PDA

View Full Version : noob to PS

Kackilos
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Im new to PS (as you can tell from my sig) but now that school is over im looking to do some more work with it. I have noticed that yours guys Sig's rock and theres alot of talent here, so i figured why not ask these people for some tips. Any kind of tutorial website would be sweet, or any place i DL fonts or brushes as well. Im thinking about makeing a new sig involving Inu, Kagome, Wirny, Ed, Sasuke, and Sakura, kind of a woman guy thing. I have no idea how to do backgrounds at all so thats going to be my weak point, cutting images and image altering i think i have the basic knowledge in. I plan to use a cool text that goes "behind every strong man (in a kind of bolder/stronger text) there is a fine woman (in a more softer/female text) then my name. Throw some advice or flames my way, thanks all.

oh yaw any links for good pic of any of these characters would be sweet as well

Jman
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:10 AM
I'm not trying to knock you but for starters, your sig is past the size limit which is 400x80pixels.

Your sig size is 371x190. You can change it using PS.

-EDIT-
http://www.dafont.com/en/ is a good site for fonts.

Kackilos
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:20 AM
hmm i cant get in and change my profile.... if some1 can change my profile plz wipe the sig

Jman
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Profile Error Report thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=9407&enterthread =y) <you can post there regarding your profile error though i've posted 2x and am still waiting for a response from the admin.

Assertn
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:47 AM
alot of people like to take random 3d abstract scenes you could find pretty much anywhere using google to create an interestingly detailed background, and you can mess around with filters to see what kind of effects you can perform on it. Personally i think the the time for that has come and gone, and the 3d bg style is a little cliche, but its still a great place to start (although taking any random landscape scene for a bg can work too)