PDA

View Full Version : Whats the practicallity of e-mailing a anime file??

Foomanchew24
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Is this possible? if not what is the best way to send someone a anime file or other large file without having a website? i have never sent anyone a large file and wouldn't mind helping others get anime episodes that i have and they don't or can't find. any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all who respond.

Stoopider
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:22 AM
E-mailling Torrent links woulnd't be such a bad idea.

But e-mailinga large file, unless you have a superbig mail (Like the awaited G-mail), it would be very difficult. Plus, downloading it, would be another sucky part. Because the download speeds from some mail's usually isn't very fast because they have to accomodate thousands.

BEst would still be BitTorrent, a vast network p2p me thinks. However e-mailing torrent links would be a good idea.

Gotwoot could have a auto e-mail updates on all the latest Naruto goodies i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif. But I wouldn't subscribe to it.. Heheh, too much a hassle cleaning up the mail.

Xollence
Fri, 05-28-2004, 02:33 AM
AOL Instant Messenger, MSN, ICQ, mIRC, all let you send files.

There's also other file sharing programs (http://www.xenogenesis.com/browse/computers/internetutil/fsp/) you can use.

r3n
Fri, 05-28-2004, 05:40 AM
emailing an anime episode? LOL ur crazy, it wont work. there will be some sorta limiter on the POP account ur using most likely as to attachment filesize.

best way is to use mIRC as this supports resume, unlike MSNmessenger. ive not tried AIM but if that supports file resume then u can use that also.

Raven
Fri, 05-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Definitely use IRC. It's so simple once you know how to do it. Virtually all you have to do is click on the person and select send.

L8r
Fri, 05-28-2004, 08:13 AM
well my sister once mail a movie to one of here freinds....
she used winrar ( i think...not sure ) to make it in to like 50 smaler files and mailed them one at a time... toke like forever but he got the movie =)

EDIT: but i whould go with mIRC

Lego
Fri, 05-28-2004, 08:51 AM
she used winrar ( i think...not sure ) to make it in to like 50 smaler files and mailed them one at a time... toke like forever but he got the movie

reminds me of when i go to get my Jap Av movies from sites.. how they split em into 500 different little .rar's, which become annoying and hard to keep track of.

Best way, as said was just pick a random mirc server, like dalnet, or somet big generic one, and make up some channel, and just send it and talk in that channel.

AIM or MSN is so so, i reccomend mirc.

Swallow Your Soul
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure what is involved in creating a torrent, but would that be a possibility? If you sent a torrent to the person or put it up on a site would that work? (I don't really know myself...I just download the things i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif). Them mirc things are too much trouble for me...I got the software once (aaages ago) and it seemed to have a chatroomy interface (I loathe chatrooms). Yeah it probably makes it harder for me to find stuff...but it seemed a hassle...and being the n00b that I was, I followed the guide provided by the website of the mirc channel (or whatever you call it) and by following the instructions...I got banned i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

NM
Sat, 05-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Mirc is the way to go.

Koyuki
Sat, 05-29-2004, 03:58 PM
What about ftp? Or maybe DC++,Irc is great to

stos289
Sat, 05-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Yes, there is a way to do that. Its called an ftp (file transfer protocol) server. It is a way to access files on one computer, from any computer in the world. To create an ftp server I suggest you get a program called Cerberus FTP Server. You can get it here (http://www.cerberusftp.com/download.htm#download). This program creates your own private server online. Once you set up the server, you can access it by going to http:\\(your computer's ip address). Then it will ask you for a password, which you have already made, and it should work. Also, you'll need to forward the port that Cerberus FTP Server uses, which is port 21. Hope I could help.