PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone as excited as me to see Jiraiya fight?

Foomanchew24
Mon, 05-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Is any one else excited to see Jiriaya fight, or is it just me. I'm very excited to see what type of moves he has.

Also is there anybody that you peeps have not seen fight that you would like to see fight or that has fought some but you would like to see more of. As stated above I am most looking forward to seeing Jiriaya.

Let me know who you guy's are the most excited about seeing fight.

Long live the perverted hermit!

SK
Mon, 05-17-2004, 09:25 PM
yeah im looking forward to seeing jiraiya's moves. someone we'll never see is the 4th, id like to see him fight. and of course i want to see itachi fight someone of equal strenth.

animeniac
Mon, 05-17-2004, 09:42 PM
I want to see more of Shikamaru and Shino, and of course i want to see what Jiraiya can do.

kilzo
Mon, 05-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Hell i want to see the new technique and the animation for it.

Knives122
Mon, 05-17-2004, 09:52 PM
im with you that new technique must be awsome, and powerful

DrunkPotHead
Mon, 05-17-2004, 10:28 PM
I wanna see Sakura fight Konohamaru!

Aeon
Mon, 05-17-2004, 11:10 PM
wanna see Sakura fight Konohamaru!
That's not fair, Sakura doesn't stand a chance. And yea I just wanna see him fight just so I can see his technique that's stronger then chidori.

Stoopider
Mon, 05-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Even the manga readers are excited of course. A sannin so scary that even Itachi and the sharkface have to be so careful of an all out confrontation.

Actually I'm waiting more of the interaction of Jiraiya with Naruto. THey look cute together. Like a father taking out his child for a camping trip... Especially for Naruto, who doesn't have any parents.

Brings a tear to my eye.

kilzo
Mon, 05-17-2004, 11:49 PM
You know what... its scary but i actually think that without the use of weaponry i think konohamuru and sakura would make a fair fight in some cases...

Destiny
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:41 AM
The person i'd like to see in action would be the 4th Hokage, it's too bad he's dead tho. I rekon the 4th vs Itachi would be an awsome battle

Pyron
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by: -Sharingan-Kakashi-
yeah im looking forward to seeing jiraiya's moves. someone we'll never see is the 4th, id like to see him fight. and of course i want to see itachi fight someone of equal strenth.
|
|
|
|
|

jiraiya fighting? can't wait..

and i don't read manga but you can't honestly think that we'll never see the 4th fight. for sure we'll get to see him either in a flashback (even though it might not be long) or if someone uses that technique Orochimaru used to summon the 1st, 2nd, and almost the 4th. come to think of it...if you have to sacrafice someone's life to summon one of the hokages i don't think you'd see a good guy doing that technique, unless one of them chooses to die so that someone can summon the 4th...that'd be pretty sick

Rek
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by: Destiny
The person i'd like to see in action would be the 4th Hokage, it's too bad he's dead tho. I rekon the 4th vs Itachi would be an awsome battle

Don't be tooo discouraged... there is always flashbacks... (not with itachi o course)

Destiny
Tue, 05-18-2004, 07:17 AM
Yeah, cant wait to see them. Im very interested to see what the 4th is like, in and out of battle

Foomanchew24
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Now that I think about it I would also like to see Sakura do something worthwhile, as far as fighting goes. If that means beating up Konohamuru then so be it. Sakura really needs to work on her moves and show some progress. If only she let her inner self out she would kick everyone's a$$.

LostAngel
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by: Pyron

|
|
|
|
|

and i don't read manga but you can't honestly think that we'll never see the 4th fight. for sure we'll get to see him either in a flashback (even though it might not be long) or if someone uses that technique Orochimaru used to summon the 1st, 2nd, and almost the 4th. come to think of it...if you have to sacrafice someone's life to summon one of the hokages i don't think you'd see a good guy doing that technique, unless one of them chooses to die so that someone can summon the 4th...that'd be pretty sick

Did it ever state that the 3rd person Orchi was summoning was the 4th??? I know people assume it because of the first 2 being summoned but I don't think the 3rd was the 4th.

Garlannd
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Just on a side to to reply to some earlier remarks about the new technique. I'm pretty sure he said that to trick Naruto.

Naruto just got done making a comment about how he isnt a child and can't be tricked with such silly things as pretty women.

Then a few seconds later Jiraya uses his oh I guess I'll just have to take sasuke along with me and show him that new technique. I'm pretty sure Jiraya was bluffing. He may have alot of tecniques but I'm pretty sure that was a lil coy to get Naruto to tag along.

*Edit*

Also you never know about the 4th, they may have flashback episodes later on involving him fighting kyub. Its always a possibility I'm pretty sure the third summoning was the 4th. Its kind of implied.

Terracosmo
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:52 AM
If not the 4th, then who? And why did Sarutobi aim directly at that one? It's pretty obvious the last coffin had the 4th in it.

LostAngel
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:58 AM
I dont know but I dont remember anywhere being said that it was the 4th. I think he just didn't want someone else to have to deal with. That the 1st and 2cd was to far summoned to be stopped so he put all his effort in stopping the 3rd one.

chambers
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
i think jira WILL teach naruto a technique even if it turns out to be his peeping one. i think naruto would go to pretty long lenghts to peep at sakura.

SK
Tue, 05-18-2004, 11:21 AM

|
|
|
|
|

i meant actually fight in a battle, not 20 second flashbacks. also i agree i think jiraiya just said that so that naruto would come along, i thought that was pretty easy to tell. but naruto is getting more from jiraiya than a stupid technique, he will probably get 10 times stronger on this trip plus he gets to meet tsunade. he might learn some stuff from her, like a stronger sexy no jutsu.

Evil Eyes
Tue, 05-18-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm very excited about the next episode, too.
I'd really like to see more action from the female jounins. Kurenai had to fight Itachi and Anko had to fight Oro and both battles were clearly unfair. I'd actually like to see a fight between them. Who do u think would win? The queen of illusion or Oro's only student?

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by: LostAngel
I dont know but I dont remember anywhere being said that it was the 4th.

that goes back to that explanation of stories i said where some details are expected to be ASSUMED by the viewers without them having to explicitly say it.

There have been 4 hokages for the village of konoha so far, 3 of which were dead at the time.......orochimaru brings up 3 coffins, and 2 of the 3 coffins had hokages.....

i think it would be a safe guess as to who was in the 3rd coffin i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LostAngel
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:29 PM
I just cant see if the 4th soul is sealed in the Death God how Orchi could summon him. Because as they explained it his soul is in the Death God in enternal battle or something like that in exchange to seal Kyubi.

Mut
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:59 PM
i say that the 4th would've been resurrected, but the resurrection would've been a dud.

ObliVioN^^
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:17 PM
I will really like to see Gai i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 02:22 PM
we often end up in discussions about how that sealing technique of the 4th's actually works.......but its really hard to get anywhere with it though. I'm hoping they'll get more involved with how the 4th used it

LostAngel
Tue, 05-18-2004, 02:26 PM
I think they will because I think since Jiriaya was the 4ths teacher he might of been the one to teach him how to do it. I am probably wrong but he might of. And Jiriaya might be the one to explain it because I am sure Naruto will start asking questions about it sooner or later.

Destiny
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Yeh, it's pretty obvious that, if anyone, Jiraiya will be the one to tell Naruto about the 4th. Gotta wonder how the 4th came to learn such a mean technique though, and if he has any other death jutsus. He probably wouldn't hav learned those from Jiraiya.

The_Fourth
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Damn I want to see Jiraiya vs. Itachi. and of course the fourth.
Also a battle between Jiraiya and Tsunade vs. Orochimaru and someone else would be nice.

Mut
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by: The_Fourth
Damn I want to see Jiraiya vs. Itachi. and of course the fourth.
Also a battle between Jiraiya and Tsunade vs. Orochimaru and someone else would be nice.

awesome prediction.

Knives122
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:53 PM
thatll be pretty cool to see all three leng. sannins fight

LostAngel
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:20 PM
first Orchi has to come up with a way to fix his arms, with Kabuto being some type of medical person I am sure he will find away. But is there really a cure for souless arms?

I wonder what all Tsunade knows, she has to be awesome. I cant wait till she gets introduce. Seeing her in that flash back just made me more excited to see her. So far all the girl ninjas have been cool but not great.. she has to be awesome if not it will be a big disappointment.

Knives122
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:23 PM
man most of the girls suck donkey balls, and of course Tsunades awesome shes a lengedary sannin

Pyron
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:00 PM
i meant actually fight in a battle, not 20 second flashbacks. also i agree i think jiraiya just said that so that naruto would come along, i thought that was pretty easy to tell. but naruto is getting more from jiraiya than a stupid technique, he will probably get 10 times stronger on this trip plus he gets to meet tsunade. he might learn some stuff from her, like a stronger sexy no jutsu.

i know what you mean, i'm just sayin that cause of your comment "someone we'll never see is the 4th, i'd like to see him fight".
and again, if someone manages to do that summoning technique...there might be a chance we get to see him fight.

LostAngel: no it wasn't stated it was the 4th by anyone in the series. but way back in the forums, someone said something like the tombs that were summoned had markings on them and the last one indicated it was the 4th. something like that. but that's another topic that's been argued about

LostAngel
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by: Knives122
man most of the girls suck donkey balls, and of course Tsunades awesome shes a lengedary sannin

I KNOW!! I have been waiting all this time since episode 1 to see an awesome female ninja!! I cant wait to see how awesome Tsunade is.... I hope shes as awesome as I hope she is to be.

Gods_Son
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:15 PM
I KNOW!! I have been waiting all this time since episode 1 to see an awesome female ninja!! I cant wait to see how awesome Tsunade is.... I hope shes as awesome as I hope she is to be.

I think you're forgetting about Sakura vs Ino, so pathetic and horrible that I could call it awesome.

SofaKing
Wed, 05-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by: Garlannd
Just on a side to to reply to some earlier remarks about the new technique. I'm pretty sure he said that to trick Naruto.

Naruto just got done making a comment about how he isnt a child and can't be tricked with such silly things as pretty women.

Then a few seconds later Jiraya uses his oh I guess I'll just have to take sasuke along with me and show him that new technique. I'm pretty sure Jiraya was bluffing. He may have alot of tecniques but I'm pretty sure that was a lil coy to get Naruto to tag along.

Nah.

The comic is about Naruto growing stronger, and they way things are shaping up it looks like Jiraya is taking
the role of Naruto's mentor.

Besides, if nothing else, Naruto would keep bugging him until he taught him something, and Jiraya HAS to
know a few techniques to pass along.

AznSensation
Wed, 05-19-2004, 02:15 AM
LostAngel: no it wasn't stated it was the 4th by anyone in the series. but way back in the forums, someone said something like the tombs that were summoned had markings on them and the last one indicated it was the 4th. something like that. but that's another topic that's been argued about

The three tombs that were summoned had the markings 1, 2, and 4 on them. It is only logical what the 3rd one was considering the contents of the first 2

Stoopider
Wed, 05-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by: KonohamaruCorps

I think you're forgetting about Sakura vs Ino, so pathetic and horrible that I could call it awesome.

Me thinks girls in Naruto are late bloomers. Or they'll just stay suck.

Mongoose
Wed, 05-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Well, Tsunade's one of the three Legendary, er, Three, so I'd imagine she's not a pushover, given the power of her two other classmates. Plus, she's been in the last two opening sequences, so she must be important. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Shinoro
Thu, 05-20-2004, 12:47 AM
New member here i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Anyhow back to the topic, I have to admit I got goosebumps first time I saw Kurenai get ready to fight along with Asura against Kisame and Itachi, even though I knew she wouldn't stand a chance. She got totally hosed as far as showing her abilities, first fight in the series and she's pit against Itachi. I'd like to see her fight someone else around her skill level and see what she can really do.

But yeah the girls in this series have really been outshun. I also wanted to see what Tenten could do, Temari was boring. I loved Hinata, her episodes of coming out of her shell and fighting Neji was great, even though she was almost killed, I really didn't know she had it in her. I am really looking forward to seeing Jiraiya and Tsunade, should provide for some entertaining episodes.

Stoopider
Thu, 05-20-2004, 04:36 AM
Hi Shinoro. Welcome!

Yes you will.. Don't worry.. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

?igma
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by: Destiny

Since the 4th has the death-god skill (or had, however you like it) 4th vs Itachi would only be or a draw (meaning both get killed by the death-god, or it would be an easy win for the 4th, its after all his "power"that sealed the kyuubi, I reckon you need quite more power for it then Itachi has...

chambers
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:46 AM
after that last ep i REALLY want to see him fight now.

?igma
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:50 AM
not spoiling, but 84 pwned i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

chambers
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:57 AM
it aint really spoiling if its outa and people havent been arsed to dl tho is it.
but your right it did.

Neji-Aniki-sama
Thu, 05-20-2004, 08:58 AM
Jiraiya, with his frog magic, is more of a healer than a killer. And so is Tsunade and Naruto is a sense. I sure would like to see him healing, that ought to be interesting.

chambers
Thu, 05-20-2004, 09:36 AM
urrrrrrrrrr what?
healer? how so, the only thing weve seen him do so far is fight and perv!

SK
Thu, 05-20-2004, 09:39 AM
healer? after seeing 84 looks like jiraiya is about to kick some ass.

chambers
Thu, 05-20-2004, 10:10 AM
indeed. and some SERIOUS ass at that.

Mongoose
Thu, 05-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Er, the next time we see Naruto healing someone is the first. Jiraiya doesn't do much sitting around mending things, either. Tsunade, she hasn't shown up in the anime yet outside of flashbacks and her back, so who knows...

Kurapica
Thu, 05-20-2004, 11:44 AM
I just read some info on this site and it clearly states that A) Sharingan is weak against Taijutsu and isn't effective against other Advanced bloodlines .
B) Sharingan evolved from Byakugan. I allready had my mind set up about Sharingan being less effective against Taijutsu and it would surely increase the chance that Itachi can be defeited by Taijutsu. But what about point B, this is the first time i heard about that.

The site is http://elite-shinobi.com/index.php?es=info/clans

chambers
Thu, 05-20-2004, 11:56 AM
yes but that site saying taijustu is strong against sharingan is like me saying that its weak against shinos bugs.

just cos its on a website dont make it true.

but in this case i happen to agree, but not thats its weak more that there is almost no way a sharingan user can be as good at taijutsu as someone who dedicates themselves to it.

Mut
Thu, 05-20-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by: Kurapica
I just read some info on this site and it clearly states that A) Sharingan is weak against Taijutsu and isn't effective against other Advanced bloodlines .
B) Sharingan evolved from Byakugan. I allready had my mind set up about Sharingan being less effective against Taijutsu and it would surely increase the chance that Itachi can be defeited by Taijutsu. But what about point B, this is the first time i heard about that.

The site is http://elite-shinobi.com/index.php?es=info/clans

it's only weak against taijutsu only if the sharingan user isn't as fast as the taijutsu user. so many inaccurate and lame websites say that sharingan is weak against at taijutsu using rock lee vs sasuke as an example and they don't even put why it is weak against.

chambers
Thu, 05-20-2004, 12:50 PM
yeah i agree, its only weak against some one thats slower, same as it would be weak against anything if the user was a lot slower.

Mongoose
Fri, 05-21-2004, 05:22 AM
Well, of course no one knows for sure, but I'd think fast taijutsu would at least make the Sharingan less useful. Consider: the Sharingan's main power, outside of Itachi's strange (and frankly somewhat idiotic) you're-in-my-world thing, is to predict and counter opponent techniques. However, the faster the technique, the harder it is to counter just by using the Sharingan, because the user has to first recognize and then act, and unlike the other disciplines of Naruto-anime ninjitsu, taijutsu has no seals or anything to give you more time. The Sharingan user still has to take a few nanoseconds to identify the move and then act to counter, so in essence they have to be faster than the attacker to be effective. The Sharingan also seems to tire any user out after continued strain, so continued quick taijutsu could theoretically wear the user down. Assuming, of course, that the attacker isn't dead before the Sharingan user starts to tire, since they have to counter anything the Sharingan user throws out in response...

Mongoose
Fri, 05-21-2004, 05:24 AM
But getting back on topic, it looks like Jiraiya's finally ready to whip out some whupass in ep 85. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

chambers
Fri, 05-21-2004, 08:57 AM
indeed we may see the end of kisame!

Knives122
Fri, 05-21-2004, 10:13 AM
probably not because we know how the characters like that in animes work

Mut
Fri, 05-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by: Mongoose
Well, of course no one knows for sure, but I'd think fast taijutsu would at least make the Sharingan less useful. Consider: the Sharingan's main power, outside of Itachi's strange (and frankly somewhat idiotic) you're-in-my-world thing, is to predict and counter opponent techniques. However, the faster the technique, the harder it is to counter just by using the Sharingan, because the user has to first recognize and then act, and unlike the other disciplines of Naruto-anime ninjitsu, taijutsu has no seals or anything to give you more time. The Sharingan user still has to take a few nanoseconds to identify the move and then act to counter, so in essence they have to be faster than the attacker to be effective. The Sharingan also seems to tire any user out after continued strain, so continued quick taijutsu could theoretically wear the user down. Assuming, of course, that the attacker isn't dead before the Sharingan user starts to tire, since they have to counter anything the Sharingan user throws out in response...

i guess that can be somewhat true. the sharingan doesn't really 'predict' opponents techniques. that's what gai's method is. sharingan almost 'knows' what the next move is (it's a very fine line between the predicting and almost knowing, but bare with me). the part about sharingan that makes it so deadly (besides mangekyou sharingan) is that it instantly reads movement and becomes even more customed to it even after short use with the same movements (as seen in haku's and lee's fights). even though the sharingan user might not know what the move/attack the opponent is using the sharingan enables the user to react to it instantly, as long as the user is fast enough. also, from what we have seen, a master sharingan user does not tire out from continuous sharingan use, except when he/she performs mangekyou sharingan. sasuke becomes tired (i don't remember him tiring from using sharingan, only after he received the curse seal he tires from sharigan use) because he hasn't mastered it like itachi has. even though kakashi can use the sharingan at a greater degree than sasuke can, he becomes even more tired because he is not an uchiha. from what we've seen, itachi does not get tired from constantly activating his sharingan.

chambers
Sat, 05-22-2004, 03:45 PM
we havent seen sasuke using sharingan once like we see kakashi tho have we? i mean actually mimicking movements an such. but i have to agree when it comes to sharingan id have to think sauske can use it for longer than kakashi.

SofaKing
Sat, 05-22-2004, 06:43 PM
He did it during the first test of the Chunnin exam to copy answers.

chambers
Sun, 05-23-2004, 11:40 AM
cheers, never noticed that.

kyuubi_
Sun, 05-23-2004, 03:40 PM
don't forget he copied rock lee's movement before the chuunin exams too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
but one thing i've been wonderin why ain't his sharingan out all time.. bad for eye ? :X

also.. like what alot of you noticed.. there's only 2 "commas" in his sharingan.. while there's 3 in both kakashi and itachi..
does that mean that sasuke still can improve his sharingan further ? hope we can get an answer from the manga soon ! anime is way behind..

Mut
Sun, 05-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by: kyuubi_
don't forget he copied rock lee's movement before the chuunin exams too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif
but one thing i've been wonderin why ain't his sharingan out all time.. bad for eye ? :X

also.. like what alot of you noticed.. there's only 2 "commas" in his sharingan.. while there's 3 in both kakashi and itachi..
does that mean that sasuke still can improve his sharingan further ? hope we can get an answer from the manga soon ! anime is way behind..

spoilers from the manga aren't allowed. but yeah, sasuke can develope a 3rd comma and it has been said that sasuke has more potential than itachi.

Mongoose
Mon, 05-24-2004, 04:20 AM
The most likely answer is that the sharingan takes energy to use and keep red, and when not in use, the eyes just look normal. The same thing happens with the Byakugan, as the Hyuga clan obviously doesn't go around with wrinkly eyes all the time. Itachi perhaps has mastered the use of the sharingan or just has so much chakra lying around now that he can keep his on all the time; during the flashback in 84, you'll note that his eyes were black normally as a teen. Even with Kakashi, it's impossible to tell whether the eye is always red, as he keeps his protector over it when not in battle. Sasuke, who just recently got his sharingan ability, doesn't use it often, so his eyes are typically black in battle.

*kibakun*
Wed, 05-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Im also very excited to see the ero sannin i think it was fight. its going to be great. thats all great and all but what i really dont want to happen is for lee to not fight omg that would be devistating but yes perverted hermit all the way and hope my beautiful green beast will be able to come back some time soon

Nammer
Wed, 05-26-2004, 07:09 PM
haha i wanna see him summon a hot babe to saduce itachi LOL

SofaKing
Wed, 05-26-2004, 07:18 PM
I think the reason that Kakashi covers it is because he can't turn it off, and so he has to cover it so that it doesn't eat up all of his chakra.

kakash11
Wed, 05-26-2004, 07:24 PM
You know what i wanna see? I wanna see kakashi in a anbu uniform instead of the retarded lookin jounin costume. i wanna see his bad ass young self and i wanna see him kick some ass.

im new too i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ShinobiNeko
Thu, 05-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by: kakash11
You know what i wanna see? I wanna see kakashi in a anbu uniform instead of the retarded lookin jounin costume. i wanna see his bad ass young self and i wanna see him kick some ass.

im new too i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I agree I would like to see Kakashi in ANBU uniform and definatly would like to see Kakashi when he was younger

orn210
Fri, 05-28-2004, 12:36 AM
finally the wall of flesh.......

Mut
Fri, 05-28-2004, 01:30 AM
that wall was pretty cool, until itachi blasted a hole in it.

Enigmatic_Paragon
Sat, 05-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Just to reply to the very first posts in this thread about how we're supposed to know the 3rd coffin had the 4th in it:

If you looked at the coffins as they rose up, they were labeled 1st( ? ) (Im not familiar with the character but I'm guessing its another way to write 1st), the 2nd coffin had the number 2 written on it, and the 3rd coffin had the number 4 written on it before the Hokage got rid of it. Im pretty sure thats the key hint that the 4th was in the 3rd coffin.