PDA

View Full Version : Have we the manga readers been dooped?

Naruto_-_Kun
Mon, 05-17-2004, 01:05 AM
My god!!, is A/A translation bad, or were itachi and kisame overestimating naruto. I mean wtf. Why are they like......"we'll die if we fight him" i mean shouldnt itachi and kisame absolutely destroy naruto.....

Mut
Mon, 05-17-2004, 01:17 AM
just a translation error. nothing big. and it's obvious that they were talking about jiraiya the whole time. naruto was never brought up.

i believe in the manga!

it's so annoying how anime adds random, unnecessary shit to throw us off. i bet you, in the episode where itachi retreats, they'll have kisame says something stupid like "YOU IDIOT, WE WERE ALMOST KILLED! GOD, WE CAN'T HANDLE JIRAIYA, HE'S TOO MUCH FOR THE WHOLE AKATSUKI ORGANIZATION"

or something crap like that.

Raven
Mon, 05-17-2004, 05:59 AM
Haha, therefore fueling the fire of "Itachi is no match for Jiraiya, he'd get pwned any day of the week". I can see it happening after watching 83.

Naruto_-_Kun
Mon, 05-17-2004, 06:16 AM
yea on second watching i agree with u mutt, thats annoying though coz now we dont know wat to belive....bcoz according to what there saying if itachi > orochi and jiriaya > itachi it could possibly be jiriaya > orochi | but i dunno.....it may be like scissors paper rocks lol

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 05-17-2004, 09:35 AM
SPOILERS

i find it hard to believe that itachi and kisame vs jiraiya would mean certain death for itachi and kisame, because itachi is stronger then oro, but jiraiya coupled with tsunade had a hard time fighting oro so it doesn't make sense maybe in a one on one fight with jiraiya he could lose but not when he's coupled with kisame

Hatake Kakashi
Mon, 05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Yeah that was a messed up translation.

They kept talking about how strong someone is, then they say "He has a Sannin as a companion". So does that mean they are talking about Naruto the whole time before Jiraiya was mentioned? That is messed up if that is the case.

I mean Naruto could go insane Kyubi and I still think he couldn't beat Itachi, hell he couldn't even beat Kimimaro..

So they have to be talking about Jiraiya the whole time.

Lefty
Mon, 05-17-2004, 08:02 PM
I think Naruto could take Itachi on. It might be a long going fight to death but, Naruto could do it. It's not just he's has Kyubi to fall back on but with Naruto's determination he could go head to head and come out some what intact. Lets not forget Naruto's next in line to be Hokage after Tsunade. Time after time he's proven that's he's extreamly powerful.

Mut
Mon, 05-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by: Lefty
I think Naruto could take Itachi on. It might be a long going fight to death but, Naruto could do it. It's not just he's has Kyubi to fall back on but with Naruto's determination he could go head to head and come out some what intact. Lets not forget Naruto's next in line to be Hokage after Tsunade. Time after time he's proven that's he's extreamly powerful.

uhhh... no. he couldn't lay a finger on kimimaro when in FULL kyubi mode. i mean like, this is probably the most naruto has reached for kyubi chakra. the number of clones he made was just jaw dropping.

JusDaMan
Mon, 05-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Didnt the kaga bunshin in eps 1 match the kaga bunshin during kimimaro? i find its the same lol

Knives122
Mon, 05-17-2004, 09:49 PM
more or less, naruto was in a high emotional state so its possible that the kage bushin was the same amount in both occasions

Destroyor
Mon, 05-17-2004, 11:23 PM
I believe that anbu may have make an translation error, but since I don't have the raw I'm not 100% sure.

Either that or the producers really mess up, they (Naruto anime producers) need a better QC team, bad.

Anyway yeah this undoubtly put a dent in the "Itachi is the strongest ninja alive" theory, 2 vs 1 and still a stalemate? WTF? The guy that had Oro shitting his pant can't even take on someone Oro hold off against even when it's 2 senin vs 1??

Superman
Mon, 05-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by: Destroyor
I believe that anbu may have make an translation error, but since I don't have the raw I'm not 100% sure.

WTF. What could you possibly need the raw for? AA may have made a translation error, but if you knew japanese, you would be able to tell this from the subbed version as well.

Stoopider
Mon, 05-17-2004, 11:57 PM
Yeah. I think Itachi and Sharkface probably feared Jiraiya. If not, why would Itachi face Naruto head on in the hotel and distract Jiraiya??

I would think Jiraiya who have lived for very long time probably have faced many sharingans before, before they were all wiped out by Itachi. So Jiraiya would be very experienced going against sharingan users.

But then again, Itachi is one of a kind. And Itachi is still relatively very young. (He's around 18? right?).. ANd Jiraiya is around 50+ which would mean he probably have went through many battles and a war or two as well.

gokudagreat
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:46 AM
I just watched the episode, and they are most definitely talking about Jiraiya, thats why Itachi from what i can see had that woman distract him to get to naruto without interference from jiraiya, im a huge fan of naruto and even i think he has no change against itachi yet

Mut
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by: Stoopider
Yeah. I think Itachi and Sharkface probably feared Jiraiya. If not, why would Itachi face Naruto head on in the hotel and distract Jiraiya??

you must've missed out on a lot of discussion in the manga section about that topic. itachi is playing this smart and safe. itachi's isn't THAT much stronger than jiraiya so of course he'd rather take the safe way if he could. there is no point of going for a direct assault cuz jiraiya will cause them a lot of trouble.

Raven
Tue, 05-18-2004, 03:58 AM

I would think Jiraiya who have lived for very long time probably have faced many sharingans before, before they were all wiped out by Itachi. So Jiraiya would be very experienced going against sharingan users.

But then again, Itachi is one of a kind. And Itachi is still relatively very young. (He's around 18? right?).. ANd Jiraiya is around 50+ which would mean he probably have went through many battles and a war or two as well.
He's only avoiding an unnecessary battle. Plus, why would Jiraiya have faced the Sharingan, i.e. the Uchiha clan, before? They're all part of the leaf, there's no need for them to have fought (apart from fighting Itachi now). I'd guess that he's never faced the Sharingan before, but he most likely knows what to expect.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by: Mut@t@

you must've missed out on a lot of discussion in the manga section about that topic. itachi is playing this smart and safe. itachi's isn't THAT much stronger than jiraiya so of course he'd rather take the safe way if he could. there is no point of going for a direct assault cuz jiraiya will cause them a lot of trouble.

We dont even know if Itachi is stronger than Jiraya..

Stoopider
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:45 AM
Wow. So much feedback. Brain overload. Hmm. Sorry Mutata. I don't get what your saying.

My initial arguement was thatItachi and sharkface was talking about Jiraiya and not Naruto. Hence, they try and kidnap naruto beneath Jiraiya's nose rather than taking him head on.

Yeah. I did miss out the talk in the Naruto Manga side. Different timezone. Aih.

But to some replies...

- I would think Jiraiya had probably went face to face vs. The sharingan. Just because their the same village doesn't mean they don't spar together though. Or at least know about the Sharingan ability. It's an educated guess.

- And I never said Jiraiya or Itachi was stronger. Just said that Itachi is very young, but he should be fearful of Jiraiya none the less. As we manga readers know, Itachi and Sharkface did eventually pull out of the head on confrontation when Jiraiya started to do his Frog mouth stuff. Thus avoid unecessary battles like Cmdr Raven sez.
However in the anime, Itachi did say that he is so dangerous that even if he bring more men, it wouldn't still make a difference and their efforts would still be futile. Was that a rant? Or a Fact?

- And we haven't had a real confirmation(Well, not in this thread that is)from someone who interpreted what Itachi said correctly from the Japanese. An according to the interpretation of some from the subtitles, he is meaning either Jiraiya or Naruto.

And thats why I believe he was talking about Jiraiya.

PSJ
Tue, 05-18-2004, 12:55 PM
just want to throw in some random words. i read to the post where some annoying guy that only writes lines 3-4 words long. who said oroachimaru is no match for itachi. this has been discussed alot in the manga forum so ill just repeat what said in there.

orochimaru thiks to highly of the sharingan. cuase it can copy jutsus orochimaru believes he wont be any mtach to itachi's jutsu library. sure he might also be afraid of the mange sharingan but not so afraid so he dont stand a chance against him. i believe either one of the sannin would have a good chance of beating itachi.

and now to what this post was about originally. thats probaly a translation error maybe they were saying that they cant let naruto to release the kyubi becuase they would die fighting him. cant see anyone else they would die against. it cant be jiraiya since they are 2 S class criminals.

Stoopider
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:08 PM
S class criminals.. S for Sannin??
I still defend my case!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Also, Sharkface did say the three Sannins make the 10 swordsmen look pathetic. Or something like that. But you maybe right about him releasing his kyuubi. Maybe.

Mut
Tue, 05-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Wow. So much feedback. Brain overload. Hmm. Sorry Mutata. I don't get what your saying.

you asked me this: "why would Itachi face Naruto head on in the hotel and distract Jiraiya??"

i said to avoid confrontation. but this doesn't mean itachi was scared or anything, it was to avoid unnecessary fights, so itachi is playing it smart and safe. i mean, itachi is strong and all, but fighting a sannin isn't good for you even if you're itachi.

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 02:32 PM
didnt they say itachi was also an S-class criminal? i dont think the S means sannin......it prolly means "super", or something engrishy like that

Destroyor
Tue, 05-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by: Superman

Originally posted by: Destroyor

WTF. What could you possibly need the raw for? AA may have made a translation error, but if you knew japanese, you would be able to tell this from the subbed version as well.

You are absolutely right, stupid me .... ><".

Anyway after going back to that part of eps.83, the 2, yes 2! sentences are as follow:

His caretaker is a legendary Sanin. <---note the period.
Konoha's Uchiha Clan and the Mist's Seven Shinobi-gatana seem petty before his (meaning Jiraiya) name.

And base on my poor jap, no name were ever mention, and AA did not made an error afterall. The two above sentence is spoken by sharkface and no name was mention, so it's just the way he said them that causes confusion.

Legendary Nin
Tue, 05-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Remember,the manga will always be more accurate than the anime.So therefore,anything said in the manga wil hold more ground than the anime.This is the case in all series that have an anime adopted after a manga.

Raven
Tue, 05-18-2004, 08:29 PM
I agree, Legendary Nin. Therefore, I think that we can virtually disregard the anime's themes of "We'd both die against Jiraiya". The manga is a much more reliable source, and it never says it there.

raijin
Tue, 05-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by: CmDr_RavEn
I agree, Legendary Nin. Therefore, I think that we can virtually disregard the anime's themes of "We'd both die against Jiraiya". The manga is a much more reliable source, and it never says it there.
Actually, the manga has mentioned it, but the current circulating translated chapter where it is said is somewhat mistranslated.

Although I could do a translation myself from the raw manga, here is the conversation (from the manga) between Itachi and Kisame after their confrontation with the Konoha Jounins translated by AK of Troy (the individual who translated Naruto Volumes 1-12 and is the translator at Toriyama's World):

Kisame - You may be able to keep up with him but I don't know about me...
Kisame - He's on a different level
Itachi - Yeah... Fight him and we either both end up dead or get lucky and get a draw
Itachi - Increasing our numbers likely won't make a difference
Kisame - We finally find him at the ramen place and his bodyguard is one of those "legendary three nins"...
Kisame - Against him, the name of the "Leaf's Uchiha Clan" and the "Mist Seven Shinobi Swordsman" will just be tarnished...
Itachi - Yeah... But...
Itachi - Even the most powerful have a weakness...

Mut
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:05 PM
wow, that's pretty gay.

*jumps off itachi bandwagon*

lol, just kidding. i still believe that itachi will never lose to anyone he comes across. he might not totally beat them, but never lose!

but anyway... how reliable is ak of troy...?

Gods_Son
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:11 PM
The translation differences won't be settled until there is a real battle between Itachi and Jiraiya.

skyro
Tue, 05-18-2004, 10:54 PM
TW's (and thus AK of Troy's) translations have I've found to be the best naruto translators thus far. In terms of image quality I've found Inane better (I like their colored pictures heh) but TW has always had the edge on translations in both the manga in anime (this is nearly undisputed within the community I've seen). Too bad they look at quality too much and pretty much disregard speed of release totally. Although I don't really know what source raijin for that text from (from their site in the forums I'm assuming), but it will be interesting to see how Itachi-fans will react to that.

Assertn
Tue, 05-18-2004, 11:30 PM
you cant say that the manga translation will always be more accurate than the anime translation cause both can be mistranslated just the same

Mut
Wed, 05-19-2004, 12:37 AM
this is never gonna end. why couldn't naruto come out in english i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

EDIT: i meant why couldn't kishimoto write it in english. =p

Stoopider
Wed, 05-19-2004, 01:29 AM
Naruto come out in English??

But then we would have to buy them i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

AznSensation
Wed, 05-19-2004, 02:05 AM
Actually, in the manga you'll see that Jiraiya fights Ochimaru by himself, because Tsunamu is fighting with Kabuto. And Jir does win in the end against Och and no arms... It's kind of a tough comparisson actually

Raven
Wed, 05-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Uh.... since when are we discussing Jiraiya vs. Oro? I thought it was about Jiraiya vs. Itachi, and what Itachi said.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:43 AM
Need someone who understands japanese *extremely* well to offer more information on this i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Pretend the A/A and other translations never existed, and just tell us what you think Itachi/Kisame said i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Wed, 05-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by: AznSensation
Actually, in the manga you'll see that Jiraiya fights Ochimaru by himself, because Tsunamu is fighting with Kabuto. And Jir does win in the end against Och and no arms... It's kind of a tough comparisson actually

jiraiya doesn't win actually. orochimaru plants jiraiya's ass in the ground.

skyro
Wed, 05-19-2004, 05:09 PM
I haven't read that part in the manga for a while but wasn't jiraiya when he was fighitng oro still under the effects of the drugs that tsunade put in his sake?

And Memnoch if in fact AK of Troy did translate that text like I said I'm pretty sure it's accurate. Actually if you check out the animesuki forums one of the memebers translated it himself and it is virtually the same.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Lmao cool i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I've always thought Itachi was = or > Jiraiya, now I have Itachi himself admitting as much i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

codeRed
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by: skyro
I haven't read that part in the manga for a while but wasn't jiraiya when he was fighitng oro still under the effects of the drugs that tsunade put in his sake?

And Memnoch if in fact AK of Troy did translate that text like I said I'm pretty sure it's accurate. Actually if you check out the animesuki forums one of the memebers translated it himself and it is virtually the same.

It seems like it doesn't matter who translated it people still don't want to believe it and still insist that Itachi is the strongest and that there is no equal. I was surprise myself when the dialogue came up but it seemed pretty much cut and dry that Itachi admits that Jiraiya is stronger.

Knives122
Wed, 05-19-2004, 07:38 PM
i dont think they necessarily confirmed who they were talking about did they?

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Given how easily Kyuubi Naruto was nerfed by Oro, I don't think that Itachi was talking about anyone besides Jiraiya.

Naruto ... no he's tough, but not fast/smart enough to face Itachi
Kyuubi Naruto .. tougher, but can be dealt with (Oro/Kimi)
Sasuke .. lmao no way
Jiraiya .. bingo i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mut
Wed, 05-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by: codeRed

Originally posted by: skyro

It seems like it doesn't matter who translated it people still don't want to believe it and still insist that Itachi is the strongest and that there is no equal. I was surprise myself when the dialogue came up but it seemed pretty much cut and dry that Itachi admits that Jiraiya is stronger.

well, i said this in a thread before but kisame does ask why itachi has to retreat from jiriaya.

so, like... before they say that they would get killed, but then later they question the reason for retreat, asking as if it was unnecessary. so, wtf?

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Could be that Kisame really wanted to go ahead with the mission, and wanted a different plan .. like Itachi staying behind to distract Jiraiya while Kisame went ahead and took Naruto.

The clear problem with Itachi/Kisame/Strength is that they failed in their mission, though they did escape with their lives.

Raven
Wed, 05-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by: MemnochTheCaT
Given how easily Kyuubi Naruto was nerfed by Oro, I don't think that Itachi was talking about anyone besides Jiraiya.

Naruto ... no he's tough, but not fast/smart enough to face Itachi
Kyuubi Naruto .. tougher, but can be dealt with (Oro/Kimi)
Sasuke .. lmao no way
Jiraiya .. bingo i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Maybe they were talking about the Kyuubi itself - not Kyubi Naruto, but the demon released.

Also, we still have to consider the possible fact that if they WERE talking about Jiraiya, Itachi might have just been pessimistic. He may have just been fully overestimating Jiraiya as much as he could, saying "We'll definitely die if we face him" so that there was no chance of going into battle overconfident. But the reality might be different to what he said.

BTW, I'm just trying to consider all the possibilities.

MemnochTheCaT
Wed, 05-19-2004, 09:31 PM
Itachi doesn't seem to have the personality of someone who either exaggerates or underestimates anything.

Why would Kyuubi Naruto pose a threat to Itachi? Oro tossed Kyuubi Naruto aside like a pair of moldy socks, and I doubt Itachi would do anything to unseal Kyuubi on purpose, the Akatsuki probably have a particular plan in place for that procedure. If we believe Oro (considering how insane Oro is, he might have been just talking out of his ass..), he is weaker than Itachi, so Itachi being threatened by Naruto in any form would be pretty silly at this point.

I think that it's pretty easy to tell that (A)- They were talking about Jiraiya, and (B)- We need to meet the rest of Akatsuki, so we have a real credible villain... Itachi is Sasuke's plot device, he isn't strong or complex enough to fill the role of primary baddie i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

orn210
Wed, 05-19-2004, 11:00 PM
i think they're talking about jiraiya cuz in the manga they did, but it just doesn't look right they seem too scared from what they're talking about

hopeknight
Thu, 05-20-2004, 05:52 AM
I'm not really an Itachi fan, but I think he's strong, not because of his super ninja skills, but because he's smart. Like people have already said, it's not that he can't possibly win, it's that it would be a risk to face Jiraiya. He knows his oppponent is powerful and that there is a possibility of failure. So, being cautious is the best way to go. Itachi has proven to be cautious, and not at all reckless in battles, and I believe that's why he's so strong.

Kurapica
Thu, 05-20-2004, 06:14 AM
I still find it a bit hard to believe that Itachi is stronger than Orichimaru, though Orichimaru said it himself. When Jiraiya and Tsunade were fighting Orichimaru i don't believe they were fighting with all their strength. So Orichimaru, Jiraiya and Tsunade should still own everybody introduced so far. They aren't called Sannin for nothing. We shouldn't take it serious when someone gives an estimation of the power of another shinobi. Unless it is proven in actual combat .

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-20-2004, 10:01 AM
I think they were worried that Jiraya might do a suicide jutsu and take both of them out with him...
their main concern isn't defeating Jiraya, but to get Naruto, and even more than that, they have to stay alive...

so they were probably thinking that it'd be much simpler to take Naruto while Jiraya is away, so they won't run the risk of openning a mass fight...

Raven
Thu, 05-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Yeah, a suicide jutsu would help explain it.

Maybe he has a famous one that they know about but we haven't seen/heard of it yet.

And Memnoch, in your most recent post, you referred to Kyuubi-Naruto. But if that was in response to my post, I was talking about Kyuubi himself, released.

MemnochTheCaT
Fri, 05-21-2004, 12:05 AM
That's interesting, but why would Kyuubi be released? Oro had no problem dealing with Naruto, rendering him completely useless AND unconcious (perfect for traveling hehehe)! If Itachi is stronger than Oro, and has the use of Mange sharingan, he could also deal with Naruto without a second thought. I'm thinking that if he HAD chosen to do this, he wouldn't have enough chakra to escape Jiraiya .. and obviously fighting Jiraiya head-on is extraordinarily dangerous in nature.

So, if logic holds, I don't think there's any way there were talking about Kyuubi itself ..

Mut
Fri, 05-21-2004, 12:20 AM
i think as smart as itachi is... he fucked up himself over. he used mangekyou sharingan on kakashi once, then he wasted one on sasuke. he tired himself out so bad he couldn't really do much... itachi, you idiot!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 05-21-2004, 04:12 PM
but you're forggetting that Itachi didn't use the mangakyou sharingan for fighting purposes at those times, he used it to increase his "I'm bad" factor...
against Kakashi, to show him the diffrence between a stolen sharingan and a real Uchiha sharinan, and against Sasuke to remind Sasuke that he still needs more hatefulness if he wants to beat him ("hey bro! remember that time when I killed everybody in the clan? what would you say if i gave ya a chance to relive that day?")...

besides, I'm quite positive that Jiraya won't fall to the sharingan technique, i think he might do a 'frog glare' and counter it, but that's just my speculation, and they're completly unrelated...

Itachi is just worried that his bishiness effects his 'bad ass' factor, espically with Kisame's rising popularity, so he wants to show us that he's just as evil as any other non-bishi villian....

sorry about that^, i was just hanging around today with a bunch of fangirls, not good for one's mental health...

Gods_Son
Fri, 05-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Enough about Jiraiya vs. Itachi, that wasn't a real fight. Don't hold it against either of them, wait for a real face off between the two.

v Perhaps, but we still haven't seen both at full potential. That would probably help determine it a little better. v

Knives122
Fri, 05-21-2004, 10:01 PM
but most likely that'll never happen so all we have is our imagination

Hotsuma
Fri, 05-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Itachi could easily fight and beat Jiraiya. Throw a naked girl at him, and Jiraiya would be distracted. That's when Itachi goes in for the kill.

What weaknesses does Itachi have so far? NONE. (Except Udon, heheh)

End of discussion. Itachi wins. Jiraiya's horny, and unfortunately, that's his biggest weakness.

jing
Sat, 05-22-2004, 12:07 AM
I think it's reasonanble to say that Jiraiya can suiscide no jutsu his ass.
But oro would not risk his life for anyone, he is selfish, so he will just run away.

I agree with Hotsuma, nose bleed no jutsu him to death.

staind
Sat, 05-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Just reminding people about that fight, Jiraiya was drugged by Tsunade right before that fight. Kabuto had to HELP Oro summon the snake, and Oro still had to run away before being killed. Tsunade would have fucked him up hard core.... all i got to say about that...

anyway, so i think it's possible for Jiraiya to be stronger than Oro, but i don't know by how much exactly...

Catalyst
Sat, 05-22-2004, 11:48 AM
I think the 3 legends all have their strengths and weaknesses. Oro's got the jutsu's, Tsunades got the crazy strength and Jiraiya apart from being good at peeping seems to know some serious uncopyable jutsu's (such as resengan and the wierd toad belly genjutsu)

Nine Tailed Demon
Sat, 05-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
SPOILERS

i find it hard to believe that itachi and kisame vs jiraiya would mean certain death for itachi and kisame, because itachi is stronger then oro, but jiraiya coupled with tsunade had a hard time fighting oro so it doesn't make sense maybe in a one on one fight with jiraiya he could lose but not when he's coupled with kisame

Once again, Jiraiya was DRUNK DURING THAT BATTLE AND TSUNADE WAS STILL RECOVERING FROM HER BLOOD THING/HEALING FROM THE WOUND!

Insomniac
Sun, 05-23-2004, 12:26 AM
you guys seriously overestimate Itachi

Itachi said that he could fight evening with Jiyaira but the only result could mean death to both of them (which is an acceptable result)

he also mentioned that no matter how many people helped it would still end up the same (thus showing the strength of jiyaira but still admitting that he would die)

they're just setting it up to be that Jiyaira and Itachi are even but Itachi does not want to die so he wont fight him all out.

one thing - just because Itachi is stronger then Oro (oh by the way in the anime it says 'now that is but a dream because he is stronger then me' when Oro has lost use of his arms 'now meaning i have no use of arms, itachi is stronger then me' but read it as you want to) doesnt mean that hes stronger then everyone at Oro's level.

THINK before you put everyone in the same category, personally i think that if Tsunade fought Itachi, Itachi would come out the loser as Tsunade doesnt use alot of jutsu and has amazing strength.

you have to remember that Itachi is still young while the legendary 3 are all LEGENDS FOR A REASON. Itachi might fight evenly with them but he is not stronger then them and definately not stronger then any former hokages.

one more thing, how are we to know that the manga translation was exactly what they were saying anyway?

Mut
Sun, 05-23-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by: Insomniac

Itachi said that he could fight evening with Jiyaira but the only result could mean death to both of them (which is an acceptable result)

he also mentioned that no matter how many people helped it would still end up the same (thus showing the strength of jiyaira but still admitting that he would die)

they're just setting it up to be that Jiyaira and Itachi are even but Itachi does not want to die so he wont fight him all out.

one thing - just because Itachi is stronger then Oro (oh by the way in the anime it says 'now that is but a dream because he is stronger then me' when Oro has lost use of his arms 'now meaning i have no use of arms, itachi is stronger then me' but read it as you want to) doesnt mean that hes stronger then everyone at Oro's level.

THINK before you put everyone in the same category, personally i think that if Tsunade fought Itachi, Itachi would come out the loser as Tsunade doesnt use alot of jutsu and has amazing strength.

you have to remember that Itachi is still young while the legendary 3 are all LEGENDS FOR A REASON. Itachi might fight evenly with them but he is not stronger then them and definately not stronger then any former hokages.

one more thing, how are we to know that the manga translation was exactly what they were saying anyway?

i'd have to disagree on some parts. i don't think tsunade would win. i think she lacks speed. if kabuto was able keep up with her i mean... what should we think of her? and yeah, they are legends for a reason, but they are way past their primes. the only person i could see being closest to their prime is orochimaru since he's the only one focusing on staying as a ninja while others are wasting their lives away gambling or being a pervert. and itachi is going into his prime while the sannin are pretty much out of it.

Stoopider
Sun, 05-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Do not underestimate the old Fogeys i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif.

But then again, what age would be their prime? 20's? 30's? Experience have to account for something.

Trunks420
Sun, 05-23-2004, 10:08 AM
in which episode did Tsunade fight?

Stoopider
Sun, 05-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Manga. SHe haven't fought in the anime yet. Your in the 'Open Discussion' Area, so it's practically open to everything. Lots of spoilers here so take heed what you read.

originalkrn
Sun, 05-23-2004, 12:38 PM
There might be a chance for tsunade to beat itachi, but it will cost her most her life because she might be able to use that awesome regen skill.

Insomniac
Sun, 05-23-2004, 09:49 PM
we dont know how strong Kabuto really is so its not hard to believe he kept up with Tsunade, it was said alot earlier in the series that Kabuto and Kakashi were even but the fight with Tsunade showed differently (also Tsunade was only losing when Kabuto spread the blood on her)

Mut
Sun, 05-23-2004, 09:52 PM
like i said before... while orochimaru has been keeping himself in shape, jiraiya and tsunade have been wasting away doing stupid stuff. i wasn't surprised at all how kabuto was able to keep up with her.

Nine Tailed Demon
Sun, 05-23-2004, 09:55 PM
like i said before... while orochimaru has been keeping himself in shape, jiraiya and tsunade have been wasting away doing stupid stuff. i wasn't surprised at all how kabuto was able to keep up with her.

Kabuto can't keep up with Tsunade, the only reason he was getting the best of her at that moment was because she was still shivering from the blood. As soon as she got over it, she was back at her legendary sanin level fighting Oro.

Gods_Son
Sun, 05-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Kabuto is clever, because of that he was able to keep up with her. It should be obvious by now, that cleverness also determines how good of a fighter you are.

Kurapica
Mon, 05-24-2004, 06:15 AM

I agree with this, you can't expect to be on your best if you don't train intensively. Tsunade and Jiraiya should train like hell if they want to stay on top.

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-24-2004, 06:42 AM
Itachi is cool and all, and he definitely has a lot of jutsu, but he's just another sharigan user.

I think a lot of you have to realize that Naruto, Sasuke, and most of the others are young, and therefore not fully developed. OF COURSE Itachi could destroy most of them, his skills have basically been fully developed since he was 12.

They don't percieve Naruto as a threat because he has like FOUR jutsu's at that point.

I know I'm really getting off topic but, where has Udon (by the way, that is a name of a noodle) ever been mentioned in the manga? I've read them at least twice and never remember hearing about him ever. The only parts of Akatsuki(spelling?) that have been mentioned are that they're really powerful rogue ninjas, Sharkface and Itachi are members, and Orochimaru used to be. I know I must have missed the ENDLESS discussion threads about this before, but I'd appreciate if someone would enlighten me.

Destroyor
Mon, 05-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Udon is a joke, you wouldn't want to know. It's an old, feeble sad wind bag;it's not even funny anymore.

CapsuleCorpJX
Fri, 06-04-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by: DeluxSkillz
SPOILERS

Jiraiya was poisoned by Tsuande. Tsuande still had her intense fear of blood. Of course Oro couldn't use his arms, but thats why Oro and Kabuto could at least hold off on the other two sannins.

You'll notice that as soon as Tsuande got over her fear of blood, and Jiraiya was recovering from the poison, Kabuto and Oro fled.

Mongoose
Fri, 06-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Tsunade gave Orochimaru a pretty good smack upside the head after she got over her red-stuff phobia, too. I don't think he wanted to stick around after that. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Uchiha-Itachi
Mon, 06-07-2004, 06:00 AM
Jiraiya and Itachi are at the same lvl imo, but itachi is like 18 and jiraiya is like 50..

But when they go 1on1 they both have equale chance of winning. Dont underestimate Jiraiya nor Itachi i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif they're both @ kage lvl

PSJ
Mon, 06-07-2004, 07:55 AM
this itachi discussion is just pointless it has been done so many times go to the manga forum and read the topic "uchiha itachi" if you really want to say anyhting say it after reading that. that topic covers pretty much every single thing about itachi.

Knives122
Mon, 06-07-2004, 01:36 PM
I still think even with His arms Oro couldnt beat Tsunade or Jiraiya, and Kabuto couldnt do much agaist them either, no matter how clever he is, b/c the poison and the fear of blood is what held them back and once they got over that Oro and Kabuto would have been grinded into dust

Hakeem_21
Mon, 06-07-2004, 02:11 PM

i'd have to disagree on some parts. i don't think tsunade would win. i think she lacks speed. if kabuto was able keep up with her i mean... what should we think of her? and yeah, they are legends for a reason, but they are way past their primes. the only person i could see being closest to their prime is orochimaru since he's the only one focusing on staying as a ninja while others are wasting their lives away gambling or being a pervert. and itachi is going into his prime while the sannin are pretty much out of it.

I dont think that 50 is that old for a legendry nin and Oro said to the third that Oro would get killed if the hogake was 10 years younger and that would mean 70 years or so. So just because they are 50 doesnt mean that they are weaker when they were like 20 or 30 years old.

There is a very little chance that Jiraya is in a bad shape i dont think that he will stop training just beacause he is a pervet you have understand that the pervert thing is a cover for Jiraya cause who will think that a pervert would be the legendary toad ninja.

Masamune
Tue, 06-08-2004, 11:49 AM
we dont know how strong Kabuto really is so its not hard to believe he kept up with Tsunade, it was said alot earlier in the series that Kabuto and Kakashi were even but the fight with Tsunade showed differently (also Tsunade was only losing when Kabuto spread the blood on her)

Originally posted by: Mut@t@like i said before... while orochimaru has been keeping himself in shape, jiraiya and tsunade have been wasting away doing stupid stuff. i wasn't surprised at all how kabuto was able to keep up with her.

i remeber kabuto taking a soldier pill, so that would drasticly help him,with keeping up