PDA

View Full Version : kimimaro's Bloodlimit

hornetmike
Wed, 05-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Alright, i'm not sure this has been discussed. i searched but found nothing. so i'll ask. this has been bugging me since kimimaro's bloodlimit was introduced in the manga. Alright he can grow bones and loads of other stuff. blah blah, but my question is, doesn't he ever run out of blood. we've seen him open up his chest. bones have pierced through his skin. he's even pulled out his own spine(now thats bad ass). But we nerver see any real blood running. except from his mouth. Gaara crushed his body with the sand, but alright that doesn't affect his bones really cause they can regenerate. Yet we don't see him bleeding like a mother.... he should have died in that fight from blood lost long ago. i mean it's there isn't it. isn't that why his gift is called a blood limit. he should have died by now. plus is that possibly why he has a blood disease. because he is constantly opening his body up. maybe he got infected. gimme some theories here people. tell me what you think on both points.

Everon
Wed, 05-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Well, I do have two theories:

The Long Version:
A sucessful blood limit will also include the lack of blood loss from the body, by having blood that can coagulate imediately when it reaches the outside/or hardens then returns to normal by chakra manipulation. This prevents kimmaro from needing a transfusion every two seconds when he uses his blood limit.

The Short Version:
Kimmaro says so.
(Its an inconsistency that will never be explained. Its cool that you pointed it out, but don't get razzled over it. Sort of like my "Shikamaru will rule at nighttime with his shadow copy no jutsu" post)

Knives122
Wed, 05-26-2004, 09:04 PM
who cares, hes gonna die anyway so whats the point of talking about the death of the last surviver of his clan

raijin
Wed, 05-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Although this may not be the "true" answer to your question in reference to the manga, but here's a brief "real world" explanation why Kimimaro possibly does not die from blood loss.

The blood cells which circulate throughout the human body, are produced in the marrow found in your bones. If Kimimaro's Bloodlne Limit allows him to freely produce more bones (and possibly marrow), he may also be able to produce more blood cells to compensate what he has lost.

But, this is a fictional manga, and science does not necessarily have to apply. It could all be a matter of chakra manipulation.

Mut
Wed, 05-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by: raijin
Although this may not be the "true" answer to your question in reference to the manga, but here's a brief "real world" explanation why Kimimaro possibly does not die from blood loss.

The blood cells which circulate throughout the human body, are produced in the marrow found in your bones. If Kimimaro's Bloodlne Limit allows him to freely produce more bones (and possibly marrow), he may also be able to produce more blood cells to compensate what he has lost.

But, this is a fictional manga, and science does not necessarily have to apply. It could all be a matter of chakra manipulation.

raijin is brilliant!

Gods_Son
Wed, 05-26-2004, 10:36 PM
I'd just tell you to not worry about it.
lol, good job though raijin

Assertn
Thu, 05-27-2004, 12:07 AM
darn, raijin beat me to it......
ah well....now we just need to figure out how his skin can heal so fast

Mut
Thu, 05-27-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
darn, raijin beat me to it......
ah well....now we just need to figure out how his skin can heal so fast

well, i'm no doctor or anything but i was watching an animal planet (i love animals, leave me alone!) called like emergency vets or something and i heard that parts of the body like the mouth heals a lot faster than other parts of the body because there is more flow of blood to it... or something. so like what i'm trying to say is that if what raijin says is correct (which i do believe is correct) then i guess the extra blood kimimaro can produce help him heal so fast... more flow of blood = faster healing process. i know it doesn't really make sense but if you somehow understand then good for you!

Assertn
Thu, 05-27-2004, 12:59 AM
yes, he's correct that blood is made in bone marrow.....
and that DOES make sense for those areas to heal faster.....but like, when kimimaro wasnt even using the curse seal, he ripped through his shoulder and hit healed right back.....but there was also that time, when he came out of the desert funeral, and like the lower left corner of his face was missing.....

i'd like to know how his healing powers relate to kabuto, tsunade, and kyubi naruto's

viciousHyuuga
Thu, 05-27-2004, 01:52 AM
his just a walking skeleton .. nuf said.

PSJ
Thu, 05-27-2004, 08:07 AM
the reason why he doesnt die of bloodloss would be that he alsmot doesnt bleed. he can probably control everything in his body and stopps the blood flow to the place he ripps out a bone from....

JusDaMan
Thu, 05-27-2004, 08:36 AM
OH YO! I GOT A SIMILAR BLOODLIMIT TO KIMIMARO!

I can dislocate my sholder bone. and I had a bone stuck out of my skin before. and i can strech my thumb all the way back to the back of my hand!

Only problem is that i cant stop blood from comming out when i had a bone stuck out of my skin =P LOL

Stęgan
Thu, 05-27-2004, 09:07 AM
lol

Stoopider
Thu, 05-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Thats awesome JusDaMan. Did you pull it out all the way and use it as a sword?

JusDaMan
Thu, 05-27-2004, 02:37 PM
After a while i started feeling a sharp pain =) so i couldnt use it as a sword. and after that for some reason i woke up in the surgery room lol...

hornetmike
Thu, 05-27-2004, 02:56 PM
good ideas people. But i have a feeling that his own abilitites are the same thing that give him some sort of blood disease. and another thing. so he can control his blood lost and all, but why is it his skin can just reheal that fast. What's up with that. and there seems to be no end in sight as to just how much he can use his powers. should he at least be running out of chakra. he's been pulling out body parts from all over the place. but tell me what you guys think might be up with his blood disease

EpoC
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Damn how do you kill a guy like him. Not even gaara could crush him with his sand. and to the fact that his clan was wiped out, geez how did that happen?

Kurapica
Fri, 05-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah, Kimimaro is real cool. So how does this work. If Orochimaru had Kimimaro's body, can he still do all his own jutsu and Kimimaro's jutsu? Or do you have to "learn" it all over again?

PSJ
Sat, 05-29-2004, 06:35 AM
i guess the thing that wiped out the "bone clan" would be the blood dicease that kimimaro got. and they way to kill him would be to chop his head of.... not that hard, just rock lee speed + a really good sword or chakra blade. if orochimaru enters kimimaros body he will keep his own jutsus and probably know kimimaros cause if it didnt work like this is wouldnt give anything to change body exept longer life.

Assertn
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:58 AM
thats what i would think.....but im pretty sure oro said they were wiped out by the mist village

not to mention, all the fuss everyone made over tsunade rapidly healing from that wound to the chest that she had and how doing so would shorten her life.....you'd think that with kimimaro's method, he'd be an old man by now!

Stoopider
Sat, 05-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Yup. I bet a whole ninja clan can take out a whole village.

PSJ
Sun, 05-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
thats what i would think.....but im pretty sure oro said they were wiped out by the mist village

not to mention, all the fuss everyone made over tsunade rapidly healing from that wound to the chest that she had and how doing so would shorten her life.....you'd think that with kimimaro's method, he'd be an old man by now!

yea but a succesful bloodlimit would prevent rapid aging and tsunade made a jutsu that heals you. its quite diffrent.

Assertn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 12:59 PM
but they do try to follow at least some logic and universal limitations in the jutsus

they explain that tsunade's jutsu heals her so fast because it speeds up the cell reproduction rate.....thus aging her faster
unless kimimaro's bloodline extends beyond bone manipulation to the creation of matter, then there "should" be some sort of disadvantage to tearing up your body so much

Stoopider
Sun, 05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
More bone for chakra?? Thats why he has to use his level 2 seal. I would thing this is the only logic for Kimmi's jutsu. If not, I doubt he can extend his bone in outragous porportions. And for 'opening his gates',

I definitely believe the cursed seal is suppose to be like Rock Lee's opening gates technique. He pushes past his own normal limits and maybe destroying himself inside.

Whereas Tsunade's might be borrowing time from the future.

I don't know if Kishimoto thought about it, but suddenly having super chakra from nowhere doesn't make sense. Whereas if Rock Lee's gates and the cursed seal serves more or less the same purpose, that would be more believable or borrowing time.

THen again, everything follows the law of anime.

Assertn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 01:27 PM
yeah....and after the latest manga, there really isnt any argument to be made anymore, as it seems kimimaro can create any quantity of bones that he wishes, as well as the ability to turn a giant bone spike into his body.....

but on the other hand, would his illness have killed him if he wasnt going all out like that?

Knives122
Sun, 05-30-2004, 03:58 PM
IMO even without his illness he wouldnt of gotten out of Gaaras last move b/c of how he described it, Im not sure even if Oro could of gotten out of the ground. And plus the Ultimate Sheild of Gaara, shattered Kimis bone spear. So it was a hopeless battle for Kimi

Assertn
Sun, 05-30-2004, 04:24 PM
i dunno.....i think that last part where kimi appears out of nowhere (total BS).....with that spear of his, there would have been no way of gaara to defend against it.
He wouldve had to pull out that tanuki thing again, and there would not be enough time for that, not to mention they are way above the ground as well.

its possible that kimimaro could also use those bone spikes as a way of remaining back on the surface if he could just travel through them like he did

RasenDori
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:30 AM
when i first saw kimimaros bloodline limit i thought of marrow from the x-men (who is a lame character) ...anyways i figure it works the same way
so kimimaro might have and advanced healing factor like marrow

hornetmike
Wed, 06-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Yes but they made him seem godlike. (would have responded sooner but was on vacation). If it was such a big thing for tsunade and kabuto to be able to heal themselves like that. why isn't it for him. and worse they don't even tell us the deal with his blood disease. how'd he get it. what the effects are. they just killed him and moved on. Plus he was constantly breaking his skin and rehealing instantly. what's the deal with that.