PDA

View Full Version : thought u might want to know ..

viciousHyuuga
Mon, 05-24-2004, 03:21 AM
Heaven signifies night and day, cold and heat,
times and seasons.

Earth comprises distances, great and small;
danger and security; open ground and narrow passes;
the chances of life and death.

its from sun tzu art of war .. an can anyone tell me what the full paragraph from the scrolls used in the chunin exams is?

its for assignment thanx =)

Kale Ironfist
Mon, 05-24-2004, 03:44 AM
what has this got to do with Naruto?
The Chuunin Exam signified that the Heaven scroll represented the mind, and its 'holy' strength. it also said that the Earth scroll represented the body and its physical strength.

viciousHyuuga
Mon, 05-24-2004, 03:58 AM
i just need the paragraph that they read from when they got into the building.

orn210
Mon, 05-24-2004, 06:48 PM
just watch the episode or read the chapter again

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 07:50 PM
how come everyone is getting homework that relates to naruto all of a sudden?

viciousHyuuga
Mon, 05-24-2004, 09:41 PM
nah my assignment is on sun tzu on art of war..

but yeah i thought of naruto when i was given it =)

i dont have the anime .. so if one of u kind people know it can u plz post it thanx

Kale Ironfist
Tue, 05-25-2004, 03:24 AM
"" quotes
() Iruka's talking in between the actual Hokage's quotes

Episode 37 6:45
"If you do not possess Heaven, gain knowledge and be prepared." (That means that if Naruto's weak point is his brain, he should study and prepare for his missions)

Episode 37 7:02
"And if you do not possess Earth, run through the fields and seek Strength" (For example, if Sakura's weakness lies in strength, she should train herself everyday)

(And if you have both Heaven and Earth attributes, any dangerous mission will become safe. It can even become easy)

phasev
Wed, 05-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Well that would make sense considering that Ninjitsu borrows heavily from Sun Tzu's teachings.

XForce
Wed, 05-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Well that would make sense considering that Ninjitsu borrows heavily from Sun Tzu's teachings.
Wtf, Ninjutsu has nothing to do with Sun Tzu's Art of War. Sun Tzu teaches about the basics of warfare of armies, I don't see how Ninjutsu can be at all related to that. Ninjutsu is supposed to be an art of stealth, not war.

Lefty
Wed, 05-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Actually Ninja's are supposed to facilitate war. They're the end all be all faccilitaters of war, the best. The kind no one knows about. They assinate some lord before he becomes a problem or someone that is a problem and is stiring up a rucuss like a war. They gather information, and report back to their lord informing him of troop movement, locations, strength etc. Basicly they're old school special forces.

viciousHyuuga
Mon, 05-31-2004, 04:35 AM
much love kale <3 <3 =)

NM
Mon, 05-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by: Lefty
Actually Ninja's are supposed to facilitate war. They're the end all be all faccilitaters of war, the best. The kind no one knows about. They assinate some lord before he becomes a problem or someone that is a problem and is stiring up a rucuss like a war. They gather information, and report back to their lord informing him of troop movement, locations, strength etc. Basicly they're old school special forces.

A good example of this is the PS2 (and Xbox) game, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven.

Raven
Tue, 06-01-2004, 06:19 AM
A lot of the content in Naruto (the show, not the character) is un-Ninja-esque. The seem to be more all-round-fighting-machines that just happen to have some ninja techniques thrown in on the side. I'm not saying every character is like that, but a lot are.