PDA

View Full Version : Torrent and HK sites hit by ADV

Lego
Thu, 06-10-2004, 04:14 PM
It seems ADV is makeing its rounds, with its own anti piracy division. Downloadanime,anime.mircx, and i assume bakaupdates will be nailed soon, until they remove all there ADV stuff.

Browseing around some HK sites,seems ADV stopped by them to.

It seems ADV is setting up checkes for their titles, wonder if the other companies, such as : Bandai,Gennon, and others will start this.

lionheart1012000
Thu, 06-10-2004, 04:17 PM
bah! ADV is soooo gay. im starting to hate them just as much as 4kids...damn 4kids...why! why one piece!!! take me instead!!! *goes mental and has a nervous breakdown*

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Does this mean that they're going to take those sites down altogether or is it only to remove the licensed anime?

Lego
Thu, 06-10-2004, 04:21 PM
bah! ADV is soooo gay

nah, just trying to protect their property, like any good corporation.

Does this mean that they're going to take those sites down altogether or is it only to remove the licensed anime?

It seems, there just requesting stuff they own, they send you a list, was reading the letter on the downloadanime

jdmaster
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:22 PM
therer efforts seem rather futile ... they get the odd subber to stop and a billion "underground groups po up , they annoy the odd torrent site but Id like to seem them try and touch the likes of suprnova ... seems to me they are just biding their time until someone actually takes on the inevitable law suit to determine whether listing illegal products non-exclusively is illegal ... which considering the number of precedents there are for this I see as an unlikely victory.

Darkflare
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:26 PM
there are precedents to these types of cases? id like to see some of those cases as i would think they would have grabbed the victory

dormcat
Thu, 06-10-2004, 06:17 PM
All I can say is a Chinese proverb (with my 'twisted' translation i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif): "One small step for law & order, one giant leap for illegitimacy & chaos." ADV's action may just promote moving fansubbing underground.

Unlike ADV, which is solely a US distributer (therefore their action may affect legal rights of non-US fans) and get more money simply by selling more DVD (without paying Japanese production studios for each DVD they sell), Bandai and Geneon are US divisions of their mother companies who produced their anime. They can sell accessories and collectables to compensate their lower-priced DVD, while they need to maintain public relations as well. Keep one eye closed on fansubbing will actually promote future sales.

Spinnel
Thu, 06-10-2004, 10:52 PM
anime.mircx is totally gone...freaky...I wounder what ADV said to them...It's sad that I've lost my main sources of anime...I have avoided getting a job for so long but now I guess i have no choice.

Darkflare
Thu, 06-10-2004, 11:08 PM
i doubt anything that ADV said would have caused the site to completely close down. maybe its just a coincidence or whatnot. usually stuff like this doesnt end in a lawsuit or anything extreme unless the site refuses to remove said content. its usually just asking to remove blah and blah and nothing happens.

jdmaster
Fri, 06-11-2004, 09:02 AM
I have to say Im rather suprised to see theyve hit anime.mircx and downloadanime so hard when they are only a handful of the many torrent listing sites out there (many of which wouldnt listen to ADV or would simply play the jurisdiction card) when subber homepages like anikraze and AF-F openly host and claim to be continueing ADV liscenced series such as chrnno crusade?

.... well Im not complaining or anything .... suprnova can be hell to search through Id much prefer to use their sites , but the source of the problem seems like a more obvious target? , although I guess some subbers play the jurisdiction card too I have some involvement with suteki-yume(small small group) and they use their singapore base to avoid the likes of ADV.

DraGunZer0
Fri, 06-11-2004, 10:07 AM
One more ep left for CC anyways... i hope AF-F will finish it because thats where I'm getting my eps from ^_^

dormcat
Fri, 06-11-2004, 01:28 PM
KAA and Boxtorrents were operational last night, but I can't connect them this morning. I'm afraid that they might have received warnings from ADV as well.

Munsu
Fri, 06-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Isnt Boxtorrents down for maintnance?

Koyuki
Fri, 06-11-2004, 03:47 PM
expect about 48 hours of downtime. i am now waiting for a response to confirm if the email is valid or not. investigating headers in the meantime.. edit: sorry, i edited stuff out but forgot to put it back. short story: ADV contacted me to remove licensed anime.
From downloadanime

List of anime's ADV wants to remove.
Azumanga Daioh
D.N. Angel
Final Fantasy: Unlimited
Full Metal Panic
Gantz
Golden Boy
Gravion
King of Bandit Jing
Martian Successor Nadesico (Nadesico)
Mezzo
Najica (Najica Blitz Tactics)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Evangelion)
Noir
Original Dirty Pair
Peace Maker
Pretear
Princess TuTu
Puni Puni Poemy
Rahxephon
Robotech
Saint Seiya
Sailor Moon
Sakura Wars
Samurai X
Slayers
Spriggan
Steel Angel Kurumi
The Super Milk-Chan Show
Those Who Hunt Elves II
UFO Princess Walkure (UFO Princess Valkyrie) Ushio and Tora
Zaion: I Wish You Were Here, Zone of Enders : Dolores (Z.O.E. Dolores)

Aeon
Fri, 06-11-2004, 05:25 PM
What does HK stand for? I always see people saying they bought HK bootlegs and such but never knew what it meant.

dormcat
Fri, 06-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon
What does HK stand for? I always see people saying they bought HK bootlegs and such but never knew what it meant.
Hong Kong.

BTW, boxtorrent seems to have hardware problem rather than ADV problem.

---- Message from http://www.boxtorrents.com/ ----
boxtorrents is down (title)

sorry for the downtime but we've had a hardware failure.

no ETA on returning, perhaps a few days.

Aeon
Sat, 06-12-2004, 12:27 PM
So simple yet I never thought of that, Thanks for the answer. I thought it was a bad subbing group that charged by the series.

njdevs95
Sat, 06-12-2004, 01:56 PM
No big deal if that's the full list only thing I want off of there is the rest of gantz so hopefully somebody will get them out still.

DraGunZer0
Sat, 06-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Just noticed Slayers was in that list... one of my favorite animes of all time, wondering if anything new is coming out for it after Slayers: Gorgeous movie..

lordks
Sat, 06-12-2004, 08:27 PM
I hope anime.mircx.com/ comes back...I like that site.

Munsu
Sat, 06-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Drag: Wasnt Slayers Premium the latest one? not Gorgeous?

Shuurai
Sun, 06-13-2004, 06:14 AM
yeah premium was the last one i think, If thats the one with Gourry instead of that serpent lady then yeah its the last one.