PDA

View Full Version : Melody Of Oblivion

Knives122
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Has anyone seen this anime, its new and Anbu subs it, its pretty good in my opinion, what do you guys think?

Xollence
Sun, 05-30-2004, 05:14 PM
What kind of anime is it? It sounds like a teen romance.

oldsnail
Sun, 05-30-2004, 06:49 PM
yeh, i was wondering what kind of anime was it, has a good name though

Everon
Sun, 05-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Well from the 3 episodes from ANBU, the storyline has been dry and main character's persona jumps all over the place (one moment he's brooding and unreceptive, and as soon as he learns he's a Meros warrior with these unique powers, he seems to accept it all and act chivalrous). I have hopes that this will become a little more interesting in the next 4 episodes or so, because right now they're not doing a great job of explaining anything.

So far the premise is this:
"Long ago, humans fought against monsters. We lost. Now in the future we've forgotten about these age old battles (why? I have no idea), the demons rule, and the hero's that fight these monsters have all been forgotten."

BIT OF SPOILERS FROM HERE ON
------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------
This story picks off about a boy day-dreaming of being a hero. He meets a person who claims to be a Meros warrior from the old battles and a mystic girl who is following this warrior. The boy some time during the anime, hears this melody and his left arm is given this strange tatoo - a sign that signifies that he is a MEROS WARRIOR as well. He is granted the powers to slay demons.

ENTER THE DEMONS:
I suppose the premise is gonna be "A demon is torturing a town. The meros warriors go out and kill it, huzzah, next demon..."

There are demons, there are people who support the demons, there are unsuspecting people whom the demons apparently eat, and then there are the meros warriors. - It also seems that demons (or at least the first one, draws its power from eating demons).

From the first two demons I've seen, they aren't particularly scary or unique. Lets just say the first demon drives a bull-like bus, the second seems to be a robotic duck.

-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

Knives122
Mon, 05-31-2004, 11:19 AM
obviously they'll get better and stronger, but its a pretty good series has elements that i think everyone will like

Koyuki
Mon, 05-31-2004, 03:03 PM
Melody of Oblivion is old. Like a month or two. Just search. It's quite good. Anbu hasn't released a new
ep. for a month. Just wait