PDA

View Full Version : Which Character do you think has the most potential

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Which character that we've seen do you think possesses the most potential and why? (didn't see a similar topic so made this)

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:59 PM
i vote for naruto too.. not only he has power.. but comes up with good stragedty as well... ^_^ just need to mature... which he eventually will

Mut
it's not really fair to put naruto in here since he is the main character. so besides him, it's obviously sasuke.

miaka
hmm you should put the reasons why

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:00 PM
I think some of the other character have more potential than Sasuke...I think he would have more potential if he gets over his anger

jing
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:23 PM
I vote Neji.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Hard to decide

Naruto has potential, thats a given but the Amount of charka that he possess is a huge amount. Even if he had all that power, he does not really have alot of skills beside physical strenght and endurance. A HUGE FORCE that if naruto could actually learn skills and master them like he did with Kage Bushin No Jutsu, and Taiju Bushin No Jutsu (or is it Taiju Kage Bushin No Jutsu). He would be a force unstoppable. Thats even if he could control and contain the powers of kyuubi like he did against Haku.

Sasuke, skills, but is limited by anger, and abilitys. His Uchiha Bloodline makes him deadly to every last ounce of Charka. The abilitys of the sharingan also add to his already deadly arsenal. Although we do not know the full limitations of a UCHIHA, and its powers, we cannot infer that this clan is weak. As Itachi said: "I will show you why The Uchiha clan was unreputed and feared" Or something like that. His ability to learn his ability of taijutsu in 1 month? Chidori, and all his abilitys. Sasuke should not be underated.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah I think Neji has a lot of potential as well, I mean he was able to learn 2 of the Hyuuga clan's most strongest moves that even the main branch members have hard time with (so i read) and did that by himself, so he definatly has potential...as for sasuke, yeah he does since he is Uchiha and have Sharigan, but just think he will always be limited with that anger he has..makes him reckless

Enigmatic_Paragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Aside from the fact that hes dead, I'd say Haku had a mountain of potential.

He was brillient from an analytical viewpoint (strategy to counter Sharingan - note that his strategy for Zabuza was better than Gai's method of defeating the Sharingan - both strategies avoid the effects of being drawn into the power of the sharingan, however Haku's strategy also prevented the sharingan providing insight to Kakashi, allowing Zabuza to fight kakashi on 'equal footing' ie with the same advantages and disadvantages).

He created (as far as we know) 2 of his own jutsu of his advanced bloodline. He cannot have learnt them from someone else - there was noone to learn from. To this point, the only characters of around that age that have created their own jutsu is Neji (and likely Kabuto, but im going to ignore him for now). Point is, he's brillient with his jutsu as well as his analystical thinking.

Zabuza passed everythign he knew down to Haku, hence we can safely say that Haku is also very proficient at silent killing, in addition to what he learnt as an ANBU of hidden mist (we can conclude he was ANBU because that is how Kakashi explained he knew about acupuncture points). Knowing everything Zabuza knew at that age alone should be a big indication of his potential - if he can learn that much in the time it took for Naruto and co to become.... well... weak as Jiriaya puts it, surely he could develop far more in the future.

He instinctively knows the meaning of 'true strength' - one of the core themes when it comes to the character qualities that have been raised in Naruto - both the Hokage and Kakashi have mentioned it. Naruto barely grasps it, Sasuke is aware of it but apparently doesnt really embrase it, Neji is more concerned about fate and free will, Sakura is arguably clueless in this area, but Haku knows it from the depths of his heart.

On other characters:
Sasuke also has potential, but he needs to get over his blind furious hatred, or at least to turn it into a cold fury. Blind hatred results in rash descisions. Cold fury results in cold clinical calculations and strong determination...... but kinda turns the character into an evil kind of guy. However from a technical and efficent viewpoint, Cold fury may be the most effective state of mind.

Neji also has potential. Prior to the Chuunin exam, I'd say he was somewhere between Blind hatred and Cold fury towards the Head branch, but after it, he is presumeably over his anger towards the branch family (more or less). He is a genius (in the conventional sense) that surpasses sasuke, but if you match him up in terms of development to Haku, he loses out by a fair margin.

Edit: As an aside, I'd also like to point out that Haku is approximately the same age as the other Genin characters, and hence he had to have made it into the Hidden Mist ANBU some time before. This is approximately the at or even slightly before the same age that Itachi made it into Konoha's ANBU before making it to ANBU captain/commander (depending on translation). That should give you an idea of matching up his potential with someone else.

Additionally, if we are comparing characters at approximately the same age, it would probably be unfair to exclude Kabuto - I mean, in approximately that time (plus a year or 2 more) hes managed to become about as skilled as Kakashi (according to Orochimaru).

Final note: If Naruto magically acquired a set of working brains, then yes he would have potential. However as it is, the only reason he is going to get anywhere is because he is the main character, and hence he will eventually become rediculously powerful only by virtue of that fact (that he is the man character). Call me biased, but I believe the only way to know where youre going, is to have the brains to know how how you get there. If you dont, then you'll never get there. Naruto can say he's going to become the next Hokage all he wants, but unless his brains start working, hes not going anywhere except by virtue of his main character status.

CyberPunk
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:46 PM
everyone has character flaws, but that's not what this thread is about. naruto is the obvious choice, but that's pretty cheap since he has inhuman power. i'd say sasuke.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:48 PM
A lot of characters have potential...and yeah if Haku wasn't dead I'm sure he would be so much stronger now, he was quite strong while he was alive and seem to be able to learn alot on top of his bloodline ability

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:51 PM
V_V who in the earth voted for sakura? show yourself....

Jessper
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Enigmatic_Paragon saying that Haku had to be ANBU is an assumption, you can learn about the bodys lay out in places other than ANBU training. Kakshi belived he was ANBU but that doesn't make it a fact. Also Zabuza closed his eyes in the mist as well giving him a disadvantage still because when they got close they could see each other, or rather Kakashi could see him making it worse close range than Gai's (if your using hand to hand only then the ability to see his feet from far away vs not seeing anything wouldn't make a huge difference either.)

Naruto has working brains, you just don't seem to get it(ironic eh?) he may be loud and noisy some times but there is a reason he is the #! ninja at suprising people.

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:45 PM
how sad... V_V how come nobody is voting for gaara and shika

Eurasian
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:46 PM
yea, really? who voted for sakura???!!!

i voted for naruto. just look at him before and look at him now. it's a big gap.

RekkaShinen
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:49 PM
I didn't vote for sakura

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:58 PM
mystery

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:58 PM
yes indeed... who did!!! show yourself... come forth and stop hiding

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-04-2004, 02:48 AM
Naruto. He has the nine tails which seems to be the most powerful demon chakra wise, bar none (as far as we know), and he's learning certain techniques which are forcing him to improve his basics, including chakra control, chakra output, ect. His ninjutsu is going to be no joke, I have confidence that he'll be awesome at stealth things cuz he is a trickster. I'm just hoping his damn taijutsu doesn't stay so ugly. There's no doubt in my mind that naruto is going to learn a substantial number of techniques before the show ends, many of which most people would not be able to master, making naruto above average even without the demon chakra. However, as was stated before...he is the main character...

Stoopider
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:31 AM
Putting Naruto isn't fair though. Heh.

Naruto has unlimited chakra, he can practically learn everything.

Sasuke probably is probably second to him. He has the sharingan, to be able to copy everything, and use them at his own disposal. Thats why Oro wants him.

I don't think Neji has much potential. He'll probably be the best hand to hand fighter amongst them all. But that'll be it. Just a tough soldier for the Konoha ninja's.

chambers
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:37 AM
i voted for gaara, look at it this way from all the people his own age it took massive amounts of effort to get past his defence, if his defence improves with age and he actually TRAINS with some other stuff then he would be the master, he wouldnt even have to turn in to that daft arse racoon either. also if he became more tacticaly minded (wich we can only assume he would be after losing his first fight ever) then he could be much more devastating perhaps when someone hits the sand he could grap them straight away, not giveing them a chance in hell.

mak3
Fri, 06-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Sakura...... o_O

JusDaMan
Fri, 06-04-2004, 07:25 AM
I like shikamaru =D

Meili
Fri, 06-04-2004, 07:59 AM
The actual person with *most* potential if Naruto because he is the main character. LOL. I agree it's unfair to add him to the poll.

Haku would be next except he is dead so he can't improve. I voted for Gaara. In the recent chapters we all saw how much he can improve ater just a short period of time and of course he has huge amounts of chakra becuase of Shukaku.

chambers
Fri, 06-04-2004, 08:10 AM
gaara never improved tho, he was at the same level apart form when he released shukaku

Shadow-wolf
Fri, 06-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Well, if we define potential as the difference between a current state and how far they can go (the actual gap) then I would have to suggest Sakura. Now stay with me:

Sakura (Now)............................................. ..................................(Greatness)

Big gap - Large potential.

Naruto (Now)............................................. .............(Greatness)

Smaller Gap - Less potential.

This is just an example and just an opinion.

Goingin
Fri, 06-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by: Shadow-wolf
Well, if we define potential as the difference between a current state and how far they can go (the actual gap) then I would have to suggest Sakura. Now stay with me:

Sakura (Now)............................................. ..................................(Greatness)

Naruto (Now)............................................. .............(Greatness)

Thing is, how do u know how far they can go?

Shadow-wolf
Fri, 06-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Actually Goingin, I don't know how far anyone can go. I don't think anyone does.

Goingin
Fri, 06-04-2004, 08:54 AM
Actually Goingin, I don't know how far anyone can go. I don't think anyone does.

Makes ur statement a bit useless doesnt it? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Not intented as flaming or such

Could be we can expect some great stuff from Sakura in the future, but its a bit too early to say anything about it now.
She just aint getting along with the rest if u look at her capabilities, same thing goes for Ino

Shadow-wolf
Fri, 06-04-2004, 09:02 AM
My original statement quotes "This is just an example and just an opinion". But truthfully, that is how potential is defined. No flame intended, no flame taken. I won't taken anything (or almost anything) personally.

Enigmatic_Paragon
Fri, 06-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Jesper>>>

Enigmatic_Paragon saying that Haku had to be ANBU is an assumption, you can learn about the bodys lay out in places other than ANBU training. Kakshi belived he was ANBU but that doesn't make it a fact. Also Zabuza closed his eyes in the mist as well giving him a disadvantage still because when they got close they could see each other, or rather Kakashi could see him making it worse close range than Gai's (if your using hand to hand only then the ability to see his feet from far away vs not seeing anything wouldn't make a huge difference either.)

Point one: True, we dont know for certain that Haku is an ANBU member. However we have comments pointing towards that direction on which basis I make such an assuption. This is an anime - when trying to interpret something, the most likely explaination is the one we are positioned to view, and I'd say its quite clear how we are positioned to see Haku - that is as a former Mist ANBU.

Point 2: Yes, Zabuza closed his eyes hence putting him at an apparent disadvantage. The flip side is that the zero visibility mist essentially meant Kakashi may as well have had his eyes closed too. As long as they both lose out on a particular aspect, it is valid to say that they are fighting "On equal footing".

Naruto has working brains, you just don't seem to get it(ironic eh?) he may be loud and noisy some times but there is a reason he is the #! ninja at suprising people.

What? You mean like he surprised Zabuza and Haku? Or you mean like he completely failed to discern the meaning of the first exam, nor figure out a way to cheat? Or perhaps youre talking about the time he had the brillient idea of opening up the earth scroll in the 2nd exam without considering that the examiners arnt so stupid as to faili to have measures regarding those who break rules?
The fact is, we are positioned to see Naruto as not all that bright. If youve managed to see this some other way youve evidently been watching a different Naruto - I mean its all nice and good to take a resistant reading - You'll probably get some marks in an essay if you can properly justify your position - of something but while were discussing something like this, its a safe bet to go with what the author positions us to see.
Oh yeah, and surprising people has absolutely nothing to do with how smart/intelligent someone is. Unless of course you happen to believe that trying to attack Ebisu in desperation is somehow an indication of astute intelligence as opposed to the unpredictable and impulsive charactersitics of Naruto, in which case I'd be rather worried about your good judgement.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 10:05 AM
v_v I think everyone on that list has more potential than Sakura

DraGunZer0
Fri, 06-04-2004, 10:18 AM
I think Konoha (or whatever, the little grandson of the 3rd) has the most potential ^_^

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Yeah , I think Konohamaru has more potential than Sakura, at least, plus he has a lot of motivation..but dunno about having the most potential

SK
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:30 PM
I voted Naruto, he easily has the most potential because of kyubi, plus he is getting trained by Jiraiya. next I think its hard picking between Neji and Sasuke, but I think Sasuke has more potential because after seeing Itachi, imo, the Sharingan is superior to the Byakugan.

Stoopider
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:45 PM

From this post, I tend to get the feeling that at the end of the day

Sakura's skill = Naruto Skill (?).

PSJ
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:47 PM
naruto. why? cause he is the main character. he will always come out of a fight as the winner.

Knives122
Fri, 06-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I'd have to say Neji, b/c down the road in his life how unstoppalbe would he be if he actually closed that blind spot in his Byakugan, and with his moves already what do you think would happen to his opponent if he starts producing his own moves, ones that dont require punches to close the chakra holes, I would hate to go up against a person like that

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 06-04-2004, 01:16 PM
Uchiha Itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif if you see what he already has accomplished for someone who is now only around 18 years old *scary*

Jessper
Fri, 06-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: Enigmatic_Paragon
What? You mean like he surprised Zabuza and Haku? Or you mean like he completely failed to discern the meaning of the first exam, nor figure out a way to cheat? Or perhaps youre talking about the time he had the brillient idea of opening up the earth scroll in the 2nd exam without considering that the examiners arnt so stupid as to faili to have measures regarding those who break rules?
The fact is, we are positioned to see Naruto as not all that bright. If youve managed to see this some other way youve evidently been watching a different Naruto - I mean its all nice and good to take a resistant reading - You'll probably get some marks in an essay if you can properly justify your position - of something but while were discussing something like this, its a safe bet to go with what the author positions us to see.
Oh yeah, and surprising people has absolutely nothing to do with how smart/intelligent someone is. Unless of course you happen to believe that trying to attack Ebisu in desperation is somehow an indication of astute intelligence as opposed to the unpredictable and impulsive charactersitics of Naruto, in which case I'd be rather worried about your good judgement.

You are only harping on the bad points, how about when he thought up using shadow replication and shadow windmill(i think it was..) on Zabuza, or using Kiba's extreme ability to smell against him, for using shadow replication to fake that the rest of his teammates were in the mess with him against those ninjas in the 2nd part of the chuunin exam that had tons of replications(when they were almost to the tower), or tricking Neji in their fight in the stadium ect... So he doesn't do that great on written test(neither does Shikamaru hohoho!) that doens't classify his completly, you have to look at the rest of him.

Also, what would you have done in the 2nd exam if you thought that everyone else had reached home base already and you were missing a heaven scroll and knowing that one was destroyed so you could be the odd one out and not have a chance at getting it. They had considered that there was fail safes and they were going about the opening slow and safely but they belived they had no other choice if they wanted to pass.

From what I saw with Kakshi vs Zabuza the second time he could see at least a couple of feet giving him an advantage when they get into hand to hand combat so I don't think they were on equal ground. Granted this was better than Gai's method but I don't think it would be good enough.

I still don't see why you would belive that we are supposed to assume that Haku was ANBU, Kabuto stole a mask from an ANBU, why couldn't Haku? Zabuza could have tought him what we are supposed to apperantly assume he learned while being an ANBU. I personaly get the impression he stayed with Zabuza the vast majority of his time after meeting him and Zabuza is exiled soooo.

Assertn
Fri, 06-04-2004, 03:47 PM
naruto's potential is that it is possible for him to obtain a power equal the demon fox, since the demon fox lives inside him

i dont care how much potential you say other character's have....the only other person who could POSSIBLY have as much potential as naruto is gaara (but i'd assume kyubi was stronger than shukaku)

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:25 PM
excluding Naruto out of the picture, yeah, I'd say Gaara would probably be around the next since he also has a demon, and besides, he was quite strong with just mostly standing around and letting sand do everything, imagine how strong he would be if he actually trained ..taijutsu and learned some more nin/gen jutsu

orn210
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:00 PM
naruto. he's improving a lot i think

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Naruto is improving a lot, I think he definatly has what it takes to become Hokage *in the future* and as long as he matures and gets stronger. And, seemed Sandaime was good with people and was able to change them and understand them (like how they showed him and Iruka) and Naruto already can do that (Neji, Gaara...)

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by: Uchiha-Itachi
Uchiha Itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif if you see what he already has accomplished for someone who is now only around 18 years old *scary*

You know I was thinking that too. I don't think it's more than Naruto's but I definatly think he has a lot too..cause, yeah he's only 17 and he's that strong and well, 17 is still kind of young so he's still growing

miaka
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:26 PM
@_@ yes.. i mean.. i was quite shocked.. that a 17 year old could rival the lengedary sannins... V_V then when he's like in mid twenties... @_@ who's gonna stop him?

dragon
Fri, 06-04-2004, 06:20 PM
naruto of course hha jk

dafashizzle
Fri, 06-04-2004, 08:00 PM
This is a no brainer. It is Naruto of course. He called upon the master frog on his first "real" summon!

miaka
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:12 PM
looks like nobody is voting for shika... i mean.. he's very smart.. if he just stop being lazy.. he have great potential too i think

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:17 PM
hm. yeah shikamaru has potential as well. I mean, he is a genious, just imagine what kind of shinobi he would be if he actually put in effort to train and learn more moves and become stronger =x

Enigmatic_Paragon
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Jesper>>>

You are only harping on the bad points, how about when he thought up using shadow replication and shadow windmill(i think it was..) on Zabuza, or using Kiba's extreme ability to smell against him, for using shadow replication to fake that the rest of his teammates were in the mess with him against those ninjas in the 2nd part of the chuunin exam that had tons of replications(when they were almost to the tower), or tricking Neji in their fight in the stadium ect...

This in part reinforces what I said about him getting anywhere by virtue of his main character status. If we were to examine it closely (and we arnt supposed to since this IS an anime for enjoyment as opposed to a literary text) we can find a distinct break in continuity between his actions outside the critical moment of a fight, and those during it. To put it simply, there is a very significant difference in the competence of Naruto which is arguably put in because Naruto as the main character must be able to resolve situations - wether it is a social situation (like how he responds to Konohamaru when they first meet) or a fighting situation.

Of course, the plan to free Kakashi from Zabuza was no doubt a good plan. A rare moment of insight indeed. Why do we not see corresponding intelligence from Naruto elsewhere in the anime? Dont get me wrong - Im not saying that Naruto is mentally challenged. Just that is below average in intelligence.
You gave Kiba's smell as an example. There were 2 instances that his sense of smell was used against him. The first, to get rid of Akamaru, and that is attrubited by the Hokage as an idea from his background as a prankster. Good idea, but given that particular background (as prankster), someone else in his situation would likely have come up with a similar plan. The fart was pure luck. I wont even bother debating you there if you attempt to challenge this fact.
The shadow replications before the end of the second exam - same explaination as your point about freeing Kakashi from Zabuza. Same with the Neji act.

Of course, you might argue this - you then I'll ask you to explain just *why* is it than in almost every fight Naruto enters - especially when he is fighting with his teammates against an enemy - he invariably announces he is going to do something only to have someone else tell him to "stop" because it is a stupid idea?
He does this during the first encounter with Zabuza, and during the 2nd encounter with Zabuza. During the exam, Sasuke relies on Naruto's below average intelligence to distinguish him from enemies (he cant remember password). During the encounter with Orichimaru, he fails to grasp the situation and blindly attacks.
At the end of the 2nd exam, Iruka uses Naruto as an example of someone who is lacking 'mind'.
During the 3rd exam prelims, he rushes in to fight Neji and is stopped by Lee.
During the 3rd exam, he rushes in for hand to hand combat and ONLY THEN realises that hand to hand is bad! And that after seeing Neji's fighting style and training for a month to defeat it!
Attack on Konoha: During the case after Sasuke - Naruto's idea is to go through a fight between 2 unknown opponents. The smart idea which Sakura and Pakkun have to explain to him is to go around.
Fight with Gaara: Threatening to beat Gaara up if he hurt Sasuke or Sakura while he could easily kill Sakura (Isnt the last thing you want to do in that situation provoke it?).
Encounter with Itachi: Im going to beat them up even though theyre after me and can Kill me without any problems!

Are you seeing a pattern? You should be. The above list covers just about EVERY fight that has taken place to date. The comment by Iruka should have been the equivalent of a sign with flashing lights and complementary bells and whistles.
No matter how you argue, it does not change reality. It is a FACT that Naruto isnt smart. Its his character weakness for goodness sake! If Kishimoto had wanted to think Naruto was smart like you seem to proclaim, he wouldnt have Naruto doing/suggesting something stupid at some point during ***EVERY*** fight! Its not like its an isolated incident you know!

If you choose to be blinded by some fanatical devotion to a particular, thats fine. But really - it isnt all that hard to open your eyes and see what should be blindingly obvious. Noone is denying that Naruto has come up with some smart ideas but as they say, 1 dog does not a pack make. (IE, it takes more than a smart idea to be called smart).

Stoopider
Sat, 06-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Heheh. His lack of intelligence sometimes makes him unpredictable....not unpredictable in his fighting, but rather unpredictable that after he gets beaten the shit outta him, he suddenly stands up and does something miraculous.

Well, but don't forget that all his battle's fought, he's lousy crap fighting is to make the show more dramatic as well. (Like vs. Neji, Zabuza, Haku, Gaara).

Instead of just labeling him 'stupid', I would consider him temperamental. Temparemental people are mostly doofus'es, but can sometimes show instances of brilliance.

But yeah, he's leaning more towards 'Stupid'.

Thats my 2 cent.

oniorochi
Sat, 06-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Naruto, even without the youma Kyubi, has the most potential. We see this in the first episode where he protects Iruka; the same massive chakra and the same mass shadow clone jutsu in the fight with Gara. Plus, in the fight with Gara he also summons Gamabunta with only his own chakra.
Naruto is battlesmart, he does great innovation in battles, and he also inspires people. Now, off battle Naruto is still a brat, but battlesmart is truly smart, once he comes of age he will show his brains; though I think he will end up a pervert just like Sarutobi and Jiraya.

As Naruto is mighty even without the youma chakra, I think it's logical if he ends up battling the Kyubi in the end.

Stoopider
Sat, 06-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Actually the Kyuubi's chakra is slowly leaking into his chakra. Although blue might be 'his' chakra, it's also because of the Kyuubi effecting it making it more. Well, thats what most people say. We all would love to think that Naruto did it all by himself. But we can't be certain about it though.

Mut
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by: oniorochi
Naruto, even without the youma Kyubi, has the most potential. We see this in the first episode where he protects Iruka; the same massive chakra and the same mass shadow clone jutsu in the fight with Gara. Plus, in the fight with Gara he also summons Gamabunta with only his own chakra.
Naruto is battlesmart, he does great innovation in battles, and he also inspires people. Now, off battle Naruto is still a brat, but battlesmart is truly smart, once he comes of age he will show his brains; though I think he will end up a pervert just like Sarutobi and Jiraya.

As Naruto is mighty even without the youma chakra, I think it's logical if he ends up battling the Kyubi in the end.

uhhh... you're wrong dude... i think this forum already had a long discussion on this. in the first episode, naruto uses kyubi chakra to summon all those clones. but against gaara he used all of his own chakra to do that mass kage bunshin. which is why he needed kyubi chakra to summon gamabunta. besides, kyubi chakra has been mixing with naruto's for a long time now, so it's not even really naruto's own chakra anymore.

this is what naruto says after he summoned his mass clones. notice how sand is surrounding him.
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/frame1.gif
this is right before naruto summons gamabunta. notice his change in physical appearance.
http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~s_kim/images/frame2.gif

SofaKing
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Remember, Naruto is only about 13 years old. 13-year olds aren't know for their good judgment.

I say that once Naruto gets older he'll show better judgment.

HokageVirus
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:37 PM
haku is dead. you cant have ANY potential of your dead.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:38 PM
yeah he is, but can look at it hypothetically...besides, when he was alive, he did have a lot of potential

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:50 PM
@_@ seems like naruto has a lot of his own chakra if he was able to make that many kagebushin with his own chakra.. i thought it was kyubi's

chambers
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:54 PM
well actually he didnt have much potential at all, because he was going to die. he was a t his maximum possible because he was going to die ten eps after we met him!

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:19 PM
i don't follow your logic chambers.. what r u saying?

Jessper
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by: oniorochi

exactly. Naruto reminds me of vash in that he acts stupid alot but when it comes down to it he pulls something off.

Disclaimer:I was agreeing with him about battlesmarts not him summonging the frog boss with only his own chakara(which didn't happen).

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:32 PM
yes... naruto definitely does... he can surprise ppl... i think he is way to underestimated by a lot of ppl (his opponents)

chambers
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:33 PM
iam saying miaka that knowing that hakus life would end limits hit potential. if you throw in things that could have happend or would have happend or that did happen and maybe shouldnt have then konohahmaru has most potential as he will learn oro's extended life technique AND kleep his arms. he will rule the world.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:34 PM
okie...

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:37 PM
i still don't follow your logic.. and if you wanna put examples.. put better one and haku is different.. Konohamaru and girl like sakura we can see already that they need a lot to grow.. (konohamaru is young.. and we haven't seen him do any justsu or anything...

haku.. he can do jutsu with one hand.. and the mirror stuff.. which is hard for even kakashi to break.. and we haven't seen all that he can do... so.. its' a different game

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:56 PM
well...actuall...Konohamaru does have Sexy no Jutsu i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif , but he does need to grow a lot, and I do agree that Haku is different, while he was alive he did have a lot of potential v_v sucks that he died.

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:58 PM
hmm.. i forgot about thyat.... he can beat hokage with that i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif hmm.. so he does know a powerful jutsu i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:59 PM
as long as it's not those messed up ones he tried to do using Sexy no Jutsu..then it isen't so strong... hmm..wonder what would happen if Konohamaru did a sucessfull Sexy no Jutsu on Jiraiya

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 04:00 PM
lol.. nah.. jiraiya is too perverted for that to work... remember.. naruto did use it on him.. and he didn't fly away.. but had nosebleed

Pyron
Sat, 06-05-2004, 07:44 PM
i think neji has a lot of potential. just get ride of his cocky attitude towards a lot of things...like under estimating Naruto and i think he can become a really strong character in the series

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 07:49 PM
well, i'm sure with how Naruto beat him in the chuunin shiken that he won't underestimate him anymore..(least shouldn't). hopefully the next time we see neji he's matured over that stuff with the help of naruto during their match..probably did though

CyberPunk
Sat, 06-05-2004, 08:06 PM
for the last time, naruto did not summon gamabunta with his own chakra during the battle with gaara.

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 10:09 PM
i don't think anybody said anythign about that after it was told...

orn210
Sat, 06-05-2004, 10:38 PM
naruto is becoming stronger kind of fast

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:10 AM
because he has potential.. i guess

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Neiji did not underestimate Naruto. He reacted perfectly to everything Naruto's shown. He didn't mess up till the end, and that was more of over estimating himself than it was underestimating Naruto. I don't think anyone in their right mind would underestimate Naruto after that showing.

Response to below: No. When naruto was doing nothing but kage bunshins, Neiji beat him effortlessly. When Naruto pulled out the demon chakra, Neiji had to restrain from peeing his pants, and pulled out everything he had. At the end he failed to have his byakugan active. I guess you could call that underestimating Naruto, but after what took place, it's just a slight underestimation (even if it cost him the match). Neiji reacted almost perfectly to everything naruto did. He just got beat.

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:23 AM
i think neji did underestimated him pretty much. no?

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:24 AM
i think he did underestimate naruto a lot, i mean he calling someone a 'dropout' kind of says it.

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:31 AM
he did call naruto a dropout.. and kept saying it's fate that you will lose to me... i don't think he even thought naruto is gonna be a challenge to him

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Alright, but, remember how at some point he said "you can't be hokage like that" ? Then, when Naruto was charging at him with the demon chakra, he was repeating to himself what he had said? I interpret that as him realizing that Naruto isn't what he thought, and possibly a future hokage candidate. Dropout boy, I don't know what to think of that term, because he called Naruto a dropout even after all they both got slammed into the ground. I refuse to think that Neiji is stupid enough to think that Naruto is nothing after all the fireworks. Naruto even called himself a dropout after winning. So I think the term refers to his past performace, and not what he'd shown in the fight. Just so I'm clear about it, I think Neiji's view of Naruto evolved as the fight went on. Everytime Naruto gave Neiji a reason to take him more seriously, Neiji took him more seriously. There wasn't a single time when that wasn't the case in the entire fight. That's why I don't think Neiji underestimated Naruto.

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:40 AM
well.. he began to take naruto seriously when naruto was using Kyubi chakra.. which is not surprising.. i mean kyubi's chakra is enormous... so of course he's gonna take him seriously then... besides naruto was supposed to be not be able to use his chakra.. but he did.. anybody would take him seriuosly then...

oniorochi
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:46 AM
When I say he did only use his own chakra it's because he does in the anime, the eyes do not change in the anime during any of those events I mentioned, they might in the manga but I don't know that because I don't like reading mangas.

It's illogical to think that he used youma chakra to summon Gamabunta, if he did, then why would he need to ask Kyubi to lend him some chakra right before the headbutt of Gara? He would have plenty left.

Second, the reason I argue this is because it would be perfecly resonable that Naruto doesn't know his limit, and true strength come from protecting others, and the events was to show this; therefor, he should have summoned Gamabunta with his own chakra, in the anime atleast, to shouw that he has massive potential even without the Kyubi. Also, assuming that the 4th is his father, it would fit perfectly with the entire story.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:49 AM
well, i do have to agree that they are showing that true strength comes from protecting others

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:59 AM
To Miaka: Well, that's my point. During the fight, Neiji's view of Naruto changed. When Naruto wasn't doing anything that threatened Neiji (kagebunshins with nothing else but sloppy taijutsu), Neiji considered him weak, and not a threat. That's not an underestimation. That estimation was right on the nose. When he pulled out the demon chakra, Neiji immediately realized he had become a threat. Another estimation right on the nose. The only place he failed was at the end. He was beat and worn out, and thought Naruto was too worn out to continue fighting. That's the closest thing to an underestimation that happened that fight and it cost him the match. But I don't even consider that an underestimation because it seemed to me like it resulted from him being tired, and being fooled by the body. He got fooled.

To oniorochi: You're not making any sense. No one saw what chakra he used to summon Gamabunta because he was covered in sand. You said "It's illogical to think that he used youma chakra to summon Gamabunta, if he did, then why would he need to ask Kyubi to lend him some chakra right before the headbutt of Gara? He would have plenty left." I would think that if he summoned gamabunta with the red chakra, he would have none left...

"Also, when he asked the kyubi for chakra to head butt gaara, he was asking for "just a little bit". Why? because, he had already received a bunch ealier. When? When he summoned Gamabunta. Here's a hint. The title of that episode was "exceeding the limit." Also, at that point in the anime, there was no indication that he had enough regular chakra to summon Gamabunta with it. I honestly don't see why this is still an issue.

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:02 AM
my point is that anybody would began to take naruto seriously.. when he uses Kyubi chakra .... so that really doesn't count... neji failed to see the potential in naruto.. and called him a dropout... and was pretty much saying once a dropout is always a droupout

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:18 AM
Alright, I'll just disagree with you and leave it at that, but I do see what you're saying.

oniorochi
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:06 AM
Uchiha Barles, my point was, that because he still had to protect his team he could inch out even more of his own chakra to summon Gamabunta, even after he thought he was all out. The sequence where he call upon the Kyubi chakra would be pointless if he called upon it previously; from bith an artistic and storyline perspective.

I'm not arguing that you're wrong, I'm just saying that that is my interpretation of the events.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:20 AM
I'm not sure I understand but...ok...

CyberPunk
Sun, 06-06-2004, 08:22 AM
your interpretation is incorrect. up until now, naruto, when not in a dire situation, has only been able to summon a tiny frog or tadpole with his own chakra. the moment he was in trouble(ie. falling into that chasm) he was able to summon gamabunta. the day he fought gaara, he had already had a rough battle with neji, and got slammed around a bit by gaara. he had just got done making what? 1000 clones of himself to fight gaara? then all of a sudden, as soon as he's about to get destroyed by gaara's sand coffin or whatever, suddenly gamabunta emerges. he did not use his own chakra for that summoning. i think you guys are forgetting that he doesn't -need- to ask kyuubi for chakra. kyuubi will provide that to him in any dangerous situation just so that he also may stay alive.

Jessper
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:53 PM
In the Neji fight, he underestimated Naruto in the begining of it, practicly everyone in that stadium did. True he adjusted but none the less at the begining(and all time previous to this fight) he knew Naruto was a drop out and he thought Drop outs were incapable of becoming something great.

Edit: err, it was early and mis-read "... used youma chakra to summon ..." I guess.

oniorochi
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:08 PM
And where on earth did I claim that?

I said it's illogical to have a display of Naruto asking the Kyubi to lend him some chakra if the youma gave him some just moments before. It's like saying to someone, "this is a herring" without having one, and then you have the person wait for the actual moment you really catch the herring. It's simply not a good order.

Now, Jessper, go chop down the mightiest tree in the forest... with a herring. Ni! Ni! Ni!

Ecky, ecky, ecky, ecky; pi'kang zoop boing goodem zoo owli zhiv! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

=youngthunder=
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:20 PM
i think sakura has the most potential, simply because she is one of the least developed characters. she obviously has a great deal of talent, because she is able to more or less hold her own using the basic techniques she learned in the academy. i know alot of you guys dont like sakura for whatever reason, but i dont think shes any worse than any of the other genin. if she had someone to teach her (tsunade maybe?), she would be awesome... she just looks sucky because naruto and sasuke already have a ton of sweet techniques etc. haha, anyways, i cant really develop this post too much more, because i have homework to do.

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:44 PM
read my post on pg 3 on resemblence.. V_V i do not wanna have to constantly repeat myself... V_V... jeez... if you wanna prove it.. better come up with a pg of list...

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Uh, i seriously doubt Sakura has the most potential, reguarless if she is the least developed. She is the least developed because she chooses to be and she is just not special at all. And Yes, she is worse then a number of the other genin, she is worse than naruto, sasuke, gaara, neji, hinata, rock lee, temari etc. There are many teachers and higher up shinobi that she could learn from but she just dosent' want to, all she has to do is ask, sure some people would help, and basic techniques are basic, whooppe, and besides, she couldn't even block a kunai, the baisic of basics...

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:12 PM
im already so tired of this sakura has most potential thing.....................she's not and i hope she'll never

Mut
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:14 PM
in chapter 237 of the manga, sakura learns this new powerful kinjutsu (forbidden jutsu)... it's called hagane no renkinjutsu. so i wouldn't call her worthless or anything.

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:16 PM
LOL Mut@t@...

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:16 PM
lol...kinjutsu... xD

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:18 PM
yea... but she would so suck on it.. prob of it working would be 1/ millioni/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

GreenSpan
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Sakura, because if she learned some cool moves from someone she could use her Chakra control to execute far more moves pr. chakra unit if you can say that than the majority of shinobi in Leaf.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:28 PM
uh huh.. never would amount to Naruto or Sasuke, or Neji, or Gaara... and many others

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:34 PM
gosh... for anybody who wants to say sakura has potential.. should read my post on pg 3 of resemblence.. and argue against that before they say it..

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:35 PM
we should call sakura "suckura" from now on.

ShinobiNeko
might be a good idea jing

miaka
what a brilliant idea..

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
in chapter 237 of the manga, sakura learns this new powerful kinjutsu (forbidden jutsu)... it's called hagane no renkinjutsu. so i wouldn't call her worthless or anything.

nope.. you are wrong... the chapter 237... she learns trash can no jutsu.. but it goes wrong.. and ends up getting herself traped inside instead... sorry for spoiling... oh yea.. it's also kinjutsu... too,.....

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 07:34 PM
lol @ miaka... xD

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:36 PM
guys dont spoil if you say so there are bunch of strong jutsus she learned i just wanted to surprise anime watchers thats why i sayd shes uselessi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
(i wish........)

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:43 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

highbass
Tue, 06-08-2004, 06:24 PM
ROCK LEE for sure.... this guy opened like five gates... and if he opened all 8 gates then he would be unstopable stronger then hokage.. or anything else.. he trains hard enough so he definitely has potentional..

CyberPunk
Tue, 06-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by: highbass
ROCK LEE for sure.... this guy opened like five gates... and if he opened all 8 gates then he would be unstopable stronger then hokage.. or anything else.. he trains hard enough so he definitely has potentional..

yea, he'd probably be the strongest fighter ever if he did that...but for only a minute. after that his body would die.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 06-08-2004, 09:11 PM
As much as it pains me to admit this, I'd say Rock has the least potential. There are two branches ninjadom if you will that he'll never be able to access. That's two out of three. And, his taijutsu is subpar, compared to someone else who gave it as much effort. If you consider potential to be something innate, as in how strong can you possibly get, or how smart can you possibly get, then rock lee is definately at the bottom of the barrel I think. His only saving grace is that no one puts as much effort into anything as he does. I don't think they ever even consider it.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 09:14 PM
yeah, i do think you have a good point uchihabarles...i think rock lee would have more potential if he could use opening the gates and not really be that much effected by it..but since that's his strongest attack and it effects him so much...well... v_v ..but i still think Rock Lee is cool

Jessper
Wed, 06-09-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
And, his taijutsu is subpar, compared to someone else who gave it as much effort.

Come again? Who was he subpar to that gave as much effort?

Noir
Wed, 06-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Naruto - Chakra of 9 tails
Shikamaru - Genious
Gaara - Sand defense
Sasuke - Sharingan and now Chidori
Neji - Byakugun (SP?)
Rock Lee - The Iron fist

I can't decide as all of them have their strong points, the only ones I wouldn't vote for:

Sakura - Cause she hasn't shown any new jutsus, barely fights either.
Haku - Ahahaha if there wasn't a tiny problem that happened back around episode 20 or so. hehe

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-09-2004, 09:03 PM
-_- sakura is out of the question but i do think naruto, shikamaru, gaara, sasuke, and neji all have thier own potentials hopefully they get further developed later on

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by: Jessper

And, his taijutsu is subpar, compared to someone else who gave it as much effort.

Come again? Who was he subpar to that gave as much effort?

No one gave as much effort. That's the point. They said that rock lee's talent was subpar, even in taijutsu. In otherwords, if someone else trained their taijutsu as much as Rock, theirs would be stronger. That's the impression I got from the anime's description of Rock. But no one ever will.

Mut
Wed, 06-09-2004, 09:29 PM
i don't think half of you guys even know the actual meaning of 'having potential.'

Knives122
Wed, 06-09-2004, 09:34 PM
it means: to be able to go beyond your current level, and are able to get better with each passing day, that what "having potential" means

Jessper
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:33 AM
That isn't the point Uchiha Barles, that was the past, with hard work a dropout can surpass a genius, thats the point I don't think he would be subpar to many if any at all that were his level. Even if they put as much work into it. Even more so with his rare ability to open many gates.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Alright, consider potential to be something like a cup. An 8 ounce cup can only hold 8 ounces at max, while a 12 ounce cup can hold more at max. no matter how much water you pour into the 8 ounce cup, it will only ever be able to hold 8 ounces, which will forever be less than the 12 ounce max of the second cup.

Now, they clearly stated in the anime that rock lee was just an inferior specimen. He can't do ninjutsu, he can't do genjutsu, and his taijutsu was subpar (that's right, I said WAS). Now, look at sasuke. Totally stole rock's taijutsu with his eyes. Didn't even get to see him in action all that much. It took him a month to get down what rock lee took years to master. What happens if Sasuke trained only taijutsu for as long as rock lee did? I'll tell you. Sasuke would destroy him. Rock is the 8 ounce cup, while Sasuke is the 12 ounce (maybe even 32 ounce compared to Rock). As far as the other ninjas are concerned, there really isn't much to compare them to Rock in terms of mastering something given the same amount of effort (or less effort as in the example just given). However, the anime did say that he in general, was below average. Sakura is average *shivers*

Here's where Rock gets his break. I'm making this assumption because the anime seems to emulate real life in it's principles. Very few, if any ninja ever reach they're full potential, for lack of will, effort, opportunity, or any combination of the three. Rock Lee trains so much harder than anyone else, thus using more of his potential. If others don't train to use more of their potential, Rock may just end up having more power to access than they do. To relate that to the cup, what does it matter if your cup can hold 12 ounces of juice if you only fill it up with 4, while the guy with the 8 ounce cup fills it with 7 ounces of juice? He's still got more juice than you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:07 AM
average is middleground between the best and the worst
it couldnt be "average" to have perfect chakra efficiency unless EVERYONE has perfect chakra efficiency

also i dont know if potential applies to physical strength or ability to use jutsus or what......naruto could have immense chakra potential, but does that mean that he would have immense potential at building up his speed?

putting that aside though, i would say potential in the sense you're using would work more as a flask thats shaped like a cone where the pointed side is the bottom and the opening at the top is the largest part.....and "level" being the height of the liquid. the more thats being put in, the more that it takes to get even higher. in this scenario, sasuke would have a narrower cone shape while lee's would be wider....however both would be at the same height. It would just take sasuke less effort and time to reach those higher levels.

the reason i would say this over your example is this: remember the weights lee was wearing in the prelims? If lee had a limit to how far he can go, then you could say that there is a certain amount of weight he can strap to his legs that would match the limit of his potential, and that he would never be able to withstand even a lb more.

sorry, i just felt the need to contribute i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

RESPONSE TO BELOW: wow jessper.....are you hoping to confuse the other members to win your argument? wayyy too many verbs and adjectives in a single sentence

Jessper
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:28 AM
Alright, consider potential to be something like a cup. An 8 ounce cup can only hold 8 ounces at max, while a 12 ounce cup can hold more at max. no matter how much water you pour into the 8 ounce cup, it will only ever be able to hold 8 ounces, which will forever be less than the 12 ounce max of the second cup.

Now, they clearly stated in the anime that rock lee was just an inferior specimen. He can't do ninjutsu, he can't do genjutsu, and his taijutsu was subpar (that's right, I said WAS). Now, look at sasuke. Totally stole rock's taijutsu with his eyes. Didn't even get to see him in action all that much. It took him a month to get down what rock lee took years to master. What happens if Sasuke trained only taijutsu for as long as rock lee did? I'll tell you. Sasuke would destroy him. Rock is the 8 ounce cup, while Sasuke is the 12 ounce (maybe even 32 ounce compared to Rock). As far as the other ninjas are concerned, there really isn't much to compare them to Rock in terms of mastering something given the same amount of effort (or less effort as in the example just given). However, the anime did say that he in general, was below average. Sakura is average *shivers*

Here's where Rock gets his break. I'm making this assumption because the anime seems to emulate real life in it's principles. Very few, if any ninja ever reach they're full potential, for lack of will, effort, opportunity, or any combination of the three. Rock Lee trains so much harder than anyone else, thus using more of his potential. If others don't train to use more of their potential, Rock may just end up having more power to access than they do. To relate that to the cup, what does it matter if your cup can hold 12 ounces of juice if you only fill it up with 4, while the guy with the 8 ounce cup fills it with 7 ounces of juice? He's still got more juice than you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Your kidding right? Thats like saying a 15 year old sprinter became as fast at running as a gold medal winning 500 meter runner and because the 15 year old can sprint as fast as the other guy runs he could run as good as the medal winner if he had focused on doing 500 meter runs. Also, would Sasuke obviously be able to open 5 gates?

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:32 AM
Never apologize for a well thought out argument i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif I'll try to answer this in sections cuz you covered a lot of ground.

First, the potential thing. Rock Lee will never, ever be able to use ninjutsu or genjutsu. If you consider the ninja's potential as the sum of their max abilities in ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu, then the example becomes more like my cup example, unless Rock Lee's taijutsu potential is so incredibly awesome that it surpases the potential of most normal ninjas (I doubt that). Plus, it was already stated that rock's taijutsu was subpar. Who knows what it says for his potential though, because I'm not sure if they meant that it was subpar at the time, or in general. The only way your example would fit better is if you limit it to taijutsu alone. Even then, the rates at which they advance can easily be interpreted as potentials in your example (not mine).

About the weights rock was wearing: Sure rock has a weight limit to how much he can carry before he kills himself. He's probably even stronger than sasuke. But that's not important. The potential considering here is not just physical strenght, but all things important to a ninja. Even limiting it to taijutsu, strenght is just one factor that affects it. There's speed, awareness, reflexes, etc. How those things interact is what determines potential. If someone can combine all those characteristics to greater effect than someone #2 can, someone #1 has greater potential.

You're totally right about Sakura.

EDIT TO JESPER: You said "Your kidding right? Thats like saying a 15 year old sprinter became as fast at running as a gold medal winning 500 meter runner and because the 15 year old can sprint as fast as the other guy runs he could run as good as the medal winner if he had focused on doing 500 meter runs. Also, would Sasuke obviously be able to open 5 gates? "

No. I'm not kidding. Sasuke learned the bulk of Lee's taijutsu in a month. So yeah, that's ALMOST what I'm saying, because that's ALMOST exactly what happened, minus the fact that the difference between Sasuke and Rock Lee really wasn't as great as the difference between the people in your example.

No, it is not obvious that Sasuke can can open 5 gates like Rock Lee, depends on his taijutsu potential. But, what is apparent, is that Sasuke would be better at taijutsu in general (even if he can't master the same techniques) than rock lee would given the same time training, and the same focus in taijutsu training.

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:42 AM
whether its potential of just taijutsu or all 3 doesnt factor into it.....as long as lee has SOMETHING that he can work on to improve, then he has potential. I know that there's a limit until the skin just rips off his body, but im basing this off of anime physics/biology, not real physics/biology i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

besides, just as skin gets callous where it is exposed to extreme amounts of friction frequently, im sure his body would slowly adjust and heal in ways that would prepare it for the extreme amounts of weights that for someone who isnt prepared could have the flesh ripped right off.....granted at this point getting your potential any higher would require enough time that your body would probably end up aging and weakening throughout this process.....but this just means that the limit in his potential is ACTUALLY the amount of seconds in his life that he is given to work with

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:52 AM
Sure he has potential, just not more than most. For rock lee to be able to be as good as other ninjas, he has to make his taijutsu so strong that it makes up for their ninjutsu and genjutsu. To use what you said, eventually, this will shorten his seconds on earth, because there's only so much you can subject your body to before it begins deteriorate and die. In my opinion, because of the toll chakra use and the gate opening thinggie takes on the body, the anime physics/biology does account for this. Now, if we're looking at potential as the amount of seconds he has to work with, Rock Lee would have to begin dipping in his reserve pool (old age seconds?) before other ninjas of similar current strenght would. Meaning, he'd die sooner, which gets back to him having less potential. This is of course assuming that everyone is right about rock lee, and not missing something about him that causes him to be far more than just another punk, something like an imortal body...

Jessper
Thu, 06-10-2004, 03:29 AM
No. I'm not kidding. Sasuke learned the bulk of Lee's taijutsu in a month. So yeah, that's ALMOST what I'm saying, because that's ALMOST exactly what happened, minus the fact that the difference between Sasuke and Rock Lee really wasn't as great as the difference between the people in your example.

No, it is not obvious that Sasuke can can open 5 gates like Rock Lee, depends on his taijutsu potential. But, what is apparent, is that Sasuke would be better at taijutsu in general (even if he can't master the same techniques) than rock lee would given the same time training, and the same focus in taijutsu training.

The problem here is your wrong, Sasuke became able to move quite fast similar to Lee in one month, that doesn't involve taijutsu just ability to sprint, also as it was said Sasuke's artifical and overly fast training to acheive those speeds limited his stamina so he wouldn't be able to do it nearly as long as Lee so he was subpar in this respect(this all ties into my example...). On top of that, Lee's ability to open gates should be a factor of his potential.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Aone/Anbu version of episode 67, the one that's combined with 68, at around 12:37 in the video, Gai says: "He's as fast as Lee's normal speed." That covers the speed part. Then, right afterwards, Rock says: "His moves overlap with my...hand-to-hand combat style." Listen closely and you'll hear him say taijutsu while the subtibles are up. There you have it. He knows Lee's taijutsu. Stances, attacks, defenses, transitions, feints, you know, like I said, the bulk of his taijutsu. I don't know if he knows the konoha whirlwind attack (wouldn't be surprised if he did), or either one of the lotus attacks (he probably doesn't because you neeed to open the gates for that).

At around 15:49, Lee then says: "It took me many years to obtain that speed...And...And you obtained it in only a month." And there you go. What it took Lee to achieve in many years to get, it took Sasuke a month to get.

The stamina, you're right, his body is weaker than Lee's and he probably would have to train for some time to get a body strong enough to use that speed with as little effort as Lee does. Ok, have him run around in some weights for a about a year. Still less time than Lee. That'll never happen though, because Sasuke doesn't need to have that happen, unlike Lee. HE HAS NINJUTSU AND GENJUTSU HE CAN DRAW POWER FROM.

Lee's ability to open the gates is something that his potential allows for. But that speaks little of overall potential for everyone because of the crazy things we've seen even other genin do, like neiji. If neiji seals Rock's tenketsus?, then the gates opening this is useless if not impossible.

There you have it. Your argument depended upon me being wrong about Sasuke learning rock's taijutsu. I wasn't wrong.

Jessper
Thu, 06-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Your example is unfair though in the fact that Sasuke fought Lee while using the Sharingan. This didn't start as a arguement that Sasuke could get to the same level as Lee (taijutsu wise) but that anyone could if they put in as much work so the exceptional Sharingan user has an advantage that would allow him to learn the Taijutsu way faster than anyone else so his learning Lee's Taijutsu in a month is only because his bloodlimit allows him to learn moves instantly. We won't really know if Sasuke could achieve the same stamina via using weights for a year because everyone's body is different(except some peoples insanly ugly eyebrows).

I didn't say that Sasuke wasn't able to run as fast as Lee, he was but for a limited time were as Lee would have no problem(before the incident...) running that fast for longer periods of time.

So yes, Sasuke may be able to be just as good as Lee at Taijutsu but his Sharingan (chance to have a Sharingan... 3 in a billion i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif ) allows that. However I still doubt anyone (minus the 3 sharingan users) could have achieved the same level as Lee in that time.

RESPONSE TO BELOW: wow jessper.....are you hoping to confuse the other members to win your argument? wayyy too many verbs and adjectives in a single sentence

LOL, my bad i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Sorry for limiting the discussion to Sasuke. The argument probably went in that direction because there's really no one else to compare to. But, do you honestly think, that Lee, with his taijutsu alone, can surpass most normal ninjas who spend as much time training as lee does, even if they're training all three of their branches? If that's true, then Lee is not a dropout, a loser, or below average. He's exceptional if that's the case. You realize that complete wipes the purpose of his character right? If his taijutsu is just that exceptional that he'll surpass a normal ninja that trains as much, he's just another naruto, or another sasuke. Rock's ability is supposed to be that despite him being inferior, his prodigious efforts negate that, putting him on par with the best. But if you take a superior specimen (superior to Lee) that puts in an equally amazing amount of effort, he's supposed to be able to surpass Lee. If that's not the case, then Lee is not normal, he's a genius as defined in the anime (genetic freak?). Thus, making the effort surpasses genius point null.

Jessper
Thu, 06-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Sorry for limiting the discussion to Sasuke. The argument probably went in that direction because there's really no one else to compare to. But, do you honestly think, that Lee, with his taijutsu alone, can surpass most normal ninjas who spend as much time training as lee does, even if they're training all three of their branches? If that's true, then Lee is not a dropout, a loser, or below average. He's exceptional if that's the case. You realize that complete wipes the purpose of his character right? If his taijutsu is just that exceptional that he'll surpass a normal ninja that trains as much, he's just another naruto, or another sasuke. Rock's ability is supposed to be that despite him being inferior, his prodigious efforts negate that, putting him on par with the best. But if you take a superior specimen (superior to Lee) that puts in an equally amazing amount of effort, he's supposed to be able to surpass Lee. If that's not the case, then Lee is not normal, he's a genius as defined in the anime (genetic freak?). Thus, making the effort surpasses genius point null.

No, I don't think he would be as good as someone that trained as often as him doing all 3, but his resolve factored into it alot, even when he thought he was worthless he kept going (though this was in part gai) and got to the point where I belive he could have beat Neji. Plus he could still be a drop out even if he was able to surpass everyone because that just means he was awful at school =)

Also Lee IS a Genius, of hard work =P

Edit: oops, fixed that vv

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh, so you're NOT arguing that he would be as good as someone who trained as often? Well then, there's no argument is there? Nice not arguing with you. *scratches head* i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:00 PM
how fast you can learn something doesnt have as much to do with potential as it would for being a genius vs hard worker though
being uchiha, sasuke can naturally develop abilities sooner than most other characters could......just like how he was able to perform fire jutsus while most ninjas cant do that until they are chuunin or jounin

im sure you'd all agree with me in saying that naruto has the most potential out of everyone, but does that mean that he could reach lee's speed of taijutsu in a shorter amount of time than sasuke?

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying about "how fast you can learn something doesnt have as much to do with potential as it would for being a genius vs hard worker though". But, a couple of things. I think genius as used in reference to people with a bloodline limit refers to their clan's abilities, not their overall aptitude at learning something. About Naruto learning the speed faster than Sasuke, I think he might, because his body is already stronger, and he has more stamina. That is, unless Sasuke used the sharingan to learn the speed, but I got the impression that he used it only for the taijutsu.

Tass
Sat, 06-12-2004, 06:24 AM
just an update for you guys...potential is how much better they can become. it doesnt have to do with "how amazing they are now" so much as it has to do with "how much more amazing can they get." saying that...i think the little kids or any of the female characters have the greatist potential. sorry mia, but that includes sakura. she could get a lot better...if the anime lets her.

my defence for that is this: lets use neji, and hinata as examples. (these numbers are completly made up...im not saying that this is their current level...this is only an example) lets say neji is a 8 out of 16, and Hinata is a 4 out of 16 (the 1st numbers being their current abilty level, and the 2nd being the ability the could reach)...neji's potential is 8, while Hinata's potential is 12...therefore Hinata has a higher potential.

the number one flaw of this thread/question is the fact that we dont know how good any of the characters will get. thats just how this anime is. therefore, we cant say who has the most potential...we can only guess bassed on what the anime hints at. who knows...maybe in the next episode, sakura reveals that she can blow up the world at will, using her amazing new ability:"Wrath of Sakura!!". then i believe she went from one of the weakest characters to one of the mose powerful, meaning she had the most potential. just showing you that theres no way of knowing who has the greatest potential untill its all over. and when that time comes, it wont be potential anymore, it would be current skill level. See the flaw?

aside from that, its fun to guess, and argue...just keep ^that^ in mind.

EDIT: lol, i wonder how many people took 1 look at my post and said "screw that...im not gonna read all that" ...sorry =/ i'm not sure how i could shorten it, so i just posted it...

Shuurai
Sat, 06-12-2004, 07:13 AM
Naruto

jing
Sat, 06-12-2004, 08:07 AM
Lee probably got his speed in a month just like Sasuke.
He wasn't able to take off his weights because it wasn't allowed so maybe he didn't realize he got his speed in a month.

and it never said anywhere that opening gates depend on the person's taijutsu potential... so Rock Lee IS A GENIUS, says by KAKASHI. and KAKASHI is ALWAYS right!!!!

Nara Shikamaru VI
Sat, 06-12-2004, 09:03 AM
agree

Lee is a genius, eventhough he might not be aware of it

PSJ
Sat, 06-12-2004, 09:30 AM
why argue, everybody knows that naruto got the most potential becuase he is the main character he will never lose a fight and will be the strongest in the end.

just to argue a little. sasuke is nowhere near lee yet. sasuke can uphold the speed in maybe 1 or 2 minutes at max rock can do it for 20 - 30 minutes. so sasuke grasped the speed and tecnique in a month but the stamina to do it is far, far away. and who said lee didnt grasp the speed and tecnique in a month we dont know that.

Sat, 06-12-2004, 12:43 PM
i kinda argree with the lee being on par with potential...

i mean ... what is potential? is it supposed to be a body state that determines it? like naruto having nine tails hence potential?

if it is, then u could argue sasuke having more, but why is gai just as good as kakashi who has sharingan? we should ignore the fact that kakashi didn't have it at first, since kakashi still considers himself an "advanced bloodline" in the zabuza saga.

Assertn
Sat, 06-12-2004, 12:46 PM
lee is a "genius of hard work"
thats all that kakashi and gai meant

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 06-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
Which character that we've seen do you think possesses the most potential and why? (didn't see a similar topic so made this)

Of course Naruto is the character with most potential, but he is the main character. So I voted for Shikamaru. His tactics are insanely brilliant, put him in any team and he will effectively double their capabilities.

Put him as a lead tactician of a village, and the village's strength will increase dramatically.

Tass
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by: 010577
i kinda argree with the lee being on par with potential...

i mean ... what is potential? is it supposed to be a body state that determines it? like naruto having nine tails hence potential?

if it is, then u could argue sasuke having more, but why is gai just as good as kakashi who has sharingan? we should ignore the fact that kakashi didn't have it at first, since kakashi still considers himself an "advanced bloodline" in the zabuza saga.

lol, told you no one read my post =P...i said exactly what potential is...read the 1st line of my previous post...

jing
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Gai thinks Rock is the genius of hardwork, But not Kakashi.
Kakashi thinks he is a genius because he could open 5 gates.

It was something like this.
kakashi:"gai, how many gates can this kid open"
Gai:"5"
kakashi:"... gai, this kid is a #$^@#$ genius!!"

kakash11
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
LOL believe it or not. i think sakura has A LOT of potential. She can mold chakra almost perfectly. THe only thing thats bad with her (and its a really bad thing) is that she doesnt train and shes more interested in Sasuke than in being a ninja. But really, sakura could be very strong if she trained. Therefore, i think she has a lot of potential. Not saying the most but a lot.

The person who i think has the most potential is Shikamaru because he is already a genius therefore being able to make extremely good strategies. If he trained more and became less lazy he could probably become the next "professor". Thats just my opinion though so don't hurt me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kakash11
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:40 PM
LOL believe it or not. i think sakura has A LOT of potential. She can mold chakra almost perfectly. THe only thing thats bad with her (and its a really bad thing) is that she doesnt train and shes more interested in Sasuke than in being a ninja. But really, sakura could be very strong if she trained. Therefore, i think she has a lot of potential. Not saying the most but a lot.

The person who i think has the most potential is Shikamaru because he is already a genius therefore being able to make extremely good strategies. If he trained more and became less lazy he could probably become the next "professor". Thats just my opinion though so don't hurt me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

kakash11
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:41 PM

kakash11
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:41 PM

The person who i think has the most potential (besides naruto) is Shikamaru because he is already a genius therefore being able to make extremely good strategies. If he trained more and became less lazy he could probably become the next "professor". Thats just my opinion though so don't hurt me i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

HOLY CRAP sorry for the QUADRUPLE POST!! lmao sorry it took soo long to load that i just kept clicking.. sorry guys.

chambers
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:46 PM
try editing them so they are balnk, and at jing i think th reason WHY he can open 5 gates is because hes a hardwork genius, both kakashi and gai see this, hes worked hard to go from nothing to opening 5 gates,

jing
Sat, 06-12-2004, 06:45 PM
i don't know about that, but could be.

i think its because not ANYONE can open gates. He's probably never seen any kid that can open 5 gates, and get the speed of hokage for a short while of time.

Enigmatic_Paragon
Sun, 06-13-2004, 01:01 PM
I dont see Sakura as having too much potential personally. I mean, sure she can mold and chakra well, but so can just about everyone except the genins. Its like maths. When you start off at 4-5 years old, addition and subtraction is a task, and if you can grasp them well, then you'd be ahead of everyone. Now tell me, bythe time people leave primary school, who *cant* add an subtract?

Knowing the basics very well makes her stand out amongst the lower grade ninja. However amongst jounins and probably chuninns, that control is likely taken for granted - everyone would have grasped it completely by then.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-13-2004, 03:46 PM
yeah, i agree with Enigmatic, just being able to mold chakra well, a basic, dosn't mean she has a lot of potential - -

Death BOO Z
Sun, 06-13-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by: jing
i don't know about that, but could be.

i think its because not ANYONE can open gates. He's probably never seen any kid that can open 5 gates, and get the speed of hokage for a short while of time.

My guess is that it's becuase neither Kakashi nor Gai can open the fifth gate, meaning that Lee has surpassed his master in that field...
but that's just what i think, there's nothing to proove it right or wrong, so it doesn't really matter

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 04:44 PM
Perhaps the most simple answer to the question would be Naruto, mainly because it's his show and if anyone else can out grow naruto then the show shouldnt be called Naruto..

Tass
Mon, 06-14-2004, 02:56 PM
saying that #1 is Naruto is a complete guess...unless you know from somewhere (like read the manga or something) the only characters that we KNOW have potential (supposing they dont die an un-natural death) is:

#1 Sasuke
#2 Itachi
#3 Kakashi

They are the only ones we know have potential because they have sharingin(sp?). so as long as we assume they live as long as normal people do in the anime, they have the most potential. Sasuke first, cuz hes the youngest. Itachi second, cuz hes got alot of years ahead of him to learn. And Kakashi third, because he's the oldest. after that, id say the female characters and the children, cuz they havn't showed much, and could become a lot better.

this is all based on my previous theory (which i now revised to include the sharingins amazing power to copy other techniques), which i would be so bold as to state as a fact...unless someone would like to challenge it...which would be fun =^_^=

Originally posted by: Tass
just an update for you guys...potential is how much better they can become. it doesnt have to do with "how amazing they are now" so much as it has to do with "how much more amazing can they get." saying that...i think the little kids or any of the female characters have the greatist potential. sorry mia, but that includes sakura. she could get a lot better...if the anime lets her.

my defence for that is this: lets use neji, and hinata as examples. (these numbers are completly made up...im not saying that this is their current level...this is only an example) lets say neji is a 8 out of 16, and Hinata is a 4 out of 16 (the 1st numbers being their current abilty level, and the 2nd being the ability the could reach)...neji's potential is 8, while Hinata's potential is 12...therefore Hinata has a higher potential.

the number one flaw of this thread/question is the fact that we dont know how good any of the characters will get. thats just how this anime is. therefore, we cant say who has the most potential...we can only guess bassed on what the anime hints at. who knows...maybe in the next episode, sakura reveals that she can blow up the world at will, using her amazing new ability:"Wrath of Sakura!!". then i believe she went from one of the weakest characters to one of the mose powerful, meaning she had the most potential. just showing you that theres no way of knowing who has the greatest potential untill its all over. and when that time comes, it wont be potential anymore, it would be current skill level. See the flaw?

aside from that, its fun to guess, and argue...just keep ^that^ in mind.

Xein
Tue, 06-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Well with Naruto being the main character and all it's a given he'll have the most potential... But other than that I'd have to say sasuke because aside from his bloodline ability and genius thinking he's also naruto's rival and is gonna try as hard as possible to surpass naruto, and also become strong so he can kill itachi, who he knows is way stronger than him at this point. The sharingan does seem to have the most potential of the abilities though, but I'd say naruto having the nine-tails in him puts him above anything else. I can see Itachi still having potential since he's only 17, but I don't see him fufilling that potetinal because he probably sees no reason to train more and has met very few people that can compare to him. Kakashi may still have some potetinal but he is already a good age( around 26-27) and he seems to be too lazy to really train or care to improve much... It actually seems like most of the Jounin are at their peak and don't really do much besides teach the genins or do missions, which I don't understand because I'd think ninja would be in a constant state of improvement and have the desire to better themselves, unless they reach their peaks early in life. Then again it's impossible to know what they are doing and I guess it'd be difficult to tell if they improve since they don't really fight equal opponents or test their skills like the kids do.

Mut
Wed, 06-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by: Xein
Well with Naruto being the main character and all it's a given he'll have the most potential... But other than that I'd have to say sasuke because aside from his bloodline ability and genius thinking he's also naruto's rival and is gonna try as hard as possible to surpass naruto, and also become strong so he can kill itachi, who he knows is way stronger than him at this point. The sharingan does seem to have the most potential of the abilities though, but I'd say naruto having the nine-tails in him puts him above anything else. I can see Itachi still having potential since he's only 17, but I don't see him fufilling that potetinal because he probably sees no reason to train more and has met very few people that can compare to him. Kakashi may still have some potetinal but he is already a good age( around 26-27) and he seems to be too lazy to really train or care to improve much... It actually seems like most of the Jounin are at their peak and don't really do much besides teach the genins or do missions, which I don't understand because I'd think ninja would be in a constant state of improvement and have the desire to better themselves, unless they reach their peaks early in life. Then again it's impossible to know what they are doing and I guess it'd be difficult to tell if they improve since they don't really fight equal opponents or test their skills like the kids do.

this guy actually knows what he is talking about and i agree with him. kinda neat.

jing
Wed, 06-16-2004, 01:37 AM
I think Sasuke has the most potential. His sharingan will help him through it. PLUS without sharingan he is already a rookie of the year.

BluePoison
Wed, 06-16-2004, 10:12 AM
My vote goes to Rock Lee firstly his stamina is damn good and his speed is outstanding and he is a hardwoking person, therefore i belief his determination and diligence will help him shine out.

Rock_Lee69
Sun, 07-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Um, I hope you're not saying that Sasuke somehow draws power from offensive or illusionary techniques! Genjutsu would do little to deter Rock Lee from winning the battle, along with his current offensive attacks (chidori)(Flame attacks). Did you happen to notice just how fast Rock Lee moved when he opened just the 4th gate alone? He was moving so fast, the not only could he hit Naruto, Neji, Itachi, Jiraya, Sakura before they move, but he'd kill them outright with the outrageous combos he can pull. As explained by Gai, why would someone need to know genjutsu or ninjutsu when they're that *&%$ powerful?

As for the Sakura topic....Well, you could compare her to naruto, while naruto's supply is unlimited, so is sakura's, 'cause she doesn't waste any chakra when performing her techniques (Ebito), thus, if she actually had a will for battle, and a decent ninjutsu/genjutsu move line-up in her mind, she'd be more than a match for most people, however, not anyone that could outmanuver her in speed. (Speed is everything).

Mut
Mon, 07-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by: Rock_Lee69
He was moving so fast, the not only could he hit Naruto, Neji, Itachi, Jiraya, Sakura before they move, but he'd kill them outright with the outrageous combos he can pull. As explained by Gai, why would someone need to know genjutsu or ninjutsu when they're that *&%$ powerful?

you're wrong.

jing
Mon, 07-05-2004, 05:47 AM
Um, I hope you're not saying that Sasuke somehow draws power from offensive or illusionary techniques! Genjutsu would do little to deter Rock Lee from winning the battle, along with his current offensive attacks (chidori)(Flame attacks). Did you happen to notice just how fast Rock Lee moved when he opened just the 4th gate alone? He was moving so fast, the not only could he hit Naruto, Neji, Itachi, Jiraya, Sakura before they move, but he'd kill them outright with the outrageous combos he can pull. As explained by Gai, why would someone need to know genjutsu or ninjutsu when they're that *&%$ powerful?

As for the Sakura topic....Well, you could compare her to naruto, while naruto's supply is unlimited, so is sakura's, 'cause she doesn't waste any chakra when performing her techniques (Ebito), thus, if she actually had a will for battle, and a decent ninjutsu/genjutsu move line-up in her mind, she'd be more than a match for most people, however, not anyone that could outmanuver her in speed. (Speed is everything).

i bet jiraiya can't even run fast in his wooden sandles, but he still ownz rock lee. (speed is not everything)

Sabotender
Mon, 07-05-2004, 06:25 PM
I agree with Enigmatic_Paragon, i voted Haku

Haku at such a young age had great power, if Naruto was not the main character in the story then Naruto would have lost.
We also see that Haku could controll waster and Ice when he was a small child (the flashback when he avoids being killed by his father) I mean, those massive Ice spikes is no simple thing.

Haku never went to any ninja school, he was found and raised by Zabusa, Haku was not trained like a normal ninja but trained as a weapon and tool for Zabusa, if Haku had gone to school he would have been the best, as he never shows any weakness (he was not beaten due to weakness, but due to his enemy having the 9tailed fox)
However if Haku did not go to a ninja school, but had not died, then he would still be very powerfull, i personaly feel that Zabusa would have let Haku go, cause he could not train him any more, and Haku would have wandered the world just becomming stronger.

As far as i know, he has the best Blood line tech, full Ice controll, and at his still young age, he had developed at least two Jutsus, and lets still not forget the Ice spike thing i mentioned earlier.

PSJ
Mon, 07-05-2004, 06:38 PM
i think haku became strong because he was trained as a tool. and the one with most potential is naruto because he is the main character there is no changing hat.

Rock_Lee69
Mon, 07-05-2004, 10:41 PM
How does one even form a seal when they have a 90 mph foot coming at their face at near the speed of light? In a one on one fight between Rock Lee and anyone else (with the assumtion that all 8 gates are open), even in a draw, he'd finish off anyone, even if it meant his death.

Mut
Mon, 07-05-2004, 10:50 PM
i can bet that kakashi can kill him.

Pyron
Tue, 07-06-2004, 12:55 AM
How does one even form a seal when they have a 90 mph foot coming at their face at near the speed of light? In a one on one fight between Rock Lee and anyone else (with the assumtion that all 8 gates are open), even in a draw, he'd finish off anyone, even if it meant his death.

i'm assuming for good ninjas, that replacement jutsu it pretty easy to do. that in my opinion would be the key to beating the speed

japanaman
Tue, 07-06-2004, 09:14 AM
i dont know about that, i bet if Rock had only one more gate opened he would have completely destroyed Gaara, or any other Gennin for that matter.

As for who has the most potential, it has to be Shikamaru. I mean come on, this kid is some kind of super genius. If he honed his skills a little more, i bet he could beat anybody. Well, almost anybody.........

kakash11
Tue, 07-06-2004, 09:50 AM
Rock Lee cannot beat Jiraiya. End of discussion. Rock Lee cannot beat Kakashi. Rock Lee can beat Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, and a lot of the other genins but no way can he beat Jiraiya (a sannin) or Kakashi (a super duper ultra cool jounin/former ANBU i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif)

Jessper
Tue, 07-06-2004, 04:46 PM

First, 90mph is no where near the speed of light. Second you think way way to highly of Lee, even with 8 gates Gai said you would have the power of a Hokage, but there are people stronger than a Hokage.

Rock_Lee69
Tue, 07-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Stronger than the Hokage? Have you forgotten how that title is achieved? Secondly, i think everyone's overrating kakashi. So he possesses multiple techniques that could be useful against a slow thinking, slowing moving opponent. How does that give him the edge in a fight when he's getting hit first, and harder. Plus, when it's mentioned that the replacement technique (when done correctly and quickly) should be the key to defeating Rock Lee, even if there is around 5 clones (most shinobi) Rock could defeat every one of them in an instant. I think everyone underestimates Rock Lee, and apparently throws strength out the window when it comes to comparison of other shinobi. Ninjutsu and Genjutsu are not the only determining factors to a battle.

Mut
Tue, 07-06-2004, 07:59 PM
ok, let's see... rock lee with 5 gates opened, barely put a scratch on gaara and that was his 'normal' form... rock lee is garbage. stop overrating him and his gates.

japanaman
Tue, 07-06-2004, 09:47 PM
i said ALMOST anybody. and by that i meant people his age. Obviously Gai, Kakashi, the Sannins, and the hokage are way too advanced for him right now, but if given time and enough trainig Lee might just be good enough to maybe hang with one of the aformentioned people, MIGHT...

kaigan
Tue, 07-06-2004, 10:46 PM
who cares about other trashy characters, especially gay ass sauke. He's more garbage than Lee.

winner: naruto

end of discussion

Jessper
Wed, 07-07-2004, 02:40 AM
Stronger than the Hokage? Have you forgotten how that title is achieved? Secondly, i think everyone's overrating kakashi. So he possesses multiple techniques that could be useful against a slow thinking, slowing moving opponent. How does that give him the edge in a fight when he's getting hit first, and harder. Plus, when it's mentioned that the replacement technique (when done correctly and quickly) should be the key to defeating Rock Lee, even if there is around 5 clones (most shinobi) Rock could defeat every one of them in an instant. I think everyone underestimates Rock Lee, and apparently throws strength out the window when it comes to comparison of other shinobi. Ninjutsu and Genjutsu are not the only determining factors to a battle.

Ok, let me explain it to you slowly. The Hokage got beat by Orochimaru who got away with at least his life, Oro was pissed that Itachi was stronger than him, Itachi had to run away from Jiraiya(and was forced to use what I would guess is one of his most powerful techniques), Tsunade is...scary.

So there seems to be a few people at least. Plus if Lee ever made eye contact with Kakshi it would be over imo.

Rock_Lee69
Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:14 AM
I've actually come to a new conclusion regardless of what others say. I've been watching some of the earlier anime episodes through episode 20 and it got me thinking. The first time Naruto got nearly possesed by Kyubi, he was extremely fast and agile, MORE SO THAN HAKU. Also, in the later episodes, we see that the next time that Naruto has to use the Kyubi, he becomes even faster. Assuming he doesn't get killed by anyone in that organization of itachi's, eventually he'd be the best. Why? Well, suppose him and Rock Lee grew at the same rate, eventually, Rock Lee would have all 8 gates open and Naruto would only be at some stronger point in his growth. However, the Kyubi's chakra is unlimited, so therefore, Naruto's power would continuously grow, making him faster, and stronger. Plus, I bet Naruto would learn some Kick A$$ Jutsu's along with Impressive Taijutsu. So, now i vote for naruto in 1st, Rock Lee in 2nd, and Gaara in 3rd.

Mut
Wed, 07-07-2004, 12:24 PM
I've actually come to a new conclusion regardless of what others say. I've been watching some of the earlier anime episodes through episode 20 and it got me thinking. The first time Naruto got nearly possesed by Kyubi, he was extremely fast and agile, MORE SO THAN HAKU. Also, in the later episodes, we see that the next time that Naruto has to use the Kyubi, he becomes even faster. Assuming he doesn't get killed by anyone in that organization of itachi's, eventually he'd be the best. Why? Well, suppose him and Rock Lee grew at the same rate, eventually, Rock Lee would have all 8 gates open and Naruto would only be at some stronger point in his growth. However, the Kyubi's chakra is unlimited, so therefore, Naruto's power would continuously grow, making him faster, and stronger. Plus, I bet Naruto would learn some Kick A$$ Jutsu's along with Impressive Taijutsu. So, now i vote for naruto in 1st, Rock Lee in 2nd, and Gaara in 3rd.

stop overestimating these gennins. and yeah, did you actually have to think about who the strongest would be...? i just looked at the title of the anime and knew right off the bat.

Rock_Lee69
Wed, 07-07-2004, 08:51 PM
"overestimating these gennins"? I believe the title of this thread was "Who has the most potential"! ONLY THE GENNINS HAVE THE POSSIBLITY FOR POTENTIAL, PEOPLE LIKE KAKASHI AND JIRAIYA ARE GETTING OLD AND HAVE LOST ALMOST ALL POTENTIAL 'CAUSE THEY'RE LIVING WHAT'S KNOWN AS THEIR "POTENTIAL" RIGHT NOW! Not saying they're weak, just saying they're done growing.

jing
Wed, 07-07-2004, 09:39 PM

Dude, are you telling me that Kakashi is slow then? Look at his "rival", its none other than the speed demon Maito Gai. Also, in the prelim battles, the jounins were incredibly fast at stopping Neji from owning Hinata. They were down there in an instant. (i wouldn't call that slow). He kept up with Itachi too, remember his water clone, that saved his life. You saying Itachi is slow? I don't get why you think his jutsus are only good against slow moving opponents. PLEASE DO EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

Edit: Also, I don't think Rock Lee has the most potential. A person without an arm or a leg cannot be of much use. He technically isn't even a ninja right now.

Shadow
Wed, 07-07-2004, 10:17 PM
to anybody who says haku has t he most potential, haku this, and haku that, its OBVIOUS that thats ur favorite charachter like Rock Lee is Rock Lee69's favorite character. haku may be strong yea i agree wit that, but just cuz he has his advance bloodline. For those that say that haku was gonna beat naruto if it wasnt for that kyubi shit, well think of it like this, who would win, haku w/o his advance bloodline or naruto w/o kyubi. Think of kyubi as narutos version of an advance bloodline, haku may have that ice advance bloodline but against naruto with kyubi, he stands no chance.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-07-2004, 10:21 PM
"overestimating these gennins"? I believe the title of this thread was "Who has the most potential"! ONLY THE GENNINS HAVE THE POSSIBLITY FOR POTENTIAL, PEOPLE LIKE KAKASHI AND JIRAIYA ARE GETTING OLD AND HAVE LOST ALMOST ALL POTENTIAL 'CAUSE THEY'RE LIVING WHAT'S KNOWN AS THEIR "POTENTIAL" RIGHT NOW! Not saying they're weak, just saying they're done growing.

You realize that kakashi is closer in age to the genins than he is to jiraiya right (genins 10-12, kakashi 26, jiraiya 50. Do the math). Also, it's my theory that no one ever reaches they're true potential, and I think it holds true for the ninjas in naruto. So, it's possible for every single ninja out there to get stronger, meaning, they still have potential.

Shadow
Wed, 07-07-2004, 10:24 PM
oh yea, rock lee i would have to say has the most potential, think about it, he's the hardest working person there, he even works harder than naruto. For God's sake he had a broken arm and broken leg and was out there in the blazing heat sweating his ass off doing 1 handed push ups. Also, remember the flashback when we was a lil kid wit his funny lookin hair cut, when gai saw him training in the very morning and at night came back and he was still there, and he did that for days and thats hardwork. And plus, his hard working will increase his potential and we already know wat he can do. Rock Lee has the most potential cuz of his hardwork but seriously, he is the most underrated character in the anime, but of course naruto will end up wit the most potential since it IS his anime, just read the name of the anime.

Mut
Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by: Shadow
oh yea, rock lee i would have to say has the most potential, think about it, he's the hardest working person there, he even works harder than naruto. For God's sake he had a broken arm and broken leg and was out there in the blazing heat sweating his ass off doing 1 handed push ups. Also, remember the flashback when we was a lil kid wit his funny lookin hair cut, when gai saw him training in the very morning and at night came back and he was still there, and he did that for days and thats hardwork. And plus, his hard working will increase his potential and we already know wat he can do. Rock Lee has the most potential cuz of his hardwork but seriously, he is the most underrated character in the anime, but of course naruto will end up wit the most potential since it IS his anime, just read the name of the anime.

i don't think a lot of you even know what potential really means (i'm not just pointing at shadow). rock lee doing push ups with broken leg and arm has nothing to do with potential and has more to do with stupidity and determination. lee working hard at anything is just determination.

excluding naruto, the one with the most potential is obviously sasuke. he IS gonna beat itachi. and don't give me crap about how he hasn't mastered his bloodline like neji has with his and how that makes sasuke with lesser potential than neji.

EDIT: response to below:

i do mind. =D

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Originally posted by: Shadow

i don't think a lot of you even know what potential really means (i'm not just pointing at shadow). rock lee doing push ups with broken leg and arm has nothing to do with potential and has more to do with stupidity and determination. lee working hard at anything is just determination.

excluding naruto, the one with the most potential is obviously sasuke. he IS gonna beat itachi. and don't give me crap about how he hasn't mastered his bloodline like neji has with his and how that makes sasuke with lesser potential than neji.

If you don't mind my asking, what do you consider potential to be?

edit: heh.

Xein
Wed, 07-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Potential has nothing to do with how much work you do... Yeah lee is like "a genius can be beaten by hardwork" This is very true, because if the genius is lazy he hasnt reached his potential, but this doesnt mean he has more potential he has just used what he was given better...But in time the genius will surpass him, That's why lee can never compare to someone like sasuke or naruto in the future...

thundrakkon
Thu, 07-08-2004, 01:07 AM
Potential, from my understanding on this topic, is the probability that a fighter has to become stronger and more powerful. From that same line of logic, you could have potential if you are a genius and gifted with natural abilities. However, if you work hard enough, you could have the potential to surpass geniuses who do nothing to improve themselves.

Besides Naruto (which I think is unfair to list since he has unlimited potential with the nine-tail's infinite chakra), my vote goes to Haku, since he displayed more ability at such a young age than the others. He was both intelligent and strong. He also had a good heart and was caring. Those feelings could lead him to become even stronger, like Naruto did against Gaara for Sakura and Sasuke.

Btw, way to go ShinobiNeko! 186 posts so far for your topic!

japanaman
Thu, 07-08-2004, 10:30 AM
shikamaru!!!

kakashi_gurl
Thu, 07-08-2004, 01:21 PM
obviously naruto...but of course..i didnt vote for naruto cuz thats cheap...even tho sasuke isnt my fave charc..and i absolutely dispise him...and think he's juz a stupid ass show off..i voted for him..cuz he's smart and strong..

i personally think HARUNO SAKURA HAS NO POTENTIAL WHAT SO EVER!!

Rock_Lee69
Thu, 07-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Honestly, i'm against Sasuke because he's way too head strong in battle, and, come on; do you honestly think that he could beat Gaara or Neji? Neji would knock the $hit outta him, and Gaara's already proven that he's MORE than a match for Sasuke! The only possible hope i see for Sasuke is if he learns those 3 (2 known so far) bad A$$ moves that Itachi knows. Than I'd say he's definately near the top.

Rock_Lee69
Thu, 07-08-2004, 10:22 PM
P.S. Naruto's not a genius, he's a hard worker like Rock Lee

AngryGumball
Fri, 07-09-2004, 07:34 PM
I agree Sakura has the most potential just because we have not seen her do anything, she must have potential otherwise she wouldn't have been suggested by Kakashi to take the middle exam. He is smart enough and cares enough to not willingly just risk her life for nothing if she did not feel she had potential.
We have just never seen it.

Does anything else think its flat out wrong that Sasuke simply learned to move as fast as Lee? Are their any limitations to Sharingan copying abilities, and how does Sharingan simply copy fast movement thats not a technique thats just work, and becoming as fast as Lee in one month, no way do I buy that. I hated that part of the creative development process with sasuke. If he was able to move so fast why didn't he use it against Itachi, its like it was forgotten. Sasuke does not give me the feeling that he earned his powers or uses them well enough to make me go wow for him. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 07-09-2004, 07:52 PM
I think it's fine that Sasuke got the speed and the techniques. He used his sharingan to copy the techniques, which is rock's fighting style. The speed though came from his own training. Because of who Sasuke is (one of the main characters, sharingan user, brother of Uchiha "badass" Itachi), I find it acceptable that he obtained that speed. Oh, and it also serves to show that Sasuke is more than just his sharingan. Even without it he probably would be able to mature to a ninja that's way better than average (assuming everything else about him stayed the same.)

Mut
Fri, 07-09-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by: AngryGumball
Does anything else think its flat out wrong that Sasuke simply learned to move as fast as Lee? Are their any limitations to Sharingan copying abilities, and how does Sharingan simply copy fast movement thats not a technique thats just work, and becoming as fast as Lee in one month, no way do I buy that. I hated that part of the creative development process with sasuke. If he was able to move so fast why didn't he use it against Itachi, its like it was forgotten. Sasuke does not give me the feeling that he earned his powers or uses them well enough to make me go wow for him. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

i don't think you have any idea what you're talking about. fortunately, uchiha barles explained it clearly and did a pretty nice job.

jing
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:06 PM
However, Naruto is no where near the level of Lee's hardworking.

Naruto ain't a genius, but he got kyubi in his stomach and alot of chakra. thats why he has potential. lots of chakra=badass in the world of naruto.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:54 PM
I think sakura has the least potential, with all the other characters out there, they are much more interesting and have more potential. And I kind of agree with what Rock_Lee 69 said about Sasuke

Rock_Lee69
Fri, 07-09-2004, 11:56 PM
AngryGumball, I'm totally with you. Sasuke, as i mentioned before, is too head strong to use his abilities correctly. I have to disagree with you on the statement you said saying "how does Sharingan simply copy fast movement thats not a technique thats just work" Well...one of the sharingan's abilities is to copy Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, and Taijutsu. That's how Sasuke was able to do those fairly decent combo's in the Preliminary matches. Rock Lee said "Sasuke copied my movements when we were fighting". Though, i still agree, in a month, they really over did his speed. Like Lee Said "He's got my speed, but doesn't have the stamina to keep it up". So in other words, he goes all out, only to leave himself helpless if the battle ensues long enough. That's why i say he's headstrong and i don't consider him a high ranking quality fighter. Sure, when he takes the time to think, he actually pulles of successful stategy's, but most of the time, his vengeful rage towards his brother takes over, and leaves him only to fall into someone else's power.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Sasuke, headstrong? I'm not going to deny that, but I have to say that so far, it's had absolutely no effect in any of his battles. He's a calculating fighter, measuring up the opponent's abilities, finding ways to counter and attack. Actually, that goes for pretty much every ninja (including Naruto, who is the truly headstrong one). I just don't see how you can say that Sasuke doesn't use his abilities correctly. He lost four fights, one to naruto (early eps, not even a real fight), one to Haku (which he it looked like he was going to win, until Haku went for Naruto), one to Orochimaru (and he was able to show his brilliance in that fight, even if he did lose) and one to Gaara (because unlike Naruto, Sasuke simply doesn't have anything that can compare to the power of a demon.) Except for first "fight", Sasuke showed that he's one of the best genin around. His "headstrongness" has never played a factor. Oh, and about that hatred thing...It saved his life against gaara by bringing out the cursed seal. I almost wish Naruto didn't show up to just to see how far Sasuke could've went.

About the speed. One of the reasons Sasuke probably can't keep the speed up for long is that he's so new to that type of speed. With more training, his body will get stronger and he'll be able to make better use out of it. Even rock was tired from all the fighting after awhile. Also, him acquiring the speed in a month is an amazing accomplishment, something that had nothing to do with his sharingan (although the taijutsu did), and something that few, if any of the other genins could've done. Sasuke owns, and is definately one of the top genin. About beating neiji, I'm pretty sure it would be an awesome matchup that could go either way.

Masakari
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Barles, not that I disagree with you, but when Naruto fought Gaara, he very rarely used the nine-tail's chakra. He forced Gaara to reveal his true form before he even touched the nine-tail's chakra. (And when he summoned, you don't see his chakra color because he's covered in sand, and we don't see him outright asking for chakra like he has been doing, and near the end of the fight while fighting on top of gamabunta. Basically speculating that Naruto may not need the nine-tail's to summon the frog boss, though he still needs that dire situation giving him the pressure to do it).

I doubt Sasuke could've gone further than he did though, when Naruto was in danger of being crushed by Gaara's sand (right before he summoned) Sasuke tried to move and save him but he couldn't. Now I know Sasuke isn't the most upright fellow, but he would at least try to save Naruto.

And about Sasuke's speed, yeah if I remember right Rock Lee made a comment on how Sasuke probably couldn't hold the speed for very long, but he was still amazed how quick he had gotten.

Mut
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:50 AM
naruto used the kyubi chakra couple of times during the gaara fight. naruto cannot summon gamabunta without kyubi chakra.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 07-10-2004, 12:53 AM
I have a feeling if Naruto didn't show up during the Gaara vs Sasuke part, that Sasuke would have lost he was pretty beat. And even though the cursed seal showed up, i kind of think that wouldn't have done much, otherwise that would have made what Kakashi told him about how he can only use it a certain amout of times, and then that's it, useless so, keeping that in mind, I think that was about as far as Sasuke could go *at this point* But I still think that the hatred he has is actually more of a hinterance than anything, though it does give him drive, it also makes him reckless, when Itachi is there. But anyways, I thinkt hat Neji vs Sasuke would really be an interesting fight, to see the two best Konoha gakure bloodlines go at it would be cool...wonder if that would ever happen though..

oishi
Sat, 07-10-2004, 03:52 AM
I have just watched till ep 50 but just like to put in a few opinions. I agree it will be interesting between neji and sasuke but Sauske's sharingan is pretty limited as it can only copy skills which are not of bloodline origin. Furthermore, he is pretty blinded revenge which is hindering his potential.

Still I think the one with the most potential is gaara cos his mound of sand seems is a very potent form of attack and defense! Even Rock Lee's primary lotus failed to cause much damage. I think Naruto is a bit overrated cos the nine tailed fox is mostly responsible for his high level of chakra and he seems to be too hot headed at times.

Barumonk
Sat, 07-10-2004, 04:19 AM
Sakura. Assuming that Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura become like Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade respectivly. Sakura at some point will have to advance to the same level as Naruto and Sasuke. In doing this, she would have to advance atleast twice as fast as both Naruto and Sasuke, and theoretically if she kept up that pace, then at some point she would surpass Naruto and Sasuke to the extent that they would never be able to catch up save for the fact that Naruto is the main character and Sasuke is Kishimoto's favorite (and Naruto's rival). You could say that Sakura still doesn't have alot of potential, she will just reach her maximum at a fast pace, or that someone else could become the next virtual Tsunade. Either way, at some point if she does catch up to Naruto and Sasuke there is no mistaking that atleast for that arc, reguardless of current level, Sakura will show by far the most potential seen in the entire series.

KameronFrye
Sat, 07-10-2004, 04:44 AM
Rock Lee, plain and simple. He will come back, and he will destroy everyone who brings him trouble. And then he will some day open all gates and destroy all. In the GCN game, his special takes off 3/4 of your life, then on completing it he can do it again the second it's finished. Course, hit him with a kunai or a hard hit while he's at 5th Gate mode, and he's done for, but still.

Rock_Lee69
Sat, 07-10-2004, 04:19 PM
I'll respect your perspective on Sakura, but there's only one thing i'm against with her. Even if she became quite strong (that is of course, Ninjutsu-ly speaking) her small female body frame couldn't take too many (if any) really stong blows...it would just throw her outta the match too fast. Unless they give Sakura some absolutely amazing and mind blowing techniques later, with unmatched wit and thought out precision's, she won't be much of a challenge. We'll have to wait and see.

Rock-Lee
Sat, 07-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Yes but he didnt used kyuubi's chakra when he did the mass shadow replication. So and he almost beat gaara without the kyuubi's chakra. If gaara didnt transfor in that monster naruto would have won.

chambers
Sat, 07-10-2004, 06:44 PM
i have to disagree, naruto wouldnt have touched gaara at all had he not transformed and ruined his defence.

Rock_Lee69
Sat, 07-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Well, that's a legitimate arguement. Think about it, how good would naruto have done had Gaara contained his rage, and just let the sand stay a shield, would naruto been able to hurt him at all?

Rock_Lee69
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Also consider how the battle would've turned out had Gaara went psycho when fighting Rock Lee. Lee would've probably MURDERED him. Naruto isn't that physically strong, and just when he was punching Gaara, put some ugly dents in his image. But Rock Lee would've blown a hole through Gaara in that form. The show wouldn't do that though, 'cause they wanted to teach Gaara a lesson, and have him (probably) join the good guys later on.

Coolman
Sun, 07-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
i have to disagree, naruto wouldnt have touched gaara at all had he not transformed and ruined his defence.

Maybe he wouldn't have... But Gambunta would have... That water bullet kicked ass.

Rock-Lee
Sun, 07-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Naruto cant summone gamabunta with his current chakra capacity (Thats whats jiraiya said)
He can only summone gamabunta with kyuubi's chakra

Shinji Ikari
Sun, 07-11-2004, 04:13 PM
You guys are talking about a whole lot of "If". Why not just look at how it happened? Naruto did find the weak spot on Gaara, sure it was a fluke, but that has nothing to do with it. If Sasuke had found it, maybe he would have stood a better chance as well, but he didn't and neither did Rock Lee.

And wasn't the real reason for Gaara to transform that he was unstable after the fight, the loose of blood and the mental damage he took while fighting, and that he couldn't handle the fact that Naruto fought for everything that he never learned to understand. You don't only fight with your hands, you have to use whatever means possible. Gaara lost mentally first, and that caused him to loose the fight against Naruto... That is why Rock Lee and Sasuke lost.

Rock_Lee69
Sun, 07-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by: Shinji Ikari
You guys are talking about a whole lot of "If". Why not just look at how it happened? Naruto did find the weak spot on Gaara, sure it was a fluke, but that has nothing to do with it. If Sasuke had found it, maybe he would have stood a better chance as well, but he didn't and neither did Rock Lee.

And wasn't the real reason for Gaara to transform that he was unstable after the fight, the loose of blood and the mental damage he took while fighting, and that he couldn't handle the fact that Naruto fought for everything that he never learned to understand. You don't only fight with your hands, you have to use whatever means possible. Gaara lost mentally first, and that caused him to loose the fight against Naruto... That is why Rock Lee and Sasuke lost.

Well, if taken from that stand point, than you could easily say "Yes, Sasuke lost the fight, but won the war" How did the blood loss occur? Sasuke. Without Sasuke's contribution to the battle, even though he wounded him a little, Naruto would've lost. And that previous statement i made about the Rock Lee Vs. Gaara in the "Beast-Like" form, yeah, that was an imaginatory battle. I never claimed it to take place, i just said this would've been the most probable outcome.