PDA

View Full Version : Translators - help!

Zabuza No Jutsu
Tue, 05-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey there,

just a quick question to any fluent-japanese-speaking people out there. One phrase/word set i never understand. No matter what the subtitles read, this is used in soo many of Naruto's lines. When said, it sounds like (excuse the bad spelling) "dut-tee baiwa" or occasionally "yut-tee baiwa", and is always said at the end of his sentence. Could anyone tell me what it actually means?

Jman
Tue, 05-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Dattebayo!

Check out This page for the explanation regarding "Dattebayo" (http://llamakillers.sunset.net/paradise/index.php?m=20040307)

Rek
Tue, 05-18-2004, 07:47 PM
wow... thats convienient...

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 07:47 PM
yes....it also reminds me how annoyingly complex the japanese language is

Kumiriko
Tue, 05-18-2004, 07:54 PM
I wish i knew fluent Japanes. much more intresting then english. Blarg. Some one bash me in the head and drop me in japan

Krbadass
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Very interesting, thanks for the link.

Kagari
Tue, 05-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah, thanks for the link, animemaster.

g0at
Tue, 05-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
yes....it also reminds me how annoyingly complex the japanese language is

japanese is the easiest language to learn. u just have to forget about english

Assertn
Wed, 05-19-2004, 12:10 AM
well, any language is easier to learn in the younger elementary-school ages.....its when your mind develops more does it actually get more difficult to learn languages

Zabuza No Jutsu
Wed, 05-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Arigato animemaster....you truly ARE animemaster lol...preddy kool...i'll check that link out now. Was jsut always wondering cos naruto says it at least 10 times in every episode. Thanks again

PSJ
Wed, 05-19-2004, 04:02 PM
japanese cant be the easiest language to learn. its all depending on what languages you hear in you everyday life. i live in sweden and we dont translate every movie like the faghead germans do so we are exposed to alot of english and american which makes it quite easy for us to ge the language. if you are exposed to japanese everyday like we animefans are its easier to leran the language but still not easy seeing as you have to leran 3 whole new alphabets to leran japanese.

SilentSnake
Wed, 05-19-2004, 04:15 PM
japanese is the hardest language to learn IIRC i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif
after all, interesting language, thanks for the link Animemaster i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif
It cleared a lot for me as well

Assertn
Wed, 05-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by: Pervert-Sennin Jiraiya
japanese cant be the easiest language to learn. its all depending on what languages you hear in you everyday life. i live in sweden and we dont translate every movie like the faghead germans do so we are exposed to alot of english and american which makes it quite easy for us to ge the language. if you are exposed to japanese everyday like we animefans are its easier to leran the language but still not easy seeing as you have to leran 3 whole new alphabets to leran japanese.

i always heard that people in japan dont talk at all like people in anime do

Krbadass
Wed, 05-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Pervert-sennin Jiraiya I don't wanna hear any racism what so ever. I'm german so i take offense to that.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 05-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Ach, Deutschand ueber alles...Doch, da muss Ihnen gefreuen...

And yeah, that page makes anyone look smart i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Garlannd
Thu, 05-20-2004, 12:31 PM
I never did know where they got the pervert from. My friend Takuma always says hentite is pervert.

complich8
Thu, 05-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Hentai, Ero, Ecchi are all different but very similar pervert-related words.

Jiraiya is an "Ero-Sennin" ... "Ero" for "pervert", "Sennin" for "Hermit. So "Perverted hermit".

logic
Thu, 05-20-2004, 10:43 PM
I didnt care that much about datteboy, but I feel enlightened after reading that explanation.

This is a useless post, but I felt very compelled to show you gratification, thank's for the learning experience animemaster, i'm always into new information.