PDA

View Full Version : Peace Maker Kurogane

El Duende
Sun, 05-23-2004, 11:22 AM
I ve just finished watching Peace Maker Kurogane, and in my opinion there must be another season or something, because many things are unresolved.

Does anybody has any news about a sequel????
Because i donīt know if I must burn this anime or not. If there is no sequel, I think it lacks of plot.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 05-23-2004, 12:41 PM
it's just that the anime is messed up a bit, since it's based on two mangas..
the first manga is shinsengumi peacemaker Imon, the second is peacemaker Kuragame...
they both tell about the story of Tetnosuke, but Imon happens before the Ikykida house incedent, while peacemaker is after it... I'm not so sure about the plot in each of them, but i know that the anime mixed them up quite a bit...
for example, the part with Ryoma and his hat (the rasta-man! such an ownish part!) happens in the first chapter of peacemaker Kuragome, and tetnoseku allready has a sword in that point, while in the anime, it happend in one of the early episode (12, i think) and tetnoseku doesn't have a sword...

I still need to read both mangas and to complete the anime (I'm sticking to AF-F subs! hay for machocizem!), but for now, none of them are on my immidate 'to do' list...

anyway, you can find the mangas herehere (http://www.fifay.biznethosting.com/manga/peace_index.html)
so have fun if you must, but i don't think the scanleation is complete yet...

El Duende
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks i will take a look i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Koyuki
Mon, 05-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Another question. Animee Keep realeasd a special. What is it?

Munsu
Mon, 05-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Look for the release date

Koyuki
Mon, 05-24-2004, 10:06 PM
It's gone because PMK is licensed. But is it really a Special? If yes, will Aone sub it?

Death BOO Z
Tue, 05-25-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by: Uzumaki Naruto # 1
Another question. Animee Keep realeasd a special. What is it?

it's an april fools joke, it's really episode 15 - "damn you, potato!"

Char
Sat, 06-12-2004, 12:23 PM
since it's based on two mangas..
the first manga is shinsengumi peacemaker Imon, the second is peacemaker Kuragame...
they both tell about the story of Tetnosuke, but Imon happens before the Ikykida house incedent, while peacemaker is after it... I'm not so sure about the plot in each of them, but i know that the anime mixed them up quite a bit...

no wonder this series never looked like it had a solid identity

Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:05 PM
I wanted to discuss with anyone that is just as clueless about the ending of this ep. and some of the events that happened....

What do you guys think of the ending and what does it mean? Does peace maker's friend (the guy who calls Tetsu/Tatsu Iron/Dragon boy) actually have anything to do with Tetsu? What actually becomes of Tetsu? Why wasn't Tetsu killed in the burning house by Suzu's sensei? What happened to the choshu that Suzu was supposed to find? Was is Suzu's sensei that killed his parents?

There was never a conclusion to the vice chief (nice one) and that hooker. I have a lot more questions but i think these are enough for now

i know u guys said the anime was mixed up, but will the future ep. explain this stuff?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 06-12-2004, 06:26 PM
well, the vice chief and the geisha are based on true people, so it's possible to look up what happened to them...

i think they got married after the revolution, but there's also the possibility i'm confusing them with Katsura (from the ishin-shishi), who had a geisha and promise to marry her after the revolution... of course, there's a chance that both couples got married, if you really need to know, just run a search on the shinsengumi in google, it's somewhere out there....

since i've yet to watch the entire anime or to read the manga (i'm waiting for AF-F release, yay for the machosizt part of me!), i can't answer your questions...

however, I have to add that for me, Shinsengumi forever will be Saitou and his Gatutse, can't beat that...

"shinsengumi was shinsengumi
okami wa okami
soshita, hitokiri was hitokiri
doro, Battusai?"

"you bribe a man with money
you raise a dog with food
buy you can't tame a wolf of Mibu!"

man, Saitou didn't get enough screen time in PMK, they wasted it all on the gay ninja and his completly uselss sister...