PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Champloo starts today

hoppingraptor
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:12 AM
Samurai Champloo starts today in Japan. Anyone know if someone is subbing it? I don't know about you, but breakdance samurai fighting looks kinda cool to mei/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

silentpixel
Wed, 05-19-2004, 08:41 AM
yupi cant wait. Its licensed so im not sure whos going to sub it. But i hope someone good.

hoppingraptor
Wed, 05-19-2004, 09:04 AM
Who licensed it?
*Prays that it's ADV, who actually makes their deadlines and releases in a timely fashion*

Munsu
Wed, 05-19-2004, 03:49 PM
*Prays that it's not ADV so some good fansub group picks it up*

silentpixel
Wed, 05-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Geneon licesenced it awhile ago. Ive heard since August of last year.

Koyuki
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Wow, thats a long time. But I'm sure some good/ok group will sub it

Knives122
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:45 PM
hope its a good anime, if its not i wont bother with it

Gods_Son
Wed, 05-19-2004, 11:11 PM
How about watching an episode before wondering if you should bother with it.

silentpixel
Wed, 05-19-2004, 11:47 PM
wasnt expecting this http://www.silentpixel.com/images/bouncy.gif

Koyuki
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:33 AM
Downloading raw i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I'll update yous ppl

SK
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by: silentpixel
wasnt expecting this http://www.silentpixel.com/images/bouncy.gif

is that a clip from the show?

silentpixel
Thu, 05-20-2004, 08:02 AM
yes it is

I LOVE THIS ANIME!!! lol ok maybe im to excited but i seen the first episode and its surpassed my expectations and for anyone who knows me knows ive been wanting to see this anime for the longest. go see it!

Heres another clip

http://www.silentpixel.com/images/samurai.gif

Knives122
Thu, 05-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
How about watching an episode before wondering if you should bother with it.

yeah i guess ill do that

SK
Thu, 05-20-2004, 08:16 AM
capoera samurai? hehehe where can i dl the eps?

silentpixel
Thu, 05-20-2004, 08:25 AM
hehe yea Mujen has a unusual fighting style. Check http://anime.mircx.com/

hoppingraptor
Thu, 05-20-2004, 09:06 AM
I can't wait to dl it. Anyone know when it's coming out on DVD? IT SHALL BE MINEi/expressions/devil.gif

zindryr
Thu, 05-20-2004, 12:41 PM
You didn't hear it from me, well, maybe you did, but there is a sub in the works for this already.

Gods_Son
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Show has a lot of potential, there are a few groups that may sub despite the license.

Vagabond
Fri, 05-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Wow the animation is really good.
Also the main character guy sounds kinda like Zoro from one piece. Same voice actor?

Munsu
Fri, 05-21-2004, 10:52 AM
The fighting in the clips posted here look awesome... it looks like it will worth watching just for that...

How about plot? I realize there's only one episode out, but does it look like it have promise to develop some plot?

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 05-21-2004, 12:45 PM
this series looks incredibely interesting great fighting, ep one is some sort of introduction probably to the main chracters but the fight scenes look slick, and yeah Mugen's voice actor is none other then One Piece's Zoro the gurl with the gigantic boobs seems to also have a voice actor i heard before but can't come up with the name

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 05-21-2004, 12:49 PM
http://www.filmboogie.com/downloads/Bakafish_Samurai_Champloo_01.avi.torrent

bakafish subbed ep 1

change filename to Bakafish_Samurai_Champloo_01.avi.torrent

SK
Fri, 05-21-2004, 01:07 PM
cool downloading now

Munsu
Fri, 05-21-2004, 01:17 PM
How good of a job do they do? or should I wait for some other group?

Consider that I have limited bandwith at the moment

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 05-21-2004, 01:38 PM
they did a pretty good job on naruto 84 but i suggest you wait for a group that has more releases under their name finished over an hour so i can't say yet

Gods_Son
Fri, 05-21-2004, 06:04 PM
At least two other groups are considering the project.

SK
Fri, 05-21-2004, 07:12 PM
not bad...interesting. not sure i liked that weird switching back and forth style, but good action.

Rocktar
Fri, 05-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Wow, just watched the first episode and I love it. Intro and Outro are awesome. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ThePope
Sat, 05-22-2004, 02:42 AM
Im downloading Samurai_Champloo_1_RAW_avi Is that the right one? I got it from http://anime.mircx.com/

Thanks for the help!

Himura_san
Sat, 05-22-2004, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
this series looks incredibely interesting great fighting, ep one is some sort of introduction probably to the main chracters but the fight scenes look slick, and yeah Mugen's voice actor is none other then One Piece's Zoro the gurl with the gigantic boobs seems to also have a voice actor i heard before but can't come up with the name

The girl with the big boobs does not have big boobs, she has a certain paraphernalia hidden in the front of her kimono. In fact this show has nothing to do with ecchi (thank god!).

Seriously though, I just watched the first episode and I am hopping around like a bunny in heat, this show is off-the-hook!
It definitely fills in the gap that Cowboy Bebop left behind.
I like the hiphop style that is used in the show like certain rewind scenes are done in a form like DJ is scratching an LP. Speaking of rewind the first rewind at the beginning had me laughing.

The show also seems to have a plot surrounding the girl and a certain someone she is looking for.

well anyway I am a happy cat today!

ThePope
Sat, 05-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Where can i get the bakafish subbed ep 1? The link above did not work. Im currently downloading [WGR]_Samurai_Champloo_-_01_(640x360_24fps_DivX5.02)[910C15D8]RAW.avi, will this work?

Munsu
Sat, 05-22-2004, 09:15 AM
no it doesnt work sin it's raw.... and you want it subbed no?

the link does work.... the thing is that the bakafish link has a .avi at the end... change it to .torrent

HaZMaTiK
Sat, 05-22-2004, 09:18 AM
man bakafish did one heck of a job sadly the subs are a tad small but other than that awsome quality love the widescreen/letterbox view it has

Munsu
Sat, 05-22-2004, 11:25 AM
I just watched the first episode... very promising anime...

I just hope that they have more challenging opponents, especially that samurai they are looking for.... I want to see them in critical conditions from time to time...

As for the back and foward scenes, I didnt mind them, but it doesnt seem like it will continue throughout the series since it seems that the main characters will be together...

zindryr
Sat, 05-22-2004, 03:39 PM
Duly noted, i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif We recieved that comment a lot, so in answer to that, we are going to be releasing a second version of the release later on down the road, and all following releases will have larger subs.

HaZMaTiK
Sat, 05-22-2004, 07:09 PM
well Aoi-anime released thier version i am sadly disapointed to many mispellings

i wonder/hope they rerelease a fixed version

DeluxSkillz
Sat, 05-22-2004, 07:23 PM
ops in channel say no second version

XwingRob
Sun, 05-23-2004, 12:05 AM
Wow, that first episode kicks ass.
I am so buying the DVDs when they come out here.

Edit: I also love the humor in this show. For example at the end of the episode it was: 'The End" then suddenly "Psych! To be continued"
also i LOL for a second when it goes one day earlier and suddenly your in the modern time

ScudBoy
Sun, 05-23-2004, 04:32 AM
fricken great show.
Very yin/yang characters. Liked the clumsy waitress- did she remind anyone else of the clumsy ninja spy from PeaceMaker?

SuntUrioN
Sun, 05-23-2004, 06:54 AM
This show is of the hook.
Just sick.
The animation and character design are A+ quality.
A little Hiphop meets anime.
I'm lovin it, been wating a long time for this.

Shinichiro WATANABE is truly one of the best.

SpankyDaM
Sun, 05-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by: HaZMaTiK
well Aoi-anime released thier version i am sadly disapointed to many mispellings

i wonder/hope they rerelease a fixed version

Am considering giving this anime a try, and would like your opinion for which sub to go for - Bakafish, Aoi or AF-F

How bad are the mispellings in the Aoi version, which groups are putting up explanations / translating the signs etc

Thanks... Spanky i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

HaZMaTiK
Sun, 05-23-2004, 11:03 AM
tell ya the truth just watched AF-F version and it was done real well good spellings go for that one

yea Aoi was good but to many misspellings bakafish was great but small font

AF-F did well in all areas i think good descriptions thats just my POV

SpankyDaM
Sun, 05-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks... giving the Bakafish and AF-F versions a try

Koyuki
Sun, 05-23-2004, 03:54 PM
The plot. There's two "samurai's" Mugen and Jin. And theres Fuu, a waitress. She saves Mugen and Jin. Now they'll have to help Fuu, to find
a samurai that smells sunflower.

You should watch this if you like Samurai anime

rdkenshin
Sun, 05-23-2004, 05:51 PM

She sounds like narusegawa from love hina.

This series is really great, I would recommend it to any one.

wnkry0
Sun, 05-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Where do I get AF-F's version of this?

hiddenpookie
Sun, 05-23-2004, 07:37 PM
where can get samurai chaploo?

rdkenshin
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:59 PM
This is where I got it from.

http://downloadanime.org/modules.php?entr=samurai+champloo&name=Torrent_Sea rch&find=all&show=100

zindryr
Sun, 05-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Bakafish released a second version with a lot of small fixes, (mainly, a larger font i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif ). If you want it, you can get it from this torrent: http://www.bakafish.org/tracker/torrents/Bakafish_Samurai_Champloo_01v2.torrent

Aeon
Mon, 05-24-2004, 01:28 AM
I'm so glad I checked this thread out earlier or I wouldn't have watched this show. The ending music is cool so I guess I gotta wait for the single to be releasedi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Munsu
Mon, 05-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by: SpankyDaM
Thanks... giving the Bakafish and AF-F versions a try

Have you watched both versions already? I've only watched Bakafish and was wondering which one you thought was better...

I download a lot from AF-F but to tell you the truth I dont like how they translate somethings sometimes... so if you could tell me which one you like more from those two it would help me out tremendously...

Mosi
Mon, 05-24-2004, 05:45 PM
When i watch the episode it remind me a lot to Quentin Tarantino!
Budwineken: Both AF-F and Bakafish are good releases, i download bakafish's rel but af-f is good too

Kitano
Tue, 05-25-2004, 03:12 AM
checking does link for bakafish above work?

(after its edited?)

i changed it, and it still wont work. just brings up windows media player and messes up.

Yakuza
Tue, 05-25-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by: rdkenshin

She sounds like narusegawa from love hina.

This series is really great, I would recommend it to any one.

Seeing as how this series is coming from Shinichiro Watanabe and the exact same production team that did Cowboy Bebop, I don't see how it could be anything but amazing. I've been waiting for this series for 5 years, I'm amazingly impressed with it.

Fuu's voice is done by the same seiyuu that did Mahoro from Mahoromatic, and also Osaka from the Azumanga Daioh "Web" short, along with tons of other things, but not Love Hina.

There's also a new Anime-Kraze verison out, that seems to top everyone else in terms of translation quality. So far, however, AF-F has released the highest-quality episode in terms of picture, color and sound.

check http://anime.mircx.com for the new A-K version.

rdkenshin
Tue, 05-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Really? When she yells it kind of reminds me of her. Or someone I forgot the name of...

Id like to point out thatjin was right about mugens style. When mugen did his first breakdance move jin should have just stabbed him.

XwingRob
Tue, 05-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Ani-Kraze has started subbing Champloo.
Cool, I like how they subbed Last Exile.

njdevs95
Tue, 05-25-2004, 08:44 PM
I just checked anime-suki and it says that it's been liscenced already.

Jakob
Wed, 05-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by: njdevs95
I just checked anime-suki and it says that it's been liscenced already.

And?

hoppingraptor
Wed, 05-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Yes, it has been licensed. Your point? It'll take about a year to come out anyway, seeing that the show just came out last week. If you are willing to wait that long, be my guest.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Ooo bounciness. And geisha molestation in the beginning. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif How arousing.

Pretty weird anime this is. Mix between samurai and new stuff such as hip-hop opening (yuck) and well... a truly weird sense of humor. But I like it i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

HaZMaTiK
Wed, 05-26-2004, 10:32 AM
i just watched all the versions and i gotta say Ani-kraze comes in first for good spelling and such then AF-F

Poiple Weezard
Wed, 05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Saw the first episode last night and wasn't that impressed. The animation was good, but I didn't like the disconnected feel that was presented. Maybe my expectations were set a bit high this early on, I'll stick with the series for at least the first five or six episodes to get a better opinion.

One
Wed, 05-26-2004, 02:17 PM
I like it very much. Animation is as sweet as honey, having the best art style I've seen lately, sorta reminds me of I.G's works, mainly Kill Bill anime part.

Story is slick, you have two great samurais wanting to kill eachother, but they have to get along. Their interactions are funny as hell ("that was a dream").

The humor simply gets to me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

SpankyDaM
Wed, 05-26-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Have you watched both versions already? I've only watched Bakafish and was wondering which one you thought was better...

Just watched the AF-F sub - they've done a nice job on it - explanations at the top of the screen, nice work on the opening / ending animation, and while I don't know enough Japanese to comment on the quality of the translation it certainly felt OK. I'm gonna watch the Bakafish tomorrow to compare the 2.

As to the anime itself - not sure about this one to be honest, figure I may give it another episode to see how it develops but my initial impressions were that it's not as good as some of the ones that have come out recently. If I'm not enjoying the second episode then I think I'll be giving this one a miss.

I'd say give it a try, but I certainly preferred Bebop to this one - my personal opinion and chances are others in this thread will disagree.

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-26-2004, 04:38 PM
...so was I the only one who really liked when that one guy molested a geisha in the beginning?

The Troublesome One
Wed, 05-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Does anyone have the anime version or a full version of the opening theme?

DraGunZer0
Thu, 05-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Terracosmo, you are not alone i/expressions/devil.gif ...

El Duende
Thu, 05-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: Terracosmo
...so was I the only one who really liked when that one guy molested a geisha in the beginning?

Terracosmo, DraGunZer0, you are not alone...

kilzo
Fri, 05-28-2004, 10:25 AM
I dont see how anyone can put a comment on how they like cowboy bebop more than this, if you look at it, its just like the first episode on cowboy bebop, if anyone was around to watch them before they all came out.

Bebop didnt give off alot of story, but showed us what he was about to make. try not to compare the whole bebop series to the 1 ep we have so far. If you think about it bebop was at its peak later on, so be patient.

As for the Hip-Hop Into and end. I dislike Hip-Hop/Rap ALOT, but be professional here, that was great to mix those two elements together, new hip-hop with old samurai action, its just something id expect from someone who puts jazz into fistfight/gunfight (bebop).

EDIT: When's the new ep coming out?!?

Gods_Son
Sat, 05-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop are completely different shows, and it doesn't make sense to compare a complete series to only one episode of another. Episode 2 will air on Wednesday, be patient until then.

DraGunZer0
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Hopefully more geisha grabbing next wednesday...... bwahahaha..... ok enough of that.

syllaw
Sat, 05-29-2004, 10:57 PM
the squirrel is by far the best character.. it freaking flies

~GS

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 05-29-2004, 11:13 PM
kick ass eps, cant wait for the next one

Elfo
Sun, 05-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Where is the second episode form this serie??? I cannot wait anymore

Augury
Sun, 05-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps
Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop are completely different shows, and it doesn't make sense to compare a complete series to only one episode of another. Episode 2 will air on Wednesday, be patient until then.

Elfo: If you'd read 4 posts above you, KonohamaruCorps has your question answered.

Samurai Champloo has been interesting so far. I especially like the "rewind" thing.

tensai
Sun, 05-30-2004, 10:22 PM
i watched this at my friends house,
i liked it except i found some parts weird and somewhat annoying
the rewind/dj scratch thing is a new thing to me so i didnt like that as much, but it was a cool innovation
other than that, omoshiroi desu

itachi_
Mon, 05-31-2004, 10:21 AM
Horseshit, BS... it was delayed until next week (this week) due some volleyball game, geeze... champloo to the ppl, fuck volleyball...

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by: syllaw

~GS

The molested geisha is clearly superior to the squirrel even though it grabs second place with it's flying abilities and cute teeth i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GEISHA MOLESTATION FOR THE PEOPLE

Melvinmaniacs
Mon, 05-31-2004, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by: syllaw

~GS

The molested geisha is clearly superior to the squirrel even though it grabs second place with it's flying abilities and cute teeth i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

GEISHA MOLESTATION FOR THE PEOPLE
I was wondering what you were talking about at first, and then I watched the episode again. GEISHA MOLESTATION FOR THE PEOPLE indeed!!!
Somewhat off-topic, but since Samurai Champloo airs on Wednesdays in Japan, is it aired the same time as Naruto or later than Naruto?

Outtawack311
Tue, 06-01-2004, 03:43 AM
Umm, I think we already need a new forum for this show. That first episode was sick. If this anime has half a plot it will still be good in my book. I just finished watching, I think I am gonna watch it again!!!

Terracosmo
Tue, 06-01-2004, 08:42 AM
We need a new forum for THE GEISHA MOLESTATION AND... okay okay I'll stop.

Mut
Tue, 06-01-2004, 05:59 PM
i saw episode 1 and it was Ci/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gifL.

Everon
Tue, 06-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by: kilzo

As for the Hip-Hop Into and end. I dislike Hip-Hop/Rap ALOT, but be professional here, that was great to mix those two elements together, new hip-hop with old samurai action, its just something id expect from someone who puts jazz into fistfight/gunfight (bebop).

EDIT: When's the new ep coming out?!?

Oh, is Watanabe Shinichiro directing Samurai Champloo too? The actions scenes were really good. I thought the transitions from scenes happening at the same time to be pretty interesting. Though I hope they don't use the turn table novelty that often.

I enjoy rap a lot. Not the mainstream cookie cutter crap, - there are oh so many songs that you can listen to that talk about cadilacs, drinkin, and the honnies before you get bored - The roots, jurassic five, and mos def are some great artists. But I digress...The OP I heard in Samurai Champloo was terrible. I laughed so hard when I heard they're rhyming. "steel packed tight in microchip all over but the sign of all pro" -- WTF? It sounds like these people just threw in english buzzwords and hoped it would work itself out.

Edit:

We need a new forum for THE GEISHA MOLESTATION AND... okay okay I'll stop.
Eh? Hate to burst your bubble, but Geisha are art entertainers that use music and conversation to entertain their guests. Cortusans, which also wore the white makeup, entertained thier customers with...other methods. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Terracosmo
Wed, 06-02-2004, 04:31 AM
As I said, WE NEED A NEW FORUM FOR CORTUSAN MOLESTATION...

(thanks for the correction)

Goingin
Wed, 06-02-2004, 11:19 AM
This Champloo thingy is fun to watch i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Noir
Wed, 06-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah the fighting was wicked. Definately some awesome potential.

The Troublesome One
Wed, 06-02-2004, 02:30 PM
I think episode 2 aired about 2 hours ago, so hopefully the subbed version won't be too far off.

DraGunZer0
Wed, 06-02-2004, 05:36 PM
I second that notion for a Curtusan Molestation Forum!

The Troublesome One
Wed, 06-02-2004, 05:37 PM
The RAW for Samurai Champloo episode 2 is out.

Ubernaruto
Wed, 06-02-2004, 10:49 PM
this is my fav anime right now hopefully the subbed version will come out soon anyone know when the ani-kraze sub comes out?

Rocktar
Thu, 06-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by: Ubernaruto
this is my fav anime right now hopefully the subbed version will come out soon anyone know when the ani-kraze sub comes out?

There are subbed version out there.

Ubernaruto
Thu, 06-03-2004, 09:06 AM
can someone post a link when a subbed version come out

miaka
Thu, 06-03-2004, 08:13 PM
this anime is just kewl.. hope 2 sub comes out soon

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-04-2004, 01:15 AM
should be, since the raw has already been released

tensai
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:12 AM
samurai champloo 2 is out by aoi-anime if anyones interested
go get it at
http://www.anime.mircx.com/search?query=samurai+champloo

Rocktar
Sat, 06-05-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by: tensai
samurai champloo 2 is out by aoi-anime if anyones interested
go get it at
http://www.anime.mircx.com/search?query=samurai+champloo

I am downloading it right now; it is going kinda slow, but surely I'll see it before bed tonight.

Edit: just saw it, this will be a fine serie imo. Music is great as I expected. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Outtawack311
Sat, 06-05-2004, 03:53 AM
Hmm, good episode. Looks like they gave up on the humor already, that was much quicker than I expected.

Aeon
Sat, 06-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Good ep, Glad to see that the Assassin wasn't a weakling. You just know that he'll show up again later on.

One
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:38 AM
I have a feeling the samurai who smells like sunflowers is actually Fuu's lost love or something like that. Dunno why. :/

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 02:46 AM
thought episode two was pretty cool, liked the sword action, and yea, it was good that the assasin wasn't some weak guy..looked like he was pretty strong

Goingin
Sun, 06-06-2004, 09:52 AM
AonE just released both eps couple of days ago i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Just seen the 2nd ep, and i was dissapointed, not about the whole series, just the part where i was expecting some hentai! i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
Too bad that girl was a bitch and poisoned the samurai dude (dont remember his name)

One
Sun, 06-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Why do I have a feeling Jin's gay? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Gods_Son
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Jin isn't gay and there won't be any hentai. You have the feeling that he's gay, because you're an idiot.

Saruto
Sun, 06-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by: One
Why do I have a feeling Jin's gay? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

He's not the one to be gay but the assasin..

Wednesday
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Well, I'd be willing to bet Jin isn't gay. At most, Watanabe will keep his sexual preference questionable, just like he kept Ed's gender a mystery for much of Cowboy Bebop.

I don't think the assassin is either. I think Jin realized the assassin's true intentions for sure, however, when he made that comment about the fire flies. I just think the assassin was trying the same route to kill Jin as the woman used to try to kill Mugen.

I could be wrong about them both, though. I'll wait and see before passing judgement.

tensai
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:43 PM
i liked the first episode better than this one
i think its kinda repetetive how when the not so bad, retard that everyone hates finally gets someone to like them, then they go and turn on the person they first side with and protect that someone. ive seen too many shows reusing that theme
jin is definitly not gay. when the assasin started acting gay, jin was like about to run away
other than that this one was ok
i was kinda suprised when aone picked this one up as one of their projects though

Ryuuza Megami
Sun, 06-06-2004, 01:58 PM
I have to say that I like Samurai Champloo very much!! I got it from here, so I knew that it had to be good!! I'm glad that it didn't involve much in the way of the....mm...how to say it....Like the Inuyasha Series does with that time period with all of the magic stuff. Anyway...I think that Fuu is funny, and that clip that has her running through the streets with those fireworks in her kimono and the placement of them was hilarious....Sorry if I spoiled something for someone, but it was funny.....

Hey, had anyone other than me notice that Mugen sorta resembles Spike Speigle from Cowboy Bebop?? I mean just a bit in his laid back style as well as animation?? Just wondering..

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:40 PM
yeah, Mugen reminded me of Spike in a number of ways, but if i'm not mistaken isn't Samurai Champloo created by the same creator of Cowboy Bebop?

Gods_Son
Sun, 06-06-2004, 03:46 PM
They have a lot of the same cast, so I'm not suprised people keep comparing them. I see some similarity in Spike and Mugen, but not much.

Mut
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:09 PM
is mugen the guy with glasses or the guy that's all reckless?

WHO CARES, i see no similarities between spike and either of them. spike is too much of a cool cat for him to be compared with anyone.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:17 PM
heh.. well Mugen is the reckless one

Aeon
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:48 PM
The only simularity I see with Mugan and another character is that he sounds like Zoro from One Piece.

ShinobiNeko
Sun, 06-06-2004, 04:50 PM
yeah i think they might be using the same voice actor

dclxvi
Sun, 06-06-2004, 05:54 PM
i'm intrigued to know why AonE feel able to sub this show, which is licensed, but dropped gokusen when that got licensed?

I don't mind, even though gokusen was my favourite show for a while, but I just don't understand the difference...

I am grateful for the subbing of this cool new show btw, I just wish they'd finish off the last 3 eps of Gokusen too... <sniff>

Gods_Son
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:01 PM
AonE don't really care about doing licensed shows, they probably just thought Gokusen wasn't worth doing. The only slight similarity between Spike and Mugen is the way they look. Spike is a much cooler character than Mugen though.

v I have no idea, and this thread isn't about Gokusen v

dclxvi
Sun, 06-06-2004, 06:12 PM
if they thought gokusen wasn't worth doing, why did they do it for 10 out of 13 of the eps & then stop when it was licensed!?!

Agrippa
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:20 AM
well I just d/led ep 1 and 2 from aone
This anime is amazing!
Can't wait to see some more.

ExTREm-San
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:52 PM
AonE and AF-F is the best one who's releasing imo.

Agrippa
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:02 AM
when can we expect ep 3?

AlbinoFury
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:16 AM
yeh what day of the week does it air in japan? is it weekly? monthly? bi-weekly?

Goingin
Tue, 06-08-2004, 04:55 AM
Just a little search, logical thinking and babelfish made me come up with this:

Presently, at Fuji Telecasting Co. it is in the midst of favorable comment televising, but the Kansai television, the broadcast with of BS FUJI was decided anew. Details are below.

Kansai television
Every week Tuesday nighttime 26: 25 -
Start of 2004 June 8th broadcast

BS FUJI
Every week Sunday nighttime 24: 00 -
Start of 2004 June 20th broadcast

Fuji Telecasting Co.
Every week Wednesday nighttime 26: 28 -
In the midst of favorable comment televising

Source: samuraichamploo.com through Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.samuraicham ploo.com%2FNews%2Findex.html&lp=ja_en)

Raven
Tue, 06-08-2004, 07:51 AM
Omg, this show is so friggin' awesome... I waited too long to watch it! The characters are so cool.... Mugen and Jin are both such bad-asses....

I LOVE the hip-hop/LP scratching music style, it goes so well with the Samurai setting, much better than I expected.

I think the sunflower samurai will turn out to be the one who killed Fuu's parents, seeing as she has "nowhere to go" as was said in the first episode, her parents were probably killed by some renegade samurai and she wants revenge. Just a guess though.

DraGunZer0
Tue, 06-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Pity there was no fondling this ep..although there was that one chick that tried to poison the dude i/expressions/devil.gif power to the evil chicks!

Mut
Wed, 06-09-2004, 01:33 AM
did the 2nd episode remind you of inuyasha at all... i think i saw an inuyasha episode where they find a bad ogre that goes good.

but anyway, this series rocks.

best part:

old man: but, they say that males sometimes end up calling each other instead. *smile*
jin: ... i'll be going now.

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAH

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 06-09-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah this series is awesome! The breakdancing samurai reminds me of...spike is it? from cowboy bebop, and the other one reminds me of vash from trigun, but someone else even more. I can't place my finger on it though. I like the dark overtone they wasted no time to get at. Awesome.

tensai
Wed, 06-09-2004, 01:44 AM
yeah
i dont really watch inuyasha but i remember seeing that ep on CN
it was this ugly ogre, that the villagers wanted to kill
it had a grandma or mom, in the end it saved the villagers from this monster
but that was a little different than samurai champloo because the ogre actually wanted to kill people
the one in inuyasha didnt want to hurt anybody and it didnt die at the end
i like this series, i was wondering if they took out that dj scatch thing where they suddenly switch scenes

ShinobiNeko
Wed, 06-09-2004, 01:46 AM
So far I think this series is pretty good, and I'm intersted in finding out who and why she is looking for the samurai who smells like sunflowers

Mut
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:42 AM
raw of ep 3 is out

Shadow-wolf
Thu, 06-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Let's not forget about the assassin. He was pretty strong too. I wonder if he truly knows anything about the sunflower samurai.

One
Thu, 06-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Jin the cross-dresser. OMG

Ubernaruto
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:00 PM
hahaha that's what i was saying he made a cute girl this episode was great a little short on the fighting but still great and the animation is back to the first episode's standard

DraGunZer0
Thu, 06-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@
did the 2nd episode remind you of inuyasha at all... i think i saw an inuyasha episode where they find a bad ogre that goes good.

but anyway, this series rocks.

best part:

old man: but, they say that males sometimes end up calling each other instead. *smile*
jin: ... i'll be going now.

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAH

I agree, that moment pwned.

tensai
Thu, 06-10-2004, 10:20 PM
if this anime is truly licensed and anime.mircx is removing all of the licensed anime does that mean there is no more samurai champloo on bittorrent?
what other bt sites might have the series?
nvm http://suprnova.org/ has samurai champloo
ep three out by mundo anime <anyone know if they sub good (or is it even in english)

Jin the cross-dresser. OMG

hahaha that's what i was saying he made a cute girl this episode was great a little short on the fighting but still great and the animation is back to the first episode's standard

are you guys talking about ep 3 or i might have missed something on ep 2?

kilzo
Thu, 06-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Ep. 3 by mundo? Dont see it? link?

tensai
Fri, 06-11-2004, 12:30 AM
sorry dude, i guess my eyes were killing me then, it was just ep 2 by mundo
the raw is out and it looked like someone subbed it but it was just another group that released the raw
the other sites might not have samurai champloo to dl, so suprnova might be the only place to get it though

diaded
Fri, 06-11-2004, 03:27 AM
If anyone hears something about the OST release, could they please PM me?
I'm a sucker for good OST's....

Raven
Fri, 06-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Well, don't just PM it, spread the news around, we'd all like it I'm sure.

Trip
Sat, 06-12-2004, 02:54 AM
just watched ep 1 & 2, really cool stuff, definetaly reminded me of cowboy bebop, nice to see that it's the same people working on it i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

can't wait for more, anybody know how often tehy are realeased?

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 06-12-2004, 07:51 AM
I'll stick with it... strange animation, but really cool.

Atheist
Sat, 06-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Will episode 3 ever be translated or not?

Ciber
Sun, 06-13-2004, 03:17 AM
Soon.

mugen123
Sun, 06-13-2004, 10:31 AM
does anybody know why no one is subbing episode 3 and if someone does find a subbed version could they please post the link. Ive been looking for the 3 ep for s long time

Agrippa
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:27 PM
I would even like a link to a raw of 3?

mugen123
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:36 PM
yes I would please give but anime.mircx dosn't seem to work right now atleast not for me but if you know somewere else to get it or if you think anime.mircx is working now please post

DraGunZer0
Sun, 06-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Just to let you people know if you havent realized yet, Samurai Champloo has it's own section now. And yea if you happen to know a link to the raw post it up.

Aeon
Sun, 06-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Here is the Raw of ep3, I didn't know rather to put it here or in the SC forum.

http://www.l33t-raws.com/bt/gettorrent.php/729d198e8c875bc92e631bd8c01430f597365ae9.torrent

Agrippa
Sun, 06-13-2004, 07:17 PM
thanks aeon

Lefty
Sun, 06-13-2004, 07:20 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: Aeon
Here is the Raw of ep3, I didn't know rather to put it here or in the SC forum.
-----------------------

do both people might over look this thread now since SC has it's own forum. And thanks for the raw.

Atheist
Mon, 06-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Subbed version of episode 3 is out ! check suprnova.org!

diaded
Thu, 06-17-2004, 04:26 AM
I just discovered that they released two OST's for Samurai Champloo on the 11th I think.
If you check the official site (news section) and understand Japanese you'll probably be happier than I am. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Aniki
Thu, 06-17-2004, 10:24 AM
I've watched the first 3 eps from POPGO fan-sub. I like this anime a lot, especially the one of the voice actors is the same guy for Zoro in OPhttp://www.l33t-raws.com/bt/gettorrent.php/59d68b7ac3d5403e42a202bf5a45861820b9949d.torrent

oceen246
Thu, 06-17-2004, 11:55 PM
I'm tired of having episodes ending the way it did. Come on, the best part is right there, and we have to wait until next week to get it.

ShinobiNeko
Fri, 06-18-2004, 03:31 AM
true, oceen, it kind of gets you when episodes end like that, but then again, that's the whole point of cliff-hangers, to get you to want to watch it next week.

kgnadt
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:26 AM
hey_ ep 3 is out subbed_ i tried dl'ing a version by af-f from suprnova.com but it wouldn't play on my windows media for some reason. currently finding out if just that file was corrupt on the site, or if i have to register as a member for dls to work...oh well, persistence

kgnadt
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:28 AM
er i meant suprnova.org _ my mistake

Mut
Sun, 06-20-2004, 12:29 AM
use the edit button and don't multi post next time, thanks.

99% of the time if your file doesn't play, then you don't have the right codecs. i don't have the links right now but if you go to the anime support forum i'm sure you can find the links.'

but if you do have the right codecs, the file might be corrupt because it did not finish properly.

Raven
Sun, 06-20-2004, 09:42 AM
Ok, locking this, everyone post in the new forum.