?

Munsu
Tue, 08-31-2004, 09:01 PM
well that's what i was asking.... Seven Samurai is the movie

PureSkill
Tue, 08-31-2004, 09:02 PM
sorry didnt scroll up =/ My friend has seen it and can seed once i can get a hold of him

Knives122
Tue, 08-31-2004, 09:07 PM
Man ep. 9 was amazing, Kyuuzo destroyed that mech, and it looks like Kirara has some trusting to do, 5/5

havent watched 10 yet but Im sure its good

Munsu
Tue, 08-31-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by: PureSkill
sorry didnt scroll up =/ My friend has seen it and can seed once i can get a hold of him

You use irc right?

I got my movie from #anime-eternal .... 3cds... they used to have it on a bot... not sure if they still have it on the bots

kupalmaru
Wed, 09-01-2004, 05:22 PM
9 and 10 are great episode

I was kinda shock when the wood chopping ninja tried to whack the traitor girl.

PureSkill
Wed, 09-01-2004, 06:54 PM
cool ya i have irc, ill look into that. I hear that once you see the movie theres no point in watching the episodes

PureSkill
Wed, 09-01-2004, 07:01 PM
They dont have it, and i got flamed like crazy for asking. Thanks alot...

Mae
Wed, 09-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Just ask for it at your local video rental place. It's a popular movie, so someone's bound to have it. You can even watch it with your family. It has some violence, but a really strong story, and I think your parents would like it too.

As for the series, I think it's loosely based on the movie in the same way Star Wars ep 1 is based on another of Kurosawa's films, The Fortress. The director copies the basic plot and some of the themes and character personalities, but then he uses these elements in a completely different way. None of the adventures in the town or subplot with the merchant prince chasing after the priestess are in the movie. And of course the movie is set in real-life feudal Japan, not some sci-fi version of it.

I don't think seeing the movie will spoil you for the series because they are too different, but there are some nods to the movie in the series you might not get if you haven't seen it. Also the series was made assuming the audience was familiar with the movie. Seven Samurai is classic, and I would definately reccomend you not miss it.

PureSkill
Wed, 09-01-2004, 08:54 PM
didnt know it was out on dvd hmmm ill check it out

Mae
Wed, 09-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Most of Akira Kurosawa's classics are out on DVD. Yojimbo (the bodyguard) and Rashomon are really good too. Yojimbo is a good action flick and inspired "A Fistful of Dollars" (one of the classic Westerns). Rashomon was more artsy, but still pretty cool.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 09-04-2004, 04:47 PM
cant wait to watch the next eps, eps 9 is my favorite so far

Knives122
Sat, 09-04-2004, 05:38 PM
You know that movie "Seven Samurai" came on this morning it was great, and it was made in 1954, thats old as hell

PureSkill
Mon, 09-06-2004, 06:18 PM
wtf... missed it

animefreak
Mon, 09-06-2004, 10:36 PM
at first i didn't really like this series (cuz the character look weird and stuff) but watching for a while is real good....can't wait till the next episode arrive. You gotta love the ending song

animefreak
Mon, 09-06-2004, 10:49 PM
samurai seven in 1954 classic is kinda boring compare to the anime fansub!!! beside the classic samurai seven is black and white

Eurasian
Sun, 09-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Lunar (http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/)
the 11th episode is out by lunar!!!

DraGunZer0
Sun, 09-12-2004, 10:05 PM
A-Keep & ANBU is better!... thanks though ^_^

Eurasian
Sun, 09-12-2004, 10:57 PM
AHAHA. i'm also waiting for their version.

animefreak
Sun, 09-12-2004, 10:59 PM
guess we all agree...me too i'm waiting for ANBU or A-Keep. Lunar subtitle is like a guy who in japanese that translate with little english skill.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:04 AM
i guess we've been waiting for this. 11 and 12 r out from A-Keep & Anbu.
A-Keep (http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/)
Anbu (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/)

kAi
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:23 AM
ahhh cool..thnx!

hoob
Mon, 09-13-2004, 03:19 AM
What are you saying, then? Just because it's black and white it's boring? Geez, talk about a dumb comment. And what's wrong with the Lunar subs? They're perfectly fine, too. So easy to criticise, isn't it?

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 09-13-2004, 07:15 AM
did anyone notice the filze size got smaller with anbu-a-keep release they used to be 170mb now ep 11 & 12 are 120mb

Shuurai
Mon, 09-13-2004, 08:07 AM
the quality is different to compared to 9 and 10 thats probally why the file size changed

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:27 AM
i think they had bad raws because there is really no difference in quality between Lunar and keep-anbu... just that keep-anbu has better encoders...

Aeon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Has anybody been able to track down the ending song? It's the only op/ed that I currently like and don't have i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif.

animefreak
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:11 PM
downloading 11 and 12 now. Wow, didn't expect 2 episodes come out at the same time.

Munsu
Mon, 09-13-2004, 12:27 PM
well they always do come out 2 at a time

DraGunZer0
Mon, 09-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
Has anybody been able to track down the ending song? It's the only op/ed that I currently like and don't have .

I have the outro, came out a whiel ago, but I'm still looking for the intro.

Eurasian
Mon, 09-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Hybrid Be (http://www.hybridbe.com/music.php)
you can get the intro AND outro here. the OP is Unlimited by Aikawa Nanase and the ED is Fuhen by Rin', just in case u don't know which one to dl.

wow i just watched it. the next couple of episodes will be awesome!! how come only pretty men get groupies? but then he was pretty cool at the end of 11. YAH!!!

DraGunZer0
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Hmm... been a while since I got a new Aikawa Nanase song... didn't know she did the intro. But anyways thanx for the link, got some new tunes for my mp3 player.

Aeon
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Hybrid Be (http://www.hybridbe.com/music.php)
you can get the intro AND outro here. the OP is Unlimited by Aikawa Nanase and the ED is Fuhen by Rin', just in case u don't know which one to dl.

wow i just watched it. the next couple of episodes will be awesome!! how come only pretty men get groupies? but then he was pretty cool at the end of 11. YAH!!!

Thank You Eurasiani/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif, you've just become my favorite girl on the forums. Hmmm I think you're the only girl on the site :/. Goes off to listen to Fuhen.

Knives122
Mon, 09-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Fuhens not that great i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif *sorry*

Eurasian
Mon, 09-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Fuhen uses great instruments. i love the beginning.

Aeon, there are other girls. but i'm glad i'm ur favo. it feels good to be liked!!! and ur very very welcome.

DraGunZer0
Mon, 09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Fuhen isn't all that. I like Unlimited more

(On something completely random: just noticed that my space bar is so worn out that it's shiny.)

Eurasian
Tue, 09-14-2004, 01:07 AM
yes that is really random. well, my keyboard is stained w/ food cuz i eat at the computer all the time.

i think unlimited is ok because nothing beats the one she did for inuyasha. I LOVE THAT SONG!!!

jimmymasaki
Tue, 09-14-2004, 08:58 AM
haha. not to burst the bubble of random thoughts but i thought this thread was for samurai 7???
neway, what i don't get is heihachi... i mean i reckon he's the coolest... but like, what's the deal with him chucking schizo's and the whole issue with trust? i thought he was pretty trusting and made up his mind pretty quickly about joining the samurais ... but maybe that was due to the bribery.... ???? AND at outset, we see that he's full on friendly and stuff...
btw, i think LUNAR are a little lacking with their subbing.. don't get me wrong it's not bad, just especially with the farmers.. they make 'em out as if they're total idiots who can't talk proper.. i reckon colloquial language would be more appropriate... they only talk different to the samurais (or 'proper' japanese) is coz of their dialect... i dunno.
someone correct me or something.

[first post! how exciting]

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Na' you are right about the Lunar subbing... they have never been that accurate on subbing... I only get Lunar releases when they are the only ones releasing... else i go for someone else....

animefreak
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:57 AM
thanks for agreeing with me Budweineken. Although i seem lunar sub better one before but not samurai 7...maybe is a new guy who join lunar fansub it.

Eurasian
Tue, 09-14-2004, 03:06 PM
heihachi is trusting. since that dude betrayed them, he feels like that trust is gone and treats that person like an enemy. but kambei believes the good in everybody. that's so touching.

anyways, i really like katsushiro now. KILL KILL KILL!!

animefreak
Tue, 09-14-2004, 06:10 PM
ok...the story begining to make more sense now. I thaught only the seven samurai gotta fight the bandit but now i realize the whole village is going to fight which make more sense since there is no way 7 samurai take a whole armies on it own.

Mae
Tue, 09-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I liked the way they rallied the villagers. Heihachi's true personality has turned out to be a lot different from the friendly guy they first introduced. He seems the most bloodthirsty of the bunch.

I thought Katsushiro's first real battle was done well. He was pretty clumsy during the fight and shocked at the outcome. I didn't really understand Kanbei's response, first backhanding him and then fixing up his sword. Mix your messages much? But it seems pretty clear who Kirara will choose now. "I will go down with you."

Munsu
Tue, 09-14-2004, 07:26 PM
I think he hit him beacause he was in shocked and he wanted him to snap out of it... or something along those lines...

Or maybe he just wanted him to toughen up... his weak mind will interfere with their mission

Eurasian
Tue, 09-14-2004, 09:04 PM
HAHAHA! i like that lil quote mae. "I will go down with you." HAHAHA! that's true. u just can't imagine kirara w/ kyuzo.

Aeon
Tue, 09-14-2004, 10:51 PM
I thought he hit him cause his sword wasnt sharp making the kill painful and messy instead of clean.

empT3
Tue, 09-14-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure he slapped him because he neglected maintinence on his sword. Not taking care of your sword is the equivlant of just pretending to be a samurai, not taking the whole thing seriously. I would take it as a fairly large insult if I taught someone a serious martial arts technique and they practiced it a few times and could only do it half-assed when I asked them to perform it later (back-story: I used to teach martial arts)
Another thing, I don't think Heihachi is bloodthirsty at all, he's just used to being on a battlefield where you kill traitors because they can't be trusted.

Mut
Wed, 09-15-2004, 12:45 AM
all the samurai are badass except that green haired troll. katsushiahdiahodhuoesffro or whatever, he sucks. the most badass is kyuzo obviously.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:01 AM
WHAT?!?! but that's kinda true...

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 01:05 AM
Yes, I totally agree that Kanbei slapped Katsushiro because he neglected maintenance on his sword. However, I also think that Kanbei did it to snap Katsushiro out of his daze.

I guess there won't be a three-way love story after all. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Overall, the animation was pretty good. It's just that some of the villagers, the extra ladies, were drawn pretty awful. I guess that was intentional.

The story is shaping up pretty well. Oh, btw, who was in the shadows in the forest? Was it a bandit, one of the samurais, or someone we don't know about yet?

jimmymasaki
Wed, 09-15-2004, 04:24 AM
oh, i dont say that lunar subbing is inaccurate.. it's just lacking. it gets the main jist... well, either way i don't really care too much coz the subbed files are so much smaller than RAWS. i don't reckon heihachi's bloodthirsty either... the issue of trust still gets me.. i get the whole traitor thing and kill those who betray us.. just that he's trying to save the farmers and... ah doesn't matter i guess.. it'll all come to light if i wait a little (anime always answers my questions slong as i wait awhile)
i agree that katsushiro's (i think that's his name.... hate him so much) first kill was very well done.. like, there's no way a person could be fine or not clumsy with their first skill... so i applaud the scriptwriters for that.
man as if kirara was EVER gonna get with kyuzo!! and as if kyuzo would even think of getting with her (for some reason i don't think he thinks about a d&m relationship)... woulda been interesting i must admit thou...

animefreak
Wed, 09-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Eurasian..u a girl? wow i thaught u were a guy since u put a guy ad picture on.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:07 PM
yea, i'm a girl animefreak. nobody knew i was a girl until much much later when i post a picture. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kupalmaru
Wed, 09-15-2004, 09:50 PM
yea, i'm a girl animefreak. nobody knew i was a girl until much much later when i post a picture.

Get out Your a girl

thundrakkon
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru

yea, i'm a girl animefreak. nobody knew i was a girl until much much later when i post a picture.

Get out Your a girl

ah.. Gynophobia. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

We love all the girls that actually do post here. It definitely adds more spice than just the normal testosterone that we get everyday here.

jimmymasaki, the idea of killing the farmer he is supposed to be saving, well, I think it has to do with the concept of saving the village, not the individual. He felt that farmer betrayed the village and should be punished accordingly. Besides, later on, they mentioned that the most feared aspect of war is not the enemy, but a traitor amongst your comrades. He must have dealt with a traitor before.

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by: kupalmaru
Get out Your a girl

...i'm gonna cry...

thundrakkon, ur the best!!

Munsu
Wed, 09-15-2004, 10:53 PM
I think he didnt mean to say "to get out"...

i think he meant it in the context of "Get out... you're a girl?"

At least I think he did...

But whatever... i cant wait until the war starts... I can see now all the farmers getting killed...

Eurasian
Wed, 09-15-2004, 11:09 PM
i hope he did mean the latter. then it's all good. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

yah, the next 2 epi will be good. the sneak peek into the war...it looked really good.

jimmymasaki
Thu, 09-16-2004, 03:14 AM
yeah i kinda figured it would be something like in the past someone he really trusted betrayed him big time... hence why i'm just gonna wait until it comes to light.... [unless the writers don't think it's necessary for character development... unlike some anime... *coughcough* naruto *coughcough*]
mind you i dont think character development is a bad thing... i quite like it.. it's just soooooooooooooo time consuming.
neways, katsushiro pisses me off... i don't even know why kanbei agreed to take him on board... unless i missed the few seconds before which explained why he accepted him...
someone correct me. ta

nests
Thu, 09-16-2004, 09:59 AM
I dont think he ever did agree, he just kept following them.

Munsu
Thu, 09-16-2004, 11:21 AM
he did agree at some point, although most of the time he was just following... but he did acknowledge him as a samurai when he protected Kirara.... took an arrow for her or something

Gods_Son
Thu, 09-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Eurasian, get out. No girls in GW, it's a rule. Katsushiro is the worst, Kyuzo is the only badass samurai.

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by: Gods_Son
Eurasian, get out. No girls in GW, it's a rule. Katsushiro is the worst, Kyuzo is the only badass samurai.

And people wonder why online chatting is deteriorating social skills. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I hope you are not serious, with your IRC gang making up these rules. Girls are necessary, period. Well, unless you prefer male companionship instead. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Katsushiro is necessary in this series. He represents how a young Samurai becomes a true Samurai. In some ways, it might reflect how Kanbei became who he is right now. It definitely adds character to the storyline.

Mut
Thu, 09-16-2004, 12:52 PM
i can tell you're big softy cuz you got that sandy vagina as your avatar.

and what's wrong with male companionship? don't be a homophobe cuz you're insecure about your cock being hundreds and even thousands of miles away from someone on the internet.

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:38 PM
I see... You must be very popular with the girls then, Muts. Wow, you must be such a manly badass behind that computer of yours. Have you ever considered what it is like to go out in the real world? Or even consider facing someone in real life with the comments you make?

My character avatar does have something in common: we both care and protect those that are important to us. He has heart, which is apparently lacking in some people.

Chauvinism is not something you should be proud of.

As for Samurai 7, the next episode appears to be start of the great fight. It looks to be quite intense from this point forward, so I'll be looking forward to it.

Knives122
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by: thundrakkon
I see... You must be very popular with the girls then, Muts. Wow, you must be such a manly badass behind that computer of yours. Have you ever considered what it is like to go out in the real world? Or even consider facing someone in real life with the comments you make?

If he did say those things to us in real life(something he forgot about a long time ago) he would get a beatdown i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Coyote
Thu, 09-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Real world? whats that?
Sounds scary hehe and there are girls here? *puts his pants on*

Mut
Thu, 09-16-2004, 03:01 PM
you guys are seriously such tools.

My character avatar does have something in common: we both care and protect those that are important to us. He has heart, which is apparently lacking in some people.

Chauvinism is not something you should be proud of.
yeah, i'm a pretty badass behind my comp and i'm also a bigger badass when i'm not behind it. and don't bring up this 'you have no life, go outside and see the real world' crap, that's just dumb. also, never ever have i needed to act differently on the internet, this is how i am in real life. why do people automatically assume that EVERYONE acts different on the internet? it's just completely ignorant to think like that. anyway, call me an ass and what not, but you don't know well so you're in no position to say the stupid crap you do. btw, you're sharp as a marble seeing how you can't understand a joke. it just amazing how you're able to get offended so easily by simple jokes. and i know you're a sandy little vagina because you flipped out at the joke in the "funny stories" thread. you gotta lighten up or you're not gonna make it in the REAL WORLD. the real world isn't all peachy, crude jokes are said and they are laughed at, not lectured on like you have.

If he did say those things to us in real life(something he forgot about a long time ago) he would get a beatdown, and basically he is a coward lol

oh and almost forgot hes obviously compensating for something b/c he needed to make his avatar bigger
i don't know what you're problem is with me. you act like we're some kind of old enemies from high school and we know each other. guess what, i don't know you. don't try to act like smartass either with your stupid sarcasm, it's not funny at all. but hey, why don't you come on irc and we'll talk things out since you seem to have something against me. i'll post up the convo if you have balls to talk to me in a real convo.

EDIT: btw, i'm in #gotwoot

hurry up, you pussy.

animefreak
Thu, 09-16-2004, 03:22 PM
hey, who say girl can't talk. Girl can talk if they wanted to. Without girl life would be nothing.

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 03:48 PM
I can see how you can be so successful in life, Muts, with that attitude of yours and your sharp tongue. You remind me of someone I used to know who thinks he is all that online and talks smack off it. Well, he eventually served a few years of jail time and was deported out of the country.

As I mentioned before, you must be really "popular" with the gals. i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Btw, I am living in the real world, and surviving quite successfully. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jokes are good, when they are in good taste. I admit it was funny, but at the same time, I also admit that the joke was in bad taste, if you were able to understand what I was trying to say.

You have the right to act however you want to act. That is your freedom. Just realize that every time you have something offensive to say, everyone else has the right to voice their opinion as well.

On topic again, does anyone know who those guys in the shadows of the forest were? Were they the bandits or someone completely different?

animefreak
Thu, 09-16-2004, 03:58 PM
i think is that old farmer that betray the village

Mut
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:26 PM
I can see how you can be so successful in life, Muts, with that attitude of yours and your sharp tongue. You remind me of someone I used to know who thinks he is all that online and talks smack off it. Well, he eventually served a few years of jail time and was deported out of the country.

As I mentioned before, you must be really "popular" with the gals.

Btw, I am living in the real world, and surviving quite successfully.

Jokes are good, when they are in good taste. I admit it was funny, but at the same time, I also admit that the joke was in bad taste, if you were able to understand what I was trying to say.

You have the right to act however you want to act. That is your freedom. Just realize that every time you have something offensive to say, everyone else has the right to voice their opinion as well.

On topic again, does anyone know who those guys in the shadows of the forest were? Were they the bandits or someone completely different?
you really do say dumb things. you're telling me an example of someone that i don't know and putting it off as if i can go to jail and get deported or in other words suffer the consequences of having such attitude. but i'm not him so it doesn't matter to me. and why do you keep bringing up popularity with girls? far as i know, you could be stereotypical loser who has never even held a girls hand before, but i'm not judging you on that cuz i don't know that about you so don't judge me if you don't know me either. if you got more to say, come on to #gotwoot, it's always better to be in a real conversation than posting on a forum waiting for a reply

thundrakkon
Thu, 09-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Sure, Muts. I'll re-install mIRC and try to remember how to use it once I get home. Just for you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

As for the reference to my acquaintance, it is just an example of a person with an offensive attitude not ending out too well in life. It does not necessary mean you'll end up like him, but just one person who did. Your attitude just reminds me of him.

As for the girls comment, it was because of your "no girls" comment. It wasn't too nice.

As for my personal life, I'll leave it at that... personal... Nothing can be proved by anything I say anyway.

animefreak, I also remembered when that old farmer was talking to some other farmers in the forest, there was still that shadowy figure, so I don't think its him. I wonder who it could be?

kupalmaru
Thu, 09-16-2004, 08:39 PM
i hope he did mean the latter. then it's all good.

yah, the next 2 epi will be good. the sneak peek into the war...it looked really good.

Oh crap.

I was in the bus, going to school, this morning and I remember what I post last night. I was thinking it maybe interpreted in the wrong way. I don't mean get out becuase your a girl

I mean the latter. Like what Budweineken is saying

Originally posted by: Budweineken
I think he didnt mean to say "to get out"...

i think he meant it in the context of "Get out... you're a girl?"

My bad Sorry

Eurasian
Thu, 09-16-2004, 08:48 PM
don't worry kupalmaru. i already forgot about it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

animefreak
Thu, 09-16-2004, 10:39 PM
hmmm....if is not him, wonder who it it? well...there was 3 farmer that didn't like the idea of fighting the bandit...maybe is one of them. Well....guess the only way to find out is to kept watching...lol

jimmymasaki
Fri, 09-17-2004, 05:03 AM
man, i dont check this thread for one day and look at all the havoc you've created... it's good to have your own opinions.. but may i remind you guys that some people really may wanna find out crap about the anime... either way, each person's different and considering the comment wasn't meant to be offensive (and that was sooo obvious) then perhaps you shouldn't be looking at the way a guy treats a girl but the testosterone in all of you boys.
i always thought it was the traitor farmer guy in the shadows... the shadowy figure when the farmers were in the forest talking, i assumed it was katsushiro... but then again that doesnt make sense does it???
so just coz he wanted to protect kirara from the arrow he got recruited??? that's soooo.. argh! oh well. kanbei's too nice... but he's a good swordsman..

thundrakkon
Fri, 09-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by: jimmymasaki
i always thought it was the traitor farmer guy in the shadows... the shadowy figure when the farmers were in the forest talking, i assumed it was katsushiro... but then again that doesnt make sense does it???
so just coz he wanted to protect kirara from the arrow he got recruited??? that's soooo.. argh! oh well. kanbei's too nice... but he's a good swordsman..

He not only wanted to protect Kirara, but the fact that he was willing to give up his life to protect. That was the key. He had never been in a life or death situation before, so Kanbei did not want someone without the scent of blood with him.

animefreak
Fri, 09-17-2004, 02:04 PM
if Kyuzo and Kambei were to fight, who do u think will win? My bet is on Kyuzo