PDA

View Full Version : What are the lines on Itachi's face?

RekkaShinen
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Ok, just wondering what are those lines between Itachi's eyes? it dosen't look like a scar, more like bone structure or sumthin, is there a reason for it? Cause i did notice Sasuke and Itachi's dad had it too, wonder if there is some significance do that or it's just some thing that is there? though i did notice Jiraiya has similar thing too though.. any ideas?

kage_bunshin
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:25 AM
its probably just something to do with the facial structure. thats all

itachi looks more like his dad
sasuke looks more like his mom

onii
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by: RekkaShinen
Ok, just wondering what are those lines between Itachi's eyes? it dosen't look like a scar, more like bone structure or sumthin, is there a reason for it?
-itachi is sasuke's brother
-they have the same facial structure
-they have the same hairstyle

in fact, they look almost the same.
but itachi is older, and much more experienced that sasuke. those lines on his face are like "wrinkles".

Cause i did notice Sasuke and Itachi's dad had it too, wonder if there is some significance do that or it's just some thing that is there? though i did notice Jiraiya has similar thing too though.. any ideas?
hmm
my dad has lines and wrinkles on his face. i wonder if sasuke's dad has it too? hmmmmmm

oh, jiraiya has wrinkles too? he has white hair too. he must be old. i wonder if old people have wrinkles and lines on their faces? hmmm

-_-;;;

Mut
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:34 AM
examining the lines on characters' faces is a complete over analysis. don't worry about it, it means nothing important.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:41 AM
guess it dosen't mean anything

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by: onii
but itachi is older, and much more experienced that sasuke. those lines on his face are like "wrinkles".

wrinkles usually dont show up like that, it looks like bone structure to me.....
besides, itachi had those in the flashbacks too, and that was when he was the same age as sasuke is now

Jessper
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by: onii

Ok, just wondering what are those lines between Itachi's eyes? it dosen't look like a scar, more like bone structure or sumthin, is there a reason for it?
-itachi is sasuke's brother
-they have the same facial structure
-they have the same hairstyle

in fact, they look almost the same.

Cause i did notice Sasuke and Itachi's dad had it too, wonder if there is some significance do that or it's just some thing that is there? though i did notice Jiraiya has similar thing too though.. any ideas?
hmm
my dad has lines and wrinkles on his face. i wonder if sasuke's dad has it too? hmmmmmm

oh, jiraiya has wrinkles too? he has white hair too. he must be old. i wonder if old people have wrinkles and lines on their faces? hmmm

-_-;;;

Doesn't Itachi seem a little young for wrinkles to you?

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:50 AM
that's what i was thinking..i mean he is 17...what kind of 17 year old has wrinkles

tensai
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:53 AM
its just like narutos wisker like lines, its nothing special
just to make the character look unique i guess

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:53 AM
It's the toll he had to pay for his black heart.

To shinobineko below: Nah, they're just wrinkled old phogies.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:54 AM
lol uchiha, but like rekka said, jiraiya and itachi's dad have the lines too, are you saying the same goes for them? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Edit: lol..

Uchiha-Itachi
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:00 AM
its make up i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif like he paints his finger/toe nails i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:08 AM
lol well yeah it's all made up.. heh are you trying to say he painted that on his face Uchiha-Itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif?

Uchiha-Itachi
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:10 AM
yeh eye-liner i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:11 AM
maybe he consistently sleeps on a jaggedy pillow that leaves marks on his face........who knows?

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:14 AM
hehe eye-liner.... but i think i will stick with 'who knows' =P

EpoC
Thu, 06-10-2004, 04:24 AM
I know a friend that has lines like those, and Saito in Rurouni kenshin aslo have it, so it's just a way a face could look like.

XForce
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:42 AM
Maybe those lines are from Itachi using his Sharingan all the time, and the strain it caused left marks on his face, lol

SK
Thu, 06-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko

and ill stick with who cares i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Kak Worm
Thu, 06-10-2004, 06:23 AM
IMO, I think its just something the author came up with to distinguish Sasuke more from Itachi, since they look so much alike.

Goingin
Thu, 06-10-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko

and ill stick with who cares i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Same for me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Stoopider
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:48 AM
How come nobody but me came to a conclusion, that his scar/eye-liner is caused by using the sharingan too much? Probably made his blood veins around the nose/eyes bigger, or over-stressed using the sharingan too often.

hoppingraptor
Thu, 06-10-2004, 08:17 AM
well, I think you guys overexamine the anime. How can you enjoy it when you look at every little detail and bring it to question? IT'S THE WAY HIS FACE WAS DRAWN!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!!!!! Sorry to dissappoint all you looking for a higher meaning.....i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Stoopider
Thu, 06-10-2004, 10:07 AM
What? How can you enjoy the anime and sit through it mindlessly absorbing everything without contemplating the deeper meaning, and the deeper truth's in all that there is to offer in Anime? lmao.

Anyway, naruto is really really good/fun. There's so much to talk about it. Why keep it in?? Share.. Share.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Darkflare
Thu, 06-10-2004, 10:23 AM
itachi needs botox. perhaps a new nose and a chin lift too.

PSJ
Thu, 06-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
examining the lines on characters' faces is a complete over analysis. don't worry about it, it means nothing important.

you know guys, this basicly means "stop talking about it"

ech3lon
Thu, 06-10-2004, 11:44 AM
i think it is celulite.....

Stoopider
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by: ech3lon
i think it is celulite.....

Hahahahaha. Thats a good one. LoL

BTW, I wonder whether Kisame (Fishface) can breath underwater

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:07 PM
oh well, while we are at it.. stoopider, maybe he can, it does look like he has gills on his face =P

onii
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by: Kak Worm
IMO, I think its just something the author came up with to distinguish Sasuke more from Itachi, since they look so much alike.
Exactly.
I know itachi is still young, and shouldnt have wrinkles, but he IS older than sasuke, and to emphasize that, he has wrinkles. Thats what I meant.

Feannag
Fri, 06-11-2004, 08:38 AM
I thought it was simply done to make him look older/more sinister without making him look ugly as well.

Goingin
Fri, 06-11-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by: Feannag
I thought it was simply done to make him look older/more sinister without making him look ugly as well.

So with that added it makes him an old, sinister ugly gay with painted nails in a dress taking people to his fantasy world and do painful things to em. Together with his loyal fish he crosses land and sea to seek power..

Clear to me i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ssjtrunks585
Fri, 06-11-2004, 05:07 PM
i do believe you all in saying whats the meaning in this...but i wanna get my opinion out: perhaps Itachi stayed up night after night to train and attain the unimaginable strength he now possesses...hence, he gets little or no sleep...face it, if you were that strong, would you give a flying f*** about what you looked like? if anyone asked me what the lines were on my face, i would use Mange and make them suffer for 72 hours...that oughta teach them to be asking crap about me...

rdkenshin
Sat, 06-12-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by: hoppingraptor
well, I think you guys overexamine the anime. How can you enjoy it when you look at every little detail and bring it to question? IT'S THE WAY HIS FACE WAS DRAWN!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!!!!! Sorry to dissappoint all you looking for a higher meaning.....i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

We didnt really overexamine it. The first time I saw him I was like "wtf is up with those lines." I know they are supose to be wrinkles but they dont look normal.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 06-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by: ssjtrunks585
i do believe you all in saying whats the meaning in this...but i wanna get my opinion out: perhaps Itachi stayed up night after night to train and attain the unimaginable strength he now possesses...hence, he gets little or no sleep...face it, if you were that strong, would you give a flying f*** about what you looked like? if anyone asked me what the lines were on my face, i would use Mange and make them suffer for 72 hours...that oughta teach them to be asking crap about me...

LOL! I'd take it a step a furthur. Any spoken language directed towards me would get punished.

Kawaii little kids: Hiiiiiiii mr. !!

Me: WHAT?!? *Pile drives them and parents to the 9th layer of hell* That'll teach you to raise your children with respect.

frexeze
Sat, 06-12-2004, 12:34 PM
no sleep = gaara i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

r3n
Sun, 06-13-2004, 04:36 AM
think the lines are to distinguish between sasuke and itachis age, dont think you should worry about it too much tho i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif