PDA

View Full Version : good anime?

rIcK
Sat, 06-05-2004, 06:00 PM
ive watched all naruto episodes up to 86
all full metal alchemist episodes up to 33
all kenshin episodes
all full metal panic episodes ( both series ) i enjoyed all of these

i have started downloading a few yumeria and gantz episodes gantz seems ok and yumeria is just weird.
with some funny bits

anyway what would be a good anime to watch and try out based on what i have already seen , my favourite up till now is probably full metal alchemist

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 06:05 PM
How about Gungrave, Samurai Champloo, or One Piece

Koyuki
Sat, 06-05-2004, 06:24 PM
What about Get Backers, Peace Maker, Tenjou Tenge, Berserk or Ragnarok?

Shadow-wolf
Sat, 06-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Shura no Toki and Hunter X Hunter

Adonai
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:19 AM
Maby its a bit late but I think Great teacher onizuka is a fine optioni/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

XwingRob
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Watch Tenjou Tenge! Its frickin awesome!!!

AkimichiChouji
Tue, 06-08-2004, 03:35 PM
How bout Nadesico...good ole Nadesico and im sorry but im bringing it up again, but Evangelion is also great....what exactly are you looking for in an anime?

Aeon
Tue, 06-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Some anime that weren't already mentioned that are good include Baku Tenshi, Chrno Crusade, and Scrapped Princess, but I agree with ShinobiNeko list also.

Lefty
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:19 PM
GITS SAC is also a great series, and I agree with XwingRob Tenjou Tenge is frigin awsome.

ExTREm-San
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Tenjou Tenge is great. Ikkitousen to.

Scrapped princess.

Darkflare
Wed, 06-09-2004, 10:59 PM
I also agree with scrapped princess. get backers too. great teach onizuka live action was fun too.

Raven
Wed, 06-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Samurai Champloo is great so far.

ScudBoy
Wed, 06-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Judging about what youve allready posted, Kenran Butoh Sai is good for an action comedy mech series, Shura no Toki is a great martial arts swordpplay series, also check out the Ninja Scroll series & Tenjou Tenge for some good chop saki.
Gantz is great is you like really dark comedies- It's kinda of like Survivor meets Men in Black if written by Charles Manson & directed by David Lynch.
Kono Munikukumo Utsukushiii Swkai is really good too, a realy well written action dramadey from Gainax.
If you really want to get into anime, check out the classics:
Anything from Katsuhiro Otomo, Hyao Miyazaki, Massamuni Shirow ,or Mamoro Oshi
Any thing with Macross in the title
OVA series like gunbuster, gunsmith cats, gundam 0080, 0083, and 08th series,
and movies like Akira, Ninja Scroll, Fist of the Northstar, Legend of the Mystical Ninja (aka Dagger of Kamui), and Wicked City

Also, browse this board for about 20+ other topida like this one for other ideas i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Gods_Son
Thu, 06-10-2004, 12:25 AM
Gungrave, Samurai Champloo, One Piece, and Tenjou Tenge are all good recent ones.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:15 AM
go to Boxtorrents (http://www.boxtorrents.com) or to KickAssAnime (http://www.kickassanime.tk) and just choose some completed anime there to download, any random anime will do great, and you probably want something completed, and not an anime with 4 episodes so far...

for action series, get Hunter X Hunter and Flame of Recca, along with Naruto, One piece and Kenshin, they are the elite of long running action animes... (don't know about the new action animes), and are fairly enjoyable.

Chiyo
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:24 PM
Inuyasha, Chrno Crusade, get backers, samurai champloo, juuni kokki,Gensoumaden saiyuki, saiyuki reload, kyou kara maou, gundam seed, hunter x hunter and there are still many more ^^

hikaru004
Thu, 06-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Texhnolyze, Interlude OVA, Gokusen Live Action, Gokusen, Macross Zero also.

Shadow-wolf
Thu, 06-10-2004, 11:06 PM
For something off the wall (and addictive) try the Prince of Tennis.

Aeon
Fri, 06-11-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by: hikaru004
Texhnolyze, Interlude OVA, Gokusen Live Action, Gokusen, Macross Zero also.

Did Interlude ep 2 ever come out? I remember watching it months ago and it reminded me of The Matrix and Resident Evil but I don't remember ep2 ever coming out.

Eternal_Star
Fri, 06-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Inuyasha, Naruto, Prince of Tennis, Fushigi Yuugi, and Tokyo Underground is pretty good.

DraGunZer0
Fri, 06-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Initial D if you like cars,
Chrono Crusade if you like sexy nuns kicking ass with a demon partner,
Prince of Tennis if you like.. wel.. tennis,
Tokyo Underground for a nice action special power/ability anime,
Samurai Champloo if you like Cowboy Bepop style craziness and scratch music,
Tenjou Tenge for a badass action anime that is similar to the korean or chinese movie volcano High but with a much better plot,
Condor Hero for a nice old school anime with a crazy plot (if only the subbers would work more on it.)
Bakuretsu Tenshi for a chick with guns flick umm... dunno what else... thats all I can think of at the moment

Aeon
Fri, 06-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Tokyo Underground for a nice action special power/ability anime
Think I'll check that out myselfi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Xollence
Fri, 06-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Isn't Tokyo Underground hentai?

rIcK
Sat, 06-12-2004, 10:39 PM
just watched all current episodes of gantz 1-9 and tenjou tenge 1-8 tenjou tenge is awesum so far gantz aint bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

im gonna download gungrave and samurai champloo next , any links to torrents / direct downloads / irc btw ?