PDA

View Full Version : mac user in need of help

smoothjapollo
Sat, 05-22-2004, 04:37 PM
i downloaded what i think is the correct bit torrent for mac, and I try to download Naruto 84 from this site, and it doesnt work at all. It downloads like 13kb worth of i dont know what, so can someone help me here? I need my naruto fix!

complich8
Sun, 05-23-2004, 02:01 AM
well, for starters, if you're running os 9 or before you'll probably have problems in general, because os 9 and before blew donkey-nuts. So I'm going to presume you're using OS-X.

the 13KB or so you're getting is probably the actual .torrent file. You'll need to point your bt client at that file to make things work.

You have two good options. One's better than the other.

Option 1 (the worse option): http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bittorrent/BitTorrent_OSX_3.4.2.dmg?download ... hit that link, pick a download location, get the .dmg and use it. I'm not on my mac right now, so I can't tell you what's there, but I can tell you that it probably won't plug into your browser. You probably need to try to open the torrent with the application in the .dmg there (which you should copy to your applications dir), and then you'll actually start downloading the file with that application. You should get at least a box with a status bar and some options, telling you what's going on.

Option 2 (the cool option for unix guys, that I doubt you want to do) - grab the bt source tarball and untar it to somewhere useful, fire up your term of choice and go to /path/to/bittorrent/btdownloadheadless.py --responsefile /path/to/file --saveas /path/you/want/to/save/as.avi and maybe set some other command line tweaks (like --max-uploads or --max-upload-speed, hit btdownload.py without args to see a nice healthy list).