PDA

View Full Version : if there was a naruto game.....

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM
ok b4 i start i want to say that i didnt want to post this in the naruto open forum because i wanted to avoid any spoilers that may come as a result!

the obvious choices are fighting game (2d or 3d), and the typical liscence 3rdperson action game.
personally i would like to see sammy take the lisence and build it round the atomiswave board, with a similar style to the GG series (but less combo base apart form the physical fighters like neji an lee). itd be 2-d of course featuring all the gennins form the chunnin exam theres quite a few (naruto, sasuke, sakura, shikamaru, choji, i-no, neji, rock, tenten, hinata, kiba..... well you get the point). i would also like to see haku appear as a secret character and maybe konohomaru as a joke!. by avoiding the higher rank ninjas the fights wouldnt seem silly and there is pretty much a fighting style for each character as well as special moves already put in place.

what do you think? and what genra would you most like to see?

?igma
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:23 AM
rpg all the way i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

with exellent fighting-engines integrated ofcourse, but yeah, rpg it should be i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
might even beat seiken dentensu i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mut
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:24 AM
there's like 5 naruto's games that's already out.

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:31 AM
lol, yeah....like two 3d fighting games for gamecube, one 2d fighting game for ps2, one or two sidescrolling adventure games for gba, and one or two rpgs for gba

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:42 AM
non of them in the UK tho, and id wager they were all crap if i havent heard of any of them

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:44 AM
the 2nd gamecube one is awesome! you must just live under a rock i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

all the games are only in japan....you'd have to import them

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:45 AM
awesome compared to what? VF? tekken?

SK
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:51 AM
lol chambers is so dumb, anyway back to topic. how about a 3d cell shaded fighting game, and we could call it Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen...oh...wait...

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:55 AM
yes iam so dumb for not knowing abotu a gam eonly released in japan that hasnt had ANY press at all in any magazine ive ever read be it a real, teletext or internet....
hmm that makes me so dumb.

ur such a fucking wanker.

so anyone going to compare it to a real fighting game? like VF, SC or GG?

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:56 AM
well, the first gcn one is kinda like a combination of smash bros (in the play control style at least), and a typical 2d fighter with 3d elements (like being able to dodge into the background or foreground (but the camera automatically rotates, so its still sideways)

the second gcn one adds 4 player support, making it a combination of smash bros, a typical 2d fighter, and a typical WWF style game (where you can toggle who you are aiming at by pressing a button)

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:58 AM
oh god i hateed SSBM it was far too simple.

i was thinking of looking for a download of it or importing it but i dont think ill bother now. have you played the PS one?

?igma
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:59 AM
fighting-games are for wussies, you are all dbz-fans muhaha, nobody could make a good RPG out of dragonball, but Naruto has the story!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif RPG RPG RPG *cheers*

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:03 PM
EXCUSE ME? ssbm is the only reason i would ever give fighting style games a second thought! If by simple you mean, you dont have to mash a bunch of buttons in hopes of pulling off a move, then yeah you're right.....but if you're talking about developing skill levels and strategies, then its on a level so high that it puts most other fighting games to shame! I think its actually the best console game ever....and ive been playin the smash bros games from the 1st month the n64 one came out till even now

edit: and sharingan kakashi, there's no need to start flaming people

kilzo
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah, i dont think we'll be seeing any of those games until Naruto gets licensed, so in the mean time, its just a wait, or go import them.

BTW: Chambers, it would take 5 seconds to go to google and search "naruto game" and you would already get something. Don't try to act mature then finish off your retort with a "fucking wanker", doesn't help. Would it make sense that a non-licensed japanese tv show would have US/UK translated games?

and you could have also searched Naruto anime and found that there where also 9 other topics already on this discussion....

Edit: SSBM/SSB is a GREAT fighting series. Takes alot of skill and technique to beat that. It's rated one of the best fighters in its class as well.

?igma
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Super Smash Brothers is teh PWN , chambers, you must have some screws lose there, becuase its the greatest laugh ever, with a couple friends I usually get banged hard because I'm rolling over the floor laughing (..rofl wouldnt be apropiate herei/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif)

Best fighting game ever.

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:07 PM
AF i played the 64 when i was in america one time and it was good fun, i just hate the GC one, my GC is just a toy for viewtifull joe and res evil to abuse till is blows up.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by: chambers
non of them in the UK tho, and id wager they were all crap if i havent heard of any of them

Obviously they are crap if your almighty self haven't heard of them. : P

Or in english: practically everybody here have heard of them. And not only here. AND I have one of them even though I live in Sweden. The PS2 fighter. And it's NOT crap. I think you should keep your eyes a little more open, seriously, I can't see how you missed all indications of them :?

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:10 PM
whats the ps one like then any good? like SSBM?

?igma
god, your sig is larger then the stuff you post..

Assertn
how so? arent you just comparing different genres now?

just an example of how competitive ssbmelee is......it was possible for me to win in aa 3v1 match with my friends.....
ive gotten to the point where unless the battle is really intense, half the time i'll end up playing subconsciously, and let my reflexes take over.....its almost as if i was "actually" there i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

the ps2 one has been said to play like powerstone....which would probably mean that its more like smash bros than the gamecube one is

kilzo
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:11 PM
Yes, everyone else notices that there are games like that, because THERE ARE ALREADY 9 OTHER TOPICS on this very same exact discussion.

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:22 PM
terracosmo you are a mod right? whats your position on this kind of harass ment that i suffer ALL the goddamn time, unprovoked i may add. surley your morally opbliged to delete this crap?

EDIT: also SK it may because i dont have mates who like SSBM much more into technical fighting games like the VF series. iam a SC an GG fan my self.

Stoopider
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:27 PM
RPG, like Final Fantasy Series i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kilzo
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Unprovoked??!?!?

Don't act like an idiot. you come in here and tell everyone this is the way to think it, like it's fact, when its only a theory, and that obviously since there isn't any naruto games you've heard of, its obvious got to be bad. You also have made alot of useless posts in which make little or no sense, which usally pulls everyone off topic, like i am now. Just put alittle more thought into what your saying before you post. (Search/Re-read/ and respect other to have different theories that may not support your thoughts)

Edit: Sorry everyone, should've PM'ed but i think i might have wanted everyone to see that. Won't happen again.

?igma
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by: Stoopider

no nononononononon

Seiken Dentensu (or "secret of mana") is alot better then FF , come on, dont be shy, admit it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:34 PM
for fuck sake you moron kilzo i could have added and removed like 4 words and it woudl have been ok. i wasnt asking the fuckin question are there any games? i was asking what would you like?

also do you use the search function b4 you ask every question? no. and neither do i especially when i know for a fact the question hasnt been asked in almsot a month at least. i also dont post anything as fact unless it is. like for example gai would stand a chance agaisnt itachi. its a fact. its not debatable, whats debatable is HOW MUCH of a chance he would stand.

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:35 PM
dont worry chambers, i agree about you being provoked by sharingan kakashi that time......i try not to be biased or anything, but your opinions always seem to be so controversial....which is probably why people tend to side against you

i do agree with kilzo though about your statement that all games you dont know of are bad

and just as i post this, you go and put up yet another controversial opinion
you cant state that as a fact if you have absolutely no idea what gai and itachi's weaknesses are.....there isnt enough evidence from either side of that match to make any conclusive FACT

?igma
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm siding with you Chambers, you are a moron and I like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

go fuck yourself you st00pid cat..or is it a dog..oh hell, who cares, the guy with the animal avatar i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Originally posted by: kilzo
Unprovoked??!?!?

Don't act like an idiot. you come in here and tell everyone this is the way to think it, like it's fact, when its only a theory, and that obviously since there isn't any naruto games you've heard of, its obvious got to be bad. You also have made alot of useless posts in which make little or no sense, which usally pulls everyone off topic, like i am now. Just put alittle more thought into what your saying before you post. (Search/Re-read/ and respect other to have different theories that may not support your thoughts)

Edit: Sorry everyone, should've PM'ed but i think i might have wanted everyone to see that. Won't happen again.

go relax on the toilet you moron, you really havent read anything of this topic have you?, I mean, there was no bad intention in it AT ALL

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:42 PM
yeah but AF you can see if i get put in the ring with mike tyson i *DO* have achance to win. sure it may be 1 in 1 zillion but if he trips or miss hits then i could win.

kilzo
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Actually i do try and use the search engine before i post, it can sometimes eliminate ignorant posts i make mistakenly make. Theres already multiple kinds of games for this series which stops the question on what you would like, since most are already out.

How would it be fact that Gai would stand any chance towards him? It hasn't been done before? We dont exactly know what Gai's/Itachi's special ablities may be? For all we know Itachi may be centered around having a advantage towards taijustu which we can presume is Gai's main focus. Kakashi is on par with Gai, fact, Kakashi lost against Itachi, but stood somewhat of a little chance, fact, but is Gai Kakashi? no, there are way too many factors that could total change the way the fight goes, because we know very little of both of these characters.

For all we know Gai could be Massacred in a few seconds. But its likely that he will stand a chance, thus debatable.

Edit: dammit i did it again, sorry.

ReEdit: ?igma i dont know what i did to provoke you, but the avatar is the dog from FMA, as i notice yours is from Hellsing.

?igma
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:47 PM
actually he would stand a chance for at least one second, following his debatable reasoning (chambers') that would be quite correct. Only you are still talking out the most comon form of seeing it, but why does that have to mean Chambers is wrong ?
From his point of view he is right, only you cant put yourself in that point of view... and thats where you go wrong and not chambers.

EDIT @ Kilzo nothing, you're just siding against Chambers without even trying to look at his perspective, or from his perspective. I dislike that, you scold people just for making a statement.something they believe in is their right to believe in.

and I just didnt remember you name i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:50 PM
well iam not going to debate the gai thing here.

but tell me how does it eliminate the question? thats like saying its pointless to ask "who would have made the best bond ever from all actors alive or dead" beacuse there are numerous bonds and as there are multiple bonds for the series the question is null.

NL|MegaMika
Mon, 05-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Okay, back to peace and ontopic. Both GameCube games are fun to play but also easy to control. If you like Soul Calibur, Tekken and other slow, tactical games, don't buy the GameCube games. I you like fast fighting games that allow you to both play tactical and button bask, buy Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 for GameCube.

PS2 game is more about going to super mode, press a button combination faster than your opponent to hit him with a fantastic super that gets boring after seeing it twice.

For more information: don't be lazy and check the internet. For example: www.gamefaqs.com offers reviews and other information about all Naruto games, and also message boards that provide the information you need.

Good luck on making a choice!

SK
Mon, 05-24-2004, 03:27 PM
alright alright, its true i like to mess with chambers, (prolly cuz he's annoyin as fuck.) anyway its not that hard to find out about games that arent released in your country. go to a real cool site called ign.com enter say, Naruto, and boom there you go.

Nara Tonymaru
Mon, 05-24-2004, 03:30 PM
yes iam so dumb for not knowing abotu a gam eonly released in japan that hasnt had ANY press at all in any magazine ive ever read be it a real, teletext or internet....
hmm that makes me so dumb.

ur such a fucking wanker.

so anyone going to compare it to a real fighting game? like VF, SC or GG?

Sarcasm or not, everything you said about yourself was true, and that's proven mostly by the way you typed everything, I live in the U.S. and I've played most of the games, so you aren't proving a point, it's called looking around, yeesh, you're sad.

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 04:26 PM
yeah and i live in the UK and ive never heard of any of them untill today.

BUT THATS BESIDE THE FUCKING POINT. i never said that there WERE NOT any games, i asked what you would like to see.

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 04:29 PM
a friend of mine thought of an arcade game or something where you fight each other, but you actually have to do the hand seals with your hands and then the character in the game would perform whatever jutsu you indicated using sensors and stuff.......

then again, my friend's a retard anyway i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 04:30 PM
lol the best use for the eyetoy so far maybe?

SK
Mon, 05-24-2004, 05:59 PM
lol memorizing hand seals would be hard as hell, but they wouldent use an eye toy for that they would probably use some kind of motion detector i think. well the thread name was IF there was a naruto game...which there is, and plenty of them. but now i guess its what naruto game would you like to see. hmmm i would say a 3D cell shaded game with an adventure mode, VS mode 1 v 1 and 2 v 2, and a create a ninja mode, thatd be off the glass.

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 06:03 PM
actually the eyetoy has motion sensing capabilities!

SK
Mon, 05-24-2004, 06:20 PM
i know but would it be able to detect hand seals? im not sure anything now can...

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 06:25 PM
iam sure it could but it would be like voice recognition software.

"please form the seal for a horse" then it would memorize the basic pattern. also you coule wear golves with coloured finger tips.

Mon, 05-24-2004, 08:45 PM
how about a cross between tenchu and metal

Koyuki
Mon, 05-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Cell shaded Rpg with really good fighting... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nara Tonymaru
Mon, 05-24-2004, 09:07 PM
yeah and i live in the UK and ive never heard of any of them untill today.

BUT THATS BESIDE THE FUCKING POINT. i never said that there WERE NOT any games, i asked what you would like to see.

You missed the basic point of the message, which is to say, location is no excuse for your ignorance, twit.

viciousHyuuga
Mon, 05-24-2004, 09:38 PM
mmorpg

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by: ?igma
god, your sig is larger then the stuff you post..

Your nickname is longer than the amount of IQ cells you have. : D

Jman
Tue, 05-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I hope they don't make a "Naruto no Budokai" once the series hits U.S. shores.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Personally, like to see a FF/Chronotrigger style RPG. But I'm sure the SSBM style fighting game works too.

Assertn
Tue, 05-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by: animemaster
I hope they don't make a "Naruto no Budokai" once the series hits U.S. shores.

personally i think the 2nd naruto game IS kinda like budokai.....after all you got 3d cel shaded characters, chakra that can be built up for moves, AND you can unlock special modifier things that players can activate prior to battles

NM
Tue, 05-25-2004, 01:55 PM
I think a stealth game would be cool for Naruto. It should follow the engine used for Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven. You could use Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (or Sexy no Jutsu) to alert (heh, or attract the guard) and then hit them from behind or something. Or use the Replacement technique. Or use a Henge to go undercover or something. But i Naruto game thats like Super Smash Bros. Melee would be pretty cool to.

Assertn
Tue, 05-25-2004, 01:59 PM
they should have an ssbm naruto game and take some of the jutsus to a more strategic level....especially the genjutsu ones...
but one thing you could do would be to use kage bunshin, and then all the clones would mimic your movements.....and you could totally throw people off guard with that....
or use a genjutsu to make you invisible or something....(but if sasuke is fighting and he uses the sharingan, then genjutsu wouldnt work)....it could be nuts!

Maddy-San
Tue, 05-25-2004, 03:43 PM
The GCN Naruto 2 game has been talked about quite a lot.. and not just by Naruto fans

I've seen it talked about and reviewed on

IGN.com
Gamespot.com
Fileplanet.com

and others.

it's a very good game, bought it a while back and it's one of my favorite fighting games..

it has some things about it i wish i could change, but no fighting game is perfect.

very good game

recommend everyone pick it up who hasnt!

Assertn
Tue, 05-25-2004, 11:21 PM
ssbm is perfect

edit: actually, the only thing i think they need to fix, is a way to merge the fighting stats between 2 different memory cards....because i really like how you can check back and see how well you play compared to other players, but it sucks when other people have the game and want the stats saved on THEIR card

Nammer
Wed, 05-26-2004, 01:49 AM
MAN Kakashi's Thousand years of pain in the game is awsome lol (ps2)
hhaahah onli move i can really do. i dont play ps2 that much so i cant push all then triangles and circles ect fast.. lol its fun tho !! DOWN DOWN CIRCLE !!

Catalyst
Wed, 05-26-2004, 04:28 PM
I prefer RPG's to fighters so I say rpg.

I recon it would be cool if they did it in the Star wars knights of the old republic style. Well not graphics wise but fighting sequence wise. Every time you make a simple attack an amazing fighting sequence starts.

As for the PS2 game I've seen some clips and it looks amazing although I wouldnt import it, the fact that I dont understand anything would annoy me too much. :S

Zabuza No Jutsu
Wed, 05-26-2004, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by: Stoopider

no nononononononon

Seiken Dentensu (or "secret of mana") is alot better then FF , come on, dont be shy, admit it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I godda admit Secret of Mana was a greeat game... a Naruto RPG would be preddy cool, it'd have to have a good fighting engine though

buwfser
Thu, 05-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 to GC rules all its the best Fighting game out now

Nara Shikamaru VI
Thu, 05-27-2004, 08:59 AM
agree

what the game should have is like villages. and each person will choose the village they would like to be in. then once chosen the desire village, the abilities are given. for eg if i choose konoha then once i choose either genjutsu, ninjutsu or taijutsu (maximum a player can only focus on two skill, but weaker if a player focus on solely one skill, eg a player that chose only taijutsu have a stronger taijutsu skill than that player that chooses ninjutsu and taijutsu) after choosing the vilage and skill abilities from the village pops out. option for abilities corespond to the village chosen. eg if u choose konoha then abilities that we've seen so far in the anime that excuted by konoha shinobi will be available. after choosin all of those players can also choose a bloodline limit which acts like a super move (either it could uses up heaps of chakra or have a slow cool down). then when shinobi level up players can than choose more abilities.

villages acts as clan and once in a while each village attacks each other, alliance are form and back stabbing a done. so every shinobi will take part in the battle. it'll sort of be like utopia the web game. but first we need a server that could handle all of the action.

hmmm.....i can dream can i

saeadeb
Sun, 05-30-2004, 02:33 AM
fighting-games are for wussies, you are all dbz-fans muhaha, nobody could make a good RPG out of dragonball, but Naruto has the story!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif RPG RPG RPG *cheers*

You should play some of the DBZ Rpg's on NES The fighting is fucking awsome, it conveys the speed and power and combos, on the NES. And it has the same story, so at least you get the "Oh, I remember that episode" thing going on. Not the deepest story true.

kaigan
Sun, 05-30-2004, 02:58 AM
HE CALLED YOU A WANKER!!! HAHAHAHA

i haven't seen that word since my friend came back from england. lol

=youngthunder=
Sun, 05-30-2004, 10:50 AM
there definitely needs to be a naruto rpg, but i think the mistake that a lot of developers make when they adapt tv shows into games is that they put you in control of one of the main characters. i know it would be fun to play as naruto or sasuke or sakura, but i think it would be even better if you got to create your team from scratch - kind of like in icewind dale. i think it would be an incredibly enjoyable game, to be honest... especially if you could choose which hidden village to come from. i think it would have huge replay value if you could beat the game for the first time as a leaf nin, and then go through and beat it as a sound, sand or mist nin (did i miss a clan? it felt like i did. heh.).. someone said earlier that it should be a mmorpg, and i totally agree... as long as it doesnt cost too much... ^_^

intense
Sun, 05-30-2004, 09:18 PM
there is a naruto game. I think theres like 2 of them for gameboy advance. i have it both. But the rpg one is in full japanese, so i gave up on that game since theres no way i can understand that. The other game is just a ty[ical game when naruto or sasuke kills ppl. Usual platform game. Its pretty good though. : P

Jman
Mon, 05-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by: saeadeb

You should play some of the DBZ Rpg's on NES The fighting is fucking awsome, it conveys the speed and power and combos, on the NES. And it has the same story, so at least you get the "Oh, I remember that episode" thing going on. Not the deepest story true.

You might also want to try Dragon Ball Z Super Gokuden: Kakusei-Hen, Dragon Ball Z Super Gokuden: Totsugeki-Hen and Dragon Ball Z: Chou Saiya Densetsu. All good rpgs for the Snes.

-EDIT- Look out for that new Naruto RPG on gba coming this summer.

PSJ
Mon, 05-31-2004, 02:25 PM

those games are quite good, i have played 2 of them and they are really good, i dont think the other ones are worse. and dont expect naruto games to come to the UK, naruto just got introduced in USA.

mak3
Tue, 06-01-2004, 12:53 PM
I've got the PS2 and GC games, the PS2 has the better specials, and the gc looks better and plays a little smoother.

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 06-03-2004, 01:28 AM
If anything I think I would like a game with more characters and more moves ^^