PDA

View Full Version : Konohamaru's Dad

JFDrummer430
Wed, 06-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I was rewatching some episodes the other day and when the Jounins nominate the rookie 9 for the exam, they each state their full name. Asuma's full name is Sarutobi Asuma.

As far as Im aware they never mentioned who 3rds son / Konohamaru's dad was, and the Sarutobi (ala Sarutobi Sensei) part of Asumas name makes me think that maybe its him. There is a slight resemblance. The only problem though, is it seems like they would have mentioned Asuma being Hokages son at some point.

Gods_Son
Wed, 06-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Good for you, but it's already been discovered many times before.

v don't worry about it v

JFDrummer430
Wed, 06-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Ah sorry. Been reading at the forums for awhile and never saw a topic about it.

Well, how about the possibility of the 4th being Narutos dad? (just kidding i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 12:36 AM
just think about it.........have they left even the SLIGHTEST hint that he is konohomaru's dad? for one thing, they wouldve acknowledged in some way about him being the son of the 3rd during the 3rd's funeral, and another is that im sure he wouldve been the one comforting konohomaru instead of iruka during the funeral as well. Maybe its just a common last name, or maybe he's just a nephew of the 3rd......

kage_bunshin
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:27 AM
konohamaru's parents are almost 100% guaranteed they are dead.
else he would be with his parents at the hokage's funeral, not with iruka

Stoopider
Thu, 06-10-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by: kage_bunshin

Hmm. We don't positively know about that. He could be just more attached to Iruka rather than his parents. (Working parents, or probably high on crack n alcohol most of the time).i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I have a feeling Asuma might not be Konohamaru's dad, maybe uncle. Dunno. Not certain either. There's no solid evidence of their family line as of yet, except by their family name.

oldsnail
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by: kage_bunshin

could be that there parents are on a long mission

kaigan
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:53 AM
konohamaru's parent is irrevelant to the story and are not important. therefore they are not worth mentioning.

Goingin
Thu, 06-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by: kaigan
konohamaru's parent is irrevelant to the story and are not important. therefore they are not worth mentioning.

So somehow like Naruto's parents

Stoopider
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:45 AM
And another point to point out, Kakashi said that Asuma and Kurenai looked 'good' together.

Unless having many wives is a custon in Japan.. I don't think he meant that if Asuma's married. Unless Konohamaru's a bastard child or his mother died.

KevKoN
Thu, 06-10-2004, 11:06 AM
3rd Hokage's first name is Sarutobi. Asuma's last name is Sarutobi.

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by: KevKoN
3rd Hokage's first name is Sarutobi. Asuma's last name is Sarutobi.

thats something ive considered myself, but it seems that in anime some people like to refer to others by their last name and junk, especially if its more formal like sensei/pupil

so i didnt bother bringing that option up

kuro
Wed, 06-30-2004, 07:26 PM
no sarutobi is the 3rd Hokages 1st name because during eps 73 or 74 i think when he remembers talking to the 1st and 2nd hokages they call him "saru". i think this was his "pet name" and they would use his 1st name not his family name

lasaire
Wed, 06-30-2004, 11:05 PM
My personal opinion is that Asuma is Konohamaru's uncle.

This, however, has already been discussed very thouroughly. Do a search for the Asuma thread.

kaigan
Thu, 07-01-2004, 05:02 AM
asuma is not related to konohomaru, i don't think. I mean, those 2 have some air time and no clue is mention. which makes me think that they are not related.

Aion
Thu, 07-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Mabye Kono and Naruto are brothers.