PDA

View Full Version : ranma1/2

jamoogabooga
Sat, 05-29-2004, 11:42 AM
hey guys....is ranma 1/2 a complete series yet?....cause i think i saw like upto Season6 or Season7.....are those the final eps or is it still running?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Ranma was completed in 1994, I think... so yes, it's over...
7 seasons, two movies and 12 OVAs..
there is an Dual audio version avaliable at anime-xtreme, so go and get it...

Knives122
Sat, 05-29-2004, 08:49 PM
sorry kid but that was a stupid question, you should of did research on it, but I've done that before so its cool

BigR
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:04 PM
No kidding; animation style alone should tell you it's an older series. A classic one though, for sure i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

BurnHavoc
Sat, 05-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Actually, it's 3 movies 6 OVAs, 2 special OVAs, and 3 Super OVAs. When Viz released it in north america they changed the 3rd movie to an OVA and released all as marked OVAs rather than any difference.

there are 161 anime episodes released as 8 seasons by Viz (not sure about actual Japanese release, but I'm betting it corrisponds)

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:33 AM
This is my favorite show ever. It has meant so much for me during my early anime years that it's scary. I'm not gonna start rambling about THAT though...

Great series.

Stoopider
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:58 AM
Manga was better though... I can still read the manga now. But I can't bear the anime. The pace is too slow. And the... (Rants on and on)

well. It was good for it's time.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-30-2004, 07:17 AM
the anime was suffering from the same thing all Rumiko's anime suffer from...
endless filler and no ending..

most of the important arcs were left out of the anime (herb, Saffron, ranma's realtions with his mom was only 3 episodes in the anime, Akira and the female looking ninja didn't appear) and too much useless crap was inside instead...

The anime had about 24 out of 38 manga volumes, but it had so many stupid episodes it just isn't worth watching entire seasons after the 3rd one, it's better to watch only some...

BigR
Sun, 05-30-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by: BurnHavoc
there are 161 anime episodes released as 8 seasons by Viz (not sure about actual Japanese release, but I'm betting it corrisponds)

Nope, 7 seasons in English by Viz, not 8.

BurnHavoc
Sun, 05-30-2004, 09:11 PM
whoopsies. mistake. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif thanks

Terracosmo: Hell yeah. It was my first series anime (I never really liked DBZ, Dragonball maybe, but DBZ was my "technical" first). Ranma is still one of my favorites. The only disappointment I've seen from Rumiko so far has been Inuyasha. Ugh.