PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 85 Discussion ***SPOILERS***

Krbadass
Thu, 05-27-2004, 08:45 PM
talk away.

Mae
Thu, 05-27-2004, 09:01 PM
I get the 1st post!

Anyway, another great ep. I think the theory that Itachi spared Sasuke because he liked him is pretty much crushed now. Itachi seems to be torturing Sasuke for some specific purpose, the bastard.

Gai's entrance rocked, he was misled by his "burning passion," lol.

I hope Sasuke is OK.....

As before, I already want the next ep.

dragon
Thu, 05-27-2004, 09:02 PM
don't spoil, atticus.

Toruxxx
Thu, 05-27-2004, 09:13 PM
the episode was real good and knowing itachi still has his pony tail is cool aswell lol i didnt know he still had it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif but it looks like even itachi cant stand having the sharingan on all the time BLAH! and i thought he was the master of it!!. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

LaZie
Thu, 05-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Downloading it right now..........cant wait! *giggles* hehehehe

logic
Thu, 05-27-2004, 09:56 PM
So someone already commented on itachi having to turn his sharingan off since he has to 'rest'.

The black flames.. has to be something truly significant since jiraiya sealed it (to study later i'm assuming).

Awesome that tsunade was introduced, finally. Overall a great ep, can't wait for the next one.

Jessper
Thu, 05-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Dragon spoilers arn't allowed, go talk in the manga section and try forming coherent sentences while your at it.

IamSpazzy
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Do Jiraiya and Orochimaru have anything written on their backs?

SK
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:08 PM
dont quote the spoiler. anyway i thought it was a good ep, gai is still annoying i thought that was one of the most cheesiest entrances ive ever seen, he is such a loser. im still going with my theory that itachi is experimenting with sasuke to show that hate is the ultimate power and motivation. jiraiya was pretty cool in this one, that jutsu was awesome but what stops him from being digested?

deadlydreamx
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:08 PM
seems like itachi has other plans for saskue because itachi said that he has no interest for him now.

IamSpazzy
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:13 PM
little theory:

I think that itachi is possessed, and he doesn't want to be. He knows that the only person who can kill him in his possessed state is possibly sasuke. so itachi kills everyone in order to motivate sasuke to become powerful enough to kill him.

SK
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by: IamSpazzy
little theory:

I think that itachi is possessed, and he doesn't want to be. He knows that the only person who can kill him in his possessed state is possibly sasuke. so itachi kills everyone in order to motivate sasuke to become powerful enough to kill him.

hahahaha lol i read that and started laughin. hehe thats fuckin retarted dude lol. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:18 PM
I thought the episode was quite good, a lot of interesting stuff went on...I'm just wondering, after watching the preview for the next episode, if it will be more of a filler episode...kind of seemed that way v_v but hopefully not.

tensai
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:24 PM
good ep,
jiraiyas jutsu was tight,
sasuke relizes how weak he truly is
i wonder if jiraiya knows what the black flame is, since he had to seal it
itachi relizes how powerful jiraiya is since he had to use a powerful technique to break through that jutsu
sugoi desu
cant wait for the next ep with Tsunade

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:27 PM
I don't think Jiraiya know what the black flames (Amaterasu) were, cause he seemed to surprised about it

Kagari
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh wow, Gai's "Dynamic Entrance" has got to be one of the funniest things i've seen in a while.....and when he's explaining how he had to use the forehead protector, I kept laughing all the way through!!

Great Episode....but Jiraiya's jutsu is still a little gross i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Yeah I thought that was really funny too, Gai's Dynamic Entrance ^_^ I did read that manga chapter and thought it was really funny and so it was cool to see that animated

Trunks420
Thu, 05-27-2004, 11:36 PM
whats with the black flame, i think this dude is an alien . Even jiraiya is surprised about this

Aeon
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Great episode, Tsunade seem's like she is going to be funny now that we know she is a compulsive gambler. She had to have atleast 100k in the briefcase. Since she seem's to be a medical expert we might see the return of Lee.

Anbu Soljah
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:08 AM
I thought that Gai's Entrance was pretty cool and that Jiraiya seems like he has some cool justu in his bag of tricks...

Gods_Son
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by: Trunks420
whats with the black flame, i think this dude is an alien . Even jiraiya is surprised about this

Itachi being an alien, I hope that's just a bad joke.

Outtawack311
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:16 AM
They hinted at the return of Rock Lee when they showed him right before they mentioned Tsunade being an expert healer.

orn210
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:25 AM
great to see jiraiya in action and we did see tsunade's back also know that her summon is slug, hopefully next episode doesn't look like fillers <=just realized i wrote ''spoilers'' instead of ''fillers'' lol

SeifeR
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:34 AM
tsunade looked kinda fat, i hope shes a good fighter i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

gokudagreat
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Theres definitely a reason that Itachi kept Sasuke alive... We all agree on that right?

I definitely think since like he said only a Sharingan user with the blood of an Uchiha can defeat him that i have to come to the conclusion that he wants Sasuke to eventually kill him, thats why he keeps on trying to get him madder and madder until he becomes strong enough to do it... But i also think that Naruto will convince him to fight for love instead of hate and then he will obtain true strength and you know the whole morals thing

Outtawack311
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:40 AM
Why are all of the legendary 3 messed up. Orochimaru is evil and insane, Jiraiya is a perverted peeping tom and Tsunade is a compulsive gambler. Maybe they are so legendary due to how messed up they are. Not how powerful.

LostAngel
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by: SeifeR
tsunade looked kinda fat, i hope shes a good fighter i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

i just think the animation was a bit bad with her and she was wearing big clothing. Hmm lmfao I can't help but think what the hell a slug could do. I couldn't but laugh when he said that. I think Jiriaya has a thing for her just by the way he talks about her and since his the only one who knows where she is at.

When Gai was talking about Kakashi and Sasuke about how long they would sleep.... does it mean they can only wake up if Tsunade heals them?? Seems that was what Jiriaya was saying. So if thats so... that is pretty much positive that she will return and become the 5th. I wonder if Jiriaya didn't interfere with Sasuke and Itachi if Itachi would of killed Sasuke.

Himura_san
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:02 AM

Well she definitely is fat in the right places! *wink wink*

Outtawack311
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:03 AM
My guess, Kakashi wakes up after 72 hours and Sasuke wakes up after 24.

Mut
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:05 AM
i wonder when itachi will return again.

deadlydreamx
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:09 AM
why do you think he's goin away all he said was he needed rest

kaigan
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:24 AM
I definitely think since like he said only a Sharingan user with the blood of an Uchiha can defeat him that i have to come to the conclusion that he wants Sasuke to eventually kill him, thats why he keeps on trying to get him madder and madder until he becomes strong enough to do it...

that is just retarded. why would he spared sasuke so he can be kill by sasuke later on? i mean, why would you spare someone so later they can kill you?

reasons

1. he's an idiot
2. he's a moron
3. it's a waste of time to kill someone that is so weak that is not worth his time of killing

and i think i will go with reason 3.

Pyron
Fri, 05-28-2004, 02:53 AM
good episode, not that great but everything is still developing until they actually start to fight right? i thought it was hype when sasuke was getting beat up realizing the power difference from him and his brother's. its sad how hard he trained but finding out he still can't do anything. and it looks like no jounin can do anything to him i guess its up to the sannin's then.

and to whoever...what level is itachi suppose to be? jounin too? if this was asked before in a previous post..don't make it a big deal, i'm just asking a question...so if you know the answer, fill me in

gokudagreat
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:41 AM
Kaigan, the point is he Wants to die, like he wants to be defeated, its a complex that many powerful anime villains go through, they are so bored because they are so powerful and they want to be defeated so they can finally feel what its like to have a good matchup

kaigan
Fri, 05-28-2004, 04:00 AM
he's not the most powerful. He is extremely strong but i doubt that he is the most powerful. the story hasn't even develope yet and we haven't seen that many new faces. therefore, i would say that there might be a hidden story behind why itachi didn't kill sasuke.

Mongoose
Fri, 05-28-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by: ShinobiNeko
I thought the episode was quite good, a lot of interesting stuff went on...I'm just wondering, after watching the preview for the next episode, if it will be more of a filler episode...kind of seemed that way v_v but hopefully not.

Really depends on your definition of filler. If filler is an ep that goes into some side story or one that isn't in the manga, then no, it's not filler. Every ep in the anime has followed the manga so far, and the next one looks to be no different. Now, if filler is an ep that doesn't involve huge, climactic ninja battles, then.... maybe it's filler. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

PoDy
Fri, 05-28-2004, 07:59 AM
IF "itachi issent from this world" part is true. That kinda twist would SUCK.
That would spoil the anime alot. Atleast i think so.

I hope Itachi is just a super strong ninja. Dont want him to be possesed by some weird thing that hasent been introduced yet cuz that would destroy the anime. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

dragon
Fri, 05-28-2004, 08:02 AM
gais entrance was gay omg he is jux a wannabe kakashi he has to be the dumass/gayass of the series

ZeaLitY
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by: dragon
gais entrance was gay omg he is jux a wannabe kakashi he has to be the dumass/gayass of the series

You're an idiot.

SK
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:12 PM
yeah he is, but i agree with him gai is a dumbass. i think itachi is trying to drive sasuke to be stronger and stronger and eventually sasuke will turn evil like itachi. then naruto will have to fight sasuke in the last episodes.

scarfacejq
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Whatever Technique Itachi used to burn his way out, changed my mind about the whole hyuga vs. uchiha thing! Anyhow, I think he could use the flames because they came from his shrivled black heart i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Ricardoman
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey, what do you people think?

Is the dark flame attack part of the advanced bloodline of the Uchiha's? or is it a jutsu that Itachi picked up somewhere?

I for one think it is bloodline related.

SK
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:35 PM
i do too since they implied he used his sharingan to perform the jutsu for it.

gokudagreat
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:59 PM
I got the impression that it was just sheer stregth of body and chakra that allowed Itachi to be able to burn through, cause the end of the ep implied it used most of his strength to do it cause he had to release the sharingan to rest.

Mongoose
Fri, 05-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Well, he had a specific name for it, so it's likely some unique technique he's developed rather than just willpower (Itachi doesn't seem to need to make hand seals like other ninjas). Considering there used to be more Sharingan users, I'd think other people in Konoha would know if one of the abilities of the eye was to spit out fire, nor does it fit with the eye's other abilities of observation and illusion. Too direct.

Mut
Fri, 05-28-2004, 02:40 PM
amaterasu (the black flames) is a special jutsu performed via mangekyou sharingan.

Krbadass
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:35 PM
mut@t@, keep your mouth closed about things we don't know yet

SeifeR
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:48 PM
LOL ya the clothing did make her look big, and the pig kinda threw me off too i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
but i cant wait to see wut she looks like, its gonna be funny to see her and jiraiya
go at it, perverted hermit and a compulsive gambler, wonder what their arguments are like

and ya i thought the same about the slugs, but wut if she summons like giant leech slugs
id run from tsunade definatly then, cant wait to see her techniques

Assassin
Fri, 05-28-2004, 04:13 PM
i have a question.....jiraya says that he summoned the esopheges (sp) of a huge frog rite? so if its throat is tehre with jiraya, how is the frog surviving :s ? i would assume having ur throat teleported would probably kill u, lol.

also, jiraya says that this frog usually breathes fire (when he say teh black flames). so its not gamabunta then, correct? if its not him, then is there another frog more powerful then gamabunta?

SilentSnake
Fri, 05-28-2004, 04:44 PM
I suppose that not necessarily more powerful, just spiting fire, and we know that there are bigass frogs beside gamabunta, for example "frog destroyer" or whatever was that frog which crushed oro's snakes...

Mongoose
Fri, 05-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
amaterasu (the black flames) is a special jutsu performed via mangekyou sharingan.

There's nothing in the manga or anime that conclusively shows it's specifically a technique performed with the Sharingan, as neither shows anything other than Itachi concentrating, then cutting to Jiraiya's reaction. Other than knowing that Itachi can do something with black flames, until it's shown in use, its method of delivery is a mystery...

NightShade
Fri, 05-28-2004, 06:35 PM
I dont post much but here is what i think is going on.

When Itachi killed his family. I think he was trying to test his str as in How far would he go. Could he do it. He knew already that he was more powerful. Hell even his father said so.

What i think he is doing is trying to get his little brother to train harder and keep pushing him to become stronger that way he will have someone in the family to test his full powers on. Thats the only reason i could think of for letting him live.

This ep was pretty good. Just i wish they would hurry along with story some. Waiting a week for 20 mins shows is a killer.

LostAngel
Fri, 05-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by: Assassin
i have a question.....jiraya says that he summoned the esopheges (sp) of a huge frog rite? so if its throat is tehre with jiraya, how is the frog surviving :s ? i would assume having ur throat teleported would probably kill u, lol.

also, jiraya says that this frog usually breathes fire (when he say teh black flames). so its not gamabunta then, correct? if its not him, then is there another frog more powerful then gamabunta?

Hmmmm the frogs name was Iwagama..... I think when he mentioned it breathing fire... I think he was wondering his body could handle fire within his body that that black flamed fire was able to penitrate his stomach walls so it shocked the hell out of Jiriaya.

I dont think this is an advance blood techinque because I think Jiriaya would of heard of it before... I think its one of those techinques like the one dealing with the Death God (forgot the name).... no one really knows about it but a few. The reason Itachi sharingon went away was simply because it used up most of his chakra so he had to quite using it.

itsgalf
Fri, 05-28-2004, 06:38 PM
This episode was brilliant. hahaha, I loved watching Sasuke getting slapped around by Itachi...kudos to Itachi~! Hahaha Sasuke is such a weak dingaling

chambers
Fri, 05-28-2004, 07:05 PM
yeah sometimes you watch it and you think heck naruto is so strong and then the next weak they show a fight that just makes you think wow this guy could beat naruto with both hand tied behind his back and only using his tongue.

Ryuuza Megami
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:47 PM
Weird Episode, though I didn't like it as much as I liked 84 to tell you the truth. Episode 85 seemed kind of short. I can understand Naruto wanting to go after Itachi and bakafish, but as Jiraiya said...Anyway, that first glimpse of Tsunade was weird...That pig really threw me for a loop and the way that she was slouching...I thought that she was an old crone. Anyway, that's what I thought about it...

SK
Fri, 05-28-2004, 11:59 PM
nah dont u know tsuanade is hot? hottest old lady anime character i ever seen.
*SPOILER PIC OF TSUNADE'S FACE*
http://junta00.free.fr/persos/tsunade.jpg

?igma
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:06 AM
she's 50 though i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Eurasian
Sat, 05-29-2004, 01:32 AM
i think tsunade being a gambler is cool (bad habit but cool). i wouldn't want her to be someone corny...likes sakura. Plus, Tsunade's gambling habit will be a comic relief from all that intense action involving Itachi.

I feel sorry for Sasuke. I don't particularly like Sasuke, but when he was so helpless against Itachi, I couldn't help but to feel sorry for him. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif The black flames...scary...I was shocked that Jiraiya had to SEAL the fire away. What kind of fire needs SEALING?!?! He is scary, but ... kind of cool.

I respect Jiraiya on a whole new level. I mean...those jutsus were something.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO SEE NARUTO FIGHT!!!! GO NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Gai-Sensei. Even though what he did was stupid, he is still cool.

Hokage Naruto
Sat, 05-29-2004, 01:50 AM
haha same same

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 05-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Oh man Sasuke got the pissed smacked out of him. I saw the sub with the profanity in it...It stung. "You're weak...Why are you so weak?..." *Moves in and whispers in Sasuke's ear* "Little bitch..."
All I can say is...Damn. Damn

Outtawack311
Sat, 05-29-2004, 02:04 AM
We dont need Tsunade to provide comic relief, every other character in Naruto is comic relief. We have Jiraiya, Naruto and Gai to provide comic relief in the current situation. There are only 4-5 characters in the entire anime that arent comic relief.

As of now we have:
Choji
Ebisu
Gai
Iruka
Konohamaru
Rock Lee
Shikamaru (he has his lazy schtick)
Kakashi
Sakura
Naruto
Jiraiya
Pakkun

Thats all I could think of, and even with that we dont need Tsunade to be cracking gambling jokes every 5 seconds. The episodes already get spread pretty thin, we dont need someone else cracking a joke every 3 seconds to take away from actual story.

Kagari
Sat, 05-29-2004, 02:13 AM
Outtawack, Naruto is good the way it is. We don't need you telling us every 3 seconds why it could suck.

Naruto is awesome the way it is...they have a perfect balance of serious and comic relief.

Sasuke
Kakashi
Zabuza
Haku
Gaara
Shino
Neji
Kankuro
Kabuto
Kurenai
Hokage (pre-death)
Dosu
Kisame
Itatchi

I'd say my list of serious characters is just as long as yours...and we've both left out several characters as well. (Kiba, Ino, Temari, etc.) If it was all serious or all Comedy, it wouldn't be Naruto as we know it. I hope tsunade is as funny as it seems she's gonna be...and I think up to now, the Creators of Naruto have not let us down...lets trust them to make Tsunade as cool as can be.

Outtawack311
Sat, 05-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Usually you dont have 1-1 comedy relief to serious characters. Or even 1-2 of the same ratio.

My real problem is that she is being searched after to become a leader. I just can't see a leader of a Ninja village being that humorous, it would be a huge step towards demolishing any seriousness in the series. I hope she is cool. Actually, I am positive she will be since the only character I dont really like so far is Sakura. I just really believe they shouldn't make the next Hokage comic relief.

Mongoose
Sat, 05-29-2004, 03:11 AM
I don't see it as comic relief in that no one's really throwing out one-liners or anything. But it makes characters, and particularly heroes, more interesting when they're flawed, and yes, lots of comedy comes out of exploiting flaws, schticks, and weird habits. So, Gai's over the top, Jiraiya's got a wandering eye, Naruto is hyperactive, and Tsunade's got a gambling problem. Even Sarutobi turns out to have a bit of a pervert in him, and of course his less funny flaw of not being able to discipline his star pupil was the main drive for much of the anime so far. Imperfections make characters more lovable, and funny foibles make their problems more pronounced when they get serious. So Tsunade probably won't be cracking jokes about gambling, but you better believe her vice will be exaggerated for effect. After all, she's a Legendary Ninja; she shouldn't do things small (in more ways than one). i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Slightly off-topic, but IMO One Piece does a good job of this mix between comedy and drama. Every one of the main characters, with the possible exception of Robin, has a major flaw that's exploited for laughs. Luffy's a simpleton, Zoro nods off easily (he's usually straight man, though), Nami's got an unhealthy obsession with money, Sanji melts for women, Usopp's a coward, and Chopper's naive, but their backstories are all pretty depressing.

Outtawack311
Sat, 05-29-2004, 03:19 AM
I guess I notice these things more since I just finished watching Rah Xephon...........

orn210
Sat, 05-29-2004, 03:22 AM
she does look fat in anime, better hope that she's not selfish like jiraiya or oro

Hokage-IV
Sat, 05-29-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-

Originally posted by: IamSpazzy
little theory:

hahahaha lol i read that and started laughin. hehe thats fuckin retarted dude lol. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

why is that funny?

Akatsuki is like Illuminati, a secret organization that is trying to control the world by obtaining "demon" powers. plus the fact Akatsuki wears black robes and have their nails painted purple and very symbolic with their rings and crossed of their symbol on their headband. Not symbolic enuff? how about ,the funny coincedence when Itachi used Tsukomi (spelling?)on kakashi, he was on the cross...............

Saying Akatsuki got on hold of Itachi and possessed him before he killed his clan. i dont think its far fetched idea.

I also think Kabuto is involved w/ other organization, possibly with Akatsuki

Hokage-IV
Sat, 05-29-2004, 07:53 AM
(* crossed off their symbol on their headband is very symbolic thats mimicking Illuminati . Illuminati consists of 13wealthiest families from all over the world. Members are differnent nationalities and have the same goal to rule the world and excerise demonic powers. In the real world money is power. When you translate it to Naruto world ninjutsu is power, and each members r one of the best from their villages who are S ranked. So by thus scratching their symbol and not fully getting rid of it on their headband is conveying to us that they are from different villages that makes up the organization akatsuki. funny isnit?)

Feannag
Sat, 05-29-2004, 08:47 AM
It always has to be something "inhuman" to explain overwhelming power, like with Itachi breaking out of the frog stomach jitsu. I love how it's a pattern that the villains always have something inhuman to explain their power (ie Gaara) but I guess it's fair for Naruto to have one as well but it's still pretty much a pattern.

My guess is Itachi sold his soul or something to a demon early on in life or stumbling on some otherwordly power making his own Sharingan techniques or something.

Overall a better epsiode though, those "cliffhanger" episodes can get irritating sometimes.

SilentSnake
Sat, 05-29-2004, 09:07 AM
I don't believe in that "itachi sold his soul/itachi's an alien/itachi's being possessed" sh*t, but that's just me...

PSJ
Sat, 05-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by: orn210
she does look fat in anime, better hope that she's not selfish like jiraiya or oro

why is jiraiya selfish? doesnt he help naruto and doesnt he search for a hokage? oro is selfish as he only thinks of whats best for him. jiraiya helps out.

anyway this ep was quite goodi hope they wont screw up thw story to much from here on.

Assertn
Sat, 05-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles
Oh man Sasuke got the pissed smacked out of him. I saw the sub with the profanity in it...It stung. "You're weak...Why are you so weak?..." *Moves in and whispers in Sasuke's ear* "Little bitch..."

ahahahaha.......thats awesome......if only he actually DID say that to sasuke....i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

SK
Sat, 05-29-2004, 09:49 AM
hey tsunade didnt look fat, thats just her clothes damnit! all we seen is her back, and in the opening she doesnt look fat lol. and to Hokage-IV that was like the first page or something so i really dont care at this point, it was still a funny post.
EDIT: to post above, in the manga wasnt he whispering like, 'why are you weak?' 'i know, not enough hate'

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-29-2004, 09:53 AM
There are a few different translations, same basic meaning though. Sasuke is a little bitch compared to Itachi right now.

Assertn
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by: Outtawack311
We dont need Tsunade to provide comic relief, every other character in Naruto is comic relief. We have Jiraiya, Naruto and Gai to provide comic relief in the current situation. There are only 4-5 characters in the entire anime that arent comic relief.

As of now we have:
Choji
Ebisu
Gai
Iruka
Konohamaru
Rock Lee
Shikamaru (he has his lazy schtick)
Kakashi
Sakura
Naruto
Jiraiya
Pakkun

Thats all I could think of, and even with that we dont need Tsunade to be cracking gambling jokes every 5 seconds. The episodes already get spread pretty thin, we dont need someone else cracking a joke every 3 seconds to take away from actual story.

thats quite exaggerrated
just because a character is funny doesnt make him a "comic relief" character....i would not consider iruka, shikamaru, kakashi or sakura to be comic relief AT ALL, and then half of the others you listed have a good mix of funny and usefulness....but a person who is "comic relief" serves no other real purpose in the show than to break away from the seriousness....like ebisu and konohamaru

however judging by the list you built.....wouldnt you add anko to it? since her entrance to the series was, as sakura puts it, "Naruto-ish"?

Hokage-IV
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by: Feannag
It always has to be something "inhuman" to explain overwhelming power, like with Itachi breaking out of the frog stomach jitsu. I love how it's a pattern that the villains always have something inhuman to explain their power (ie Gaara) but I guess it's fair for Naruto to have one as well but it's still pretty much a pattern.

My guess is Itachi sold his soul or something to a demon early on in life or stumbling on some otherwordly power making his own Sharingan techniques or something.

Overall a better epsiode though, those "cliffhanger" episodes can get irritating sometimes.

kishimoto is obviously mimicking illuminati in a obscure way... and illumanti's goal is to control the world and paved the way for the antichrist.... and if this some how end up being Hokage IV 's body is possesed and is the lder of the akatsuki or they want to revive him ...dont be too shock

(perhaps Kabuto is involved in this field, perhaps that is why they showed his incredible medical skills, and making tsunade say those words(dont want to spoil for non manga rders), perhaps he is a spy against orochimaru cuz orochimaru left the organization and he was an important member. Perhaps bcuz hes the only one that knows how to do that forbidden jutsu and kabuto is spying on him to learn his spirit transfer jutsu or that other jutsu that revives the dead ..perhaps his red eye is indication of being possessed ...... perhaps...)

I have a feeling we will see Hokage-IV in this anime , one way or the other.

SeifeR
Sat, 05-29-2004, 03:02 PM

wow i take back all my doubts on tsunade now LOL i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
cant wait!

she doesnt look 50 just like how oro doesnt look old
but why does jiraiya look older then these 2?

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 05-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure

Originally posted by: Uchiha Barles

ahahahaha.......thats awesome......if only he actually DID say that to sasuke....i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

The AJONE/FUNNYMATION subbed naruto 85 actually did say that in case you're interested. Not sure if the translation is accurate per se, but there's no denying it was brutal. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Himura_san
Sat, 05-29-2004, 06:59 PM
I also want to add that it seems Itachi is more powerful than Jariaya expected, he basically broke out of Jariaya's jutsu like if it was made of paper. It would be awesome if those two went head-to-head deathmatch but from what Itachi has said only a Sharingan user can compete with him, so that probably is wishful thinking on my part.

Terracosmo
Sat, 05-29-2004, 07:20 PM

wow i take back all my doubts on tsunade now LOL i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
cant wait!

she doesnt look 50 just like how oro doesnt look old
but why does jiraiya look older then these 2?

Oro looks quite old IMO, but other than that I guess the fact that he switches body does wonders. As for Tsunade, you'll find out in a few episodes. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

orn210
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:52 PM
yeah tsunade's one of my favorite character(which is very few)

Raven
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:54 PM
I don't think that Jiraiya looks that old, just because he has white hair. Look at Kakashi, he's got grey hair yet still looks young.

orn210
Sun, 05-30-2004, 01:38 AM
jiraiya and oro do look old compared to the jounins and other ppl

Assertn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 01:45 AM
you already decided she's your favorite huh? some people waste no time i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Stoopider
Sun, 05-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Oba-chan lovers.

coldpower27
Sun, 05-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Can't wait for the official entrance of Tsunade at her 50 something age, we already got ap ick of Tsunade when she was young in the Third Season openining.... now let' see how well she agedi/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Casualty
Sun, 05-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by: Himura_san
I also want to add that it seems Itachi is more powerful than Jariaya expected, he basically broke out of Jariaya's jutsu like if it was made of paper. It would be awesome if those two went head-to-head deathmatch but from what Itachi has said only a Sharingan user can compete with him, so that probably is wishful thinking on my part.

Some people really do not pay attention. Do you not recall when Itachi and fishman were standing on the cliff, and talking about their chances if they fought jiraiya? Itachi says that if they were to fight him, the two of them together, that the best case scenario would be for everyone in the fight to die. He also says that it wouldn't even matter if they called for reinforcements, nothing would help them win that fight. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as "competing with him".

MemnochTheCaT
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by: Casualty

Some people really do not pay attention. Do you not recall when Itachi and fishman were standing on the cliff, and talking about their chances if they fought jiraiya? Itachi says that if they were to fight him, the two of them together, that the best case scenario would be for everyone in the fight to die. He also says that it wouldn't even matter if they called for reinforcements, nothing would help them win that fight. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as "competing with him".

ROFL, true i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Jiraiya > Itachi

orn210
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by: Casualty

yeah and also itachi used all his strength to break jiraiya's jutsu but im not saying jiraiya is stronger cuz nobody knows that

Outtawack311
Sun, 05-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Obviously Itachi knows Jiraiya is stronger.

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-30-2004, 06:39 PM
After escaping the toad stomach, Kisame makes it seem like Itachi could've taken Jiraiya, but before he says they have no chance. Kisame is a contradicting idiot. Itachi is intimidated by Jiraiya, but I think it'd still be a dangerous fight for both. Seems like Jiraiya is stronger at the moment.

orn210
Sun, 05-30-2004, 07:02 PM
yeah pretty much looked like that first they tried to fool jiraiya then when he comes back and starts kind of fight they run away..........

Raven
Sun, 05-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Although it has been said that the only one who can completely compete with Itachi is another true-blooded Sharingan user, hence the fact that Sasuke is still alive. This suggests that Jiraiya can never truly beat him.

Stoopider
Sun, 05-30-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
Although it has been said that the only one who can completely compete with Itachi is another true-blooded Sharingan user, hence the fact that Sasuke is still alive. This suggests that Jiraiya can never truly beat him.

Kakashi was the one who said that. But we'll see. The one who would finally kill Itachi would most definitely be Sasuke. His whole character is founded on it. It would be such a dissapointer if someone else kills Itachi.

MemnochTheCaT
Mon, 05-31-2004, 01:54 AM

Care to explain why Itachi said his speech regarding how he and Kisame would either die or tie fighting him ..

AND he left the battle?

I think it's true that Jiraiya WILL never beat Itachi, because he is not his rival/reason for being in the series. Itachi's purpose is as a plot crux and goal of Sasuke, it would destroy the plot if Jiraiya pwned him like we know he could.

Think about it, you travel a long way, go through many troublesome conflicts, and come across Jiraiya .. if you were ABLE to defeat him, why not go ahead, so your mission can be a success? Nope, he failed in every sense of the word, except that he escaped with his life i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Makes me think of his line to Sasuke .. 'Run, run and cling to life' .. ROFL he's taking his own advice in the presence of the Ero sennin i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Jiraiya (or Udon) > Itachi .. but the point is moot, because it will end as .... Sasuke > Itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jessper
Mon, 05-31-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT

Care to explain why Itachi said his speech regarding how he and Kisame would either die or tie fighting him ..

AND he left the battle?

I think it's true that Jiraiya WILL never beat Itachi, because he is not his rival/reason for being in the series. Itachi's purpose is as a plot crux and goal of Sasuke, it would destroy the plot if Jiraiya pwned him like we know he could.

Think about it, you travel a long way, go through many troublesome conflicts, and come across Jiraiya .. if you were ABLE to defeat him, why not go ahead, so your mission can be a success? Nope, he failed in every sense of the word, except that he escaped with his life i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Makes me think of his line to Sasuke .. 'Run, run and cling to life' .. ROFL he's taking his own advice in the presence of the Ero sennin i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Jiraiya (or Udon) > Itachi .. but the point is moot, because it will end as .... Sasuke > Itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Do you know for a FACT that the translation came across perfectly and Itachi didn't say something else than what we read? Alot of Itachi and Kisame's statements are being contradictory with that statement so I wouldn't belive that whole heartedly. Itachi needed rest, we don't "know" Jiraiya could defeat him, your making an awful lot of speculation on one statement that could have been a mis translation.

Mongoose
Mon, 05-31-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by: Jessper
Do you know for a FACT that the translation came across perfectly and Itachi didn't say something else than what we read? Alot of Itachi and Kisame's statements are being contradictory with that statement so I wouldn't belive that whole heartedly. Itachi needed rest, we don't "know" Jiraiya could defeat him, your making an awful lot of speculation on one statement that could have been a mis translation.

There's another thread in the Naruto Open Discussion that asserts that the manga translation currently on Narutofan is flawed, and the actual conversation in the manga goes as follows, which is essentially the same as the translation for the anime:

Originally posted by: raijin
Actually, the manga has mentioned it, but the current circulating translated chapter where it is said is somewhat mistranslated.

Although I could do a translation myself from the raw manga, here is the conversation (from the manga) between Itachi and Kisame after their confrontation with the Konoha Jounins translated by AK of Troy (the individual who translated Naruto Volumes 1-12 and is the translator at Toriyama's World):

Kisame - You may be able to keep up with him but I don't know about me...
Kisame - He's on a different level
Itachi - Yeah... Fight him and we either both end up dead or get lucky and get a draw
Itachi - Increasing our numbers likely won't make a difference
Kisame - We finally find him at the ramen place and his bodyguard is one of those "legendary three nins"...
Kisame - Against him, the name of the "Leaf's Uchiha Clan" and the "Mist Seven Shinobi Swordsman" will just be tarnished...
Itachi - Yeah... But...
Itachi - Even the most powerful have a weakness...

How much stock you put into this depends on how highly you view Toriyama's World translations (to me they seemed accurate).

I tried my own hand at translating a snippet of Itachi's statement, armed with an online dictionary, but I can't get the last word. From what I can tell the segment goes

yariau (compete with)
eba (ever)
futaritomo (both (people))
kurosu (killed)
? ariuru-ka? areru-ka? Can't really tell...

In any case, there's good evidence that Itachi has said Jiryaiya may be too powerful in his opinion; whether that holds true in the anime, who knows...

kupalmaru
Mon, 05-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Jiraya did not use any speacial move during the battle(one that will cunsume his chakra bigtime) but Itachi almost crap his pants and may have use one of his special move. Mangyeko may not work work with jiraya because he could summon a small battle frog or do an all attack like the one that he use in the inn. An "all attack" is something that cover the entire place; jiraya don't need to look at the enemy.
It's like on the RPG game you just cast "all fire".

Stoopider
Mon, 05-31-2004, 10:31 AM
* I"ve went thorugh episode 85, 4 times. And you know what. *

* After Jiraiya did the meat wall thingy. *

* The GIRL JIRAIYA WAS CARRYING IS GONE!! *

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-31-2004, 10:34 AM
DYNAMIC ENTRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Knives122
Mon, 05-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Maybe the girl was eaten by the wall or something, who cares shes not important

Assertn
Mon, 05-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
* I"ve went thorugh episode 85, 4 times. And you know what. *

* After Jiraiya did the meat wall thingy. *

* The GIRL JIRAIYA WAS CARRYING IS GONE!! *

munch munch.......

it would be rude to borrow someone's esophagus without offering at least SOMETHING for it to digest

LostAngel
Mon, 05-31-2004, 05:05 PM
hmmmmm A/A 85 is out but it has 0 seeders/leechers... thats makes me sad =(!!

Zabuza No Jutsu
Mon, 05-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by: Mongoose
[quote]
Originally posted by: Jessper

There's another thread in the Naruto Open Discussion that asserts that the manga translation currently on Narutofan is flawed, and the actual conversation in the manga goes as follows, which is essentially the same as the translation for the anime:

Actually, the manga has mentioned it, but the current circulating translated chapter where it is said is somewhat mistranslated.

Although I could do a translation myself from the raw manga, here is the conversation (from the manga) between Itachi and Kisame after their confrontation with the Konoha Jounins translated by AK of Troy (the individual who translated Naruto Volumes 1-12 and is the translator at Toriyama's World):

Itachi - Yeah... Fight him and we either both end up dead or get lucky and get a draw
Kisame - We finally find him at the ramen place and his bodyguard is one of those "legendary three nins"...
Kisame - Against him, the name of the "Leaf's Uchiha Clan" and the "Mist Seven Shinobi Swordsman" will just be tarnished...
Itachi - Yeah... But...

Hey guys,

I don't know if it's jsut me (and i don't think it is) but everyone reading the above quote is thinking "so itachi and kisame think jiraiya could whoop their asses", but if you really read it, the line where itachi says "yeah...fight him and we'd both end up dead or at best a draw" (or whichever translation you go by), they are not sayin that jiraiya would beat them. they are talking about NARUTO! As evidence by kisame saying about finding him at the ramen place n having a boydguard as a sannin. Sure he says tht him n itachi wld lose to jiraiya, but they both agree that they would lose to Naruto too.

(please dont flame me...but do post back n tell me if u dnt agree cos i'm pretty sure that's their message)

Outtawack311
Mon, 05-31-2004, 07:32 PM
Thats Dumbest thing i have ever heard. They wouldnt have approached Naruto like that. To stop Naruto completely all they had to do was swipe the sword near him. They didnt even need to touch Naruto in anyway to stop him. Saying that Naruto could come close to beating either of them is completely IDIOTIC.

Suzu
Mon, 05-31-2004, 09:41 PM
The wait is finally over, Tsunade, probably my favourite character other than naruto and kakashi, has finally here i can't wait to see the next episodes when shit goes down. Everything's going so fast now it seems that we're bound to see some filler episodes before we get to the good stuff

codeRed
Mon, 05-31-2004, 09:53 PM
No that is not their message. You will attract flames for being blatantly wrong. Why would they have to draw Jiraiya away from Naruto if Naruto is all so powerful? Why would Kisame have no fear in cutting all of Naruto's arms and legs? How come Kisame easily took away the all powerful Naruto's chakra? Why is Orochimaru able to beat beserk Kyubi Naruto but admittedly weaker than Itachi? Why does Itachi and Kisame run away from Jiraiya once he started his jitsu? Why couldn't Naruto do anything to help Sasuke if he was all powerful? Is that a mistranslation too when Jiraiya tells Naruto that Itachi and Kisame is way above Naruto's level and that he will only get killed if Naruto went after them? Come on they obviously meant Jiraiya.

Mongoose
Tue, 06-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by: Zabuza No Jutsu

Originally posted by: Mongoose

[quote]

Itachi - Yeah... But...

Hey guys,

I don't know if it's jsut me (and i don't think it is) but everyone reading the above quote is thinking "so itachi and kisame think jiraiya could whoop their asses", but if you really read it, the line where itachi says "yeah...fight him and we'd both end up dead or at best a draw" (or whichever translation you go by), they are not sayin that jiraiya would beat them. they are talking about NARUTO! As evidence by kisame saying about finding him at the ramen place n having a boydguard as a sannin. Sure he says tht him n itachi wld lose to jiraiya, but they both agree that they would lose to Naruto too.

That's highly unlikely, as the latest episode (85) shows. If Naruto was the one they were concerned about, why would the anime and manga show the girl distracting Jiraiya? The above conversation is talking exploiting a "most powerful" ninja's weakness, and the subsequent hot chick was sent to keep Jiraiya busy (Jiraiya himself notes this), which clearly implies that Jiraiya is the "powerful" person referenced and the girl is preying on his weakness for women, and not Naruto (else someone else would have shown up -- a ramen chef?). Would Kisame be casually talking about cutting off Naruto's limbs and leisurely attempt to cut off Naruto's arm if he were the ninja that Kisame says is on a "different level"? He never would have waited or kept his guard down if he were wary of Naruto. Instead, Jiraiya pops in in the nick of time to save Naruto from being one arm less and manages to drive away Itachi and Kisame from taking Naruto right there. It would make no sense if Itachi and Kisame were wary of Naruto rather than Jiraiya given how the story progresses.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 06-01-2004, 06:20 AM
Well, first time I saw that episode I thought they were talking about Naruto too. Well, not so much Naruto, but the Demon Fox is who I thought they were talking about. After reading the TW guys translation though I do think its Jir they are talking about.

One thing puzzles me though...

If Tsunade is the Snail Trainer...why the fuck does she have a pig?

dragon
Tue, 06-01-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by: LostAngel
hmmmmm A/A 85 is out but it has 0 seeders/leechers... thats makes me sad =(!!

the tracker wasnt updated there were over 1000 seeders i got it d/l in less than 20 min

Mongoose
Tue, 06-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by: DarthEnder
If Tsunade is the Snail Trainer...why the fuck does she have a pig?

The pig is a pet. The translation from A/A has Tsunade as a slug tamer, which is a better description. She's a slug tamer the same way Jiraiya is a frog "tamer" and Orochimaru is a snake tamer... think about it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Potage11
Tue, 06-01-2004, 05:41 PM
JIRAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noir
Tue, 06-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by: Kagari
Oh wow, Gai's "Dynamic Entrance" has got to be one of the funniest things i've seen in a while.....and when he's explaining how he had to use the forehead protector, I kept laughing all the way through!!

Great Episode....but Jiraiya's jutsu is still a little gross i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Definately. Best Dynamic entrance ever!

Mut
Tue, 06-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by: Noir

Originally posted by: Kagari

Definately. Best Dynamic entrance ever!

the ONLY dynamic entry ever.

EDIT: dynamic entries are and can only be done by gai. naruto doesn't have enough fairyness.

NomoZ
Tue, 06-01-2004, 11:36 PM
not true, naruto did a dynamic entry in the bridge fight against haku and zabuza

Sharingan83
Tue, 06-01-2004, 11:59 PM
The black flames were produced by Itachi's other Sharingan technique known as "Amaterasu" (God of the Sun).
Little is known about this move because he did it instantly and the effect was interruped by Jiraiya's reaction as the next frame.

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 06-02-2004, 01:30 AM
yea i just noticed that too, but two words, DYNAMIC ENTRY