PDA

View Full Version : Help! urlopen error (10061, Connection refused)

VinceDL
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi All, I am new to the forum. I am having problem with downloading Naruto files. Whenever I try downloading Naruto file, it keeps on popping up the above error message, and won't allow me to download the file. In fact the same thing happened when I try downloading other bittorrent files. What is going on? Can someone point me to the right direction to fix this problem? I am two episodes behind the series and would like to catch up with it. Thanks

complich8
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:51 AM
typically that error is one of three things.

either (1) the tracker is down. (this is the most common reason, you can try checking animesuki's main page to see if the tracker is responding to people in general or not).
(2) your isp or your personal firewall is blocking the port. If this were the case, you'd be unable to download anything from a tracker that uses that port, but that's also pretty uncommon.
(3) your dns lookup of the tracker returned an invalid result (ie: the tracker resolves to localhost) Try nslookup gotwoot.net (from a command window) and see if it resolves to something like 127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.1 or something else that isn't routable. Typically though, this sort of thing would be your isp too, or your hosts file. Might be worth a check but probably not.

At least, that's been my experience with it. Tracker appears to be up and running right now, but I don't know about when you posted your question.