PDA

View Full Version : who do you most respect from naruto

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:51 PM
i choose naruto... ^_^ he went through a lot.. and is learning a bunch

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Hmm..well there are a number of characters I respect from Naruto... but I just voted for 3rd.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif he was a good hokage.. but also naruto though..because he was able to change many people...and 4th.. -.-

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:08 PM
3rd.

GreenSpan
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:09 PM
I voted Haku, because of his devotion as Zabuza's tool and his whole story it was the most fascinating storyline in any anime I have ever seen. It made me feel very sad when I saw the whole Haku and Zabuza story

Gods_Son
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Kakashi

Kyoske
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:14 PM
I respect Hinata the most, because she tried so hard to change after the Neji fight.

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:15 PM
hmm do have a point.. i will add her on the list

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:16 PM
yeah..Hinata Tried so hard

Nai
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Orochimaru. He knows what he wants and will do anything to achieve his goals. People and friends are just rescources for him. I respect that type of ambition, it's quite inspiring.

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:37 PM
... i think that's more of harsh cold ppl than respectful person...

NM
Sun, 06-06-2004, 07:58 PM
I respect the 3rd Hokage more. He was old but he still gave it his all in the fight against Orochimaru and the 1st and 2nd Hokage. And he fought to keep all of the people of Konoha alive. He kept their priorities first in his fight.

deadlydreamx
Sun, 06-06-2004, 08:06 PM
I would have to say Iruka.. he stayed by naruto's side even though kyubi killed his parents

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 08:36 PM
yeah Iruka is pretty cool in that sence, being kind to Naruto after everything that happened

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 08:41 PM
yea.. iruka is kewl

i m gonna add him

Masamune
Sun, 06-06-2004, 08:50 PM
going with the 3rd

he rocked , kind powerful caring gaurdian style

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:32 PM
i chose 4th dunno why just felt like it but now i think about it it would have been good if chose naruto tooi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:34 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif yea i think 4th is a kewl one too... died to protect the village.... T_T

^_^ hope they tell us more about him

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:42 PM
that'll most likely around naruto's end i think

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:59 PM
then that's a long way's away...

Shadow-wolf
Sun, 06-06-2004, 10:24 PM
All the ninjas listed on the tomb that Kakashi visits. The ones that gave their lives for the village.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Rock Lee. He came from nothing, and seemed like he would forever be nothing. He worked and worked, and finally, became something awesome. He would have owned neiji. In fact, he would have owned anyone other than gaara. Rock Lee is the epitomy of what it is to go against the odds.

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:08 PM
then yaaaay for the listed ninjas

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Nara Shikamaru.
He's not consumed by emotion, especially not silly things like pride and honor. He is ALWAYS calm and collected.

Even if he is lazy, he doesn't abandon his friends, and fulfills his obligations.

That and he is very smart.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:22 PM
yeah, i give rock lee a lot of credit for all the hard work he did

Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:28 PM
rock lee... because he came from nothing... as mentioned above
because i consider hard work an acquired attribute and not a talent

SofaKing
Mon, 06-07-2004, 12:20 AM
No Itachi listed?

He beat the hell out of Sasuke. I respect that.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 06-07-2004, 12:26 AM
lol. That's commendable, and he gets tremendous respect from me.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:47 AM
lol...i guess miaka should add Itachi for the sasuke haters or something

Uchiha-Itachi
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:18 AM
..or the itachi fanboys i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Anyways i respect Hokage, he was a very honourable shinobi.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:20 AM
heh, yeah that too. ^^

Assertn
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:33 AM
mizuki because of the bravery he showed in breaking the rule and telling naruto he was a demon fox....

thats just like going up to the 3rd and slapping him across the face i/expressions/beer.gif

?igma
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:37 AM
jiraiya i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif , He might not be all that serious all the time, but he is training Naruto!!<---..and if that doesnt make you respect him.... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 06-07-2004, 03:42 AM
might as well just list every character i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Shuurai
Mon, 06-07-2004, 07:13 AM
I vote Kakashi from what i can gather from the information in episode 80 that he has lost somone precious to him either a friend or family also when he was fighting zabuza he said he wouldent let anyone on his team die.

Stoopider
Mon, 06-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Her Undying fanatical love love passion for Sasuke-kun makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

So much so, she was willing to sacrifice her hair and being slimed by sand for Sasuke was as like the Passion of Christ on the cross dying for all the sins of mankind.

Thus, from the clear and evident proof from above I respect Sakura-chan the most. And so must you all. If not you must all die a slow and painful death.

Goingin
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:17 AM
I must say i respect all the Konoha ninja's cause every one of them is prepared to set their lives on the line to defend their home-ground.

phasev
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:40 AM
I picked Rock Lee because he is hardworking and dedicated to his work.

kupalmaru
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:46 AM
I respect the "The Fourth" he sacrifice his life to save the village. Your respected people may be dead if not for him.

The Third is good but he is old though. He is getting close in resting.

The Fourth is younger than the three Sannin and the The third

Go Fourth

thebaze
Mon, 06-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Rock Lee b/c he rocks! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif And him & his sensei are hilarious together with the thumbs up/smile/pride thing they have goin.

Assertn
Mon, 06-07-2004, 11:45 AM
i also respect the old guy that was taking the 1st part of the chuunin exam, for making a bold fashion statement with a sweater vest

chambers
Mon, 06-07-2004, 11:47 AM
what about iruka? to take in an orphan and raise him when he (kinda) was responsible for the murder of his parents. gotta give him his dues.

random
Mon, 06-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Tsunade, for never giving up on her dreams of gambling, even though she's the legendary loser.. haha

miaka
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:07 PM
lol.. i m not adding anymore ppl.. and for sakura fans.. there isnoway i m adding sakura... V_V....

you guys are very funny though.. LOL

RekkaShinen
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:30 PM
I would say Naruto, for stealing Sasuke's first kiss away from Sakura i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif plus the face he had was priceless

saeadeb
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:30 AM
I forget if I asked this before, I think I forgot to. If Naruto is the 4th's kid then I wonder if he would be able to become as powerful as the 4th without kyubii (however you spell that). Anyway, I understand Naruto's character and the desire to be noticed and appriciated, so he gets my vote. He is the polar opposite of a coward.

miaka
Tue, 06-08-2004, 01:31 AM
we do not know the relationship between the 4th and naruto

miaka
Tue, 06-08-2004, 08:25 PM
i can't edit or add any polls so don't ask me to add anyone or anything..

Edit: looks like it's just computer prob.. @_@ dunno what happened..

Goingin
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:01 AM
I wanna pick Sakura, but she aint in the list!

i/expressions/devil.gif

Just kidding Miaka i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:09 AM
not good to joke around about sakura with miaka..i do remember her getting violent about it once i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

miaka
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:10 AM
you wanna die? going in i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif... you must have a death wish..

edit: it doesn't matter... ^_^ cause i own a helicoptor...

Goingin
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Hehe, i did check ur profile first to see where u live

And that's nowhere near me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

[lots of edits removed]

miaka
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:20 AM
ok.. from no on.. let's use editing option.. since ppl will get mad at us.. if we post a lot.. i wrote my answers in editing

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:32 AM
this is interesting, with all the edits...=P

z0diac
Thu, 06-10-2004, 09:54 AM
3rd, he was what being Hokage was all about. loving your village and protecting everyone in it. he was very unselfish and heroic *sniff*

miaka
Mon, 10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i would like to see more votes on here..

so many kewl characters in naruto.. don't you guys agree?

Cyrano
Mon, 10-18-2004, 10:25 PM
I respect Kabuto. He got beaten by Naruto and still found the courage to live with the shame.

KaneInferno
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:00 PM
i chose sasuke. he is far from my favorite character, but he at least know that he sucks and hes trying to always improve himself.

jing
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Rock Lee, hard working type.

Jman
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:08 PM
i also have respect for lee. all the characters have some drama/hard life experience to deal with but lee's journey really shows how hardwork can pay off. i mean he can't use chakra to do jutsus but still manages to make up for it by training hard.

miaka
Mon, 10-18-2004, 11:48 PM
^_^ yeah... if he continues to work hard.. i think he would at least be in gai's level.. ^_^ even without genjitsu or ninjutsu

nests
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:06 AM
defently the 3rd hokage he seem like he was a nice fellow.

miaka
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:22 AM
^_^ realized that tsunade wasn't there since she wasn't introduced at the time i made this.. i believe.. ... so.. she is added... now

Elite Hentai
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:56 AM
All the summoned creatures because they help the ninja's without getting something in return.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 10-19-2004, 03:04 AM
hmm well there is a hint that Manta gets something in return for being summoned though...when Oro summoned him he said he wanted 100 person sacrafice (or something similar) so seems at least he gets something i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ZakuHan
Tue, 10-19-2004, 03:45 AM
Haha Manda demands those sacrifices for being disturbed, it's not really a tribute i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Anyway I chose Tsunade.. She ditched the lifestyle she had lived for 30 some years (I think?) to return to her hometown and take up the title of Hokage, even though just a week before had completely disdained the idea. And she didn't let the idea of seeing her lost loved ones again persuade her into making a deal that would not only leave her high-and-dry, but probably lead to the ultimate destruction of Konoha.

It was a tie between her and Rock Lee.. Others said it earlier, but considering he's only like 14, he's got an immense sense of devotion to his beliefs and a healthy dose of self-respect. That, and he just kicks ass.

Nice thread to revive by the way i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Darthmoe
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:38 PM
How do you vote in the poll ?

Terracosmo
Tue, 10-19-2004, 12:44 PM
I picked Rock Lee for reasons stated but I'd like to change it to 3rd Hokage. ;D Any of those 2.

wirm
Tue, 10-19-2004, 01:07 PM
I voted for Rock Lee because of his work ethic. But the 3rd and 4th deserve special attention too. It doesn't get much more noble than sacrificing your life to defend the village.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 10-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Chose the 4th... he went out in an awesome way... the hand seal was don... and he was on a summon... plus his pose before he died was also don...

Just don....

TruthofMistake
Tue, 10-19-2004, 09:51 PM
i chose the third but rock lee was a close second....

miaka
Tue, 10-19-2004, 10:22 PM
btw.. i noticed that nobody is voting for itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif but so many ppl requested before... @_@ i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif and gai too... T_T those poor characters

Raposo_C
Tue, 10-19-2004, 10:25 PM
Since I can't vote (don't know how to vote on the poll) I would have to say the Third, he was the perfect image of underestimating your opponent when fighting Oro, i mean, when I saw him drop to the ground and kick out at Oro's feet after they had been talking about his age I think it was, it was just cool a classic show of underestimating your opponent. Oh and also he was really cool.

Kakashi and Rock Lee were tied at a close second. Kakashi is just cool (facing an opponent who was a ANBU team leader at 13 and not only that, has mastered Sharingen and is a Type-S ninja is no small feat ... also memorizing 1000 jutso's) and Rock Lee because of everything everybody has already stated, the guy works so hard you just can't help but respect him.

Mut
Tue, 10-19-2004, 10:30 PM
to vote, just go to the first page of the thread and right above the first post there will be a list of options you can click on. then just click on submit/vote/or whatever the button says to vote.

anyway, i voted for kakashi.

Eurasian
Tue, 10-19-2004, 10:54 PM
i was debating between 3rd or 4th. i chose 4th in the end. protecting the village earns respect from me.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Tue, 10-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Thin its up to me to bring shino into this he really likes to fight and is damn smart

kAi
Wed, 10-20-2004, 12:41 AM
i really respect itachi for killing his family. a brave move. heh

nah ummm...prob sandaime, or yondaime., protecting there village and stuff, and tough decisions that need to be made.

Shippou-sama
Wed, 10-20-2004, 12:49 AM
It's actually quite hard for me to pick any one person. I'm close to saying Naruto, partly because I will always and forever favor the main character over the secondaries. Period. However, I do have to recognize that half the reason he keeps gaining more respect from me is because he blows away everyone's expectations . . . but that's only because they're so low to begin with. =\

So I'd have to say honestly, Rock Lee. I just think the fact that he's able to give it his all no matter what, and totally devote himself to getting better . . . well, I wish I had that kind of discipline. Not for martial arts, or jutsu, just the ability to push myself that hard towards anything. Eh, that's all.

Ponderer
Wed, 10-20-2004, 12:50 AM
I think I'm going to have to go with the squirrel that rode on Rock Lee's shoulder during the second phase of the Chuunin exam.

Before he knew there was an explosive tag on him, he ran towards Sakura in an effort to warn her of the danger. One could say he was simply scavenging for food, but if so then why would he charge headlong into a group of humans, far larger creatures than he? No, he was no ordinary squirrel. He was a squirrel on a mission. But Sakura would not listen, in fact she threw a kunai at him! But did he give up? No, not that mighty squirrel, he instantly sought out other help. In his search he came upon Rock Lee, catching leaves for Sakura's love. Before he could signal him for help the explosive note attached to his back lit afire, and incapacitated him with agony. Rock Lee, seeing his dilemna saved him. The squirrel, upon seeing the fallen leaf was overcome by Lee's act of kindness as he sacrificed his own goals and risked the future love of Sakura to save him. True to his mission he informed Rock Lee of where to go to save Sakura, which allowed Lee to intervene on her behalf just in time, and buy precious moments needed for Sasuke's reawakening. The squirrel, once trained but later cast aside by Orochimaru for his ability to foresee the future, set them all on a course that he hoped would eventually lead to Orochimaru's undoing...

Oh wait, none of that probably ever happened at all.

Nevermind then, I'm gonna go with Maito Gai. It's not the handstand walking, it's not the herculean thickness of his eyebrows, nor is it the fire which erupts from his eyes when he shines with rivalry. No, it's because when you can walk around town in a tight green jumpsuit, still so secure in your masculinity that you have a pose which you are proud to show off, then you've got some kind of unbeatable mojo. It may shock, even terrify those who look upon it, but it's something you've just gotta respect.

Hotsuma
Wed, 10-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Gai-sensei w/what Ponderer said.

miaka
Wed, 10-20-2004, 01:04 AM
^_^ yeah.. gai is kewl... especially the way he helps Lee to achieve his goal.. and gives him strength to not to give up.. and shows him the way..

he's a good teacher..^^ even though.. he seems to like LEE too much some times.. or vice verse.. lol..

Shippou-sama
Wed, 10-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Admittedly, the only thing that took Gai off the top 3 was his semi-akward relationship with Lee. Well, it's akward to me. (Did I spell akward right? I always wonder about that . . .)

But yeah, I do respect Gai, just not as much as others. Good points all, though.

ZakuHan
Wed, 10-20-2004, 05:40 AM
Haha nicely said Ponderer. But Gai does deserve a lot of respect as a teacher, even if he does neglect his other two students nowadays for Lee hehe.

And it's "Awkward."

basey44
Wed, 10-20-2004, 07:47 AM
kakashi, he was strong enough to continue to live and fight when everyone he has ever loved and cared about has died. also he would willingly and immediately sacrifice himself to save anyone else

chambers
Wed, 10-20-2004, 10:42 AM
wtf? we only kinda know of ONE person who has died maybe you can count the 3rd for two people but thats it. and as for sacrificing his life, i dont think this has been proved at all, in fact the only time he dies anythign remotley like this is facing itachi (and my personal belief is because he doesnt realize just how powerfull itachi is) countering that time we have him pissing in his pants and not attacking oro when he coudl end it all there and then on the slight chance he win.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 10-20-2004, 02:04 PM
I voted for Lee, everyone here already said all the reasons why he is the most respectable. So I'll just leave it at that.

Originally posted by: chambers
wtf? we only kinda know of ONE person who has died maybe you can count the 3rd for two people but thats it. and as for sacrificing his life, i dont think this has been proved at all, in fact the only time he dies anythign remotley like this is facing itachi (and my personal belief is because he doesnt realize just how powerfull itachi is) countering that time we have him pissing in his pants and not attacking oro when he coudl end it all there and then on the slight chance he win.

Once again chambers, you're watching your own version of Naruto. First of all how many times has it been said that all of Kakashi's friends and family are dead? A lot. Maybe you should go back and watch the show again before you post idiotic things. We don't know any of his dead friends personally, but we do know that they are dead. Kakashi would sacrafice his life just like the 3rd did because that's the kind of ninja he is. And the reason he didn't try to fight Oro is because he knew that there was no chance in hell he would be able to kill him. He doesn't have any god technique like the third, he would have just been killed and he would have failed to stop oro.

Edit: He wouldn't sacrafice himself for some person on the street he never met. But if it was someone he cared about or was important then he would.

JKD
Wed, 10-20-2004, 04:31 PM
I voted for Rock Lee because I think he is the most hard working, determined character in the show. He basically proved everyone wrong about not being a great ninja using only taijutsu. He proved to everyone that hard work and determination will pay off.

miaka
Wed, 10-20-2004, 04:59 PM
wow.. this poll is comming out pretty good... we have a tie.. it seems... wow... ^_^ wonder who will win the final poll

Deblas
Wed, 10-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Naruto cause all thats he's been through but he never gives up

Hollow
Wed, 10-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Gotta be Kiba. Anybody who uses urine in battle deserves respect.

Munsu
Wed, 10-20-2004, 11:58 PM
WTF is Sakura... Sakura would own that poll

Utaman
Thu, 10-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Hrmmm, good poll.

It was close for me, but I went with the 3rd. The 4th and Lee were a very close tied second. Someone who lays down their life to protect the village, gotta have a lot of respect. He only nudged out the 4th because I knew more about Sarutobi than the 4th.

Konohamaru
Thu, 10-21-2004, 05:10 PM
I voted for the 3rd also, he put his all in the fight against Oro dispite his disadvantages (old age) even tho is took like 5 shows for him to die, lol. I'd pick Rock too for his efforts of being a non magic user.

JKD
Thu, 10-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: Utaman
Hrmmm, good poll.

It was close for me, but I went with the 3rd. The 4th and Lee were a very close tied second. Someone who lays down their life to protect the village, gotta have a lot of respect. He only nudged out the 4th because I knew more about Sarutobi than the 4th.

That's a good point, I change my pick to any hokage, but Lee deserves a lot of respect..I mean he opened 5 out 8 gates..that's just amazing

miaka
Thu, 10-21-2004, 11:25 PM
hmm.. would like to see what realy happen to 4th though... i wonder if they will ever show it...

thorn009
Fri, 10-22-2004, 06:50 PM
i my self voted for lee not only because he is a hardworker but he is a hilerious guy and he is my favorite naruto character.^_^

animefreak
Sat, 10-23-2004, 11:13 PM
i respect lee....is shows that he has potential to be a man.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 10-24-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by: miaka

I respect Naruto also. Most people would be scarred from being abandoned and rejected since birth.
But Naruto holds on to his optimism, and still cares about the people in his village.
He never gives up, never feels sorry for himself, and always loyal to his friends.

Primary_Lotus
Wed, 10-27-2004, 07:33 PM
I gotta go with Rock Lee. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif He's incredibly devoted to his practice, having taken on Gai's Rule training method. I mean common, Genius of Hard Work.

miaka
Wed, 10-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by: CapsuleCorpJX

Originally posted by: miaka

I respect Naruto also. Most people would be scarred from being abandoned and rejected since birth.
But Naruto holds on to his optimism, and still cares about the people in his village.
He never gives up, never feels sorry for himself, and always loyal to his friends.

yes.. unlike sasuke and gaara , he decided to take a positive approach.. rather than saying you hurt me i will hurt you too.. he decided to make them respect him by becomming hokage, and is so strong willed about it no matter how difficult it was for him..(expecially when he was in academy.. was a dropout.)

and he grew up so much.. from being drop out who couldn't even do bushins to one who can do rasengon.. A+ level technique

drcitan
Wed, 10-27-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Iruka b/c he acknowledged naruto and helped shaped naruto into what he is today. And also because he makes a good father figure and teacher.

Board of Command
Wed, 10-27-2004, 11:29 PM
I vote Iruka. He took a huge pinwheel in the spine! And he's still standing like nothing happened! He's the real ironman in Naruto.