PDA

View Full Version : 217 manga out

Trunks420
Fri, 05-28-2004, 10:42 AM
translated version by Inane is out

http://www.narutofan.com/downloads/download.php?mirror=1&file=nmanga217

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 05-28-2004, 10:49 AM
some kick ass colored pages in this release especially the 217 cover, go naruto vs sasuke

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:15 AM
That was fucking awesome. Kimimaro died a good death. And now time for the dramatic duel!

Mut
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:20 AM
maybe it's cuz i just woke up, but i was completely disappointed by this chapter. gaara came out unscathed. WOW, LAME. i thought it was the gayest way for him to die. i'm so fucking angry that kimiaro died in such a homoerotic way. and we have to wait another week for sasuke to finally say more than one word. GRRRR i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

rockmanj
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:27 AM
really good chap

AlbinoFury
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:29 AM
one of the things that bothered me was the last page where it said, "After many deaths . . . . " heres hoping neji makes it!

Oh and those waterfall statues were very lord of the rings ish, should be a cool place for a battle, atop those statues and on a waterfall!

Also i can now see gaara flying around on a cloud of sand something like a quasi evil goku, was it flying or was it balanced on a bone?

Nuts
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm just glad the sand nin fights didn't take 10 chapters.

Louis Badalament
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm just happy that the whole fight against Orochimaru's guards are OVER. It's been too damn long! The arrival of Rock Lee and the Sand Trio made for a fun finish, but it's over and done with. Finally, after all these months, we'll get to here from Sasuke!

L8r
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:59 AM
i think it was a great chapter cant w8 for the saskue naruto fight.....
i just hope that they start fighting and dont talk the whole chapter

Jman
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Great chapter. The addition of the colored pages were cool.
Finally that fight is over. Can't wait to see what happens in the naruto v. sasuke fight. I hope Kishimoto doesn't stall and show us something stupid like what's going on back @ konoha.

Sidnne
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:52 PM
I thought this was a badass chapter. The only thing I thought was kind of cheesey was Gaara and Lee floating on the sand clouds.

Gaara's quicksand jutsu was just plain cool. I know alot of people didn't like the way Kimi died, but we all knew that he was going to succumb to his illness in the end. It seemed like he used everything he had left to perform the Dance of Seedling Ferns and I gather that he only made it that far because Gaara insulted Oro.

My favorite part was Gaara talking to Lee about protecting important people. Gaara spent that entire battle fighting Kimimaro and trying to defend against his brutal attacks, all while protecting Lee at the same time.

And of course, Naruto catches up to Sasuke. Can't wait to see what happens next week!

edit: Just wanted to add a thanks to Inane for an awesome job and for getting the scanlation out so amazingly fast.

Mongoose
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm confused. What's happening in the bottom panel of page 12? Outside of the drop of blood, I can't figure out what the image is.

Sidnne
Fri, 05-28-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm confused. What's happening in the bottom panel of page 12? Outside of the drop of blood, I can't figure out what the image is.

Its showing a ground view looking up at Gaara and Lee. What you are seeing is the Bone trees shooting up from the ground and the bottom of Gaara's sand clouds. The blood is dripping from Kimi who is now atop the Bone Tree.

Mongoose
Fri, 05-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Ohhhh, that makes sense now. The white parts are empty space. I thought it was some messed up straight-on view of the guy's bone arm...

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-28-2004, 02:30 PM
wow, this release was FAST...
The ending of the battle was really cheesy, i'd expect Kimi to drop dead in a more graduate way, taking his own sweet time to die while spitting blood all over the place... but oh well, this fight was probably the best fight we've seen in the last 30 chapters, so i'm not complainning too much...
it's kinda funny, Oro to Kimimaru is like Zabuza was to Haku, but Oro gives no shit about Kimimaru...
well, that just proves that Zabuza was a true badass, while Orochimaru is just a pathetic would-be-villian, I can't wait to the moment when Kabuto kills him and takes the role of leading bad guy...

my guess for 218 is that we'll get 6 pages about the other guys (leaf 5 minus Naruto but plus Lee, sound trio) and then we'll have some stupid talking scene from Sasuke about his angst, followed by Naruto's after-school-special talkings about the value of friendship, and only 7 pages of fighting, which will undoubtly start with Kage bunshin versues Katon, and will end again with Chidori vs rasengan, only this time, Sasuke will go level 2, rip through Naruto's hand with the chidori and...

***warning, from now on I'm wishfull thinking, not speculatin***
cut off Naruto's hand and leaving him in the gutter while he goes off to Oro, and after a while, Itachi will pass by, see Naruto laying handless around in the river (there's a river below them, the perfect spot for someone to get his ass kicked and to be speculated dead, only to come back afterwards with renewed coolness) and kidnapp him and take him to the akatsuki. After that we'll have a chapter about the genins getting back to the leaf, saying that both Sasuke and Naruto are dead (remember the waterfall? think back to Sherlok Holmes and his mortal enemy...), a chapter about Sasuke angsting his life story with poor Orochimaru, and a couple of chapters about Naruto in the Akatsuki. TIME JUMP.
***end of speculation, reading back, it looks like a fanfic plot, so it won't happen...***

back to reality, Naruto will have to get his ass handed to him now, the Hero has to lose sometimes, to balance out his 'winning against all odds' battles...

honstely, I can't wait to see the Gaara-Kimi fight animated, might be the best graphic fight ever...

one last thing, becuase i'm bored - the highets of Naruto charectes...
Shortests
Naruto - 145.9
Gaara - 146.7
Hinata - 147.9

Highests
Gai - 184
Kakashi - 181
Iruka - 179

Itachi: unknown!

well, that was pointless!

Edit: heh, I forgot to ask it before, so i'm editing..
are those two statues supposed to be the 1st and the 2nd? they look alot like them, and i think the statue that Naruto is standing on has the leaf symbol...

zindryr
Fri, 05-28-2004, 02:31 PM
If anyone had wanted the Bakafish translation it has been out for a bit too, i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Direct download at www.narutomania.com and torrent at http://www.filmboogie.com/downloads/BAKAFISH_Naruto_Chapter_217.zip.torrent

Knives122
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:04 PM
I couldnt tell how Kimi died, but anyway that was a badass chapter it was really intense, but no for the main fight after waiting 6 years for this to happen, Sasuke V. Naruto that will be probably the best fight in the Manga to date, cant wait

kaigan
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:09 PM
damn..... that is sweetness

Kumiriko
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Twass a good one. and i do belive that is the 1st and 2nd. Who knows mabbie there is a Giant Statue of the 4th out there somewhere

Mut
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:30 PM
i thought it was a lame ending to kimimaro just because i had read it right after i woke up and my brain was like all seahfuahsfuif. but nope, it was still lame after reading it like 5 times after. i'm so angry that i'm never coming back here again!i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

AlbinoFury
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:33 PM
oh the two statues i looked im pretty sure the one on the right is the 1st hokage, but the one on the left looks nothing like any of the hokages, the hair is way too long to be the 2nd, and it doesnt appear as if he has a forehead protector, so maybe hes the 1sts sensei or something, from before konoha existed or something i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif who knows, im sure we will find out though, maybe it is the 1sts rival, kinda paralleling sasuke and the new statue, who knows . . . .

Kurapica
Fri, 05-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Finally we're getting somewhere. Granted, the Kimimaro-Rock Lee-Gaara fight was really cool. But it's nice to see some closure. Naruto is evolving.

jeditictac
Fri, 05-28-2004, 05:14 PM
i liked the chapter. it was a nice ending to that fight...can't wait for the sasuke/naruto one. though i do wish he'd go back to his friends and nto be a lameass. he'll never beat itachi by taking shortcuts. plus, everyone always gets stronger when protecting someone. but i do think naruto will be beat and sasuke will go to oro because it would be lame to end it now after all this buildup.

immortality
Fri, 05-28-2004, 05:39 PM
good chapter...i was expecting from the fight though..garra didnt even get a scratch...not even blood...does that mean sasuke and naruto are stronger than kimi...but cant wait for the next chap...hopefully suaske has finally got out from his barrel

Destroyor
Fri, 05-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Hmm ... that was unexpected, kimi die and becames a statue.

It's not ... "bad" but after all this buildup and praise about kimi and he die as a bone statue? A bit anticlimax if you ask me ....

Oh well I always have my bleach. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Naruto Vs. Sasuke!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't go that far... Gaara is much stronger than people give him credit for...

until the exam, he was never harmed before, and he was in A-ranked missions, so it has to mean something...
when Lee dealt a blow to him, it was a small flash-wound, not more than a cat's scratch... and you should consider that Lee's taijutsu is nearing the rank of a jounin (unless you decide to go by Temari's words, which means that even she and Kankaru could handle some of his moves, and perhaps even win), which means that Gaara is basically at the level of a 'weak-medium' jounin...

and when Sasuke hurt him, it was by using a jounin level jutsu, and once by using the curse seal...
the only reason Gaara lost to Naruto (beside the fact that the plot called for it) was because they moved into the big guns section too quick, and the match became a challenge of power-ups, which is Naruto's field (seeing how Gamabunta is stronger than Shukako, and how Kyubi is an endless fountain of chackra)... if Gaara would have kept things small (human form) then he would have been able to kill Naruto in no time, even with only Taijutsu (and not even Sand Taijutsu, normal taijutsu)...

Gaara is stronger than almost anyone around, the rest of the sound as well, they just got bad match-ups in the fights, otherwise, they would have owned...

however, if Kimimaru was healthy, Gaara wouldn't have won, I think that kimi's ilness took alot out of him, you remember how he said to Tayuya that he's moving by willpower alone? it means something... and if you noticed, everytime he got crushed by sand, he had to stay in the next level to keep moving...

sorry for all the irrelvent talkings, i'm just really out of focus..

AlbinoFury
Fri, 05-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by: immortality
good chapter...i was expecting from the fight though..garra didnt even get a scratch...not even blood...does that mean sasuke and naruto are stronger than kimi...but cant wait for the next chap...hopefully suaske has finally got out from his barrel

dude hes been out of the freakin barrel for ages, where u been? the bucket long been busted foo!

Nine Tailed Demon
Fri, 05-28-2004, 09:50 PM
217 inane is out, a lot of colored pages. YES!

Nine Tailed Demon
Fri, 05-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Duh, you said that.

Anyway, I think that it was a good chapter. That last dance would have killed anyone but Gaara/high level ninjas because it affected the whole ground. Nice all around...

orn210
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:37 PM
now that the long fight's are finally done, gaara has hell a lot new jutsu's
is sasuke in level2 in the last page? if its so then he didn't turn out some kind of monster looking thing

AlbinoFury
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:07 AM
nah he looked to be in just normal state. i mean why would he need to expend the chakra to stay in lvl 2 just to run through the woods? they only need it when they fight etc etc.

Sidnne
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:22 AM
We got a slight glimpse of a backside view of Sasuke in level 2 form when he first came out of the barrel. He was in level 2 form and morphed back into his original state just before he ran off. I'm not sure what number chapter it was in, but it was the one when Lee first showed up to fight Kimi.

Stoopider
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Bye bye Mut@t@. We'll miss your fiery replies. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Anyway, I thought the way Kimi died was kinda cool, he ran out of chakra at the end, totally draining himself dry and killing him making him a statue there for all time. TOgether with his bone tree's all over the place.

*Dreamy wish*
I bet the future of Naruto, maybe that kids from the Konoha academy would have visiting trips there and their teachers would talk about the monument of the violent battle between the powerful kazekage Gaara and the last of (Kimi's tribe name) when Gaara was still a young 12 year old.

Probably it will be named the 'Boneyard'. And many strategic battles are won because the Konoha lured enemy ninja's into the Boneyard and use it to their advantage over the enemy nin's.

ech3lon
Sat, 05-29-2004, 01:15 AM
poor kimimaro stuck between gaara's sand and his own bone........

AlbinoFury
Sat, 05-29-2004, 02:43 AM
no more mutato? let us break out the ladies and booze for today is a day to rejoice! lol i kid, or do i? i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 05-29-2004, 08:25 AM
You also have to think, Kimi was 200 meters underground, so if he did it on land it would reach the sky...

Assertn
Sat, 05-29-2004, 08:49 AM
yeah the statue on the right looks like the 1st hokage
that would be totally badass if the one on the left was the 1st kage of a different village and the waterfall marks the boundary between the fire country and the other country

ugh, why does inane and bakafish have to have such contrasting translations in some of these frames?

page 5
Gaara (Inane): This great ability has been over-used...you have no chakra left...It's therefore the end...

Gaara (Bakafish): I used too many big moves...not much chakra left...This will be the end...

page 13
Kimimaro (Inane): I'm dying

Someone Else (Bakafish): He's dead

btw i think bakafish's version for page 13 makes more sense, since that would suggest that he died faster than he could even say "I'm dying".....which would explain the pose he's in when he died

also on pg 14 gaara says "That busy-body" in inane, which sounds like he's just calling gai names
but on bakafish's he says "that untimely interference", which explains why lee refers to himself as being cowardly, since gaara was talking about the prelims match

PSJ
Sat, 05-29-2004, 09:24 AM
great chapter finally getting somewhere. that other statue looks like amidamaru from shaman king.....weird.

viciousHyuuga
Sat, 05-29-2004, 09:33 AM
gaara is god ^^ ......

immortality
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury

Originally posted by: immortality

dude hes been out of the freakin barrel for ages, where u been? the bucket long been busted foo!

hmm..he has...its been a long time since that...well that means the next chapter is going to be even more interesting weee....

Sooks
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
the only reason Gaara lost to Naruto (beside the fact that the plot called for it) was because they moved into the big guns section too quick, and the match became a challenge of power-ups, which is Naruto's field (seeing how Gamabunta is stronger than Shukako, and how Kyubi is an endless fountain of chackra)... if Gaara would have kept things small (human form) then he would have been able to kill Naruto in no time, even with only Taijutsu (and not even Sand Taijutsu, normal taijutsu)...

I think your mistaken, the reason why Naruto was able to beat Gaara was because he fought to protect his "important" person (Sakura). Unlike Gaara who fought only for himself. When Naruto did his Naruto Chronicles or whatever, he didn't use the Kyubi or even when he summoned Gamabunta. If that massive 2000 hit combo did as much damage to Gaara as it did, when he was partially transformed, which is just guessing 100x more sand around his body than his typical sand shield, if Gaara wouldn't have started transforming he would have been killed or severely injured by both the 2000 and 4000 hit combo that was coming.

Also, Gaara couldn't stop the Gamabunta that was summoned off of Naruto's chakra, thats why he released complete control to Shukako. Gaara used his trump card to early, when Naruto still had his waiting in his hand until the very end when he used the Kyubi's chakra to headbutt him.

Oh yeah 217 was an awesome chapter i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Also pardon my poor grammar i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Assertn
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:39 PM
well, gaara was on par with the level 2 version of a character that 200 kyubi naruto clones couldnt even lay a finger on (and of the original w/o curse seal, no less)

good thing naruto fought him BEFORE gaare decide to go do some extra training i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raven
Sat, 05-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by: Sooks
Also, Gaara couldn't stop the Gamabunta that was summoned off of Naruto's chakra
Nope, he used Kyuubi chakra for the summon.

So, if Kimimaro wasn't on his death-bed, Gaara would have been killed! See how he put up his arms in fear and defeat! Dammit, Kimi's death was such a waste of a bad-ass character. But he had to go eventually.

AlbinoFury
Sat, 05-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
well, gaara was on par with the level 2 version of a character that 200 kyubi naruto clones couldnt even lay a finger on (and of the original w/o curse seal, no less)

good thing naruto fought him BEFORE gaare decide to go do some extra training i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

dude naruto was just getting started he coulda made 3 million more clones if he wanted too, they were setting up for a fight that naruto would have eventually won, but ole sasky broke out of his bucket so the objective changed i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Death BOO Z
Sat, 05-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by: AlbinoFury

dude naruto was just getting started he coulda made 3 million more clones if he wanted too, they were setting up for a fight that naruto would have eventually won, but ole sasky broke out of his bucket so the objective changed i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

oh, so when Naruto said "I'll crush you" he really meant "I'm about to show you all my powers, one by one, and eventually, I will be victorious"?

Face it, as gaara is now, there's no chance for any other kid to stop him, he could fluff out Naruto's clones like flies with his sand...

on an intresting sidenote: did anybody notice that Orochimaru said 'if he was with me/ if he wasn't sick, the leaf invasion would have gone well' on both Itachi and Kimimaru? I wonder if it means that a healthy Kimimaru is as powerful as Itachi? it can be a foreshadowing- Kimi was killed becuase he was ill, Itachi will be deafted by something similar...

sorry, it's just that i have the final exam in bible tommorow, and some idiots are trying the crap reasonable by saying "it's to teach us humans how to act" and "it's a foreshadowing for chapter ##"... which is just BULLSHIT... such a crappy subject, I'm just glad it's the last bible exam I'll ever have to do...

Sooks
Sat, 05-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn

Originally posted by: Sooks
Also, Gaara couldn't stop the Gamabunta that was summoned off of Naruto's chakra
Nope, he used Kyuubi chakra for the summon.

I know he used it to summon him during Jiraya's training. I was under the impression, that he used his own chakra during the fight with Gaara. I'll have to try to find that issue of manga and redownload it i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif To figure it out.

Sooks
Sat, 05-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
oh, so when Naruto said "I'll crush you" he really meant "I'm about to show you all my powers, one by one, and eventually, I will be victorious"?

No I honestly believe Naruto thought he would crush him, but you do realize that Naruto usally doesn't put much thought into his attacks. Naruto had no idea he'd counter the clones so easily, same way gaara easily countered the clones during the second attack by transforming into Shukaku. Simply because Naruto didn't think up the possability that Gaara would turn into some 1000 ft. tall freak, or some other guy would shoot bones out of his body in every direction.

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:56 PM
yet again another peice of fine manga done by inane, kick ass chapter, cant wait to read the next one

Hybrid
Sat, 05-29-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey, was anyone else reminded of those two huge statues from Fellowship of the Ring by the end of this chapter? Those statues (called the Argonath) were on either side of a river as well, though they weren't at a waterfall.

Anyway, the whole idead of a huge battle on giant ninja statues over a waterfall sounds pretty awesome.

viciousHyuuga
Sat, 05-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by: viciousHyuuga
gaara is god ^^ ......

as stated above gaara is god!!!!

Hybrid
Sun, 05-30-2004, 12:10 AM
I bet Gaara can make some really sweet rock gardens.

Noonan
Sun, 05-30-2004, 01:19 AM
Here is my concern.

The manga is reaching a point were it is either going to become a great story - or a crappy fighting manga.

We've spent the last umpteen chapters (60 i think) on this "persuit" storyline.

Chouji is supposedly dead
Neji is possibly dead
Kiba is seriously wounded and can't move, maybe dying.
the 4 sound gates are probably dead - almost certainly Sakon/ukon and the flute girl.
Kimimaro is dead.

Sasuke and Naruto are getting ready to fight - both now have killing techniques and Naruto has already wasted chakra in a series of battles with Kimimaro and the sound.

So after more than a year of storyline, and killing off 5-8 characters what is going to happen?

If Sasuke comes back to the village and its like nothing changed, and somehow all the Leaf gennins miraculously survive, then what was the point?

In order for this narrative to have actually been worth it, we are going to need to have the same sort of end that the "War" story arc did - people dead for a reason and major character changes/growth.

and it all comes down to naruto and sasuke..

What will Naruto do if he can't keep his promise to sakura? If Sasuke turns his back on the leaf completely.

What will Sasuke do if he has to kill naruto to leave the leaf? Even worse - what will he do if he somehow still can't beat naruto with his new borrowed power?

originalkrn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 02:46 AM
I want itachi to come back and do SOMETHING. Please. Anything.

Raven
Sun, 05-30-2004, 03:38 AM
I'm sure we won't be disappointed. Don't lose faith guys. Kishimoto is better than that.

Let's get one thing straight, Sasuke won't come back to the Leaf right now, otherwise the whole arc would have been a waste. He was to leave.

kaigan
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:11 AM
i was hoping that itachi will show up and so will jaraiya and orochimaru with kabuto. now that would be very interesting. Maybe tsunade will show up too with sakura. HOLY SHIT!!! i can't wait for the possibilities.

Stoopider
Sun, 05-30-2004, 05:11 AM
I'm sure we won't be disappointed. Don't lose faith guys. Kishimoto is better than that.

Let's get one thing straight, Sasuke won't come back to the Leaf right now, otherwise the whole arc would have been a waste. He was to leave.

I agree wit you. So far Kishimoto hasn't let us down. Except for the OVA's.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Raven
Sun, 05-30-2004, 06:11 AM
I really doubt they were his doings. It's a different style all together, you can tell.

AlbinoFury
Sun, 05-30-2004, 07:34 AM
i dunno maybe im the only one but i do not want itachi or one of the higher lvl characters to pop in at the last minute or something. THis saga is all about the genins learning to take care of themselves, and in turn growing up. Itachi may be kinda cool and all, and is a good villain, but now is not the time for him, his place in the story will come, why rush it. THis arc needs to end with some important resolution between naruto and sasuke. I mean would you truly be satisfied if this year long arc only lead up to a stalemate fight and then naruto getting kidnapped, or both running away because of itachi or kabuto or jiraiya showing up? I think not, the fight has to happen, and it has to reach some sort of major plot event to set up the rest of the series, i mean if it doesnt, its back to more training sagas i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

chitgoks
Sun, 05-30-2004, 07:53 AM
i believe that kimimaro is no match for itachi. itachi can just use mange sharingan on kimimaro and that's it .. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

i also believe that naruto will let sasuke go in the end, knowing his true intentions (just get power from oro and kill him after and come back to leaf). well that's just what i believe though he he he.

Knives122
Sun, 05-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Well Kimi doesnt matter anymore b/c hes dead, and Naruto's gonna get his ass whooped hes not gonna let Sasuke go hes gonna get knocked out

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-30-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by: Knives122
Well Kimi doesnt matter anymore b/c hes dead, and Naruto's gonna get his ass whooped hes not gonna let Sasuke go hes gonna get knocked out

Kimi's condition will kill him, and there's no way Sasuke is going back to Naruto.

v yea, after Sasuke goes with Oro, a time skip would make sense v

Assertn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 12:23 PM
if itachi died of an illness...that would be incredibly lame and anticlimactic

im thinking that it is very possible that after this saga, there might be a bit of a time skip in the series....especially with the likely chance of sasuke joining up with oro.....the only other possibility i could think of for the next saga would be for an all out attack on the sound village

AlbinoFury
Sun, 05-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps

Originally posted by: Knives122

Kimi's condition will kill him, and there's no way Sasuke is going back to Naruto.

v yea, after Sasuke goes with Oro, a time skip would make sense v

uhhh, sorry to break it to ya bud, but kimi is already dead, swingin in the breeze from a big bone in the sky dead.

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm damn glad that Kimi is dead, he was a retarded character imho .. I'm VERY tired of all this curse seal crap. It makes everyone look totally ridiculous .. just hideous and mutated, not to mention it's not a natural power. Someone else mentioned it, but it's TRUE ..

Zabuza/Haku > Oro/Kimi !

This arc is getting real old, I'm worried that because Kishimoto feels he keeps having to pump up the powers of characters continually, that the series will start to lose it's feel, and become just a mutant/monster anime. I mean, what is ninja-like at ALL about Kimimaro? Or for that matter, any of the other sound mutants .. ?

As far as freaky weird powers / monsters, Kyuubi and Shukaku were quite enough, if not already over the top.

Good riddance Kimi, I hope you were truly the last retarded character thrown our way i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Assertn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:29 PM
i heard kimimaro fights in a yin style of martial arts....

manipulating bones does seem kinda farfetched, but its nothing new that the sound village and anything associated with orochimaru turns out to be freaky and in one way or another "physically altered"

snowball
Mon, 05-31-2004, 12:38 PM
I really liked Kimi he had his own way of fighting that was very cool imo. I happy with the way he died too, It wouldnt have been as cool if gaara had beat him (even gaara said he would have lost even with kimi in his nearly dead state) would have been amazing to see him fight at full strength.

Mut
Mon, 05-31-2004, 03:08 PM
So, if Kimimaro wasn't on his death-bed, Gaara would have been killed! See how he put up his arms in fear and defeat! Dammit, Kimi's death was such a waste of a bad-ass character. But he had to go eventually.

true true true. i think rock lee should've died instead. =p

Himura_san
Mon, 05-31-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Shut your mouth boy, Rock Lee is forever! Motherfucker! ;p

queenlatifah
Tue, 06-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by: Himura_san

Originally posted by: Mut@t@

Shut your mouth boy, Rock Lee is forever! Motherfucker! ;p

i second that. Talking or even thinking negative against Rock Lee is wrong and it's against the law. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Knives122
Tue, 06-01-2004, 11:16 AM
you guys are idiots any character in this kind of anime can die in a flash, so it isnt against the law to talk about someone who hasnt even one a single match yet

Raven
Tue, 06-01-2004, 11:00 PM
I think they were joking, but anyway......

Lee will probably die by saving a precious person, most likely for Gai or Sakura.

Kurapica
Wed, 06-02-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
I'm damn glad that Kimi is dead, he was a retarded character imho .. I'm VERY tired of all this curse seal crap. It makes everyone look totally ridiculous .. just hideous and mutated, not to mention it's not a natural power. Someone else mentioned it, but it's TRUE ..

Zabuza/Haku > Oro/Kimi !

This arc is getting real old, I'm worried that because Kishimoto feels he keeps having to pump up the powers of characters continually, that the series will start to lose it's feel, and become just a mutant/monster anime. I mean, what is ninja-like at ALL about Kimimaro? Or for that matter, any of the other sound mutants .. ?

As far as freaky weird powers / monsters, Kyuubi and Shukaku were quite enough, if not already over the top.

Good riddance Kimi, I hope you were truly the last retarded character thrown our way i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

This is so true, Kishimoto is losing the essence of Naruto with all these overwhelming power. It would be a shame if this anime turns out to be a dissapointment. However i am quite anxious to know more about Naruto-Sasuke. It's the best plotbase they have at the moment.

Hotsuma
Thu, 06-03-2004, 12:25 AM
I seriously hope Naruto kicks the SHIT out of Sasuke. Because of Sasuke, ALL of us had to fucking wait out 6 months (maybe more) looking back at Orochimaru, when they should have been fighting Itachi and the Akatsuki already, dammit.

Kick his ass, Naruto. Kick his fucking ass for drawing this out much farther than it should've been.

Mut
Thu, 06-03-2004, 12:58 AM
i don't see anything wrong with how the story is going right now. i think it's perfectly fine.

syllaw
Thu, 06-03-2004, 03:19 AM

Lee will probably die by saving a precious person, most likely for Gai or Sakura.

sakura is a precious person? photographic evidence post haste please... why has no one thought about sasuke not going to orochimaru, just using the lvl2 to find itachi and get smacked around again....

~GS

Raven
Thu, 06-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by: syllaw

sakura is a precious person? photographic evidence post haste please... why has no one thought about sasuke not going to orochimaru, just using the lvl2 to find itachi and get smacked around again....

~GS
Sakura is a precious person of Lee, yes. Remember the fight with the 3 sound nins in the forrest of death? Lee fought them all off and used the Lotus to protect his 'precious person' Sakura.

Lithonite
Fri, 06-04-2004, 03:38 AM
Sasuke is about to mop the floor with naruto. sadly this is pretty much theonly way the story can really prgress