PDA

View Full Version : fast downloading

chunin_master
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:32 AM
how can i fast download naruto per episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Stoopider
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Download using BitTorrent??? I think it's the fastest. sometimes its your connection...

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:36 AM
Lol .. well if you learn Irc (mirc is a good client), that is very fast. The torrents are quick also, but you have best results only when there are a decent amount of people active on the torrent, which means that older eps can be difficult to get this way. My advice = learn irc i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

JusDaMan
Wed, 05-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Man most people here r too lazy to learn to use mIRC =P most probably use BT... I as an ADSL user cant use BT for crap so im stuck wif mIRC ahahaha and its fast too!

I bet if BT wasn't ever invented... 1/2 the current anime community people wouldn't know anything about fansubs

?igma
Wed, 05-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by: JusDaMan
Man most people here r too lazy to learn to use mIRC =P most probably use BT... I as an ADSL user cant use BT for crap so im stuck wif mIRC ahahaha and its fast too!

I bet if BT wasn't ever invented... 1/2 the current anime community people wouldn't know anything about fansubs

lol from what planet are you ?

chambers
Wed, 05-19-2004, 09:09 AM
hes form the planet where a limited audience is better for him as it make shim feel special and 'elite'. this happnes wiht most things on the internet that are limited in appeal, they develop a zealot fanbase that insists it would be better if it were smaller. just like the way people hate casual games, when without them we wouldnt have many MANY great games.

kilzo
Wed, 05-19-2004, 09:14 AM
If you got mad google skills, you can find some nice direct download sites where you can just leech off them. I get alot of the newer episodes that way in about 15 mins. But i try and help out the sites i get them from as best i can.

SK
Wed, 05-19-2004, 09:17 AM
i got all the older eps fast through direct dl, if you go to dbz-media.nl you can download older eps fast as hell, but you have to use anti leech or nextpumper or some bull like that. just dl the eps then uninstall netpumper crap. for the latest ep strongsite.net is really fast

SpankyDaM
Wed, 05-19-2004, 09:50 AM
I started off with the newsgroups, then moved across to the ED2K network for most stuff (eMule). It's still great for the older anime where I'm not too worried about how long it takes to come down - got the end of Popotan and Najica Blitz Tactics on their way at the moment :-)

For the latest stuff I want it now, so BitTorrent is the way for me, I ain't got the bandwidth to make it worth while trying mIRC for anime, but I have been known to use it for other stuff.

Either way I know I'm helping to keep the files available on the networks while I'm getting new episodes to dfeed my addiction

JusDaMan
Wed, 05-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by: chambers
hes form the planet where a limited audience is better for him as it make shim feel special and 'elite'. this happnes wiht most things on the internet that are limited in appeal, they develop a zealot fanbase that insists it would be better if it were smaller. just like the way people hate casual games, when without them we wouldnt have many MANY great games.

Man y u gotta get on me like that I aint done anything to talk about u.. all im saying is that I cant use BT cause Im on ADSL and BT sux for ADSL.. there fore i have to use mIRC thats all...

chambers
Wed, 05-19-2004, 10:16 AM
sorry, my mistake. i thought you were kinda taking a 'stab' at people who didnt know mIRC.
sorry.

JusDaMan
Wed, 05-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Its all good =P but seriously people should start learning to use Irc.. its very good =D and fast too

GokuSonGoku
Wed, 05-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Non the less.. BT and mIRC may be good but direct download is always better but they are harder to find..

Xollence
Wed, 05-19-2004, 03:45 PM
It all depends on your computer.

Direct Download Sites (http://www.xenogenesis.com/browse/entertainment/animemanga/dd/) (I suggest Kraga & Anime Ground)
BitTorrent Sites (http://www.xenogenesis.com/browse/entertainment/animemanga/bittorrent/)
Links to mIRC channels (http://www.xenogenesis.com/browse/computers/software/mirc/channels/fansubs/)

Hope that helps.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Xcollence .. VERY good site you've got there, loads of great links and info!

Hey, just an idea .. your site would be the perfect place to put a small FAQ/Noob-guide to Irc, it's pretty simple but the command line intimidates some people .. so maybe a few paragraphs would explain common commands, triggers, servers, channels, etc.

Lenas
Wed, 05-19-2004, 05:44 PM
The fastest I've ever downloaded a full naruto episode (~180 mb's) from BT took about 28 minutes.

Cyan
Wed, 05-19-2004, 05:50 PM
My experience with IRC isn't anything fast.

First: lean how to use it (simple enough for me)
Second: Find a channel that has what you want (ok, not too bad)
Third: Indulge the SOB's in the channel, get called a leecher, spend the next five days being foreced to "mingle" upload a whole bunch, then ask - very nicely - if you can download something (some channels won't even let you ask, they have to invite you to do so).

so yea... Bittorrent.

winnydapoo
Wed, 05-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by: Cyan
My experience with IRC isn't anything fast.

First: lean how to use it (simple enough for me)
Second: Find a channel that has what you want (ok, not too bad)
Third: Indulge the SOB's in the channel, get called a leecher, spend the next five days being foreced to "mingle" upload a whole bunch, then ask - very nicely - if you can download something (some channels won't even let you ask, they have to invite you to do so).

so yea... Bittorrent.

haha that is so true. I especially love how IRC users call you a leecher when you download, just because you don't upload files on IRC. I mean, what if you share anime with the community in other ways?

jing
Wed, 05-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by: chunin_master
how can i fast download naruto per episode i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Hey I got a great solution!. Get faster internet.