PDA

View Full Version : help help

msred
Sun, 06-06-2004, 10:53 AM
i was running azureus 2.1.0.0 and then i was downloading Tenjou Tenge the second episode and i cancelled the download and i tried to delete the incomplete file but i get this message saying it cannot be delete because it is still in use or protected and it lags my computer and causes problem when i try to reboot or shut down some programs doesnt close right, also i uninstalled azureus to see if that will help but i still get the same problem, so i was wondering if anyone can help me solve this problem i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif .. thank you

stos289
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Okay here's what you should do. First uninstall Azerus (which you did) and reboot your computer. After you have done that make sure that it is completly uninstalled. Go to Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs to check if Azerus is there. If its its still there then remove it. After that go to the task manager (press ctrl,alt,delete) and go to applications first to see if its running. If it is, then end task. Then go to processes and check if its running in the background there. By this time, it should be completly gone from your system. If its still there, then "end task" it and close the window. Now try to delete the incomplete file. If you still get the error, then you'll probably have to wait untill the whole download is over and then delete it if you want. If I could suggest something, I would use the official Bittorrent client which you can find here (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html). This client does not save incomplete files, it either downloads the whole thing or nothing. However, you can restart your download from where you left off if you wanted. Hope I could help.

msred
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:28 PM
thanks ill try that