PDA

View Full Version : If Naruto is Licensed...

SK
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:31 AM
I know Naruto hasnt been licensed yet, but if it does get licensed then A&A would stop subbing the episodes right? Well the Naruto manga has been licensed for a while, yet they have the Naruto manga chapters online...I was wondering why theres different rules for the manga and the anime.

sexy_no_jutsu
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:44 AM
when the manga was licenced at chapter 105, TW stopped scanlating that too. luckely, Inane continued with the scanlating. its all up to the group to decide whether or not they stop the project after licencing. A&A will stop, but others will still sub.

orn210
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:59 PM
that would suck a big time, it's always good to have as many translators as possible specially A/A is my favorite

Ninja Master Kenny
Sun, 05-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by: orn210
that would suck a big time, it's always good to have as many translators as possible specially A/A is my favorite

I agree with you there... A/A is by far my favorite

IamSpazzy
Sun, 05-23-2004, 11:44 PM
Are there people who like dubbed anime more than subbed anime? I wish whoever licensed anime just subbed it and sold it for much cheaper, than dubbing it and selling it for 20ish a dvd.

Aeon
Sun, 05-23-2004, 11:56 PM
I hope they wouldn't stop, I rely on A/A to get rid of all the weak spots from other translations.

Garlannd
Mon, 05-24-2004, 08:00 AM
We need to all pool our money together into some big fund and then buy rights to it so it wont be dubbed only subbed.

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 08:02 AM
i was actually thinking that myself, i reckon loads of money could be made by a small company that got a loan and bought the rights, the only problem is to the masses subbign will never be as good as dubbing. unlucky for us i guess.

Garlannd
Mon, 05-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Yep, thats why I'd just buy imports from Japan that have english subs. Thank god for that option.

Let us hope this dark day we speak of never comes. For the sake of all humanity

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 08:13 AM
do they have naruto with english subs on? all eps? if so where can i get them from?

Knives122
Mon, 05-24-2004, 10:34 AM
go to animesuki.com and search for it

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 10:42 AM
i thought the only imports with english subs were the chinese bootleg ones

if you were to have someone go and sub the naruto eps, you'd have to be careful about that as well....ive seen some pretty crappily subbed licensed anime in my day (not so much grammatically, but very thin fonts that take up obscenely large amounts of space on the screen

chambers
Mon, 05-24-2004, 10:43 AM
does anyone own them? are they good quality?

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 10:45 AM
i hear that some of the chinese ones have weird translations like.....
uchiha = genius clan
sharingan = chyslron eyes
rock lee = leelock

etc....

Jman
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
uchiha = genius clan
rock lee = leelock

etc....

true, i've also heard of that.

They even had Naruto= Ninja Fox Kid.

SK
Mon, 05-24-2004, 11:55 AM
alright, lemme try to rephrase my question since it wasnt answered. why did A&A have all the Naruto manga online, even though it is licensed, but if the anime gets licensed then they would take down all the torrents right?

NL|MegaMika
Mon, 05-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Don't understand that either. However, AKeep&ANBU didn't release Fullmetal Alchemist 32, which is licensed since last E3. Maybe they are slow, but I think they've stopped fansubbing it. If so, ANBU would quit when Naruto gets licensed too. Don't know about AnimeOne.

Assertn
Mon, 05-24-2004, 02:38 PM
i think you need to specify who "they" are, SK....
if they = gotwoot, then i'd have to say that gotwoot is just a distro site that isnt directly affiliated with AA...therefore even if AA stops subbing, gotwoot can still release torrents for naruto. If AA wanted gotwoot to take down all the older torrents, then im sure gotwoot would...
AA does NOT translate manga btw, Inane does

SK
Mon, 05-24-2004, 03:21 PM
ok, i thought gotwoot was animeone's site, but i guess im wrong. what i was trying to say is its dumb for gotwoots policy to say if an anime is licensed then they will take down the torrents for it like FMA, but i guess theres a different policy for manga, since they had the naruto manga up even though its licensed.

Gods_Son
Mon, 05-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Gotwoot hosts the torrents for AonE, and AonE has no problem continuing projects that have already been licesned (Gungrave). Hopefullly AonE won't drop Naruto even if it's licensed.

orn210
Mon, 05-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
uchiha = genius clan
rock lee = leelock

etc....

why do they even try to translate almost all the letters.... these names looks pretty dumb