PDA

View Full Version : BT download problems.

NeoNytetrane
Mon, 05-17-2004, 07:20 AM
I'm trying to download Naruto 61-70 w/ BT but it keeps restarting my PC. It's not the SASSER worm. Can someone help me please?

kage_bunshin
Tue, 05-18-2004, 07:14 AM
thats very odd.

do a full system scan again with the latest anti-virus definitions

stos289
Tue, 05-18-2004, 09:42 AM
It could also be the type of bittorrent client you are using. Try uninstalling the current one you have and installing the official bittorrent client from here (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html). Hope I could help.

NM
Tue, 05-18-2004, 06:42 PM
thats pretty strange. I dont think thats ever happened to anyone else here. I recommend doing a full system scan and see if it picks up anything. If it doesnt pick up any viruses, try and download another BT client.

hiroshi
Sat, 05-22-2004, 06:17 AM
I suspect a harddrive problem instead of a virus. I always suspect hardware when my computer does something as physical as shutting itself down.

Do a scandisk, that might help. Also try diagnosing everything, like typing in dxdiag.exe in the run prompt and going through all the tests. That's good for testing your GFX Card and Sound Card. Other hardware tests.... well... i don't really know but i'm sure you will figure something out eventually =P

Rooin-Enma
Thu, 06-10-2004, 08:02 PM
ive been having problems with bittorrent also. when i try to dl a torrent, it loads the bittorrent but the seed always goes down and i end up with a speed of .0 - 1.0 kb and it wont dl and im on dsl. does anyone know wuts wrong?