PDA

View Full Version : favorite current series?

Kitano
Wed, 05-26-2004, 03:55 AM
what would you say your current favorite series is? out of the newer ones?

for me id say that samurai champloo looks like it will be great, but before i can say its my favorite i need to see more.

as of right now im liking monster and ragnarok, although, i havnt been downloading newer anime until recently. new dsl speeds make it better. 1.5 megs. woot.

Neko Sniper
Wed, 05-26-2004, 07:22 AM
For me it's "This ugly and beautiful World" I like it cuz it's funny, romantic and cuz Hikari and Akari both desrve a double thumbs up =^_^= *purrrrrrrrrrs*

I wonder how many times the name Naruto is going to show in here >.>

Shadow-wolf
Wed, 05-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Shura no Toki is becoming interesting.

Stoopider
Wed, 05-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Midori no Hibi

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 05-26-2004, 08:17 AM
I've seen about 7 or 8 series out of the newer ones, and Midori no Hibi seems to be the best, although the last couple of episodes were a little slower and not as funny as the rest.

Once I have a chance to see more, my opinion might change to Initial D Fourth Stage, but that will take some time.

This Ugly and Beautiful World is one of the few that I haven't seen yet. Need to clear away some more room on my HD before giving it a chance.

oceen246
Wed, 05-26-2004, 09:38 AM
I only saw one episode of samurai shamploo, but it really got all my attention. There's also midori no hibi, gantz, tenjou tenge, shura no toki, Sergeant Keroro is pretty funny, Gokusen, Kenran Butoh Sai, Initial D Fourth Stage, Madlax, Bakuretsu Tenshi, and Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai.

Keeping up with all that is like a 24/7 job

SK
Wed, 05-26-2004, 10:35 AM
my favorites right now are GANTZ and Midori no Hibi.

Koyuki
Wed, 05-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Gantz and Kono Minikuku Utsukushii Sekai.
And of course Naruto.

oceen246
Wed, 05-26-2004, 11:26 AM
HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I deserved to be severely tortured for that

Everon
Wed, 05-26-2004, 11:39 AM
well, the original poster was asking for recent animes, and Naruto's been around for quite a while so I don't think it counts i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

I'm looking at Gantz, Tenjo Tenge, and Gits SAC2 right now. Gantz's storyline is too wierd, but the characters are dynamic and realistic. Tenjo Tenge is one of those "action" packed animes (reminds me of this old video game where high school students battle it out). GITS is ok, but it starting to lack real content, and character development.

Now that i've heard about it, I'll go and give Midori no Hibi a try.

Edit: Oh yeah I'm looking at Ragnarok too, but this one I just watch then delete after I'm done. I wouldn't recommend.

Aeon
Wed, 05-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Out of the new series Tenjo Tenge stand's out the most to me with Baku Tenshi in a close second now that it's getting a plot.

Swallow Your Soul
Wed, 05-26-2004, 01:16 PM
GitS:SAC Gig2, I haven't really watched any other current anime...been meaning to watch Gantz but I haven't started watching that yet...

One
Wed, 05-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Gantz and Samurai Champloo

chaos4ever
Wed, 05-26-2004, 05:49 PM
atm, Kono Minikuku Utsukushii Sekai is the best to date. it reminds me of Mahoromatic, but, of course, I hope the series won't end on a similar note.

Hopefully, some things will start to get explained.. I'm stuck on ep. 7, as my computer has died, and I haven't been able to dl any new episodes....

Bakuretsu Tenshi is also pretty good, but has yet to reveal a plot that would justify all of the episodes so far....

BigR
Wed, 05-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Hmm, first on my lidt is Koi Kaze. I'm into that drama type shit.

GANTZ, Konomini, TenTen, BukuTen, MnH, Kyou Kara Maou, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, Monster, Kenran Butoh Sai, Madlax, Melody Of Oblivion, Samurai Champloo, Shura no Toki....I think that's it i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Himura_san
Wed, 05-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Hunter X Hunter, Naruto and Samurai Champloo.