PDA

View Full Version : p-p-p-powerbook!

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 02:15 AM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/dumbmrblah/Scamming%20the%20Scammer.htm

this was great enough to make it on slashdot.....an elaborate scheme of forum posters who decided to scam an ebay scammer

be sure to check out the documentation about the whole process, its pretty interesting i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Jman
Tue, 05-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Wow. I read through the whole story. That was one of the best counter-scam actions I've ever heard about in my life. They really got that asshat good. Lol @ the pics of the p-p-p-powerbook. That scammer should've learned his lesson.
*shakes head....what a dumbass.

Cheers to MyNameIsJeff and all who helped him devise his pwoerbook plan.

SK
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:19 PM
haha i read the whole thing too, good story. when my dad discovered ebay he got scammed, probably because he knows nothign about computers at all. anyway he flew to chicago somehow got the lady's address and got his money back, not as clever as that counterscam, but did the trick. then when ebay reported it to the fbi he got reimbursed for what they thought he paid on the winning bid. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Vattha
Tue, 05-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Lol, crazy stuff.

Raven
Wed, 05-19-2004, 12:10 AM
So what happened in the end? They never heard back from him?

Assertn
Wed, 05-19-2004, 12:13 AM
well i guess they are still waiting......
but i'd imagine if they didnt hear anything, that he prolly just packed up his things and fled the area

Xollence
Wed, 05-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Haha funny shit, I wonder if it's really real though.

Assertn
Wed, 05-19-2004, 04:28 PM
i'd be very surprised if it wasnt real.......if you check the forum, people involved in the whole thing have been discussing the matters for a few months now, i believe