PDA

View Full Version : That was Fu&^ing Fast

Lefty
Mon, 05-31-2004, 02:30 AM
Ok I went to Anime Suki to have usual look around. It's listed under Aoi Anime that Samurai Champloo has already been Licensed, and if so wow that's a first one ep and some one picks it up. I'm not pannicing but if some one knows more about Licensing info please tell.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 05-31-2004, 03:12 AM
this link mentions that it is licensed by geneon http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2636

but so is tejou tenge and it is still being subbed so i'm not worried and i am looking forward to the rest of the series.

if want to see who has licensed just google the name of anime and licensed by, for example... samurai champloo licensed by ...and hit enter and you get lots of info.

Lefty
Mon, 05-31-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by: Foomanchew24
this link mentions that it is licensed by geneon http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2636

but so is tejou tenge and it is still being subbed so i'm not worried and i am looking forward to the rest of the series.

if want to see who has licensed just google the name of anime and licensed by, for example... samurai champloo licensed by ...and hit enter and you get lots of info.

I'm not talking about that. Goto Anime Suki look under Aoi Anime the samurai Champloo torrent is dead and it says in red text Licensed. But I'm not worried just kinda woundering.

Neko Sniper
Mon, 05-31-2004, 05:05 AM
Just think of ROD TV..it was licensed even before it was released by AonE. Sometimes it goes faster, sometimes slower, that's life i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Lefty
Mon, 05-31-2004, 01:16 PM
Well the up side is that it will be released pretty quickly after the series finishes in japan. Some will still sub it though it's just a amtter of finding it.

Aeon
Mon, 05-31-2004, 01:23 PM
As long as Anime.Mircx lists licensed Anime I'll never worry about finding eps. But I did think it would take longer considering Naruto and One Piece still aren't licensed.

Lefty
Mon, 05-31-2004, 02:14 PM
No Ones going to touch naruto or one piece till there finished being produced. Every one learned their lesson with the Inuyasha fiasco.

XwingRob
Mon, 05-31-2004, 09:06 PM
The Inuyasha fiasco? Explain.

Munsu
Mon, 05-31-2004, 09:24 PM
My guess is that he means that the anime just continues and continues with shitty episodes that deviate from the storyline....

I'm not sure if that is what he means, but that's my inuyasha complaint

Outtawack311
Mon, 05-31-2004, 09:29 PM
Makes sense

rdkenshin
Mon, 05-31-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
My guess is that he means that the anime just continues and continues with shitty episodes that deviate from the storyline....

I'm not sure if that is what he means, but that's my inuyasha complaint

LOL!

I think he meant people liked it a lot then they licensed it and then everyone was pissed.

XwingRob
Mon, 05-31-2004, 11:54 PM
Edit: NVM

Lefty
Tue, 06-01-2004, 12:36 AM
My point was that they licensed it before it was even half way. They didn't relize it would go on for as long as it did. This created a lag in the duding process and also pissed alot of people off as well. So now they wait till its at least more than half way finished like they did with FMA. But if Samurai Champloo has already been Licensed for US release that was really fast, a record if I'm not mistaken, and breaks the wait till it's done ideal. Either why I was trying to find out if anyone knows if it's true.

XwingRob
Tue, 06-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Ah, that makes sense.
Samurai champloo is probaly only going to be 26 episodes...

Aeon
Tue, 06-01-2004, 04:19 PM
According to Suki latest License Page the latest shows to be licensed are Rockman - Wishing upon a Star and UFO Princess Valkyrie. So I guess it isn't licensed after all.

Lefty
Tue, 06-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Then some one at Aoi got ansy and pulled it. It's a dead torrent. So who else subs this series?

Tsukiyomi
Wed, 06-02-2004, 10:50 AM
I don't find it suprising that it got licensed seeing how the director of Cowboy Bebop one of the most popular animes in the US also did Champloo. Seeing how this show is going it will be on American tv in no time.

The Troublesome One
Wed, 06-02-2004, 11:05 AM
I think Samurai Champloo was licensed before it even hit Japanese TV, but I base that on absolutely nothing.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 10:15 AM
It was liscened before it started playing in Japan, actually, I remember reading that it got liscened while it was still in production

The Troublesome One
Thu, 06-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
It was liscened before it started playing in Japan, actually, I remember reading that it got liscened while it was still in production

Yeah that's pretty much what I said, thanks for clearing that up.

Neko Sniper
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:05 PM
*points at his first post in here and coughs* i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif