PDA

View Full Version : The path to enlightenment: Ep 1 - EBAY BAD!

Darklocke
Wed, 06-02-2004, 01:36 AM
I've taken it upon myself to be the messenger of bad news to those idiots of ebay.. Whenever I have time to and decide to, I wander my little butt on over to Ebay.. and look up naruto.. mainly dvd's...

I do this to WARN bidders, and CURSE sellers of auctions like this.
NARUTO EPS 1-85 + SPECIALS 6 DVD'S

I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!! People like them have no right to make money off of other peoples hard work (unless they were the ones who did it themselves, which then i feel guilty about yelling at them but still...)

*sigh*
I urge you all to atleast once.. ONCE. hop on over to ebay and yell at every seller and warn every bidder on any of these types of auctions..

keep in mind thought that they did release a couple box sets of dvd's.. eps 1-36 or so for the first box set. of 6 dvd's.. but they usually have a picture of the box sets..

Anyways.. thought i'd share a bit of my "EBAY NO BAKA GA JITSU!"

SK
Wed, 06-02-2004, 01:43 AM
stop hatin man, he can make money if he wants to, jus cuz the subbers dont charge doesnt mean other people dont have to either.

Darklocke
Wed, 06-02-2004, 01:45 AM
agreed.. but I can still screw up his plans. Since it's not a crime to do that...

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-02-2004, 01:46 AM
not really, not supposed to be making money off fansubs..the whole point of fansubs is that they are free, and I think he makes a good point that people are making money off of other fansubers work...people like that make fansubs look bad

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-02-2004, 01:50 AM
I'm less pissed off with the thieves who sell fansubs than I am with the total fucking morons who buy them.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-02-2004, 01:55 AM
got a point...

miaka
Wed, 06-02-2004, 01:59 AM
those ppl have no business selling hard work of the fan subbers.. they are ruining them.. i mean they are working hard for free.. and these ppl who didn't work hard as them gets the money... V_V... it's illegal.. and they should be feeling guilty about the ones who fansubbed it..

Y
Wed, 06-02-2004, 02:07 AM
I'm just stupified at people who BUY what they can get for FREE with the same degree of (il)legality.

Goingin
Wed, 06-02-2004, 02:28 AM
Well... its good for the people who dont have broadband internet, but when u have and u buy this you must be either lazy or too dumb to find the series...

Not clearing the seller from anything, he/she is still an ass for doing it

kaigan
Wed, 06-02-2004, 04:18 AM
i'll say if there aren't stupid people buying there stuff, they wouldn't make money now would they.

Kurapica
Wed, 06-02-2004, 06:30 AM
They should bitchslap the sellers, they should.

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-02-2004, 11:59 AM
( -_-)=@)x_X) <- that'll have to do for slapping the seller i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

mak3
Wed, 06-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Well I did buy the entire RK series a couple of years back (didn't have broadband) the official ones (retarded subs tho).

I woulda been pissed off if they wer actually downloaded buy some guy who wrote them onto a DVD and sold it to me with a print out saying naruto on the cover without me knowing.

The point is as long as they state that that they arn't official to the customer, it realy is the buyers fault. Baka

Stoopider
Wed, 06-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Mak3 has a point. I would have bought it if it was dirt cheap, and If I don't have a decent internet connection.

Can you imagine taking 4 days to download a single anime episode?

PLus... the Fansubs subs are better than some original DVD's. (Or the one's I'm getting here.. My Dvd's are imported from Hong Kong. And their english is BAD BAD BAD BAD).

mak3
Wed, 06-02-2004, 04:16 PM
heh, I ian't being a suck up to Anbu but the subs they produce are so much better than some of the crap I've seen. Given the choce i'd rather buy a well packaged Anbu/Toryiamas (sp?) version.

I remember watching a scene in RK where a women was talkin to some children and she said 'fuck' randomly. Not only that but they constantly mis-spell names etc.

Koyuki
Wed, 06-02-2004, 05:00 PM
What if say Anbu releases FMA again. And some stupid jock sell'em on Ebay. Can Anbu get sued, get a fine, or somethin like that...?
If yes then I'm against.

And people that don't have broadband, it's ok if it isn't really expensive. But then again some people are stupid...

NM
Wed, 06-02-2004, 08:25 PM
I also hate it when people sell these FREE fansubs but what can ya do? Its a good thing Anbu/Aone starts putting after the intro: If you paid for this free fansub, you were ripped off! So when the buyer gets to episode 80, they'll eventually realize they've been duped.

And Uzumaki Naruto #1, if Anbu were to re-release Full Metal Alchemist and that jock starts selling him, I think both Anbu and that jock can get sued because 1) Anbu would be violating the copyright law and 2) the jock would also be violating the copyright law because he is selling the anime that was subbed for free and that anime was currently licensed.

Shin_Naruto
Wed, 06-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Lets make one thing clear: They are selling DVD's. They are selling a service... sure its shady... I dont like it... but its not the end of the world. Nobody is twisting the arms of the buyers.

I have a DVD burner which allows me to make my own DVD's. Which I watch on my big ass TV rather then my monitor. Its also better for group viewings. I do it with ANBU subs because they rock. I don't sell the DVD's on ebay but I do make copies for friends for the cost of the DVD.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 06-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Which is fine. You're not profiting off of someone elses work. As for the other comments made about distributing anime to those without broadband...you are not supposed to make a profit off of someone elses work. Period. Want to be a nice guy and get dvds to people who don't have broadband in a manner analogous to how fansubs were distributed in the early days, fine. Have them pay for the cost of the DVDs. That's it. Otherwise, you're a thief and I hope you get caught in some white collar crime and spend 7-10 years in prison (a little extreme? so what.)

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 12:46 AM
yeah agree, people who don't have broadband can always do it the old way where you pay for the dvd it will be used on...I just don't think people should be profiting off of fansubs...like this one anime store near where I live..the owner sells and rents fansub dvd's -_- and at an expensive price, pretty much sells them for how much it would cost to by a boxed set of liscened anime ..think around $60

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:11 AM
those bakas need to face the wrath of trashcan no jutsu

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:11 AM
trashcan no jutsu seems to have sneaked it's way back in to the forum

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:12 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif yes it did...

Shin_Naruto
Thu, 06-03-2004, 02:26 AM
Again, they are selling a service.
Anbu charges nothing for their work. Thats their choice and I donate to them when I can. (every month or two... but its gonna be every month now)
Ebay Whore #3223232 charges 50$ (or whatever it is) to make the DVDs. Yes, they use someone elses work, making it lame, but its not as if they are making money for nothing... they are still doing -something- to justify selling.

Right now Anbu's stance is: 'If you paid for it... you're a dumbass because we give it away for free.'
They don't direct any hate twords the people selling it... just to the people who are stupid enough to buy it... so why should you?

Not to get off topic but nobody deserves to spend 7-10 years in jail for a victimless crime like selling anime dvd's... unless you were refering to some other white collar crime, in which case, they can burn in hell =P er whatever

?igma
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Mak3 has a point. I would have bought it if it was dirt cheap, and If I don't have a decent internet connection.

Can you imagine taking 4 days to download a single anime episode?

PLus... the Fansubs subs are better than some original DVD's. (Or the one's I'm getting here.. My Dvd's are imported from Hong Kong. And their english is BAD BAD BAD BAD).

Here in holland, we get our legal DVD's subbed, through translation of the French version, they get it through translation of the American version, and they get it by translating the japanese version..still get it? good, since they obviously dont get subbing either.. ><

Eurasian
Thu, 06-03-2004, 09:04 AM
yea, i bought anime dvds from asia. they were probably subbed by asian ppl who know very little english. the translations are bad.

i use to buy dvds because i didn't know how to work bittorrent (yea, i'm stupid). i woulda said those ppl on ebay are just selling the asian dvds or something. but episode 85 is pretty recent and i don't think the asian producing ppl will get those dvds out that fast.

Stoopider
Thu, 06-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Yup.. I swear the Hong Kong fellows sub it from Japanese to Chinese to English.

Enigmatic_Paragon
Fri, 06-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Well, while it is not the most ethical thing to sell fansubs its up to the sellers to buy them. While you may say that they should download it off the internet, who is to say that someone with a 56k modem has the inclination to expend the necessary time to download 80+ episodes?
Especially in this day and age, time is at a premium - its a sad fact that paying for time has become such a core part of our lives that we dont even notice it.
Ever noticed that things you buy at a petrol station are more expensive than an identical product at a store across the street? Theyre a higher price because people are willing to spend money for the convinence and saved time.

Darkflare
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:34 AM
i am assuming the person that sells these fansubs are most likely not subbing it themselvs but just selling another groups subs, making it illegal. making money off of someone elses work isn't just wrong, but illegal. as for stoopider, your HKs have bad subs because well...they are from hong kong, not the real thing.

Assertn
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:45 AM
i believe the unwritten rule for selling dvds/cds of fansubbed anime online is to sell them for no greater than the price of the dvds/cds themselves + shipping

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah, that's pretty much the unwritten rule about it... v_v but isn't followed

PSJ
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
stop hatin man, he can make money if he wants to, jus cuz the subbers dont charge doesnt mean other people dont have to either.
thats not right. the fansubbers sub it so ppl dont have to wait for the show to be released in their country. and to charge for other ppls work is just low. if they want to earn money do it the right way, either sub the eps yourself or get a job.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:20 PM
yeah, it's low to make money of someone else's work, v_v if they wanted that money so bad, sub it themselves

PSJ
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:49 PM
yea the lazy assholes should get a job or something. make money the way normal ppl do.

Stoopider
Fri, 06-04-2004, 12:49 PM
how much does it cost? If it's just to pay for the shipping. And a little for the burning and cost price. I have no beef against them..

If its U$D 2-5 per Dvd. I have no beef against them.

Shin_Naruto
Fri, 06-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by: Darkflare
making money off of someone elses work isn't just wrong, but illegal.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
I guess the company I work for should be put in jail... they do, after all, make money off of my work.

But anyway, its not illegal. It's shady... not illegal.

Darkflare
Fri, 06-04-2004, 01:49 PM
yes, but you work for them. that is different. its like copyright infringement type of stuff. you take someone's elses ideas/works and use it to make money for yourself.

Assertn
Fri, 06-04-2004, 03:16 PM
yeah Shin_Naruto, there's a little bit of a difference between an elaborate copyright system between creators/producers and some guy that takes and sells something that someone else is giving away for free

Shin_Naruto
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:44 PM
I know there is a difference... but its fun to tease statements like that.

They are not selling something that ANBU gives away for free. ANBU doesnt give out free DVD's. There is another step in the process... one that takes time and effort that people are willing to pay for.

Look, its sleezy as all hell... there is no doubt. But ANBU could start selling the DVD's to people if they wanted, which means they would be making money off of Kishimoto and Studio Pierrot's work.

EDIT: vvv your knowledge of the law is quite small vvv

Darkflare
Fri, 06-04-2004, 04:53 PM
and that would also be illegal.

HaZMaTiK
Fri, 06-04-2004, 07:32 PM
not sure if this was said but there are offical dvds episode 1-77 last time ic hecked

could be wrong it this was said sorry

r3n
Fri, 06-04-2004, 07:43 PM
you can buy the official boxsets (eps 1 - 70) with english subs here (http://www.auctionworks.com/store/itemDetail.asp?sid=200405251825330000000048438295& sfid=29701&id=13661770)

Darkflare
Fri, 06-04-2004, 07:51 PM
please be careful with what you label "official" seeing as how those are shipped form hong kong, and by the look of the boxes, they are almost certainly HK rips.

Shin_Naruto
Fri, 06-04-2004, 09:18 PM
i guess that makes them 'official hong kong rips'

which is quite legal =/

WELL AINT THAT A CONUNDRUM

Darkflare
Fri, 06-04-2004, 09:27 PM
haha, i guess that works. then again HKs suck. if you have ever seen one you would know what i mean. timing is off, translations, dear god are THEY off...

jing
Fri, 06-04-2004, 10:00 PM
HK?
HK is fake land.

dafashizzle
Fri, 06-04-2004, 10:03 PM
I know, i hate it when those losers make tons of money off of others hard work.

miaka
Sat, 06-05-2004, 06:19 PM
yea... V_V.. but ppl who buy them (when they know about all this) are bad too

Assertn
Sat, 06-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by: r3n
you can buy the official boxsets (eps 1 - 70) with english subs here (http://www.auctionworks.com/store/itemDetail.asp?sid=200405251825330000000048438295& sfid=29701&id=13661770)

i will guarantee you that those are NOT official

in fact that 2nd one in the picture that shows sakura on the cover is the exact one that someone from the forums a while back bought and discovered translations like "chyslron eyes" and "leelock"

the way to tell if its official or not is to check the region coding.....if its NTSC ALL....then its definitely bootleg

Darklocke
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:02 AM
wow I didn't think this post would stay on the top list this long... haven't been on in a while, too busy.

Anyway I've been keepin up w/ the ebay stuff... still stupid people doing it... I'm still msging them.. had one girl ask me if I could sell her it for cheaper! LOL i told her to come to the site and download them. she responded saying

"Isn't it illegal to download anime? Isn't that like Pirateing liscensed goods?"

which i then thought "BAKA"

and replyed with

"It's only illegal if a company in the country your from goes and purchases the rights to it, and even then it's not necessarily going to get you in trouble, but the fact is that this guy is selling you online EXACTLY WHAT YOU CAN FREAKING DOWNLOAD YOURSELF AND SAVE 30$! I am only trying to help."

thinking this was the end she then wrote back saying

"I think I will just purchase it, you sound like you don't know what your talking about."

I'm waiting for her to respond asking me for advice! she seemed young.

ShinobiNeko
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Okay... i think that girl was a little dumb then v_v

Assertn
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:38 AM
just explain to her that the only "official" naruto dvds are region encoded for japan and wouldnt work on your dvd player, and that even if they did, they most likely wouldnt have english subtitles

?igma
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by: Darklocke
wow I didn't think this post would stay on the top list this long... haven't been on in a while, too busy.

Anyway I've been keepin up w/ the ebay stuff... still stupid people doing it... I'm still msging them.. had one girl ask me if I could sell her it for cheaper! LOL i told her to come to the site and download them. she responded saying

"Isn't it illegal to download anime? Isn't that like Pirateing liscensed goods?"

which i then thought "BAKA"

and replyed with

"It's only illegal if a company in the country your from goes and purchases the rights to it, and even then it's not necessarily going to get you in trouble, but the fact is that this guy is selling you online EXACTLY WHAT YOU CAN FREAKING DOWNLOAD YOURSELF AND SAVE 30$! I am only trying to help."

thinking this was the end she then wrote back saying

"I think I will just purchase it, you sound like you don't know what your talking about."

I'm waiting for her to respond asking me for advice! she seemed young.

Maybe you should link her to this forum i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif and topic i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

r3n
Tue, 06-08-2004, 06:06 PM
oh i thought those were official i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif guess im wrong then! saves me the hastle of buying them. although i know ppl that have bought anime DVDs off that website and they say the stuff they get is either a REALLY good rip (ie. you wouldnt notice had some1 not told u it was), or its real. might not be true for all the products tho

Hikari Tennyo
Wed, 06-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Actually, I'm glad you posted about this. Just report them to Ebay. After enough reports, you'll get their auctions shut down, and eventually, the person will be banned. to sell bootlegs is against Ebay policy.

I'm a member of at least 3 other forums where I brought up the topic of Inuyasha being sold this way.
Most of the buyers don;t realize it's a copy either. So, it's not always the buyer's fault.
If they Don't tell you it's a COPY, IT"S JUST PLAIN WRONG! But of course, they won't TELL you it's a COPY, cuz it would get them BANNED off Ebay! Go Figure.

I'm glad someone else is keeping up the fighting spirit. Just start reporting them as well.

obake
Thu, 06-10-2004, 01:56 PM
I think it's OK so long as the seller says that the episodes are available freely on the Internet, but what he is selling is a DVD version for those who wish to watch it on their TV or have a slow Internet connection and are otherwise unable to get the episodes.

?igma
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by: obake
I think it's OK so long as the seller says that the episodes are available freely on the Internet, but what he is selling is a DVD version for those who wish to watch it on their TV or have a slow Internet connection and are otherwise unable to get the episodes.

Although I somewhat agree with that, I thikn you should still look at the fact that alot of the things being sold online are NOT DVD-rips, so you are paying for them, but get tv-rips and second, you dont get the correct anime..which is even worse.
I prefer HD-exchanging i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif (yo wanna borrow my HD-01 with 60 gig of anime and 18 gig of music ?i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

DraGunZer0
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:27 PM
HK isn't all that bad... they have good action movies (their "original" action movies) mainly Jackie Chan stuff ^_^. But when it comes to bootlegging... they reign supreme.

obake
Thu, 06-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey, I'm all for HK. Nothing like region-free versions of movies that'll never see the light of day in the US. *cough* Battle Royale *cough*

thebaze
Fri, 06-11-2004, 06:59 AM
I can understand non-broadband users wanting to buy them. The subbers should provide a way to order them and make a little money off it - maybe that would cause some major problems w/ fansubbing though? I've still got my college account so bandwidth isnt a problem for me right now muahahaha. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

CapsuleCorpJX
Sat, 06-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by: Y The Alien
I'm just stupified at people who BUY what they can get for FREE with the same degree of (il)legality.

Some people don't have cable/dsl.

Of course others are just too stupid to get bittorrent working.