PDA

View Full Version : Who is Itachi afraid of??

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:02 PM
It can't possible be Jiayra can it?

This is the conversation:

Perhaps you can fight him evenly, but I cannot. He's too strong.
- Shark guy.
Yes if we both fought him, we would both be killed. Or in a good case, we might kill him, but we'd die along with him. Even if we had more men, that result would not change.
- Itachi.
HIS caretaker is a legendary Sannin.
- Shark guy.

Ok Kisame or the shark guy said "His caretaker is a legendary Sannin." That means "HIM" the guy they were talking about is not the legendary sannin. Are they talking about Naruto?? Or are they talking about Naruto's kyuubi, are they afraid if they try to kill Naruto that they would be overpowered by the fox demon?

Or is it just a mistranslation and they meant Jiarya all along?

But if Itachi is afraid of Jiyara, how come Orochimaru is afraid of Itachi? Orochimaru admintted Itachi is stronger than he is. And Orochimaru has to be on similar ground with Jiayra, or they wouldn't be called legendary three (if one was way above another). I'd understand if Orochimaru is slightly weaker than Itachi, who in turn is slightly weaker than Jaiyra, but if that were the case, than Itachi would only have to bring a few more men to defeat Jaiyra, but like they said, "the result would not change"

So I'm confused

Aeon
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Somehow I think this thread is gonna have a arguement in it, anyway's everytime somebody quote's that convosation they leave out the fact that after Kisame says that he is a Legendary Sennin he mentions that the 7Angel Swordsmen(Can't remember they name) and Konaha's Uchiha clan look petty in front of him. So that last statement kinda made it clear that they were talking bout Jiraiya, that and the fact that they actually knocked on Naruto door instead of busting in there guns a blazing.

Assertn
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:16 PM
no no, we were talking about this before.....and its just confusion with pronouns.....they clearly arent afraid at all of naruto, they were just concerned about getting past jiraiya

orn210
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:19 PM
i think the conversation was about jiraiya but that that was too much for jiraiya even if he's one of the legendary three........

SK
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:37 PM
.....this has been talked about already also.....
in the conversation they were talking about jiraiya, and when he said, 'his caretaker is a legendary sannin' he meant that it would be hard to get to naruto because of jiraiya, itachi is NOT afraid of naruto.

viciousHyuuga
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:05 AM
i think they were stating that "his caretaker is a sannin"
saying how lucky naruto is .. cause they would of stole him already if it was anyone less than jiraiya

SofaKing
Mon, 05-24-2004, 12:39 AM
I thought it was agreed that this was a mis-translation...

kyuubi_
Mon, 05-24-2004, 02:05 AM
they're afraid of jiraiya. that's it

remember that they've to use a bitch to seduce jiraiya away ? if they ain't afraid of him.. then why aint they kickin his ass ? don't tell me it's naruto.. remember samehada(kisame's sword) sucked away naruto's chakra ?

Kale Ironfist
Mon, 05-24-2004, 02:12 AM
its not so much a mistranslation, but the viewers unable to see what A/A did.
Itachi ended the sentence, and Kisame said that Naruto had Jiraiya as the caretaker.

Even if we had more men, that result would not change. <-- note the full stop

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Itachi is afraid of nobody in this show as of yet. Not that we know anyhow.

And this has been discussed before.