PDA

View Full Version : Sannin IS NOT a rank.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 06-12-2004, 08:40 AM
People sometimes throw Sannin around as if it is a rank like Kage or Jounin.

Sannin translated to English means Three Ninjas. It refers to the three legendary ninjas, Jiraya, Tsuande and Orochimaru who all seem to be at or above the Kage level.

So no one can really be a sannin, except for those three.

As for Sennin, I think it means hermit, but it also can mean "master" or "sage." That can be a rank, but we've only seen Jiyara call himself Sennin.

PSJ
Sat, 06-12-2004, 09:34 AM
old news, but it needs to be said also you cant say 3 sannin some ppl say this. which means 3 3 ninjas, it doesnt make sense. however sannin is a play on words. sannin used in regular japanese means 3 people but in naruto it is written with the the sign for 3 and then the first kanji from ninja which is nin so it becomes three nin-jas. oh right this isnt something i have checked out myself i read it in a post on the forums.....

Stoopider
Sat, 06-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Indeed mon capitan

Toruxxx
Sat, 06-12-2004, 04:06 PM
that is old news and listen to pervert-sennin he knows what he is talking about

kage_bunshin
Sat, 06-12-2004, 10:39 PM
wtf is the point of this thread.
i think pretty much everyone here knows that by now.
no offense capsule i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

lasaire
Sat, 06-12-2004, 11:20 PM
you are right, this has already been discussed.

For in-depth Jiraiya discussion, search for the Jiraiya's forehead protector thread that I started a month or two ago.

Thread closed.

Uchiha-Itachi
Sun, 06-13-2004, 06:12 AM
Sannin is not a rank true, but their powers are equil to Kage's..

case closed!

jing
Sun, 06-13-2004, 08:51 AM
Are you sure it is not "Sennin". because im pretty sure Sennin means Legendary. Or directly translated "godly man". LOL. "ٺ"

Kale Ironfist
Sun, 06-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Sennin means hermit or sage. thats why ANBU-Aone translate Ero-Sennin as Perverted Hermit
Sannin means three people. or in this case, 3 ninjas

EpoC
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:01 PM
I allready knew that!

But It's good to know for those who don't. ^_^

PSJ
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by: jing
Are you sure it is not "Sennin". because im pretty sure Sennin means Legendary. Or directly translated "godly man". LOL. "ٺ"

did you read the first post? he explained both sannin and sennin.

jing
Mon, 06-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Oh, woah, i guess i missed it. lol....... it was 9:52 am. i was still sleepy i guess.

PSJ
Tue, 06-15-2004, 06:27 AM
lol yea thats why i never go to the forums first thing in the morning i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Everon
Wed, 06-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX
People sometimes throw Sannin around as if it is a rank like Kage or Jounin.

Sannin translated to English means Three Ninjas. It refers to the three legendary ninjas, Jiraya, Tsuande and Orochimaru who all seem to be at or above the Kage level.

I can't remember the last time someone did refer to it as a rank...I guess you just had to get it off you chest. Well Jiraya is also known as Ero Sennin aka Perverted Hermit, and Tsunade is known as the Legendary Sucker. /me wonders what Oro was called? The legendary "i like to disguise like other peeps then pull of the mask halfway through the show"?

jing
Wed, 06-16-2004, 12:31 PM
how about
The Big Gay legendary?

Knives122
Wed, 06-16-2004, 06:27 PM
No, Oro's nickname is the Legendary Drunk, remember what Jiraiya said about the things that make a horrible ninja

Money-Tsunade
Women-Jiraiya
ALCOHOL-Orochimaru

jing
Wed, 06-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
No, Oro's nickname is the Legendary Drunk, remember what Jiraiya said about the things that make a horrible ninja

Money-Tsunade
Women-Jiraiya
ALCOHOL-Orochimaru

OH NO not this again!!!
They only added that in the manga/anime because Jiraiya broke ALL the rules.

Gods_Son
Thu, 06-17-2004, 01:51 AM
I think lasaire forgot to lock this thread

Tofu #2
Sat, 06-19-2004, 01:06 AM
He's most likely taking the biggest shit known to mankind.

+1