PDA

View Full Version : Get Backers

gokudagreat
Thu, 05-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Okay, that series was awesome, but i am so confused and somewhat pissed by the ending.... First of all, i get that Ginji destroyed the archive and saved Makubex, but how come the Lower Town people are free, didnt the guy say that another archive would just be created again by the Brain Trust

Secondly, I know it somewhat explains what Brain Trust is, but there still seems to be something that is missing, like are they really just humans, or are they gods, or are they virtual reality UGH

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT NEEEEEEEEEVER RESOLVED the whole thing with Midou Ban and Himiko and her brother Yamato and the whole Last Children thing WTF WTF WTF WTF. Why didnt they explain what the Last Children were, didnt the Fate guy say that Midou would find the answer to his questions too, but he never did!!! Am i missing something, or did they really not explain it

Koyuki
Thu, 05-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Try reading the manga. I think it's more. Rumours said that it would be another season. But i don't see it

Kitano
Thu, 05-27-2004, 05:19 PM
know where you can even find getbackers anymore? i cant seem to find a torrent for them anywhere.

specifically batch torrents.

gokudagreat
Thu, 05-27-2004, 06:07 PM
www.boxtorrents.com

yea i really wish that some more stuff was explained, oh well

SK
Thu, 05-27-2004, 07:32 PM
is the manga good? i seen it today when i was at borders but i wasnt sure what it was about, graphic novels can get expensive so i didnt want to waste money.

El Duende
Thu, 05-27-2004, 07:46 PM
I agree with you the anime is great, but it seems that they rush up at de end, and finished all suddenly, without explaining

i was expecting a better fight between mido ban, and dr.jackal

just my opinion

XwingRob
Thu, 05-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Feh, I liked the first 26 episodes, then it started to suck for me. It had some funny episodes after but... the final fight sucked big time.

aduka
Thu, 05-27-2004, 11:32 PM
whats a good website to download this series from?

Gods_Son
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Second season probably isn't happening, even though the ending was lame. Going to the Infinite Fortress twice was a waste, and there were too many filler episodes. Should've had more on Ban or Jackal.

Raven
Fri, 05-28-2004, 08:10 AM
I love the characters of that show, they were just so cool, each one had their own individual charm. I reeeeeeeally hope they make the sequel series or another season or whatever. There were so many questions left unanswered, and Jackal promised Ban a rematch!

"Ooh, I get it. The Statue of Liberty is holding ice-cream, while the Venus de Milo isn't!" *SMACK*

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Get Backers was an awesome show, many characters and as Raven says they all had their own invidual charm... I loved them all damnit! But there were too many questions at the end, and the schizo swordsman got way too little screentime. AWESOME show! But it could have been so much more.