PDA

View Full Version : Problem connecting to tracker (only recently)

moonmin
Wed, 06-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Hi I'm having problems connecting to the Aone trackers. I nver have this problem before and this problem only arise recently. I'm still able to download from other fansubs groups without any problems. And I dont think is the port issue, I've open ports 6881-6889. Can somebody help me out here? thanks

This is the msg I get: 'Problem Connecting to Tracker - <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timeout'>
surprisingly the only torrent that works was naruto 85

stos289
Wed, 06-02-2004, 06:32 PM
Actually, for recent Bittorrent programs, the ports that need to be forwarded are 6969, and 6881-6999. The 6969 is a port that some trackers use, and the rest are for the newer versions of Bittorrent. However, that might not be the problem. It could have been that the tracker was busy at the time, or it was a bad tracker. If you still have problems using Bittorrent, you can always directly download the episodes thorugh a website known as narutochaos.com. You can check my post here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=9958&enterthread =y) for more information about the site and what its limitations are. Hope I could help.

moonmin
Wed, 06-02-2004, 07:23 PM
I dont think is the port issue, I thought port 6969 is closed due to the trojan attack?
anyway what I wanted to get were the new stuff like hunter x hunter gi final, kyou kara and others, thanks for the alternative source but its only naruto....i want other releases as well....and its not that I'm lazy to download from IRC but I've been getting d/c very frequently from irc lately that I hardly can complete a download, whats more for some reason the download speed is pathethic as well i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif, i used to be able download at 70-100kbps from the xdcc bots nowadays I hardly can hit 30....anyway thats not the issue here...what I want to know is what is the problem with the trackers..Pls help

stos289
Wed, 06-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Sorry if I wasn't clear with my first answer, and yeah don't open 6969. Let me see if I can clear up some more stuff. Like I said before, sometimes the trackers are busy or there just plain "bad" trackers, you can't do anything about that. However, another thing you could change is to use a different Bittorent client. I suggest using the official client where you can download from here (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html). I belive that using the official client will help with the tracker problem. If the problem still exists, post again and I'll try to help.

moonmin
Thu, 06-03-2004, 07:48 AM
sigh this morning it was working again, but not anymore.....i wonder why...i dont think its the client problem....maybe aone trackers open on diff ports?

stos289
Sat, 06-05-2004, 04:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that Aone trackers don't use different ports. I belive the reason was that either the tracker was down at the time, or it was a bad tracker itself. Like I said before, you really can't do anything about that. Sorry if I couldn't help you with your problem.