PDA

View Full Version : Sig and Avatar help

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:14 PM
ignore the post count but i am quit noob in this forum. i need a couple of info regarding sig and avatar

1)how big can my avatar be and what is the recommended size

2)where do i go to load up my avatar after webhosting it in a webhosting site

3)how big can my sig be and what is the recommended size

3)where do i go to load up my sig after webhosting it in a webhosting site

4)any recommended webhosting site i need to be aware of??

pls help me out here

NM
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by: Nara Shikamaru VI
ignore the post count but i am quit noob in this forum. i need a couple of info regarding sig and avatar

1)how big can my avatar be and what is the recommended size

2)where do i go to load up my avatar after webhosting it in a webhosting site

3)how big can my sig be and what is the recommended size

3)where do i go to load up my sig after webhosting it in a webhosting site

4)any recommended webhosting site i need to be aware of??

pls help me out here

ok, here we go:
1) I dont think there is a size limit to your avatar but you have to make sure it is not animated.

2) Your avatar pic should be saved in your computer. You dont have to host it anywhere. To upload your avatar, go here: http://avatars.gotwoot.net/

3) Your sig limit is 400 X 80

4) To load your sig, simply go to your profile. To load the sig up, do this: <*img src="LINKHERE"> Ignore the asterisk I put there but make sure you put everything else (where it says LINKHERE, insert the link to where your sig is located).

5) For my sig, I use photobucket. www.photobucket.com

Just to let you know, some of your questions have already been answered. When you go on to the forums, on the top, there should be some GotWoot updates or something and it says "Sigs are back!!!".

Nara Shikamaru VI
Fri, 06-11-2004, 08:59 AM
many thanks

NM
Fri, 06-11-2004, 11:22 AM
No problem, but like I said before, if you have any other questions on avatars or sigs, Ciber should have already answered them in that "Sigs Are Back!!!" update.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 06-12-2004, 09:11 AM
ok i've uploaded my avatar but it's not showing up

i've set my avatar to default and then i've upload it. am i missing something??

NM
Sat, 06-12-2004, 12:57 PM
First you should have uploaded the avatar you wanted from your computer (from that site of gotwoot I gave you). Then that pic should show up and next to it, There will be an empty circle that says Current. Click on that circle, then click on Upload Avatar and that should do it.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sun, 06-13-2004, 09:10 AM
nvm.....got it workin

cheers bud

NM
Sun, 06-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Cheers i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/beer.gif

Nara Shikamaru VI
Tue, 06-15-2004, 09:43 AM
ok u know the feelin when u've got a piece of apple pie, u just want the rest of the pie?? the feeling of discontent?? now i am experiencing it. i've now got the avatar to work and now i want a sig...so i am workin on it but the problem with it is that when u said the sig should be 400X80 is that in cm or pixel?? i dont really know how to use photoshop so i dont know which should i set when i open a new file. 400 cm X 80 cm or others??

stos289
Tue, 06-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Well, a sig should be 400x80 pixels not centimeters. If you would like to learn how to make a sig using Photoshop 7, DraGunZer0 has made a tutorial on this which you can find here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=10650&enterthrea d=y). Just follow his step by step instructions and you should be fine. Hope I could help.

Nara Shikamaru VI
Wed, 06-16-2004, 02:54 AM
yeah been there but everyone said 400X80 and i didnt know what was it. yeah i am a computer noob

anyway thanks. now i can make my sig in peace