PDA

View Full Version : Golden Time

MemnochTheCaT
Thu, 05-27-2004, 02:22 PM
I have recently been re-watching the Naruto anime from the beginning (just addicted a friend .. *evil laughter*) .. and I noticed something I didn't pay too much attention to last time. I forget the exact episode, late teens or early 20s, they change timeslot to 'golden time', which appears to be around 7:30pm.

I'm not sure if it's me, but it seems the blood/violence was ratcheted down a LOT after this timeslot change, which brings me to some questions ..

(A)- Has anyone else noticed this?
(B)- What was Naruto's timeslot previously?
(C)- Are there rules regarding 'acceptable' content for certain hours of broadcast in Japan?
(D)- How do you think this will affect things like the Naruto/Kabuto fight, Neji's spearing, etc? Will they just change the whole scene?

I searched, and didn't see specific answers to these questions, my apologies if this is a repeat thread. If it is, plz delete thanks!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

hornetmike
Thu, 05-27-2004, 03:00 PM
yeah i did notice. remember the zaku vs. shino fight. in the manga, his arms blew off. but in the anime the showed that he had holes in his arm. but there was no blood running from it. maybe there is some sort of censorship time slot. where depending on the time, the dummy down the blood/gore and violence.

PSJ
Thu, 05-27-2004, 03:27 PM
they have always reduced the blood in the anime. its nothing new. its supposed to be more childfriendly.

butterfly_eli
Thu, 05-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
they have always reduced the blood in the anime. its nothing new. its supposed to be more childfriendly.

More childfriendly? So instead of realizing that when you play with sharp pointy objects people get really hurt, instead they just get big boo-boos that go away? (sarcasm) Either way, they've had people die after the 20s. Granted, you don't actually see it, but it doesn't change the fact the characters are still just as dead. I'm not a proponent of uber-violent shows being targeted for kids, but I don't really think Naruto is a particularly kid-friendly anime anyway. Violent, to-the-death fights that seem to be the daily norm for ninjas involved in city takeovers.

I'm not knocking you, Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya, I'm mostly on a mini rant against the "child-friendly" policy. I think you're right about the policy though, useless as it is imo.

PSJ
Sat, 05-29-2004, 06:38 AM
yes it is useless but its something that happens. and when naruto comes to USA they will probably take out all the blood. this show airs 7:29 every wednesday, they cant have blood and shit covering the screen at that hour. you know the show green green, it wa aired in the middle of the night at 1:00 am.

orn210
Sun, 05-30-2004, 05:55 PM
off topc:
what's green green about?

PSJ
Mon, 05-31-2004, 02:39 PM
off topic: its about a guy and girl that were in love in another time but died and reborn in diffrent eras, the girl traveled back in time to meet the guy... but this isnt significant in the show. the significant thing is the sex humour. its nothing much until the last few eps where a girl almost gets raped by three chimps and a guy gets fucked by a bear. may i point out that this show is pure comedy just a little sick sometimes. but not enough to air it in the middle of the night.

back on topic. so anyone else have something more to say about this matter.??

Saruto
Tue, 06-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Its sooooo normal that in anime the gore and the violence is not like in the manga....Check Berserk...Damn

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-01-2004, 01:24 PM
I don't think it got toned down, since there were censoring in the early series too. For example, that "hero" guy during water arc lost his arms completely in the manga, and Gato's head flew off... and so on.

Uzumaki Naruto
Wed, 06-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by: Saruto
Its sooooo normal that in anime the gore and the violence is not like in the manga....Check Berserk...Damn

man you aint kidding there, berserk is a very graphic manga, anyways yea they reduce the blood and gore in anime but in the mnga everything is unsensored and beyond