PDA

View Full Version : WTF

seanjohn08
Fri, 05-21-2004, 11:17 PM
this is pissin me off.....ima noob about this stuff but i kinda get it. ok...ive gotten gspot and it told me that my naruto 1-10 is not a valid avi file and none of the players i have will play the anime!! ive got a divx and ive got that xvid thing....no clue on wut to do...can some1 help me?

complich8
Sat, 05-22-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm guessing you're not done downloading it all, but that's just me.

bittorrent gets chunks randomly. old bittorrent preallocated the whole space, then wrote it all one block at a time in the right places. new bittorrent doesn't preallocate (unless you tell it to) but allocates space as it gets chunks of data, gets chunks in random order and allocates in the order it gets them. So you might see files that look complete but aren't properly rearranged or done downloading.

Try hitting the torrent again, see if it looks complete after it checks over it all.

hiroshi
Sat, 05-22-2004, 06:07 AM
What BitTorrent program are you using? Some BT Clients convert multiple files into one large file first, and only pull the file apart into multiple files 'after' it's finished downloading them. Is it a single file? (The naruto 1 - 10) or is it actually 10 seperate files?

I'm surprised G-Spot gave you that message. Normally it would say, you have a codec missing or the filesize is incorrect (File is incomplete/corrupt) or something like that. Very strange for it to say it isn't a valid AVI file o.O

Jamison
Sat, 05-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Heyas, I was having exact same problem, so i guess ill try just keep rerunning until it works... new to this also.

Having a few other probs, like I can't create a new topic on the forum :S, and was also wondering how you share stuff.... Atm when I download my download goes at like 2kbs per second, and ppl uploading from me goes at like 12-15kb.

Anyway I'm using BitTornado, any tips would be appreciated