PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 86 Discussion

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Since the first few subs are out, start talking.

chambers
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:23 AM
hurrah!!!
i cant wait to see naruto fight hand to hand with this technque, i think it has more potential than neji's!

SilentSnake
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by: chambers
hurrah!!!
i cant wait to see naruto fight hand to hand with this technque, i think it has more potential than neji's!

errr... I won't be so sure... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

this whole episode was just... sh*tty :S

chambers
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:39 AM
yeah but you have to admit if he can use the technique the same way jira did potential every hit naruto lands will have the ability to spin his opponent round and throw them far if he wants to. imagine someone like rock lee with that technique? and form its descrption of channeling or rotating it uses little chakra to perform

SilentSnake
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:43 AM
but after all it was a bit slow imho.

we don't know if jiraiya did it slow on purpose, so that naruto could watch it closely or it's just... slow i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

if it was faster then yeah... it would be quite fun to do something like that to your opponents i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

well... I don't know if rock lee could use that technique, it depends if it's considered ninjutsu or some kind of taijutsu.

I think that technique wouldn't work on strong opponents, they would made kawarimi, clone or just escape it's blow, but it MUST be introduced for something, so I can't be sure...

dragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by: SilentSnake

we don't know if jiraiya did it slow on purpose, so that naruto could watch it closely or it's just... slow i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

if it was faster then yeah... it would be quite fun to do something like that to your opponents i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

well... I don't know if rock lee could use that technique, it depends if it's considered ninjutsu or some kind of taijutsu.

I think that technique wouldn't work on strong opponents, they would made kawarimi, clone or just escape it's blow, but it MUST be introduced for something, so I can't be sure...

he did it slow so naruto could watch it imagine the demon fox chakra in that thing it would be half fire and half water

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:59 AM
@SilentSnake:

Why was this episode shitty? We got to see Tsunade's face, and the new technique that Naruto will learn...
Myself I think it's cool to see people run around in town with some "townish" music to set the mood...

And it had hella funny jokes too, especially when Gai gave Naruto the Lee suit i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SilentSnake
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by: dragon
he did it slow so naruto could watch it imagine the demon fox chakra in that thing it would be half fire and half water

U never know... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
@SilentSnake:

Why was this episode shitty? We got to see Tsunade's face, and the new technique that Naruto will learn...
Myself I think it's cool to see people run around in town with some "townish" music to set the mood...

And it had hella funny jokes too, especially when Gai gave Naruto the Lee suit i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

yeah, I agree that we've finally seen Tsunade's face and new techqnique, but for some reason I didn't really enjoy this ep very much... well... maybe I'm "filler paranoid" ( i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif ), but i've got a feeling that this whole useless talking (for most part useless) wasn't in the manga...

but Gai giving green jumpsuit to Naruto was hilarious i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Aeon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Tsunade face wasn't what I was expecting till Jiraiya said she could change her appearance. I'm guessing the girl that's with her is her apprentice and that she must be strong since she has fishnets and fishnets=power.

Mongoose
Thu, 06-03-2004, 12:03 PM
This follows two manga chapters directly, so it's just the manga being a little slow in training as well. The whole buildup for Tsunade being the legendary sucker in particular was one scene I was wondering how they'd recreate, but it turned out pretty much the same outside of some extra shots on Tsunade.

Jiraiya mentions during the episode that he didn't put a lot of oomph into that jutsu, so it potentially can be a lot more powerful. This, btw, is the jutsu that Jiraiya told Naruto was more powerful than Chidori...

tensai
Thu, 06-03-2004, 12:38 PM
lengendary sucker...hahahaha
i thought she would have a killer nickname.
i loved the first part, hilarious
i would have thought naruto wouldnt like those clothes because i remember him saying rock lee looked stupid in them or something, but he hell aliked them
funny how jiraiya doesnt want to be caught with naruto wearing those clothes
the palm chakra rotation thing, is it really better than the chidori?
isnt it just another chakra control method, but forming the ball is probably a jutsu
i liked this ep,
i wanna see some more naruto training dammit

orn210
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:02 PM
jiraiya did it on purpose and he didn't try to really hurt him so i think it could be much more powerfull since he said it's better than chidori

Goingin
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Nice ep, didn't have many exciting stuff but it was hella fun!

The reactions of the girl with Tsunade... ROFL.. talking about overreacting i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
And the green suit... my god! Jiraiya's face when Naruto got it.. LOL i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chambers
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:21 PM
in response to tensai, i think it more than likley is better than chidori, as a)jira says it is b) he only performed a weak version of it and d) from the description (wich is probly wide of the mark anyway!!) he described it as a rotation of chakra, there fore theres a good chance the chakra comes back to the body. not wasting any. also if naruto becomse profecient with it he will be able to do it from both his hands and hit feet one would imagine. also he may be able to do it on any part of his body. who knows later it could even lead to a defense.

Mongoose
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Well, Jiraiya obviously hasn't shown any destructive power equal to the Chidori with the new jutsu yet. If he'd hit that guy with Chidori, the guy would be missing his stomach. The new technique is likely more controllable, as Jiraiya can modify the speed and radius of the rotation so he doesn't have to kill someone with it.

dragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by: Mongoose
Well, Jiraiya obviously hasn't shown any destructive power equal to the Chidori with the new jutsu yet. If he'd hit that guy with Chidori, the guy would be missing his stomach. The new technique is likely more controllable, as Jiraiya can modify the speed and radius of the rotation so he doesn't have to kill someone with it.

i agree..oo chidori is an all out jitsu the chakra flows out of the body and is absorbed into the object it is touching therefore causing the object to be dug into...sorry if it doesnt make sense though but maybe some of yall will know wat i mean

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:11 PM
I think that Chidori is a more destructive jutsu than Jiraiya's too. Even though it does seem that Jiraiya can controll the destructiveness of his jutsu, Chidori seems to have been made for destruction, therefore it's most likey more damaging, and as dragon said, chakra flows out and is absorbed into the object as well

Aeon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:14 PM
also if naruto becomse profecient with it he will be able to do it from both his hands and hit feet one would imagine. also he may be able to do it on any part of his body. who knows later it could even lead to a defense.
God I hope not, that would make him Neji version 2. Anyways I bet Jiraiya crapped his pants when he found out he was about to face Hidden Stone Chuunin :/.

dragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
I think that Chidori is a more destructive jutsu than Jiraiya's too. Even though it does seem that Jiraiya can controll the destructiveness of his jutsu, Chidori seems to have been made for destruction, therefore it's most likey more damaging, and as dragon said, chakra flows out and is absorbed into the object as well

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif well like kakashi he used to be an assian...i think..but anyways if he learned the jitsu that jiraias using maybe it would be better because of less noise used and it is kinda like chidori...i know this post is kinda retarded..but its jux my opinion

Outtawack311
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:38 PM
I can see it being better than chidori. It doesnt look to waste chakra, it doesnt seem to take as long to charge or as much energy to charge. You also dont need any type of movement to get the full power (i.e. chidori and running). Chidori is used as a one chance spear, this technique looks like if you miss you can try again. Didnt Jiraiya say chidori was wasteful or wreckless, something along those lines. I would believe Jiraiya when he says his justu is better.

Outtawack311
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Also, if he can control the ball's size, speed, etc... he can probably hit from much further away.

dragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by: Outtawack311
I can see it being better than chidori. It doesnt look to waste chakra, it doesnt seem to take as long to charge or as much energy to charge. You also dont need any type of movement to get the full power (i.e. chidori and running). Chidori is used as a one chance spear, this technique looks like if you miss you can try again. Didnt Jiraiya say chidori was wasteful or wreckless, something along those lines. I would believe Jiraiya when he says his justu is better.

true true

jing
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:57 PM

well if you put it THAT way. anything can be dodged with kawarimi.

dragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by: jing

well if you put it THAT way. anything can be dodged with kawarimi.

also true

chambers
Thu, 06-03-2004, 03:02 PM
from the way you perform this technique sounds like sakura would be the king of it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

dragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 03:04 PM
correction QUEEN and that is funny yet true

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Also remember that it's Jiraiya using this, since he's obviously a 100 times stronger than Naruto... it might drain more once Naruto starts doing it. For example, Sasuke looks ready to fall over whenever he does Chidori, while back in ep 18ish when Kakashi did Raikiri he didn't look exhausted at all.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Might drain Naruto once he starts using it..possible, but I agree with what was said earlier that it dosen't seem to use as much chakra as Chidori, so seems more useful, as well as it dosent' make as much noise and need momentum and less time to charge up

chambers
Thu, 06-03-2004, 04:10 PM
on a sidenote form the current line of thought what in gods name was that store owner tlaking about? running errands? WTF?

Shin_Naruto
Thu, 06-03-2004, 04:15 PM
on a sidenote form the current line of thought what in gods name was that store owner tlaking about? running errands? WTF?

He thought naruto was running errands for his dad or something. Why else would a kid want a large and a small =P

That is what the translation meant... I'm not sure if thats what the guy meant

wirm
Thu, 06-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I think the shop owner just thought Naruto was running errands for his elders like a good boy. After all, Naruto was going to all of those different shops and getting a lot of stuff. Plus getting an adult sized treat along with the normal one automatically gives the impression that the kid is getting the big one for an adult.

BTW, does anybody else think that the current appearance of Tsunade looks exactly like her young one (in flashbacks)?

It shouldn't be too hard for Jiraiya to recognize her.

IamSpazzy
Thu, 06-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Anyone see the Funamation sub? It was kinda funny...

NomoZ
Thu, 06-03-2004, 04:28 PM
BTW, does anybody else think that the current appearance of Tsunade looks exactly like her young one (in flashbacks)?

I wouldn't say exactly...now she has BOOBSi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

TheEvil1
Thu, 06-03-2004, 04:34 PM
i liked thsi ep it wasent all that bad, the filler as you call it was needed, Legandary sucker was funny as well as Gai bit with the clothes

about this new move Jiraiya shows Naruto, it seems it can be controlled alot more then Chidori, Remember back when Kakashi is training Sasuke he says that sasuke can do Chidori 3 times and he can do it 5 times or whatever, it still draisn them pretty bad, Kakashi has more to give tho, Jiraiyas move isnt wastefull and most likely can be preformed many many times

orn210
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:20 PM
some ppl think that jiraiya's jiutsu only can throw them away.....................

Luchio
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:45 PM
I think this new jutsu saves more chackra because it gets concentrated in the water ball, instead of lightning going everywhere. it's elementary!!

this was a boring episode though, beside 2 jokes and a new jutsu it was all (i dare not pronounce the word) ... it's FILLER.

*** runs to take cover ***

Mongoose
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Well, it's not a huge spoiler, since it's just the name of the jutsu (unless you go look up the description, but that's yer own fault for spoiling then). i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif Anything else about the move's details or background will be giving a lot away, though.

And the jutsu isn't using water. That ball in Jiraiya's hand, that's all chakra. The impression that it's water-based probably comes from Jiraiya making Naruto train by swirling water in water balloons with his chakra.

Everon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Umm...its not that big of a spoiler. Its just that we now can call the jutsu "Rasegan" instead of "The swirling ball of stuff"

Only watched the raw (I read the manga), and I thought they should of taken more stuff from the manga and compressed in this episode. I can only hope that they don't take up too many episodes with the training sequences.

dragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:51 PM
training is a good thing...playing cstrike training...playing gunbound training...EVERYTHING is training

orn210
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:58 PM
~was something unnecessary~....... aah just forget it it doesn't matter right now anyways, well then now the jiraiya's jutsu isnt the jutsu that some1 like sakura can even imagine of(cuz ppl say sakura's chakra control would make it perfect for her)

Mongoose
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:58 PM
From the preview, it would seem the next ep also covers two chapters of the manga, 151-152.

Mut
Thu, 06-03-2004, 06:00 PM
stop spoiling you clowns. what part of the forum description do you not understand?
Use this forum to speak about the Naruto anime series (NOT THE MANGA) NO SPOILERS.

orn210
Thu, 06-03-2004, 06:04 PM
kk i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif it was my fault

chambers
Thu, 06-03-2004, 06:09 PM
i know, fuckin ruinin it for everyone who doesnt want to read the manga. you guys should go back an edit your msgs, or a mod should just delete them. you should be warned either, its not like its not incredibly obvious that your not supposed to spoil.

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-03-2004, 06:53 PM
The people who spoiled have been warned.
Also, it helps if you DON'T QUOTE SPOILERS. It only makes for more messages to delete for poor ol' me.

Oh and was I the only one who didn't mind the "fillers"?
I like a lot of the things they add, make the anime feel more alive and not as "direct" as the manga does.
Just think of it as a final cut and etc etc.

Eurasian
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:03 PM
is a filler any episode w/o a fight or something? i thought this episode is necessary for the continuation of the story (it starts naruto's new training).

jiraiya is so mean!!! he just took naruto's money. i felt really sorry for naruto. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

gai sensei has to be the funniest character ever. he is just so clueless about everything that it's funny. the example of naruto wearing that green suit is really disturbing. he looks better in orange. everytime gai sensei smiles and his teeth shines...it's hilarious!!

[ok, this has nothing to do w/ naruto..well kinda.. but how do i get a different non-default icon to display? say if i wanted a naruto one, how will i put it in...i didn't see a place for inserting icons that are not provided...yea, i'm really stupid]

chambers
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:06 PM
filler is somthing that didnt appear in the manga, also i dont know how to do icons off the top of my head but i know if you search some forums (probly the help one?) there is apost about it.

Jessper
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by: orn210
~was something unnecessary~....... aah just forget it it doesn't matter right now anyways, well then now the jiraiya's jutsu isnt the jutsu that some1 like sakura can even imagine of(cuz ppl say sakura's chakra control would make it perfect for her)

Why couldn't she imagine it? ........

SofaKing
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: Eurasian
is a filler any episode w/o a fight or something?

No, it's an episode that doesn't advance the storyline. Although we did see the new jitsu, at least half of that
episode was completely pointless. The green jumpsuit, pointless conversations, all of the stuff Naruto did at
the fair....

Ryno2410
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Such is life. Not everything has to advance a storyline and not everything has to have a point to it. There will always be "fillers." Get over it

Shadow-wolf
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:42 PM
I thought it was a very good episode. It had some interesting points: (1) Even though it was funny when Gai gave Naruto the green outfit (and Naruto happily accepted it) this just proves that Naruto will do anything to get stronger; (2) Did anyone else catch Jiraiya telling Naruto to summon a tracking toad if he needed to find him? Does this mean Naruto has mastered the Toad summoning technique? The introduction of the "New Technique". I wonder what the outcome would be if Sasuke's Lightning Edge hit Naruto's Swirl. It was really funny when Naruto was losing at the fish game and started to use a jutsu, and the owner points to a no jutsu using sign. All in all, a great episode.

Assassin
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:47 PM
but if its in the manga its not a filler.....just because it doesn't focus a certain sotryline doesn't mean its a filler. if kishimoto put it in the manga, then it IS the storyline.

anyway, i personally found the ep hilarious...the jumpsuit was amazing, and tsunade's assistant/friend with her crazy reactions, lol!

does anyone else find it odd that oro and tsunade both have a rejuvination jutsu......well not entirely sure about tsunade, she could just be stealing teh skin of little girls.....but then again, oro did that as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

i can't wait till we get a more indepth introduction to tsunade (ie: have jiraya fondle her breasts, and then she clobbers him i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif).

oh and one last thing....jiraya never says that his jutsu is the one that is stronger then the chidori.....unless that was just cuz of translation. cuz chidori is pretty freakin strong since even itachi had to avoid it (he throws sasuke's had to the side ratehr then just blocking the blow) and even if the said jutsu is stronger, its probably only stronger when jiraya uses it.....i doubt naruto could make it equal the havoc chidori causes unless he uses kyubi chakra

Mae
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:23 PM
I guess this ep could be filler, but it doesn't matter if it's filler if it's also good, and it is.

It was nice to see Naruto seriously thinking about what it meant that he was the living container for Kyubi and that Akatsuki would be back to get him. It was also nice seeing him have fun for a change. I wish the goldfish booth owner hadn't stopped his jutsu; I wanted to see which one he was going to choose, : P. I can't believe cheating on catching goldfish with jutsus is so common they need a sign.... And Jiraiya was great in this ep. And Gai, does he just carry those green suits around with him? And Naruto! He learned Gai's smile! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif THAT is truely the greatest techinique.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Hm, so now all Naruto has to do is yell "Dynamic Entry" every time he pops up for a battle i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:53 PM
hehe... yea... dump kakashi.. V_V he never trains naruto anyways.. and go with gai... and learn some taijutsu

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Heh I do think if Naruto was with Gai he would get a lot of training...but I can only imagine how Naruto would act and be like after training with Gai sensei..... *remembers the scene with Lee and Gai hugging...pictures Naruto there instead* @_@

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:55 PM
oh boy oh boy.. i m not sure if i wanna imagine that...

dragon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 09:01 PM
this is jux gais way of gettin back at kakashi

Jessper
Thu, 06-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
oh and one last thing....jiraya never says that his jutsu is the one that is stronger then the chidori.....unless that was just cuz of translation. cuz chidori is pretty freakin strong since even itachi had to avoid it (he throws sasuke's had to the side ratehr then just blocking the blow) and even if the said jutsu is stronger, its probably only stronger when jiraya uses it.....i doubt naruto could make it equal the havoc chidori causes unless he uses kyubi chakra

err, I personaly imagine you can't block pure chakara attacks(chidori, this new one) and only seeing it used once gives very little room for guessing if it is stronger than chidori(Jiriya might have done it slow to show Naruto and I highley doubt that he put all he had into it so we know little to nothing of it)

I guess that Tsunade will not only cure Sasuke and Kakshi but Lee also and that should be cool, I liked Lee more and more as he was shown.

I liked the episode alot and wouldn't mind seeing more of this type at all if they do happen to have more.

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 09:06 PM
1/2 yea... but the other half is prob because he loves kids ^_^...
and for the ppl who says the new jutsu is good for sakura... yea right!!!!... need i remind you she's too lazy and too week to learn any jutsu? all she knows is the basic jutsu... and she can't even block a kunai

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 09:13 PM
True

Hakeem_21
Thu, 06-03-2004, 09:13 PM
I liked this episode cause we need some episodes without fighting.
Jiraya was funny as always and Gai is a freak with his suit.

Im looking forward to see how Naruto will learn the new move.

Also i think that you can alredy see that the new move is more powerful than chidori cause when Jiraya made a one to show Naruto it still almost killed the guy.to

thundrakkon
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:36 PM
So Tsunade is known as the Lengendary Sucker. Doesn't anyone find that as a bit disturbing/funny, considering that she is going to be the next Hokage? I wonder if that means that she will easily be manipulated? I wouldn't want the leader of my village to be that way.

I can imagine that it will create a lot of humor, but shouldn't a leader of a village be a little more serious? Anyway, we don't really know much about her right now, I'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.

Mongoose
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:14 PM

In episode 82, Jiraiya tries to convince Naruto to come looking with him for a hot chick, but Naruto refuses to go. Quoting from the A/A translation:

Naruto: "I'm not a kid who can easily be convinced by a perverted hermit like you. Anyway... No!"
Jiraiya: "Then I have no other choice... What a shame... I know a technique that's more powerful than Chidori. I guess I'll take Sasuke with me."
Naruto: "I changed my mind! I'll go!"

So, the prospect of learning a technique more powerful than Chidori is the whole reason Naruto's tagging along (from Naruto's perspective). You're likely right that Naruto can't really power it unless he puts in some Nine Tails chakra, however. Then again, he seems to be able to call that up regularly now, so ya never know...

jing
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:18 PM
I think if Jiraiya has done the jutsu any faster, the guy might have DIED.

IamSpazzy
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:25 AM
It's beginning to seem that the Sanin's are legendary for their flaws rather than their achievements.

Tsuande - Legendary Gambler (Money)
Jiraiya - Legendary Peeping Tom. (Women)
Orochimaru - is just plain evil (Became evil after getting drunk once too many?)

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:32 AM
yeah, it does seem that way

Jessper
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by: IamSpazzy
It's beginning to seem that the Sanin's are legendary for their flaws rather than their achievements.

Tsuande - Legendary Gambler (Money)
Jiraiya - Legendary Peeping Tom. (Women)
Orochimaru - is just plain evil (Became evil after getting drunk once too many?)

Ya and I hear the are able to fight a little also....oh wait.

LostAngel
Fri, 06-04-2004, 02:04 AM
I think this episode was pretty good. I was laughing pretty much through the whole thing. I wonder if Tsunade is using a jutsu to make herself look younger all the time... if they ever will show what she really looks like if thats not it. I wonder how the reunion will go between Jiriaya and Tsunade when they reunite. They seemed funny in the flash backs. Hmm shes a medical specialist right?? She is going to help Kakashi, Sasuke, and more likely Lee.... I wonder since Orchi and her was team mates if she will help him if they ever meet, but then again I dont think she could replace the soul even as a medical expert. I just know they have to somehow find a way to give Orchi use of his arms again or they wouldn't of kept him alive.

Tsunade person walking with her must be strong with her wearing fishnet. I want to know what the thing on her forehead was.... like could that possible be a seal or something? I dont remember her having it in the flashbacks. She seems like she is going to be a pretty funny character. Even though I think they will have her as the 5th... I can't picture an obsessed gambler who transforms her looks to look younger being a hokage. She would make a funny one hehehehe.

I can't wait till more Episodes of Naruto. He did that jutsu by gathering the chakra in his hand like the chidori but he seemed to be able to control it so I think it might be more powerful than the chidori. There isn't much different in the 2 except Jiriayas seemed a lot more calm and controlable.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 02:20 AM
well...it's not like they told us in the anime what it's called

Assertn
Fri, 06-04-2004, 02:32 AM
no surprise to come into a topic discussion regarding some new big thing to see manga prophets trying to act all knowing and superior i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

miaka
Fri, 06-04-2004, 02:46 AM
i definitely think that naruto's new technique is stronger than chidori.. i mean chidori has an absolute flaw... you oppoment have to be held down.. or don't see you comming (whichi s hard since it makes so much noise..) kakashi has it as a combo with his ninja dog summoning.. but it seems like jiraiya's techiniue is fast and it seems to suck the opponent and damage the opponent,, definitely more useful and effective. i think degree of strong depends on the user though

Aeon
Fri, 06-04-2004, 02:50 AM
I wonder if Tsunade is using a jutsu to make herself look younger all the time
Yea Jiraiya said that hates aging and has changed her appearance with her specialty jutsu. And that she's also using it to turn herself into a teen's,20's,30's, and 40's to borrow money before she runs away.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 06-04-2004, 03:25 AM
I'm just happy that naruto is learning another ninjutsu technique that can be used on a small scale battle. Although, I do consider his powering up with red chakra to be a technique as well, because it doesn't just pour out of him, they mentioned a couple of times that it wraps around him, like armor. Anyway, when Jiraiya said that he's going to teach Naruto a new technique, I just had to look it up. Finally, I get to see it in action! I'm the happiest overgrown kid alive!...that is until I step in a pile of dog caca.

Augury
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:18 AM
When I read the part in the manga of Gai giving Naruto the green jumpsuit I thought it was incredibly hilarious, but it didn't seem to hit the spot in the anime. I suppose it's because I knew what was coming =(

I think the change of atmosphere in the series at this time (dark -> humorous) is a nice one. It's good to have some changes in pace.

About the new technique that Naruto is trying to learn: talking and speculating about it is fine and all, but if you've read the manga it's just better to just be hands-off in the discussion. That's not to say that what's been said is accurate or not.

Terracosmo
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:12 AM
The part with Gai's jumpsuit was in the manga.
And fillers are not pointless. Who the hell cares if things are spoilers, as long as the episode is fun to watch?!
You slaves annoy me so bloody much sometimes i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

And, STOP SAYING THE NAME OF THE JUTSU!!! DON'T SPOIL!!! BANS WILL TAKE PLACE!!!

Swiftwind526
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:37 AM
anyone have the link to download 86? i cant find it anywhere!

Terracosmo
Fri, 06-04-2004, 06:06 AM
Oh and the pig sounds funny i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chambers
Fri, 06-04-2004, 06:12 AM
i like the pig, i wonder if its a summon or a real pet?????

Mae
Fri, 06-04-2004, 06:42 AM
The pig is cute... And it sounds just like the pig in Peace Maker Kurogane. I wonder if their is one voice actor who specializes in pigs The producers would say, "Oh, got another pig in this one, better call Akane (or whoever)."

I agree that Tsunade does not look like a very good cancdidate for hokage right now. At least while Jiraiya was a missing nin he did something useful (spy on Oro and Akatsuki). Tsunade just stole money to support her gambling habit.

Random question: Does anyone know the translation of the symbol on Tsunade's back? I would look it up myself but I don't want to find a spoiler character profile.

Goingin
Fri, 06-04-2004, 06:58 AM
The subbing on ep 85 (maybe it was 86?) said it was "Gambler"

SilentSnake
Fri, 06-04-2004, 08:15 AM
yeah... i read the manga chapters.

all of the things in episode were in those chapters and it clearly said there that jiraiya wasn't really trying with that technique...

so it's NOT a crappy episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

can't wait for the next ep as always... i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Mae, the kanji on Tsunade's back is for "gamble" (kake). And I agree that right now she dosen't seem like that good of a candidate for Hokage and that was good to point out that Jiyaiya had been spying, while Tsunade was just ganbling, but, just have to see more of her to see more qualities of her's if there are there.

Renbo
Fri, 06-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Ok, so the three things a ninja must not be obsessed with are Women, Money and Sake;

Ero-sennin is obsessed with women,
Tsunade is obsessed with money,

So that leaves the compulsive drinking for Orochimaru i/expressions/wine.gif i/expressions/beer.gif i/expressions/wine.gif i/expressions/beer.gif i/expressions/wine.gif i/expressions/beer.gif

Goingin
Fri, 06-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by: Renbo
Ok, so the three things a ninja must not be obsessed with are Women, Money and Sake;

Ero-sennin is obsessed with women,
Tsunade is obsessed with money,

So that leaves the compulsive drinking for Orochimaru i/expressions/wine.gif i/expressions/beer.gif i/expressions/wine.gif i/expressions/beer.gif i/expressions/wine.gif i/expressions/beer.gif

Remember that Jiraiya broke all three those rules at once when Naruto was shopping for food i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

SeifeR
Fri, 06-04-2004, 03:00 PM
wait....so tsunade is using a jutsu to make herself look young?
if she wasnt using it would she look like old? thats wut im guessing,

anyways this episode was hillarious, gai and naruto lmao

cant wait to see the next ones, once naruto masters this technique it should be interesting.

orn210
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:40 PM
i like the pig, i wonder if its a summon or a real pet?????

i think summons dont/cant hang out that long like that who knows

Assassin
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:50 PM
hmm, no body has answered my other question.....oro and stuande both have a rejuvination jutsu.....but when oro did it, hokage said it was a forbidden jutsu (he says something like "so u've finally used THAT jutsu"), so howcome no one is saying anyhitng about tsunade's jutsu. is it perhaps the same one as oro's or a slight variation or something?

oh and whats the deal with the fishnets? ppl are saying the the other woman must be strong cuz she's wearing fishnets? am i missing somehting here?

Mut
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:00 PM
hmm, no body has answered my other question.....oro and stuande both have a rejuvination jutsu.....but when oro did it, hokage said it was a forbidden jutsu (he says something like "so u've finally used THAT jutsu"), so howcome no one is saying anyhitng about tsunade's jutsu. is it perhaps the same one as oro's or a slight variation or something?

oh and whats the deal with the fishnets? ppl are saying the the other woman must be strong cuz she's wearing fishnets? am i missing somehting here?

orochimaru's isn't a rejuvination jutsu. orochimaru's immortality technique is forbidden because it requires actual human bodies. he transfers his soul into the body he chooses so his soul and spirit lives on forever but the bodies keep aging. so... orochimaru can't really 'die.'

however, from what we are told, tsunade's rejuvination technique doesn't do that. jiraiya only said that tsunade can just 'look' young. i don't think this means that she can stop the actual aging process. everything about her body except the outer appearance probably just ages like everyone else's. i guess it's kinda like having permanent makeup on, you may look young, but you're still old.

i've said too much. *closes mouth*

miaka
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:15 PM
i think it just is like bushin or something... she can look young.. but is not really young..

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I don't know about it being a bunshin..maybe she has some jutsu to just change her outer appearance or something

Assertn
Fri, 06-04-2004, 06:06 PM
you mean henge? i would assume its just a version of henge

Pyron
Fri, 06-04-2004, 09:10 PM
again i thought this was a good none fighting/training episode. but it wasn't worth the wait. that's justu Naruto is trying to learn is ok...but it looks cool even though its simple

orn210
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:13 PM
yeah this kind of episodes are ok to watch once in a while.......
about tsunade i think its just simple trick to change her appearance

Aeon
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Nothing really, it just seem's like the characters that wear Fishnets are badass compaired to their counterparts like Temari>Sakura, Hinata>Ino, Anko>Kuranai, Itachi>Kakashi.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by: Aeon

Nothing really, it just seem's like the characters that wear Fishnets are badass compaired to their counterparts like Temari>Sakura, Hinata>Ino, Anko>Kuranai, Itachi>Kakashi.

Hmm, yeah does seem that way, ones that wear Fishnets do compare more than their counterparts and I think there should also be added then Gaara>Sasuke cause Gaara has fishnet too, I believe

orn210
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:30 PM
that's just to cool their skin all the time so it will be healthy(actually the fishnet is about nothing)

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Chambers is right, no where in the anime have they said what the technique is called, so anime watchers aren't supposed to know what it is

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:59 PM
yea,... manga readers shouldn't even come to this forum..they have their own.... unless they are real careful to not spoil anything...

i mean ppl come here because this is place where ppl can discuss without being spoiled.. but manga readers come here and still spoil stuff... V_V jeez

lionheart1012000
Sat, 06-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by: miaka
yea,... manga readers shouldn't even come to this forum..they have their own.... unless they are real careful to not spoil anything...

i mean ppl come here because this is place where ppl can discuss without being spoiled.. but manga readers come here and still spoil stuff... V_V jeez
now thats just wrong, not all of us manga readers spoil you know. and kicking us out of this forum just because we read the manga is completly wrong on so many levels.

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 05:58 PM
yeah..don't think that the manga readers shouldn't be able to come in and post, just that they should be careful not to put spoilers

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 06:00 PM
i said UNLESSS THEY ARE REAL CAREFUL TO NOT SPOIL ANYTHING

jing
Sat, 06-05-2004, 08:08 PM
How do you guys know if its EVEN a spoiler?? Jeez, how can you trust him so much. Chambre doesnt even read the manga.

you anime watchers overreact wayyyyy too often..

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 08:10 PM
like it was said before.. there is no way someone can conclude that.. they just read about it somewhere

Saruto
Sat, 06-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Damn are you really gonna cry if you know the name of one technique?... bouhouhou poor little kido ...common stop over reating like a stupid jerk.

i dont even know the half of those ninja's technique and i don't give a fuck ...The show is great.. the name of those techniques suck all the way...stupide complicated words ..

...poor you men...

ShinobiNeko
Sat, 06-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by: Saruto
Damn are you really gonna cry if you know the name of one technique?... bouhouhou poor little kido ...common stop over reating like a stupid jerk.

i dont even know the half of those ninja's technique and i don't give a fuck ...The show is great.. the name of those techniques suck all the way...stupide complicated words ..

...poor you men...

not a guy but.. as for knowing the technique, i'm not really complaining about someone saying what it is..just agreeing that it was a spoiler since it wasn't said, but yeah not that big since it's just a technique name..

HairyClam
Sat, 06-05-2004, 09:49 PM
anyway u can't say us getting annoyed about it is stupid if someone starting posting massive hints on the manga form room about future events who knew for sure what was going to happen u lot would get pissed
post about things like where Kakashi sharinga comes from things u don't know about but if it been covered in the manga leave it out and stop trying to prove your super forsight abilities which u don't have to us

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 10:06 PM
it's just that some manga reader pretends that they didn't read manga.. and post stuffs here that anime watchers dunno.. you know

orn210
Sat, 06-05-2004, 10:21 PM
even if its only a name or a lil thing you dont know how much does that thing mean to the story it can be big or it can be nothing it doesnt matter spoiler is a spoiler

Saruto
Sat, 06-05-2004, 10:56 PM
even if its only a name or a lil thing you dont know how much does that thing mean to the story it can be big or it can be nothing it doesnt matter spoiler is a spoiler

And how a name of a technique could be so important? ...If i would i could put a fuckin spoiler but...i dont talk about a fuckin name of a nowhere technique...i guess you guys always over reacting like this for no reasons... no sorry ...for a stupid name haha.

Mut
Sat, 06-05-2004, 11:00 PM
you're from canada and canadians are 'special.'

just don't spoil.

EDIT: you're mean! i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Saruto
Sat, 06-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

just don't spoil.

Wtf... what age are you men 13? ...

canadian are special? ... then american are like ...REALLY special...Smoke weed and your in jail! wow what a super country...Go bush go go bush...you guys vote for that motha fucker ...you must be really proud huh?

did you know that mutata (tata) is a expression meaning stupid in french... damn i like you wearing this nickname.. it fit you good.

BURN i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mongoose
Sat, 06-05-2004, 11:12 PM

just don't spoil.

That's uncalled for and you know it, Mut@t@. Or at least you should.

Originallly posted by: Saruto

canadian are special? ... then american are like ...REALLY special...Smoke weed and your in jail! wow what a super country...Go bush go go bush...you guys vote for that motha fucker ...you must be really proud huh?

did you know that mutata (tata) is a expression meaning stupid in french... damn i like you wearing this nickname.. it fit you good.

Not that that was any better. I'd ask if you were 13 as well...

Saruto
Sat, 06-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by: Mongoose

just don't spoil.

That's uncalled for and you know it, Mut@t@. Or at least you should.

Originallly posted by: Saruto

Not that that was any better. I'd ask if you were 13 as well...

sorry dude but im 16 .. dont be angry because i did a reply ... but its true that U.S suck for the weed thing and MANY other things... (like a certain president) and many many other things too.

jing
Sat, 06-05-2004, 11:16 PM
You anime watchers are sooooooo gullible.

Jessper
Sat, 06-05-2004, 11:21 PM

just don't spoil.

That was the most pathetic, idiotic, 6 year old flame ever.

Your so high and mighty because you can judge from afar claiming that you know whats best, we won't know until your in the same situation(imagine if some terrorist killed your family when they were at work, I'm sure you would let them go and not bother them) but we won't ever see that because no one is interested in the super awsome delux country of Canada. Go back to getting high and leave your want to be flames at home eh?

Assertn
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:01 AM
wow saruto, you left the naruto gamecube thread to post something about american politics? im sure not all of the men in our country are 13 years old...at least i know im not....but it sounds to me like you dont really know what you're talking about, and decide to flame bush just because you hear other people make fun of him

and dont act like you're some hip weed smoker either i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

i read the manga and i still have a problem with people spoiling like talking about a new technique....even if the name isnt a big deal, its the fact that whenever something significant happens, that manga prophets have to jump in and throw around lots of details that arent revealed yet

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:14 AM
okay. guys.. i think we need to go back to the topic.. man... and let's not be mean to each other

and yes.. the reason we act like this is manga readers to that often... they should be careful... V_V nobody wants to be spoiled.. you know

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:18 AM
v_v yeah because it really sucks when you read someone's post and it was a spoiler, because you can't go back in time and make it so you didn't read it

Assertn
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:19 AM
gahh, well while you were editing your second post you couldve just added the 3rd post in it while you were added, instead of just adding a third post

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:35 AM

And how a name of a technique could be so important? ...If i would i could put a fuckin spoiler but...i dont talk about a fuckin name of a nowhere technique...i guess you guys always over reacting like this for no reasons... no sorry ...for a stupid name haha.

you know in real life a kid like you doesnt talk shit to me.... but i dont care as long as its just a forum and i wasnt serious about the spoiler thing anyway so try to be more friendly

Stoopider
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:10 AM
It wasn't a serious spoiler. So chill.

However we still need to keep in mind of spoiling for the sake of the anime watchers....

And we(Like myself) mangareader + Anime-watcher still love to come back to this forum NOT to pretend like we don't know, but to get another point of view or insight on past episodes. Because the manga isn't very very far off. And Lots of things are still unexplained.

Goingin
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:36 AM
Flipping this on-topic again i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

No A/A release yet from ep 86?
The waiting makes me go mad i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

chambers
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:41 AM
FFS a spoiler would still spoil by any other name. get it? just dont fuckin ruin ANYTHING i couldnt give a shit if you tell me that in one episode naruto will eat ramen. I DONT GIVE A FUCK. i dont want to know anything till i watch it myself. i REALLY think they should have amod on here who can monitor more often and maybe only do spoilers, just edit posts to remove them. repeating offenders should be banned form the forum. no questions asked. even if they only said that in ep 90 sakura will scream SASUKE-KUN at the top of her lungs. just fuck off, stop ruining everythign for non-manga readers. its often said that its the little things that matter the most, and i thin kthats what makes naruto good. the little things. and to the guy acting high and mighty because he is 16, stfu sit down and stop posting. iam sure there are MANY people on here 16 or older and they dont feel the need to rub it in your face.

mak3
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I've kinda been spoilt by my bro when it comes to this jutsu, I know the name and some other minor stuff. I can't wait till naruto learns it tho.

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:31 PM
new jutsus are always good to see specially from some1 like jiraiya

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:03 PM
FFS a spoiler would still spoil by any other name. get it? just dont fuckin ruin ANYTHING i couldnt give a shit if you tell me that in one episode naruto will eat ramen. I DONT GIVE A FUCK. i dont want to know anything till i watch it myself. i REALLY think they should have amod on here who can monitor more often and maybe only do spoilers, just edit posts to remove them. repeating offenders should be banned form the forum. no questions asked. even if they only said that in ep 90 sakura will scream SASUKE-KUN at the top of her lungs. just fuck off, stop ruining everythign for non-manga readers. its often said that its the little things that matter the most, and i thin kthats what makes naruto good. the little things. and to the guy acting high and mighty because he is 16, stfu sit down and stop posting. iam sure there are MANY people on here 16 or older and they dont feel the need to rub it in your face.

I HAVE AN IDEA LETS ELECT CHAMBRES FOR MOD!!! ..........

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:08 PM
can we do such thing?

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:10 PM
don't know

Mut
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by: jing

I HAVE AN IDEA LETS ELECT CHAMBRES FOR MOD!!! ..........

lol what! chambers reminds me of butters from south park.

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:18 PM
I don't know why he thinks manga readers act high and mighty. I bet he just feels intimidated by them and their all powerfull knowledge.

chambers
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:27 PM
lol. not all manag readers i admit, but a fair few do. and you only need one to do it to ruin it.

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:28 PM
yeah i think we're pretty much the same

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Well you can't avoid spoilers in these type of forums. So live with it =P

chambers
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:31 PM
you can avoid spoilers. 1st you get a mod who will actually punish people for spoiling. second you ban people who spoil multiple times. third you delete any kind of spoils. there you go. problem solved.

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:32 PM
it would have been better if there was spoiler tag i think

chambers
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:41 PM
yeah or hey what about this radical idea!! if you want to discuss stuff from the manga and not the anime, go to the manga forum!! OR in a completely off the wall train of thought you could just not even mention things at all if you think they havent been mentioned in the anime yet!! that would be insane!

almost like a 'no spoilers' policy kinda thing, they coudl even make it part of the forum title!!

GreenSpan
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Chambers nice one! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

87 will be awesome, because 86 was a warmup for Narutos new jutsu training.. I'm really really hoping that Naruto will master it with both of his hands it would look soooooooo awesome if he could, and dont spoil it with some hints from the manga...

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Haven't you ever noticed that the people who spoil are NOOBS to these forums... i thought an intelligent person like you who thinks kakashi knows all the jutsus would see a pattern.
I guess i was .... just wrong.

Mods have lives too.

chambers
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:17 PM
well i never said he knows all jutsus. i said he knew all konoha jutsus. i know mods have lives but if they are on and they cant deal with it more should be brought in, or harsher penalties should be given to stop poeple from doing it.

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Anyways, you still have found that part where it says kakashi knows all konoha jutsus. You're never going to learn new things if you don't find the truth man chambres.

chambers
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:38 PM
phing can you even spell my name? iam not fuckin french you know.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:43 PM
okie guys, calm down. but I do agree there should be more checking and what not of the forum for spoilers..

Mut
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:57 PM

chambers, relax man! =D and spelling your name chambREs and spelling jing's name PHing is completely two different things. while one is just a typo, the other is a complete screw up. btw,

Originally posted by: chambers in Episode 81 Discussion created on 5/3/04
...Dont forget its been stated that the 'copy' ninja knows all the techniques in us in Konoha...

hahahaha please find where it says that!

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 07:02 PM
well the spoilers should just get banned i think that will solve it tooi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

miaka
Sun, 06-06-2004, 07:37 PM
they just said he knows 1000 jutsu... not he knows all the jutsu.. then he would have been hokage.. man

jing
Sun, 06-06-2004, 08:12 PM

don't get angry at me just cuz your wrong about something =P

orn210
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: miaka
they just said he knows 1000 jutsu... not he knows all the jutsu.. then he would have been hokage.. man

yeah they said he knows at least 1000 jutsu, knowing all jutsu would be impossible cuz there are many bloodline limited ones sharingan never can copy those

Tsukasa
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Too bad its just a forum. Don't get so worked up. Things are bound to happen. You arguing over something that has happened many times is just stupid. All you are doing is making people hate you.

chambers
Mon, 06-07-2004, 10:36 AM
people already hate me, do i give a fuck? nope.
and its not like iam argueing over somthign futile, the mods could EASILY stamp out all kind of spoiler action in a matter of days.

Luchio
Mon, 06-07-2004, 11:50 AM
OK, are you people done bashing yourselves? If not, please discuss your differences in personnal messages or create a seperate flaming thread.

Am I the only one who disliked this episode? Personnally, I found it boring, appart of a couple of jokes, it was pointless! The problem of this ep is not that there was no fighting, it's that there was no story developpement AND no fighting. Seeing Naruto eat too much and Jiraiya falling to the 3 DON'Ts had already been seen before in other contexts. The only cool new thing of the episode is the UNNAMED jutsu. Oh wait, also we saw Tsunade's face, yeah great story developpement (sarcasm).

For me that's filler (since I don't read the manga, the definition of filler as "stuff not in manga" is obscure to me). But a Naruto Filler is way better than a DBZ Filler, that's for sure!!!

*EDIT* yeah 200 posts!

chambers
Mon, 06-07-2004, 11:51 AM
i dunno thenoise that pig makes is pretty sweet.

Assertn
Mon, 06-07-2004, 11:54 AM
there cant always be intense moments in every single episode...that would seem too fake...
itachi retreated for a while, so its not like some other danger is gonna conveniently appear IMMEDIATELY afterwards

geez, give the kid and old man a break i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Mongoose
Mon, 06-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Filler to me isn't when there's no action. Filler is when the happenings of the episode don't have a relation to the overall storyline. In this case, while the ep was slow, it wasn't filler, because it advanced the plot, however slowly. Maybe the new jutsu coulda been introduced faster, and maybe Tsunade gets less of a comedic buildup, but these aren't things you can just skip if they're going to be part of the main storyline at some point. Thus, not filler.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 06-07-2004, 08:30 PM
yeah, i don't really think it was a filler since it was related to the overall storying.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:26 PM
You people are so cute when you fight i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Anyway, of course we mods try to prevent any kind of spoiling in order for your visit at our humble abode of a forum is to be pleasant and etc etc. In my case I must say I haven't seen much of it lately, perhaps others see it before me. I don't think this place needs any more mods though.

Raven
Mon, 06-07-2004, 09:27 PM
the mods could EASILY stamp out all kind of spoiler action in a matter of days.
Hahaha, this made me laugh out loud. You obviously have NO idea of how it works man.

And on topic, I don't believe this ep was filler at all, as it introduced the new jutsu, commenced Naruto's training, and introduced another of the major characters. It achieved all of these, with some comedic elements included. That ain't filler IMHO.

chambers
Tue, 06-08-2004, 06:25 AM
well actually CmDr iam a mod on quite a well known site. i DO know how it works. alls that has to happen is mods delete msg's with spoilers on, its not like these boards are HUGE and this is the only board that really needs spoilers cleaning off of them so its no huge undertaking.

Raven
Tue, 06-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Well, we don't really have control over new members who come on, don't read the rules and go ahead and spoil, so therefore it's impossible to stamp out. We can't be here 24/7, like someone said, we have lives too.

And what's this site you're a mod at? I can't imagine what sort of forum it is if it's SO EASY to eliminate every spoiler as you claim. The attitude you take in regards to the ease makes it sound like you're not a mod at all, and you don't know what it's like. But of course I'd never call you a liar.

chambers
Tue, 06-08-2004, 08:10 AM
i dont really want to say the site as then you get constantley harrased by idiots. but we deal less in spoilers and more in flames anyway. but spoilers ARE dealth with and as we have a strict suspension/ban policy in place for repeating offenders people dont really do it (although we did have a big problem with the matix 3 when about a million topics titles 'NEO AND TRINITY DIE AT THE END' popped up)

?igma
Tue, 06-08-2004, 09:35 AM

chambers, relax man! =D and spelling your name chambREs and spelling jing's name PHing is completely two different things. while one is just a typo, the other is a complete screw up. btw,

The ping, phing, pjing whatever guy, called chambers several times : Chambres. Not just this once..and besides, I would reply the same way i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

FearTheMullet
Tue, 06-08-2004, 03:27 PM

just don't spoil.

Peace !">

French first language? Are you from Quebec? I guess so.

This post makes me kinda disapointed that Quebec lost the referendum in 1995-6(somewheres there) cause this guy jsut makes Canadians look bad.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 06-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Complaining about Canadians looking bad because of your leader? You've got nothing on us Americans. You'd thing we hate the world looking at our leaders. I mean sure, maybe me and a few handful of others, but that definately doesn't go for most of us. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Assertn
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:28 PM
people just need to stop harping about other countries' governments.....politics is only a fraction of what a nation is anyway

but then there's a bunch of members who insist on bitching and moaning about what some powerful guy from one place is doing to some other people in some other place and none of it has anything to do with them, yet they still feel the need to diss the people who just happen to LIVE in the country that the powerful guy is from

talk about being narrow minded i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

jing
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by: ?igma

The ping, phing, pjing whatever guy, called chambers several times : Chambres. Not just this once..and besides, I would reply the same way i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I simply mixed up the E and the R in chamber's name, he didn't have to add a P and H to my name, that's very fucking mature you guys.

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:47 PM
besides, isn't this supposed to be about naruto 86 anyways...

orn210
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:58 PM
cant wait to see jiraiya's jutsu mastered by naruto..

Goingin
Tue, 06-08-2004, 05:59 PM
besides, isn't this supposed to be about naruto 86 anyways...

Let em go offtopic, can't blame someone for something u also did urself i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

*grabs his gundam and flies away*

ShinobiNeko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 06:05 PM
lol, i know i do, but i didn't go off topic and argue.. that's why i said that...

miaka
Tue, 06-08-2004, 06:09 PM
no he doen't... transforms into a police women.. stop there... goingin

and yea... let's stop arguing about gov

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 06-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
people just need to stop harping about other countries' governments.....politics is only a fraction of what a nation is anyway

but then there's a bunch of members who insist on bitching and moaning about what some powerful guy from one place is doing to some other people in some other place and none of it has anything to do with them, yet they still feel the need to diss the people who just happen to LIVE in the country that the powerful guy is from

talk about being narrow minded i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Wasn't my intention to start an argument, just felt like taking a cheap shot at our esteemed leader. Won't do it again, I promise. Not on this forum anyway.

Oh, and I would never make the mistake of judging a people by "some powerful guy". Not sure if you were refering to me about that.

Kumiriko
Tue, 06-08-2004, 10:22 PM
*sigh* i am still waiting for the anbu release to watch this one. At lest i read the manga to tied me over. wonder where anbu's verson is

Assertn
Tue, 06-08-2004, 10:26 PM
nah dont worry about it, uchiha barles...it was mostly a general post in response to all the times i keep seeing somebody commenting about another country throughout this forum

Gods_Son
Tue, 06-08-2004, 10:36 PM
This whole page is completely useless to the topic. Anyways, I thought the episode was a waste of time. The first showing of the ******** was the only part that interested me.

Jessper
Wed, 06-09-2004, 01:28 AM
The point is that we had a discussion about it already and took all the names out then for someone to go and do it again is stupid.

Naruto knows replacement also!! =P I agree, more techs will be good because only using shadow replication in his fights is getting a little old.

hoppingraptor
Wed, 06-09-2004, 08:19 AM
First, why knowing or not knowing the name matters is beyond me.

But on the note of what this forum is about, they'll probably have him fail miserably until Itachi comes back or some other desperate situation where he'll kick ass.

Hopefully not though, because really, how many jutsu's does naruto really know? The only ones I've seen are the transformation and the summon jutsus. It's about time he learned something new.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Naruto doesn't know that many jutsu's perse, but he's doing alright. Like, I consider that red chakra thing he does that makes him faster, stronger, more aware, etc. a technique. Also, he has two or three taijutsu techniques he came up with that involves using the kage bunshin. add that to the summoning, and now the new technique naruto's coming along pretty nicely.

uh...sorry about the technique name. Hope no one who didn't see it before saw it on my post.

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-09-2004, 02:21 PM
chambers, how about you tell us the name of your enormous forum so we inferior mods of this small place can learn from your excellent spoiler handling? Or perhaps we are not even worthy. Actually, I don't have time to wait for you to say the name of the forum. Will it show up if I input "Kakashi knows all jutsus" in Google?

Kumiriko
Wed, 06-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by: Kumiriko
*sigh* i am still waiting for the anbu release to watch this one. At lest i read the manga to tied me over. wonder where anbu's verson is

To avoid makeing another thread that i know will be bitched bout. i will ask here

Anyone know when the AonE/Anbu copy of this eps is comeing out?

jing
Wed, 06-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
chambers, how about you tell us the name of your enormous forum so we inferior mods of this small place can learn from your excellent spoiler handling? Or perhaps we are not even worthy. Actually, I don't have time to wait for you to say the name of the forum. Will it show up if I input "Kakashi knows all jutsus" in Google?

LOL. maybe his forum is hidden. Hidden Village of the Forum. Where in that village kakashi knows all jutsus of the konoha. LOL

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-09-2004, 03:04 PM
No one knows. Probably not even the subbers themselves. I read on their site that they work on the eps when they can and they release as soon as everything is in order to do that. I think the reason they bitch so much about people asking these questions is that they all have lives outside of anime that get in the way of subbing, and they do the best they can in getting the episodes to us (which they usually do a pretty good job of) and they are not getting paid for it so no one should bother nagging (is it out yet? is it out yet? is it out yet?). It's out when it's out. They also made a point to say that they'll tell you when it's out. I think you can see it on got woots main page.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Kumiriko v_v we don't know it will come out when it comes out

hoppingraptor
Wed, 06-09-2004, 08:20 PM
I have to thank ANBU and AONE. They may not be the fastest, but they have by far the best quality for all their releases. If you know some japanese, you'll know what I mean.

Feannag
Wed, 06-09-2004, 09:40 PM
It behooves you to knock off the "where is A/A sub copy?" stuff. It's frowned upon and threads that contain such talk are quickly locked.

Kumiriko
Wed, 06-09-2004, 10:43 PM
I rarely ask this but i am getting a tad antsie. and i got nuf feedback personally.

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 12:24 AM
well it WOULD be nice if one of the subbers at least posts a message informing us of the status or delay issue

Kumiriko
Thu, 06-10-2004, 12:28 AM
well it WOULD be nice if one of the subbers at least posts a message informing us of the status or delay issue

Agreed but no rush. Hopefully there will be a Dual release or something

tensai
Thu, 06-10-2004, 12:59 AM
notice all the subbed anime that theyve released the last couple of days, that is one major clue why they didnt sub 86 yet
most likely, its like the last time they delayed the release

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:02 AM
the last time they delayed the release was because they were having issues with the karaoke for the intro/credits

i dont think that would be the case here

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:31 AM
It's possible they're still having server issues left over from what delayed naruto 85.

Skeith
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:29 AM
yeah, could be ^__^

Zabuza No Jutsu
Thu, 06-10-2004, 09:04 AM

In S-O's translation it said "shopping for two? what a good boy...." so i'd guess the guy thought he was shopping for family

[<@-] Rand of the Hidden File
Thu, 06-10-2004, 05:00 PM
hahaha yea i know

Zabuza No Jutsu
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:40 PM
may be a little late here, but coming back to the kakashi knowing all konoha jutsus. IF he really does know all of them or over 1000 as is said, then surely he would know about the one Jiraiya (why does nobody call him Ero-Sennin anymore!?) used on the chuunin. If that's true, then surely if the technique is more powerful than Chidori, kakashi would've taught that one to Sasuke instead. So IMO the technique is either A. not as powerful as the chidori, or B. a completely new powerful jutsu that even the great copy ninja kakashi has yet to witness. - Dattebayo!

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-10-2004, 07:46 PM
No. If kakashi does know the jutsu, kakashi thought him the jutsu that he was ready to learn at the time, and that he could make the best use out of. Maybe the technique isn't for sasuke.

Assertn
Thu, 06-10-2004, 11:44 PM
rand of the hidden file, i like how you managed to turn a flash file into a sig, but its breaking 2 rules.....1) cant be larger than 400x80 and 2) cant animate

thundrakkon
Fri, 06-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by: Zabuza No Jutsu
... If that's true, then surely if the technique is more powerful than Chidori, kakashi would've taught that one to Sasuke instead. So IMO the technique is either A. not as powerful as the chidori, or B. a completely new powerful jutsu that even the great copy ninja kakashi has yet to witness. - Dattebayo!

Or maybe the Jiraiya technique cannot be copied by the Shiringan. I did not see Jiraiya use any hand symbols (or jutsus, I can't remember the spelling) when performing the technique, so maybe it can't be copied. Also, maybe Kakashi does not have enough Chakra to perform some of the more advanced Jiraiya techniques. I doubt Kakashi can summon that Giant Frog.

Therefore, maybe some techniques can't be copied by Kakashi, and some techniques requires a lot more Chakra than Kakashi has.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-11-2004, 01:49 AM
I believe it was that Kakashi knows 2000 jutsus not all of Konohas and just because he knows that many dosen't stipulate that he would know jiraiyas. I'm sure he prob dosen't know how to do it, i mean it's jiraiya's technique afterall...sannins are supposed to be special, that would be less special if someone else knew it unless they taught it to them.

Jessper
Fri, 06-11-2004, 03:01 AM
I believe it was that Kakashi knows 2000 jutsus not all of Konohas and just because he knows that many dosen't stipulate that he would know jiraiyas. I'm sure he prob dosen't know how to do it, i mean it's jiraiya's technique afterall...sannins are supposed to be special, that would be less special if someone else knew it unless they taught it to them.

Kakshi knows over 1000, thats all we know they NEVER said he knows all of Konoha's techniques no matter what Chambers tells you. Also this is a Sannin's technique and on top of that Jiraiya has been gone from what we can tell for a while now(he followed orochimaru when he left Konoha) so Kakshi might not have even been born when Jiraiya was around to give him a chance to copy it(if its even possible).

sangai
Fri, 06-11-2004, 03:14 AM
im takin a risk by postin here but im lookin for feedback to improve our naruto release

this is a sub for naruto 86 that was released on our site a lil while ago.

it is also available on saiyamans tracker if its not available for direct download from our site.

where working on improving video quality. and some other things i just want to know what some of you think of it.

http://www.degree-anime.com/amv.php

Jessper
Fri, 06-11-2004, 03:17 AM
I'll check it out right now and get back to you sangai sakusei, thanks for hosting or what ever you do then i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

sangai
Fri, 06-11-2004, 03:24 AM
its not my sub . but it is done through our site and an affilation of ours animeinfinity.

hope you enjoy it.

for those of you who didn't get the link

http://www.degree-anime.com/amv.php

and its also available on saiyamans tracker.

we should have 87 done soon.

not exactly sure since im not part of the subbing team.

should have posted this last friday when we released it.

Jessper
Fri, 06-11-2004, 04:42 AM
OK I watched it, and liked the translations for the most part though at 13:38 Naruto says something and there is no sub which was odd lol. Your working at the only things I see wrong with it minus the one sub missing I noted and maybe a few small grammar errors that were understandable just odd. Overall it is good and fast releases are only a plus. It might be good to suggest including a "This is a free fansub if you paid for this you got ripped ect" thing but I am biased towards ebayers ripping this stuff off so.... =)

sangai
Fri, 06-11-2004, 11:04 AM
thanks for the feedback.

and yeah we noticed the few grammer errors.

those should be fixed and also

ill make a post when 87 is out by DA-AI

our torrent is now available on animesuki.com

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Well, until the technique DOES get mentioned by name in the anime I'm gonna call it...uhmm...how about...Whirlpool Punch!

Oh yeah! That sounds badass!

So, I sure think that Whirlpool Punch is gonna be a cool technique. But what I think is best about it is that, unlike Chidori, it seems like you can do other things with it. And Naruto is always awsome at taking a technique and using it in wierd ways (transform into a windmill shuriken and stuff like that). Looking forward to him making things spin for awsome reason. With his....WHIRLPOOL PUNCH!!

Knives122
Fri, 06-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Well the "WhirlPool Punch" is pretty cool, but you do know what the real name is right?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-12-2004, 08:17 AM
No, it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I've already forgotten what the guy said, and I don't feel like looking for it. And its a spoiler anyway.

jing
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:45 PM
"whirpool Punch" is what they probably will call it in the english manga of Naruto (liscenced by VIZ). afterall, they made Kage Bunshin called The Art of Doppleganger!

sangai
Sat, 06-12-2004, 07:55 PM
i dunno i liked the other name the manga gave it, other then the real name i thought it was good.

Elessar
Sat, 06-12-2004, 08:53 PM
That has to be the most retarded statement i read during the last five or six months. If you don't want other people interfering with your sand castle play, go buy yourself your own earth. But well, some hundred years ago we had this crush on imperialism too, so we can understand you.
It is just that there happen to be so many mistakes that it should be enough to make everyone of them only once.

Other than that: if you are afraid of the outside world, do not leave your room. Not even virtual. The one and only proofable solution for not getting spoiled is not reading forums. The moment you load them you take on the risk. The mods try to minimize the risk and do a good job at it, but there will always be a little left. Live an isolated life and noone will tell you something you do not like to hear.

And to the episode, I haven't seen it yet, but I really like this part of the storyline. Naruto doesn't really have deep characters (Juuni Kokki anyone?), so mainly rather predictable story progress and fights are all that is left. As both possibilities are rather boring on the long haul, I really like the little sidestories woven into slight story progress. They spice up the series in a very enjoyable way.