PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Why New Episodes Are Messed?

Raiko
Mon, 06-07-2004, 12:56 PM
The encoding on all the new naruto episodes is bad, from ANBU_AonE, (SO), and the other sources, am i missing a codec or something? Please help, this is erally annoying......

Zabuza No Jutsu
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by: Raiko
The encoding on all the new naruto episodes is bad, from ANBU_AonE, (SO), and the other sources, am i missing a codec or something? Please help, this is erally annoying......

are you using DivX to play the files? Or are you using another player?

Mongoose
Mon, 06-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Do you have the right codec, DivX or XVid? Or ffdshow, that seems to cover everything pretty well on Windows.

Pyron
Mon, 06-07-2004, 08:10 PM
your problem is most likely your codecs. there was a post a few months ago with a link to get all the codecs so try and search that one.
there's nothing wrong with the episodes...its just your comp

Ubernaruto
Mon, 06-07-2004, 08:40 PM
i get tried of people saying you don't have the right codecs when even if u have the right codecs these new files dont play right let's face it its due to shitty encoding

miaka
Mon, 06-07-2004, 08:42 PM
i don't think there is anything wrong with the episode... prob just your codec or player

Mongoose
Mon, 06-07-2004, 08:43 PM
I haven't had any problems playing any of the eps (Windows XP, WMP, ffdshow). So, you could have the wrong codecs. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kage_bunshin
Mon, 06-07-2004, 08:49 PM
you probably need ffdshow and xvid

get the links from my sig

Ubernaruto
Mon, 06-07-2004, 08:53 PM
any file that i have trouble with recently i put them in virtualdub and it always the same thing it says virtualdub has detected an improper vbr audio encoding every file that says this gives problems on playback and i have all the lastest codecs

miaka
Mon, 06-07-2004, 08:59 PM
well it prob is that you don't have the right stuff.. or didnt' finish dl..

Ubernaruto
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:18 PM
i redownloaded the same file over and still same problem and ffdshow crashes my pc everytime

Mongoose
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:20 PM
I get that audio error in VirtualDub a lot, too. I don't think it's related to the video codecs; if I recall, it has something to do with mp3 audio encodings for avis inherently having timing inconsistencies or something like that. It's popped up for virtually every anime ep I've tried editing.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:14 AM
i get tried of people saying you don't have the right codecs when even if u have the right codecs these new files dont play right let's face it its due to shitty encoding

Bullshit, if it were shitty encoding, it would be broken for everyone. But no, for most of us, they run perfectly. Its just you and a couple other people that can't make your computers work.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:19 AM
yeah, Darthender is right, if it was the encoding then all of us would have the problem...so something with your computer or something

Y
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:27 AM
No, Bakasan's shitty encoding works great with his poorly written custom Xvid binary, but that's still shit encoding.

Lefty
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Try Downloading VLC when I'm having probs with ep's in quick time nine times out of ten it works perfectly in VLC. It's well worth the download. If that dosn't work then check to see if your video program isn't missing something, reload it, or run a diagnostic to check for a problem. Good luck.

?igma
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
No, Bakasan's shitty encoding works great with his poorly written custom Xvid binary, but that's still shit encoding.

Exept that no-one here is talking about Bakasan and all the episodes work i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Y
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:59 AM
I disproved the idea that shitty encoding has to fuck up for everyone. Way to not get an example.

Assertn
Tue, 06-08-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
I disproved the idea that shitty encoding has to fuck up for everyone. Way to not get an example.

you really like to come up with outrageous opinions, dont you?
since i didnt need any custom "bakasan" codec to view his smoothly, i would say that the version wasnt at all "custom", and probably more like "more recent"

Y
Tue, 06-08-2004, 02:40 AM
Apparently you missed the part where he encoded his own xvid binary.

Really, wtf. Do you think I just made that up? Before he took down the site proper it was a description on what codec of his you needed for his 80 and 81 (I think those were the eps).

I'm sure actual, new xvid binaries and other video codecs solve whatever problems were in it too.

Assertn
Tue, 06-08-2004, 02:43 AM
well i know i didnt use his to view them
and i also know that the same ones i used also worked for that episode that AA released that carried some of the same symptomes of alot of bakasan's.....
would that imply that AA used bakasan's xvid for it?

Y
Tue, 06-08-2004, 02:45 AM
I have no idea.

I just said that the fact that you can fix poor encoding doesn't un-suck it.

Ubernaruto
Tue, 06-08-2004, 06:49 AM
i think its funny how people want to make excuses for shitty encoding im mean let's call a spade a spade its shitty encoding and yes we are all thankful for all of the fansub groups that sub our fav anime but if its a shitty encode its a shitty encode period stop making excuses for shitty encoding dammit

Gaz
Tue, 06-08-2004, 07:30 AM
Hmm someone add a 'links' sticky topic and add this for codecs:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm

Assertn
Tue, 06-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by: Ubernaruto
i think its funny how people want to make excuses for shitty encoding im mean let's call a spade a spade its shitty encoding and yes we are all thankful for all of the fansub groups that sub our fav anime but if its a shitty encode its a shitty encode period stop making excuses for shitty encoding dammit

i dont think you're catching on to what im saying...
im not really sure about what anbu did for the one ep or what bakasan was doin with his, but if it required a more RECENT version of the codec, then wouldnt that mean that the other encodings be on a greater shit factor than the ones in question, since they are done with older codecs?

Ubernaruto
Tue, 06-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

im not really sure about what anbu did for the one ep or what bakasan was doin with his, but if it required a more RECENT version of the codec, then wouldnt that mean that the other encodings be on a greater shit factor than the ones in question, since they are done with older codecs?
all im saying is that if you have for example 2 anime eps encoded with the lastest xvid codec for ex. and one is encoded correctly and plays back fine and the other one with the shitty encoding crashes you pc who's fault is the encoder or the codec

Jessper
Tue, 06-08-2004, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

all im saying is that if you have for example 2 anime eps encoded with the lastest xvid codec for ex. and one is encoded correctly and plays back fine and the other one with the shitty encoding crashes you pc who's fault is the encoder or the codec

The problem is that after everyone got the newest codecs there weren't any(as I recall) complaints about crashing ect so yours seems to be an awfuly rare case which would give the impression that it is not the files fault but your computers. Also Mongoose explained your problem with getting the message about improper encoding.

i redownloaded the same file over and still same problem and ffdshow crashes my pc everytime This brings up another question of your computer, FFDshow doesn't crash anyone else, maybe it IS your computer? Maybe you need FFDshow for the episodes to not crash you and your computers incompatability with that program prevents you from having it so in essence it is your computer.

A case so isolated when there were 40k downloads on an episode a bit ago would say to me it is not the encoding but you via your computer or other problems.

Ubernaruto
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:16 PM
you could have a point there with maybe it could be the pc any ideas of why ffdshow crashes my pc when i try to play a xvid file??