PDA

View Full Version : Are you an Otaku?

Zabuza No Jutsu
Mon, 06-07-2004, 12:51 PM
I hope the poll worked, but i fear it may not have...if it didn't, cud you guys tell me how to make it work? Thanks

L8r
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:05 PM
whats an Otaku?

Jman
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:11 PM
^someone who is very very dedicated to anime/manga.

other definitions would place otaku along the lines of geek/nerd/enthusiast.

Zabuza No Jutsu
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
^someone who is very very dedicated to anime/manga.

other definitions would place otaku along the lines of geek/nerd/enthusiast.

To be more accurate, the ACTUAL definition is Geek/nerd as that is what the word Otaku means in japanese. However, the USA has taken the word and turned it into one of their own (US is soo biast towards itself lol) and uses it to describe someone who loves manga/anime.

Stoopider
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:55 PM
What quantifies me as a Otaku?

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I wish I had the time to be. I guess at heart I am, but life keeps getting in the way. Stupid life.

SamuraiOdin
Mon, 06-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Actually, the textbook definition of Otaku is Home/Household (polite style of speech). Both languages though have changed this into a slang definition of a geek or nerd type person that is very into anime/manga.

Edit: Something just occurred to me... why is this in the Naruto section and not in "General Discussion" (or if you want to stretch it, General Anime even)?

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 06-07-2004, 03:20 PM
except that in Japan it has stronger negative connotation

Goingin
Mon, 06-07-2004, 03:45 PM
I love anime, but ffs, I AM NOT A NERD!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Go wash ur mouth youngman! (or old geezer.. i/expressions/devil.gif )

Pyron
Mon, 06-07-2004, 04:29 PM
i really like watching anime but that's what i like doing when i have nothing else to do. its not like i'll cancel out on going clubbing for anime haha

Arcn3ss
Mon, 06-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Ya iam an otaku...hardcore

I only talk about it online...I normally dont stay anything to anyone about anime. Not like they understand anyways, nor do i really care to explain it to them.

I watch it all the time...and keep to myself..Iam quite antisocial =P I love being alone rather then in a group. Just sitting at home watching anime. I've normally canceled plans cuz i rather watch anime. Ya iam obsessed I can admit it...but i aint changing XD

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 12:10 AM
you don't have to change if you don't want to i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

miaka
Tue, 06-08-2004, 12:11 AM
yup yup

miaka
Tue, 06-08-2004, 12:24 AM
by the way.. i saw the same one in the naruto one

Assertn
Tue, 06-08-2004, 02:38 AM
thats cause the mods moved it

offtopic: might i say that i find that sig of yours, Haku_san, to be very nostalgic of the old gotwoot days i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

sexy_no_jutsu
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:08 AM
i used to be a little, but not anymore. can't say i wanna be an otaku.

Arcn3ss
Tue, 06-08-2004, 09:44 AM
AssertnFailure - 06/08/2004 03:38 AM

offtopic: might i say that i find that sig of yours, Haku_san, to be very nostalgic of the old gotwoot days

Heh I like the sig so when the new forum came I kept it (I had to resize it tho...) And it has nothing to do with the fact I cannot change my profile now i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Ahh the good old days...I remember when there was Gundam SEED threads left, right and centre. "The who do you think it gonna die threads". I so called one of them i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif Heh. When gotwoot members, recieved the naruto episode releases first, before it was placed for public download.

Ah memories of a Got Woot, long since passed yet never forgotten.

Assertn
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:17 PM
turning topics into chatrooms as people wait for the next episode to come out? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Arcn3ss
Tue, 06-08-2004, 03:29 PM
heh...

Ya would try to post an answer to the question you last saw, but when you did get around to posting it you would end up on another page. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif It indeed was chatroom like.

ah the old gotwoot... =D

MrKillington
Tue, 06-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I remember all that. Staying up until 3 AM spamming the forums the whole time speculating about the Ep and wondering about if Naruto would be picked up for NA release. I wonder if terracosmo remembers me XD

r3n
Wed, 06-09-2004, 04:32 AM
most of my friends know i like anime, but i dont go talking about it when im out with them cos they think its a tad sad. mind you most ppl think that even tho theyve only ever seen pokemon or something equally lame. i showed a couple of em the gaara - rock lee fight and they were like "ok that was pretty cool".

Shadow-wolf
Wed, 06-09-2004, 06:17 AM
I haven't got a costume yet.

Lefty
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by: r3n
most of my friends know i like anime, but i dont go talking about it when im out with them cos they think its a tad sad. mind you most ppl think that even tho theyve only ever seen pokemon or something equally lame. i showed a couple of em the gaara - rock lee fight and they were like "ok that was pretty cool".

You could convert a moremen with that fight, I cried out of pure joy when I saw the fight. But yeah I've been an anime junky since i was like five with the likes of Robotech(Macross) and Voltron. I miss the good old days take me away SDF1.